I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

nhammen wrote:
Saint wrote:N3 we had an Ability Cop, which just returns how many abilities someone had. It's... kind of useless actually, I didn't know what to do with it. We confirmed that q21 had 0 abilities N3.[/i][/color]
q21 is CONFIRMED TOWN. Unless Saint is scum. I asked the mod, and the Mafia Kill counts as an ability in the ability count. If you target scum, they will have at least 1 ability. Anybody with 0 is confirmed town.
Saint and BunnyLover, can you verify this with the mod as well?

If all 3 have the same story, it is much more believable than just 1 player asking the mod.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Bunnylover wrote:So out of everyone we have SC as a confirmed townie since he/she received an ability from TMH?
No. The dayvig was in the void and not given to me directly. I'm suspect, in fact.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by popsofctown »

SKs always seem rather out of place in the daygame.

The way the ability cop work bodes well for my little pet theory that the mafia nightkill is a nonstandard power role cycling within the mafia group.

Spoiler: Just for fun
And my much sillier theory that DGB accidentally killed RCpartner trying to cycle the mafia kill to him, then as a kneejerk reflex immediately claimed the kill to try to salvage good out of the situation, hoping she could figure out a consistent story later, and couldn't.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by Saint »

I Am Innocent wrote:
nhammen wrote:
Saint wrote:N3 we had an Ability Cop, which just returns how many abilities someone had. It's... kind of useless actually, I didn't know what to do with it. We confirmed that q21 had 0 abilities N3.[/i][/color]
q21 is CONFIRMED TOWN. Unless Saint is scum. I asked the mod, and the Mafia Kill counts as an ability in the ability count. If you target scum, they will have at least 1 ability. Anybody with 0 is confirmed town.
Saint and BunnyLover, can you verify this with the mod as well?

If all 3 have the same story, it is much more believable than just 1 player asking the mod.
IAI, I know I'm ME and everything, but you COULD read my posts. I even bolded the important part.

Bunnylover wrote:I targeted MoI N1 and got that he had no abilities.
This is somewhat awkward. You said D2 that "you got MoI's [Void] ability". You just said you got a result that Moai didn't have any abilities.
I'm not sure if this makes sense or not :?

What I was thinking pre-clarification was that if BL knew what that ability was, he would have Voided it at light speed - especially since scum have every reason to toss stuff into the abyssal dumpster N1. Therefore Bunnylover was more likely Town.

I had BL down as Town for similar reasons while rereading when I first entered the game.

Now... I'm not sure, leaning toward keeping my Town read.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

@IAI: I asked the mod. Will give my results when responded.

@SC: Thanks for clearing that up.

@Saint: ._. Why do you think I said it would be embarrassing for me. It doesn't make sense, which is why I'm like what the fuck am I doing in this game.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I Am Innocent wrote: Pops, can I have your current Top 4 suspects for bad guys/SK?
DGB, ckd, q21, strangercoug in some order
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Saint »

unvote

the ability cop is called monitor
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

If a mafia member uses a kill and we used the ability cop on them, it would show that they have an ability.
If they don't use a kill, it wouldn't.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by Saint »

the whole misrepresentation from NHammen may not mean he is scum, but it definitely has my FoS
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Post by WrathChild »

So apparently I'm confused how the void collector works. My impression was the the person with the VC ability fishes a role out of the void and passes it to someone else AND passes the VC ability to a different person. I was under the impression that the ability pulled from the void would have to abide by the same passing restrictions as the VC ability. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:25 pm

Post by WrathChild »

WrathChild wrote:So first thing to look at is the Treestump Ability:
If we lynch CKD like we should and he flips scum, it confirms Implosion and IAI.

Day Vig:
TMH flipped scum so that confirms SC as Town right?

Void Collector:
Appears D2 with IAI, how he was selected I don't know. This ability alone confirms no one. So Diddin attempted to Bus Drive the Day Vig to himself, but was killed N2, sending it to the void. TMH obviously lied and said he tried to send it RC, but instead sent it to Diddin, knowing full well that Diddin would be the NK target, confirming that the Shotgun Kill is the scum kill.

Quadz attempted to pass hibernate N1 to MOI. IAI collected Hibernate N1 and passed it to Implossion. This tells us nothing.

SC passed me Day Vig from the void. This tells us nothing.

Is there anything else in the Void?

