miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Post by Nexus »

KingTwelveSixteen wrote: (This spoiler contains me saying stuff about the wall-o-text, and has been spoilered for bigness.)
Spoiler:
WeaponsofMassConstruction wrote:...
neko2086 wrote:
I highly suspect ICEninja of causing the storm that has shut everything down. If my power goes out, I'm coming after you. (I shouldn't have to, but I better specify that this is a joke). Congrats on getting a job--that's not easy to do right now.

Seriously now, WMC is gathering quite a few votes rather quickly. I don't like this last post by over9000 so much. I mean, I know the ideas behind a WMC wagon have already been beaten to death, but I just generally dislike a ditto vote that contributes nothing. There's no question to WMC, and there's no attempt to explore any other avenues. WMC is certainly not the only potential scum suspect right now, and there's plenty of daylight left, so this just looks like coasting.

On the topic, I really do think, as bizarre as it is, that WMC was trying to lay some sort of trap. What else could his "you missed the point" post mean? (not a rhetorical question--this is really bothering me). I can't tell whether this is a scummy move or a poorly conceived, town-motivated one. I'm just as interested as Implosion to see an instance of this being at all effective.

Mongoose's 64 is rather terrible, and I agree with Implosion's assessment. What is really interesting about Mongoose's post is that he was rattled enough by this distancing accusation that he bothered to make a second joke vote to rectify the situation (which really shouldn't be perceived as a "situation" in the first place). Nervous scum?
1. Fluff
2. Stating the obvious

I could go on if you'd like. Your wishy-washyness stems not from staying neutral, but for stretching posting for both sides when you could just say you're neutral.
Tch, I don't like this. Give more than just a number and "stating the obvious."
KingTwelveSixteen wrote:Pfft, I read through the whole thing without looking at the last page and my biggest suspect was Neil

Thats just kinda lame.
Not feeling that town would say this.
KTS targeting over9000 earns him town points.
Eh, hows that work? Those two posts were basically the same post, I just hit the submit button to early.
Liking mb53 better in #112, less for the content, more for the sharper tone.
Sharp tone earns town points from you? :?
over9000 interactions with ICE and KTS are +town, though my reads are bound to switch.
...You mean me and ICE are town, not over, right?
After that you skip a couple of posts with content in them.
Hold on a sec...
DarthYoshi wrote:(On a general level, not directed at Mb53 in particular) I agree with the amount of pressure being put on _over9000, and will definitely consider joining the wagon if he doesn't come through with his promise to post content soon. In my experience, lurking + promising content without delivering = scum.
Did anything ever come of this? (Spoiler: No, not really.)
_over9000 wrote:I still believe that people are letting WoMC's "trap" off too easily, and all things considered I'm going to leave my vote where it is.
Reasons, etc
What reasons, and who should/has give/n them? It is unclear.
WeaponsofMassConstruction wrote:#132, KTS is tunneling.
Escuse me? What part of that post is tunneling?
WeaponsofMassConstruction wrote:Nameless and DarthYoshi are still looking town.
I feel like it should be noted that DarthYoshi agreed with all of the points I brought up in that post where I "tunneled" _over9000.
You skip a couple posts here...
Agree with implosion's #152, moving down in scumminess.
I'm sure it has nothing to do with him saying how you shouldn't be voted for in that post. (this post is also the one that seems to start the stuff that everyone is talking about with implosion right now)
Woahey, you skipped over DarthYoshi directly calling out to you to say some stuff about the "remains of his wagon"
#167 (Nameless on implosion with contradictions) I might agree with if it didn't go and mess up my current reads. Some flips will sort incompatibles out, though.
You do realize that you are basically saying that you are ignoring this post until somebody dies and proves you wrong, right? Yeah...
My reactions are consistent with KTS's. I can understand where he came from there.
:)

Oh, hey. I just realised that Yoshi only FOSed me, not voted for me. My mistake.
#177 (Nameless's rebuttal) not doing the same for me as #167.
Re-reading that part about WIFOM made my brow crinkle. implosion said that scum would attack over regardless of over's alignment but Nameless' rebuttal is a WIFOM about whether or not the mafia would enter into this whole WIFOM thing over attacking easy targets with town not voting for the obvious targets because of that, it just doesn't seem to have anything to do with the actual argument at hand except as this wierd side-thing.