Hibernate (Bulletproof):
So Implosion had Hibernate D2 and N2 passed it to someone who was targeted by the mafia last night. Is this information we want to make public or is it best left unsaid? I don't see the harm in announcing who Implossion passed it to, but my head is starting to feel a bit foggy (think I'm getting sick), so I could be wrong.

Tracker:
N3 IAI tracked bunnylover with no result, N2 Implosion had it and has not claimed his target. There should be plenty of information now for him bust any one if he's going to.

N1 nhammen claims to have tracked chk to Darla with ability remover. I need to look into this more. Something is confusing here and I'm running out of time.

In fact I am out of time. TBC. Please answer my questions if you see one addressed to you.
Questions until I finish this tomorrow:
#1: Anything else in the void we should know about?
#2: See my last post about Void collector
#3: Should the person with Hibernate step forward and confirm their towniness?
#4: Implossion's N2 results

and a new question:
#5 Can we please get take a look at the uber-suspicious Purge ability. Didn't DGB claim it cycled? So... should the person who held it before and after him be safe to come forward?
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:11 am

Post by q21 »

popsofctown wrote:q21 makes a good point about dgb-sk,but somehow sk hunting doesn't make me feel better about his alignment.
I've already stated who I think should be good lynches for today: Saint and CKD. I've spent ages in this game pointing out why Saint is scum. CKD is mostly scum for the failed pass to TMH and I think he would make the better lynch because of the number and identities of the people who would be confirmed by his scumflip. However I can't vote so pushing either one feels like I'm wasting my time. Making a newer point about someone feels like actually doing something even though I can't vote based on it.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:39 am

Post by Saint »

WrathChild wrote:#5 Can we please get take a look at the uber-suspicious Purge ability. Didn't DGB claim it cycled? So... should the person who held it before and after him be safe to come forward?
You're, like, six pages behind the times here. But you pretty much hit on why Goofball IS the best lynch Today.
There's no reason for her to hit q21 when she can hit, say, someone who's suspicious of her and just keep not getting lynched.

I've already stated who I think should be good lynches for today: Saint and CKD. I've spent ages in this game pointing out why Saint is scum.
ITT, q21 claims tunnel vision.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:55 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

WrathChild wrote:So apparently I'm confused how the void collector works. My impression was the the person with the VC ability fishes a role out of the void and passes it to someone else AND passes the VC ability to a different person. I was under the impression that the ability pulled from the void would have to abide by the same passing restrictions as the VC ability. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I was told to pass the Void Collector and Hibernate ability to different players.

Not sure if you are implying this, but it is not an immediate effect (pull out the Hibernate ability and pass it right away). I got to use the Hibernate ability for N2 after choosing it N1/dawnD2. Then I sent it and the Void Collector to different players at the end of N2.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:01 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

WrathChild wrote:Questions until I finish this tomorrow:
#1: Anything else in the void we should know about?
#2: See my last post about Void collector
#3: Should the person with Hibernate step forward and confirm their towniness?
#4: Implossion's N2 results

and a new question:
#5 Can we please get take a look at the uber-suspicious Purge ability. Didn't DGB claim it cycled? So... should the person who held it before and after him be safe to come forward?
#1 SC said the dayvig was his only choice D3, so unless someone forwarded something along to Nero Cain N3, there shouldn't be. Nobody mentioned it, so I assumed there wasn't (this can be verified by the player with the Void Collector D4 on D5)
#2 Answered in my Prior Post
#3 Absolutely not. This only helps scum N4 to zone on an easier target.

#5 Nobody claimed to Purge Nero Cain N3. So either scum had it, or it doesn't cycle. We do the same routine N4 on whoever is purged. If nobody still confirms, we can (with almost absolute certainty) know that DGB has some permanent Purge Ability.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:23 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

q21 wrote:However I can't vote so pushing either one feels like I'm wasting my time. Making a newer point about someone feels like actually doing something even though I can't vote based on it.
Very scummy. I spoke tons D3 when I had the treestump. Unfortunately scum only care about driving mislynches, and using their vote to help them along the way.