Hm, and thats pretty much the end of it. Good to have you actually in the game WoMC. :)
Nexus wrote:
Mechanics:

- Confirm PM receipt in thread. Once I receive 10 confirms, the game will begin.
- Do not edit your posts at all.
- No impossible/hard to read text. No cryptography. Write in English, please.
- The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- Do not use spoiler tags. You have no need to do so. Doing so will invite a warning.

-When you die, I will permit one "bah" post. Other than that, you may not speak in the thread until after the game has finished.
- My rule is final. I also reserve the right to add, change or remove rules. I will, of course, let you know when I do.
- Finally, remember this is a game. So outright insults will not be tolerated. Play to your win condition, not to disrupt other players from enjoying the game.
Come on, KingTwelveSixteen, read the rules. Please.
Trans rights are human rights.
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

Whoops, sorry. : (
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:37 pm

Post by q21 »

KingTwelveSixteen wrote:
Zdenek wrote:
1216 wrote: I changed my votes like that because it looked like nameless had a pretty good case on implosion being scum, but then implosion gave a pretty good defense post and I realised that the only scum motivation I could think of for implosion's posts would be if _over9000 was scum. Also, I'm not gonna stay on implosion, who is actually defending himself, when _over9000 still apparently requires more pressure to do so. (Hintedy hint hint, Mr. over.)
First you say that the case looked good, which implies that you read it and understood it, so you think Implosion is scum. Then you move your vote because he defends himself, and because Implosion is only scum if 9000 is scum. This seems to me like a bad excuse to move your vote and like lining up lynches. Also, when you say that for Implosion to be scummy 9000 must be scum, are you just referring to the fact that Implosion on longer wants to push the 9000 wagon?
1. I did in fact read the case, yes. :igmeou: The specific defense that implosion gave I believe was, "Your quotes are out of context. Also, misrep." At the time of me voting I had not, in fact, looked back at where the quotes were. (actually I still havn't, I should go do that soon.)
2. "and like lining up lynches"? What?
3. I mean what I said, the only scum motivation (other than pretty bad play) that I can think of for him saying what he has about the people voting for _over9000 would be if over is also scum. If over was town he could have just waited till tommorow to say stuff about people on his wagon being scum and not risked himself at all.
4. What scum reasoning
would
implosion have for doing what he has did if over is town? 'Cause I can't think of any.
1. So you admit to blindly sheeping?
2. Agree with you here.
3 & 4: You seem to be assuming implosion is scum, am I reading that right?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:27 am

Post by Zdenek »

I'm accusing 1216 of lining up lynches because of the fact that if 9000 flips scum, he'll want to lynch Implosion tomorrow, but also, my impression is that he's assuming that Implosion is scum, so I'm guessing that he'll want to lynch Implosion tomorrow even if 9000 flipped town.

1216, if over9000 was lynched, and flipped town, would you want to still be suspicious of Implosion?

I will read the walls soon.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:38 am

Post by mongoose »

I have alot to read now, don't I?

Actually, 4 pages isnt bad. I'll get my thought on the game in tomorrow.
Go Hawkeyes!
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:53 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Mb53:
Whenever I have a gut read on someone,
I have trouble finding any evidence against them, and other people's evidence just seems doubtful in my mind
. Like I said, my gut reads in the last game I was in was wrong, so I'm not going to try and stop the lynch.
Emphasis mine. Gut reads are one thing, but this just sounds like an attempt to excuse away any potential tunnel vision in advance.

From WoMC's wall:
#167...I might agree with if it didn't go and mess up my current reads.
Could you elaborate? This also sounds like tunnel vision. You state agreement with Implosion's #152 and #170 without really saying much of why.

Re: KTS's wall:
Did anything ever come of this? (Spoiler: No, not really.)
I gave my reasons for voting Implosion instead of _over9000 or Mongoose in #162. Here's the relevant sentence:
Me:
I still don’t like Mongoose’s activity (or _over9000’s, for that matter), but with this post + the scumscale + the RVS posturing, I think Implosion has done way more at this point in being actively scummy.
I feel like it should be noted that DarthYoshi agreed with all of the points I brought up in that post where I "tunneled" _over9000.
This is kind of a misrep--I agreed with your third point, that _over9000 had barely posted any content at all.
Woahey, you skipped over DarthYoshi directly calling out to you to say some stuff about the "remains of his wagon"
I was seeing reads happening on the players on his wagon throughout the wall, so I didn't have a "woahey" reaction to him missing my request specifically in his post. Though now that I think about it, I would like to hear why WoMC saw Mb53's #179 as impressive, as he listed Mb just a little higher up as a player he was looking at.

Also, my suspicion of Silavor is slowly picking up--his ISO shows that he has been posting very minimal amounts of content since other players have been putting pressure on him, which seems like selectively defending oneself. I'd also like to hear why his vote remains on WoMC--the other 2/3s of the bandwagon are players who are MIA at the moment, so this vote feels outdated (oh, apparently Mongoose is back now).
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:30 am

q21 wrote:
KingTwelveSixteen wrote:
Zdenek wrote:
1216 wrote: I changed my votes like that because it looked like nameless had a pretty good case on implosion being scum, but then implosion gave a pretty good defense post and I realised that the only scum motivation I could think of for implosion's posts would be if _over9000 was scum. Also, I'm not gonna stay on implosion, who is actually defending himself, when _over9000 still apparently requires more pressure to do so. (Hintedy hint hint, Mr. over.)
First you say that the case looked good, which implies that you read it and understood it, so you think Implosion is scum. Then you move your vote because he defends himself, and because Implosion is only scum if 9000 is scum. This seems to me like a bad excuse to move your vote and like lining up lynches. Also, when you say that for Implosion to be scummy 9000 must be scum, are you just referring to the fact that Implosion on longer wants to push the 9000 wagon?
1. I did in fact read the case, yes. :igmeou: The specific defense that implosion gave I believe was, "Your quotes are out of context. Also, misrep." At the time of me voting I had not, in fact, looked back at where the quotes were. (actually I still havn't, I should go do that soon.)
3. I mean what I said, the only scum motivation (other than pretty bad play) that I can think of for him saying what he has about the people voting for _over9000 would be if over is also scum. If over was town he could have just waited till tommorow to say stuff about people on his wagon being scum and not risked himself at all.
4. What scum reasoning
would
implosion have for doing what he has did if over is town? 'Cause I can't think of any.
2. Agree with you here.
Zdenek wrote:I'm accusing 1216 of lining up lynches because of the fact that if 9000 flips scum, he'll want to lynch Implosion tomorrow, but also, my impression is that he's assuming that Implosion is scum, so I'm guessing that he'll want to lynch Implosion tomorrow even if 9000 flipped town.

1216, if over9000 was lynched, and flipped town, would you want to still be suspicious of Implosion?

I will read the walls soon.
Huh? The whole argument thing we were getting into was potential scum motivations for the stuff implosion did with the _over9000 wagon. If I didn't "assume he was scum" when discussing scum motivations how would I be able to say
anything
about the subject.
@Zdenek: He wouldn't be instantly cleared of all suspicion, but my suspicions would probably be lowered a little. Also the "and like lining up lynches" was put there because you phrased that in a way that was incredibly confusing.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:01 am

Post by q21 »

So King was blindly sheeping followed by jumping off that sheep vote (which was on implosion, who he still thinks scummy) onto someone else who, it seems, his suspicion is largely based on implosion being scum. This is coming across as scummy. He's using a relationship based argument when neither member of that relationship has flipped scum yet... it seems more like he's trying to excuse his jump onto the leading wagon of the day. We can lynch silavor later when we maybe have some evidence of multiple scum teams (which would make his slip rather damning) or not (which would make his excuse rather more believable). For now we should lynch King.