More on your N4 death later.
Saint wrote:
WrathChild wrote:#5 Can we please get take a look at the uber-suspicious Purge ability. Didn't DGB claim it cycled? So... should the person who held it before and after him be safe to come forward?
You're, like, six pages behind the times here. But you pretty much hit on why Goofball IS the best lynch Today.
There's no reason for her to hit q21 when she can hit, say, someone who's suspicious of her and just keep not getting lynched.
If you read my plan, there is a reason:

1) q21 is scummy and has the treestump. The Purge Ability is the one chance to take them both out at the same time. DGB is off limits today.
2) DGB should be tracked. If they come back doing anything other than targeting q21, auto lynch from the group D5

If we are down 4 scum to start D5, DGB may still be the best lynch D5. That is a decision for then. But for now, DGB is off limits.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:44 am

Post by Saint »

I Am Innocent wrote:
Saint wrote:
If you read my plan, there is a reason:

1) q21 is scummy and has the treestump. The Purge Ability is the one chance to take them both out at the same time. DGB is off limits today.
2) DGB should be tracked. If they come back doing anything other than targeting q21, auto lynch from the group D5

If we are down 4 scum to start D5, DGB may still be the best lynch D5. That is a decision for then. But for now, DGB is off limits.
I've only ever seen attempting to control the SK lead to tears for Town, but it IS worth the chance of the Tree Stump getting taken out.

Are you done ignoring the results of me and Bunnylover asking the mod about the Monitor ability and the associated conclusions?
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:19 am

Post by nhammen »

Saint wrote:
And the clarification PM just came in.

nhammen is
not correct
. Only the person using the factional kill will register as having that ability.
So, q21 isn't confirmed. I still think this reflects well on nhammen though.
Now I will have to re-clarify with the mod, because all that was said is that the kill counts on the results. I just figured it counts for all members. I guess I should have asked for more specifics. Will get back to you with more details.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:22 am

Post by nhammen »

Saint's version is correct. My first version is incorrect.

Also, I would like to reiterate that our mod responds ungodly fast to queries. Awesome job!
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:03 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Saint wrote:
Are you done ignoring the results of me and Bunnylover asking the mod about the Monitor ability and the associated conclusions?
I am not ignoring anything. I made the request to you and BL as soon as I read nhammen's post, and after I did I noticed you already posted.

As far as associated conclusions, I think that analysis tells me about as much as my tracking of BunnyLover last night. Meaning:

1) If BunnyLover is scum, he did not send the kill orders N3.
2) If q21 is scum, he did not send the kill orders in that night (N2?).

I still personally think q21 is scum. I saw a distinct link between him and TMH D1 regarding leaving Diddin alone for a day. Maybe he knew that he was seen as suspicious and maybe they have a very town looking player send in the kill orders. As you saw, I still think Bunnylover is suspicous despite nothing coming back on the tracking ability last night (ranked BL #5 on my last scum list). Pretty much for the same reason, with likely 4 living scum those nights, the players in question may not have sent the orders in.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:22 am

Post by WrathChild »

WrathChild wrote:
Removed from the Game

Ability Redirector (
TMH
->
Diddin
->RFG N2)
Doctor (
DBE
->
Parama
->RFG D2)
Ability Remover (
CHK
->RFG N1)
Double Voter (
Powerox
-> RFG D1)
Watcher (
muh
-> RFG Day 1)

Claimed Abilities not RFG

Treestump (Implosion -> Curiouskarmadog -> I Am Innocent -> q21)
Day Vig (
diddin
->
themanhimself
(stole the ability) -> StrangerCoug/randomly sent to WC ->
WrathChild
)
Void Collector ((nobody D1) -> I Am Innocent -> StrangerCoug ->???)
Hibernate (
quadz08
->
MOI
/Void/Collected by I Am Innocent -> Implosion ->???)
Tracker (q21/nhammen -> Implosion -> I Am Innocent (Bunny) -> ???)
Roleblock (Saint (DBE) -> q21 -> Implosion (NC) -> ?)
Purge (? -> DrippingGoofball -> ? -> ?)
Ability Cop (bunny -> nhammen -> Saint -> ???)
Re-Initialize (Pops -> DGB -> LMP -> ???)

There is 1 unclaimed abilities:

Unclaimed 3 (q21/nhammen -> implosion -> Pops -> ???)