Unvote, Vote King
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:19 am

q21 wrote:So King was blindly sheeping followed by jumping off that sheep vote (which was on implosion, who he still thinks scummy) onto someone else who, it seems, his suspicion is largely based on implosion being scum. This is coming across as scummy. He's using a relationship based argument when neither member of that relationship has flipped scum yet... it seems more like he's trying to excuse his jump onto the leading wagon of the day. We can lynch silavor later when we maybe have some evidence of multiple scum teams (which would make his slip rather damning) or not (which would make his excuse rather more believable). For now we should lynch King.

Unvote, Vote King
Escuse me?! I was on the over wagon before I voted implosion! Then I realised that my vote wasn't the best one and changed back to over! Absolutely none of my reasoning for voting over in the first place, OR the second place was caused by implosion! In fact it is the other way around, with most scumyness from IMPLOSION being if OVER is scum! Which is why I changed back to over, since if he is town I don't think implosion would be scummy enough to lynch!

I call misrep. :mad:
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:08 am

Post by q21 »

If that's what you've meant all along then your posting hasn't come across that way. The town can go back and read you in context, for themselves and decide.

mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:45 am

Post by mb53 »

Emphasis mine. Gut reads are one thing, but this just sounds like an attempt to excuse away any potential tunnel vision in advance.
I try very hard not to tunnel. Just because that little stop in the back of my mind/stomach keeps telling me he is town, doesn't mean I won't be watching him. Or watching everyone for that matter.

Whats with q21 trying to control town? >_>
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Mod and all, I am going to be V/LA until Monday. It is not clear just how limited my access will be at the moment, but there is a pretty good chance that I won't be able to post until then.

On that note:
Unvote
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by silavor »

DarthYoshi wrote: Also, my suspicion of Silavor is slowly picking up--his ISO shows that he has been posting very minimal amounts of content since other players have been putting pressure on him, which seems like selectively defending oneself. I'd also like to hear why his vote remains on WoMC--the other 2/3s of the bandwagon are players who are MIA at the moment, so this vote feels outdated (oh, apparently Mongoose is back now).
My vote's still on WoMC because I still find him scummier than Implosion, _over9000, or anyone else at this point. But since he's been silent for a few days, I haven't had a whole lot of new evidence to pick over, and since no one else has asked me anything, I haven't had a whole lot to say.

WeaponsofMassConstruction wrote:
#99, wall by silavor

So you decide to equate your post with mine and decide to ignore:
-context difference
-tone difference
-that immediate given reaction should tell you something
-the logic behind hoppers being scum (also though I haven't posted it yet, I did not base my read solely on the fact that ICE decided to cast suspicion on it but also
how
he went about it; it's like how bandwagoning itself on town player X does not make one scum, but the way they do it)
Yeah, no, +scum points.
Context: They're both RVS votes with obvious contradictions in them.
Tone: They're both sarcastic, and meant to be taken humorously.
Immediate reaction: We both got votes on us for our initial posts.
Not sure what you mean by logic. To be honest, I'm not sure what you mean by any of the things you pointed out. If you want me to take you seriously, actually explain what you mean. Don't just give a half-baked answer and expect us to fill in the gaps.
WeaponsofMassConstruction wrote: Second paragraph makes sense, though I don't know why silavor did not bring this up first and how ICE is defending silavor while barely defending anyone else, IIRC, and so I like an ICE/silavor team.
Another example of what I was talking about a moment ago. What is it exactly that I failed to bring up?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Silavor:
My vote's still on WoMC because I still find him scummier than Implosion, _over9000, or anyone else at this point. But since he's been silent for a few days, I haven't had a whole lot of new evidence to pick over, and since no one else has asked me anything, I haven't had a whole lot to say.
Really? No need to scumhunt on any secondary suspects? Or to scumhunt at all? Maybe you haven't been "asked" particular things, but being quiet as more players express suspicion about you isn't helping your image in my book.
Escuse me?! I was on the over wagon before I voted implosion! Then I realised that my vote wasn't the best one and changed back to over! Absolutely none of my reasoning for voting over in the first place, OR the second place was caused by implosion! In fact it is the other way around, with most scumyness from IMPLOSION being if OVER is scum! Which is why I changed back to over, since if he is town I don't think implosion would be scummy enough to lynch!

I call misrep.
Holy over-defensiveness, Batman (I'm probably going to run that meme into the ground in a big damn hurry).
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:18 pm

q21 wrote:If that's what you've meant all along then your posting hasn't come across that way. The town can go back and read you in context, for themselves and decide.
Why don't YOU do that, then come back and say something that actually responds to my response, instead of just saying "Everyone can make up their minds on their own"? I bet its because you are completly ignoring that I pushed _over9000 pretty much straight from the start as anyone who looks at my ISO will know. (Posts 2#, 4#, and 6# all push _over9000, to be specific.)

That pretty much completely counters this point in your acusation.
q21 wrote:...
his suspicion
[of over]
is largely based on implosion being scum. This is coming across as scummy. He's using a relationship based argument when neither member of that relationship has flipped scum yet... it seems more like he's trying to excuse his jump onto the leading wagon of the day.
Oh hey, I gots another question for you:
q21 wrote:
KingTwelveSixteen wrote:
Zdenek wrote:
4. What scum reasoning
would
2. Agree with you here.

What are you agreeing with me here about? :neutral:
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by implosion »

DarthYoshi wrote:I believe _over9000 was at L-4 (and he has since garnered two more votes) when Implosion made the fuss about that bandwagon. WoMC was a vote higher, and Implosion at that point was encouraging a different bandwagon that was earlier in the day, when we had less to go on. So, my question is—given that scum are likely to hop onto a (or any) bandwagon of an ‘easy target,’ why were you casting suspicion on one bandwagon when you explicitly encouraged the other?
The fact that _over9000 had not contributed anything significant whereas WoMC had said things that could be interpreted either way made _over9000 an easier target IMO. If you attack WoMC in that situation, you have to justify what he said as scummy whereas attacking _over9000 you just have to explain how he hasn't said anything.
neko wrote:So, implosion finds WMC to be less scummy and therefore less of an easy target. So that makes his wagon less scummy? There is a major disconnect in logic here it seems. Implosion, can you clarify how WMC's wagon isn't just as suspect if not more so than over's?
See above.
ICEninja wrote:
implosion wrote: Where did I say that I thought it was more likely town with scum on the wagon? IIRC, the only statement I've made about 9000's alignment is that he does appear scummy.
I'd say your current vote indicates that you believe over9000 is more likely town than scum. Why do you believe this? If I am wrong, please explicitly state how you feel. As I said, how you answer this is critical to where my vote goes. I will explain my reasoning and thought process after you respond.
implosion wrote: No. In fact, I agree that he is scummy, and I'm sure that there is town on his wagon (theoretically it could be all scum, but doubtful). I just think that given the situation, context, and what _over9000 has said so far, that his wagon is likely to contain scum.
Once again, here you state that you find him scummy, but insist that there
must
(in this post you say "is likely" to) be scum on his wagon and vote for them.
The only thing that my current vote indicates is that my largest scum read is mongoose. I believe there to be scum on the _over9000 wagon - however, there are several people on the wagon and I find mongoose overall the scummiest of everyone. I find _over9000 scummy, but I have no strong read on his alignment at the moment.

WoMC wallpost looks okay, but I only skimmed over it right now. KTS doesn't read that scummy to me, but I may need to look more in-depth at his posts. Still waiting on mongoose >.>
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by Nameless »

WeaponsofMassConstruction's wall of text focuses FAR too much on scumteams for D1. As town, this a crapshoot and actually damaging when you then start ignoring individual tells. As scum, this is a possible method to set up future mislynches and protect scumbuddies. Combine this with a LOT of short, unjustified declarations and we have ourselves a really bad post. KingTwelveSixteen already pointed out some specifics, so I'll be looking out for explanations in WoMC's next reply to tell whether the wall was scummy or just rushed.

Re. WoMC's question: Your trap was a good page 1 post, but it makes for a weaksauce page 8 argument. The logic is flawed because there was little else for town or scum to add. Move on.