I know this is just a rehash of what IAI did, but I'm getting somewhere I think, so bare with me.
Roleblock:
Starts off with Saint, who Roleblocks DBE (Doctoring Parama), saint passes it to q21 who has NOT claimed a target for N2, but passed it to Implossion who blocked NC night 3 who died via purge with no abilities.

q21 needs to claim a target for N2

Purge:
The million dollar question. N1 chk was purged, N2 RC was purged, N3 NC was purged. No one was claimed the purge ability other than DGB, of course after he nailed scum. Now the interesting thing is if you read DGB's ISO #29-#36 it is pretty obvious who DGB wants dead. ISO #25 seems to be sidestepping the issue of passing. In his ISO #95 DGB claims to have had nothing N3, but I think it is pretty obvious he killed Nero. The missing nail in this coffin is if anyone sent him the purge ability after N1.

However, if DGB's ability is noncycling it makes the Vanilla/Ability numbers work out perfectly from Day 1.

I am pretty certain that DGB's ability is noncycling and he is a liar. Chances are he is SK.

BUT... If we want to eliminate the stump we need the NK from DGB... BUT... as long as the stump is in play DGB will continue to flaunt a free pass. I don't know the risk/reward ratio for leaving DGB alive.

Ability Cop:
Day 1 Bunny holds it and investigates MOI N1 who had no abilities. Bunny passes it to nhammen who investigates RC N2. Red Coyote returned a result of 1 ability, but died with 0. Nhammen indicates that this is because he controled the mafia NK that night. The NK that night was Diddin who TMH passed the Day Vig to. Nhammen passes to Saint who investigates q21 who turns up 0 abilities. This ability is pretty useless because results are easily fakable considering how much information we are laying on the table.

Re-Initialize:
I'll get to this later. Brain fog has set in.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

I am Innocent, you still have little explanation for DGB would purge a player who is lowering her threshhold for victory.

And there still isn't anyone in this game who can confirm that there's only one mafia faction, meaning putting off DGBlynch could end the game rather than procrastinate a chore.
"Well, I..."
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Saint »

I see no reason DGB couldn't be scum with the SK flavor being shotgunned as opposed to purged
Mafia kill could be purged
We see them off on different nights, but neither one of them has been fully consistent. Perhaps due to the person wanting to use other abilities, and the scum kill cycling in and of itself.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:59 am

Post by q21 »

Saint wrote:
But I am suspicious of her and she can get town points for killing me because it seems everyone wants her to.
Saint wrote:
I've already stated who I think should be good lynches for today: Saint and CKD. I've spent ages in this game pointing out why Saint is scum.
ITT, q21 claims tunnel vision.
Nothing wrong with tunnel vision when you're tunneling on scum.
WrathChild wrote:Roleblock:
Starts off with Saint, who Roleblocks DBE (Doctoring Parama), saint passes it to q21 who has NOT claimed a target for N2, but passed it to Implossion who blocked NC night 3 who died via purge with no abilities.

q21 needs to claim a target for N2
I targeted TMH himself night 2. I figured the scum might well get their scummiest player to make the kill rather than risk exposing a townier player to something like a tracker. It seems I was wrong.
WrathChild wrote:Purge:
The million dollar question. N1 chk was purged, N2 RC was purged, N3 NC was purged. No one was claimed the purge ability other than DGB, of course after he nailed scum. Now the interesting thing is if you read DGB's ISO #29-#36 it is pretty obvious who DGB wants dead. ISO #25 seems to be sidestepping the issue of passing. In his ISO #95 DGB claims to have had nothing N3, but I think it is pretty obvious he killed Nero. The missing nail in this coffin is if anyone sent him the purge ability after N1.

However, if DGB's ability is noncycling it makes the Vanilla/Ability numbers work out perfectly from Day 1.

I am pretty certain that DGB's ability is noncycling and he is a liar. Chances are he is SK.

BUT... If we want to eliminate the stump we need the NK from DGB... BUT... as long as the stump is in play DGB will continue to flaunt a free pass. I don't know the risk/reward ratio for leaving DGB alive.
Well done for arriving at the same conclusion as the rest of us, finally. But be careful, apparently this type point is scummy.

@IAI - Yes you spoke a lot day 3 despite the stump, but most of it was role and mechanics based a topic on which I am not in a position to add anything new. Well, not true actually, but what I could add is probably best left not said for the moment.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:09 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

my god, just checking in....will try to catch up this weekend, and will give one of those.."here is what I think as I go out the door" posts...most of it will be ignored(now), until you know that I am town (ie dead)...but could be useful none the less.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”