Re. KTS's question: Implosion could be setting up a mislynch NOW so that it has greater credibility later, plus nets him townie points for slowing what he can convince others is a bad wagon.

q21's last attack on KTS is
awful
. Asking a hypothetical question does not mean you assume it to be the case. And accusing KTS of making relationship-based arguments right after WoMC's wall of fail screams of tunneling. KTS's reaction post is quite frankly justified, and q21's following refusal to justify the argument himself is utterly unconvincing. After this + ignoring my #185 I'm ranking q21 equal first on my scumlist.

Oh, and I just want to add that implosion's justification for attacking only _over9000's wagon is actually really good. Of course it's just as valid for a scum player as a town one - ie. if those on WoMC's wagon have more possible reasons for joining, then it's harder for scum to set them up as opportunistic - but still. :)
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

The fact that _over9000 had not contributed anything significant whereas WoMC had said things that could be interpreted either way made _over9000 an easier target IMO. If you attack WoMC in that situation, you have to justify what he said as scummy whereas attacking _over9000 you just have to explain how he hasn't said anything.
To some extent yes, especially later in a game, but at such an early point in the game, with so little to go on, justifying seeing scumtells is going to overlap with sheeping because there isn’t enough material yet to go off of, so it would be pretty easy in either circumstance, I would think.

Q21’s case on KTS doesn’t look nearly as bad as his non-response to KTS in #209.

Nameless—why is Implosion’s reason really good if it is also as valid for scum as for town?

Still waiting on Mongoose as well…
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by Nameless »

DarthYoshi wrote:why is Implosion’s reason really good if it is also as valid for scum as for town?
It was clever and I hadn't thought of it. :P More of a personal compliment than game argument. (You know, compared to mongoose's enthusiasm ...)

P.S. One new post in nearly 24 hours makes me sad.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by mb53 »

Game seems to have come to a stop until 9000 gets replaced/mongoose posts.
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:58 pm

I'm waiting for q21 to respond to my latest post...
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by Nexus »

Votecount the Eighth:

_over9000 (4): mb53, ICEninja, neko2086, KingTwelveSixteen
WeaponsofMassConstruction (3): silavor, _over9000, mongoose
implosion (2): Darth Yoshi, nameless
KingTwelveSixteen (1): q21
ICEninja (1): WeaponsofMassConstruction
mongoose (1): implosion

Not Voting: Zdenek

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is 22nd February at 12pm GMT.

As ever, if there are any problems, post in thread or PM me.

_over9000 is being replaced, unless he responds to the prod before I find a replacement.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:39 pm

Post by Nexus »

Saint replaces _over9000.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:41 pm

Post by Saint »

_over9000 wrote:VOTE: Weapons for being the first to unvote. that sort of shiftiness is going to get the town nowhere.
RVS vote. What's scummy about that? Nothing.
_over9000 wrote:Based on everything that's happened, I'm now happy with my RVS vote against WoMC and am choosing to leave it there as a not-random vote.
OK, so the guy has a couple of weird voting habits... You'll not have that with me. I like to swing my vote around at best, and at worst I am at least FoSing a lot. I don't believe this post is indicative of alignment. The fact people are bandwagonning the slow I am replacing is hunky-dory, but I am keen as to over9000 having been innocent. If you all will just give me a chance to contribute, I won't be having to make excuses. Thanks.
_over9000 wrote:I am incredibly sorry to those who are upset at my lack of activity, I've been really busy these past couple of days and I haven't had time to comment on anything. However, the truth is that the things I said I agreed with were pretty much all I had to say at the time. I promise that I will have much more content tomorrow.
I am normally suspicious of these kinds of things; I hate when people flake out of games, so I am biased towards feeling like it is a scummy tendency. Sometimes it is, but in this scenario I can assure you that this was not the case.
_over9000 wrote:I still believe that people are letting WoMC's "trap" off too easily, and all things considered I'm going to leave my vote where it is.

Mongoose, you made a random vote and included /end rvs in post 64. If Weapons voting for ICE is considered non-random, the RVS was approaching its end from post 20. Thats page 1. I really don't like for a bit that you decided to throw in a final random vote when the RVS had been long over on all counts. Especially when there was already some heat on you.

q21 post 127, I find it scummy when someone commands that people vote for someone else. And I'd really like you to go into more detail on how you quoted silavor and voted Nameless.

The fact is that this is pretty much all I have to add, though I'm sure that won't be enough for some people.
over's iso #5 is actually a fairly good post, and is full of scumhunting. Is there really a problem with this slot, other than inactivity? Because I am pretty sure that you all are just seeking a senseless mislynch. We need to come together, and scumhunt. I will definitely be putting a lot of pressure on people to keep a lot of activity which will force the scum to slip. You have my promise on that.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:53 pm

Post by Saint »

DarthYoshi wrote:Dishing out a couple of RQS questions--

What time zone are you in?

Do you prefer RQS or RVS? Why?

How much mafia experience do you have?

To answer my own questions--I'm on PST time (GMT -8), and I like having both RQS and RVS, since there are pro's to both and there is no reason not to do both. This is my second game at MafiaScum; I used to play Mafia some off-site (3-4 games, plus modded a game), but that was a few years ago.

And,
Vote: Mongoose.
Because nobody knows what the plural version of your name is.
This is good to see your town meta. Hi darth!
I also like your pressure of mongoose. Guy seriously lurks as scum!

I like the RVS more, although I tried the RQS recently. I don't believe I'm gonna do that again!
implosion wrote:
mongoose wrote: VOTE: mb53 for having the lowest number out of any of the players in his name.
Unvote, vote: mongoose
for distancing from q21.

I officially declare RVS over btw.
ICEninja wrote:I'd like to add this question:
About how much posting can we expect from you?
I post every day when I can and have the energy to. I'm often v/la on Saturdays and sometimes Fridays.
ICEninja wrote:Implosion, you seem very interested in getting this game going. You began only 17 minutes after the 10th person confirmed, and jumped right in before the mod officially opened the game. You also made a second post, again only minutes after someone else initiated a post here. Are you normally this prompt with a new game?
Not really, I just happened to be on and noticed that enough people had confirmed.
You can't just declare the RVS over with a 3 line post, implosion...
I'll tell you where I consider the RVS to be over, though, as it is not here.
ICEninja wrote:
WeaponsOfRediculouslyLongNames wrote: No shit. IIoA, as they call it?
That's quite the response to such a small poke. You definitely don't seem to like attention early.

Also, it wasn't IIoA. I said it was a strange thing. Not inherently scummy (or I would have said scummy), but strange, and thus you've caught my attention for it. There wasn't much more analysis than what I presented that could have been made based on the information we had at the time of my posting.

Additionally, accusations of IIoA this early in the game are terrible, as we currently have
no
information, and gaining information is the most valuable commodity town has early in the game. Therefore that declaring information without analysis is bad at this point of the game (and actually vote worthy) would suggest you are playing to an anti-town mindset at best, and possibly even with scum motivation.

I'm glad others are noting that this is suspicious.
Vote WeaponsOfMassConstruction

And hello again mb. I'm looking forward to see how you've improved since your newbie games.
Here is where it moves out of RVS
neko2086 wrote:EST; RVS for no particular reason; and I am returning after a year-long absence, but was on the site over a year before that.

vote: implosion
for making silly declarations and drawing inane connections on page one. This game is probably moving out of RVS rather quickly but dammit I haven't even posted yet!
and neko knows it. It saddens him. lol.
this is cute.
I kind of miss the RVS right now... too bad it's insanely anti-town with decent scum.
Nameless wrote:
neko2086 wrote:
vote: implosion
for making silly declarations and drawing inane connections on page one.
Not sure if serious.
I didn't read it as serious. I read it as more sulking that the RVS is dead a post previous.

Neil, in his post, completely understands the death of the RVS
silavor wrote:oh wow you guys are active.
Anyway, CST, and I don't really like either RVS or RQS, but they're necessary evils. Played two games here, and another off-site. I post when I feel it's needed, but I check the site multiple times a day.

Vote:Weapon

for being jumpy, defensive, using IIoA as a scumtell on page
, and because it's still RVS.
I actually disagree. The RVS died a bit earlier on the page... but you probably know that, as you gave 3 justifiable reasons for your vote.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”