Newbie 1052 - Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by Neuky »

@Mute
Thank you for unvoting - what was that all about?
Well - I'd advise leaving the old information superhighway alone until later tomorrow if you're going to be blitzed tonight. :P
Just to clarify, the fact I said you were calm was a positive thing - I'm not sure what to make of your comment, but I was saying that at least you weren't "going off on one" as Stels did when he got to L-1.

I'd like to hear from our
Mod
about the veridis situation though, and also Ty.

Also, can someone check this? - ignoring any doc setup - ie worst case scenario - there's 7 of us left - that means we have 1 chance (if we fail leaves - 5), a 2nd chance (leaves 3 if we fail), then LYLO yes? - so 3 chances?
Played 2 - won as town 0 - lost as town 2 - won as scum 0 - lost as scum 0 - Yep, I'm doing that well...
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by theplague42 »

Mute wrote:
Unvote

Yay driving.
Errands are done, but I'm going out drinking with some friends tonight, some broohaha about a party or some such, iuno. I was invited so why not.

Vote was a test, yielded no results sadly, but speculations came to mind whilst I was out
A "test?" Putting yourself at L-1 is a "test?" Pray tell what you expected to gain from that.
Part of the problem.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Workdawg »

Honestly, I was considering inviting you just to see if you came back with any decent answers to my straight forward questions. I guess I'm actually surprised for some reason that you didn't, again.

I'm going to toss this out quick,
what do you mean by waxy?

Other than that, you've managed to, once again not provide me with any useful information.

I'll write more when I get home in an hour or so, but WTF.

@drench: we seriously need some info on Ty and veridis. It's been a week and two weeks, respectvely, since either posted.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Workdawg »

Okay, I've had some more time to properly read Mute's response and digest it, here are my thoughts:

1. He "answers" two of the 4 questions, unless we assume he had no other reasons for hammering Stels, but even then, his answers are woefully insufficient.
1a.
Before hammering Stels, why were you so set on lynching a lurker?
No answer
1b.
Do you have any other reasons for voting for Stels besides what you've already posted?
No answer.
1c.
Why didn't you lay out your evidence and try to encourage the town to lynch him?
His information would hurt the town.
1d.
What is your evidence against TP42 for being your top scum target?
No answer, unless you count his "vibe" about the "waxiness" of TP42s posts.

I won't really go into much detail about his non-answers, because I've already laid out my thoughts on that. The rest of his post though... hmm.

About putting himself at L-1 as a test

He was at L-1 for about 12 hours this morning. (posts 406-414) So what could he prove by doing that? Is it a ploy to try and get sympathy from us? Certainly a town player wouldn't do that, because then he's just letting his team down. As the sole surviving scum though, it's either a way to end the game quicker so he can start a new one, or a gambit to try and look innocent.

About his information hurting the town

It's been the generally accepted theory that information helps the town. I honestly cannot think of a single instance in which a piece of information would hurt the town so much, a town player would keep it to themselves rather than give it up... and that's the circumstance we are dealing with. Mute would rather be lynched than give up whatever secret he is holding. I can see the argument of keeping his suspicions close to his chest and not revealing them; if he weren't a suspect... but he is. He was at L-1 twice now, and he would rather get lynched and take his secret to the grave? What possible reason is there for that? So he can come back after the game is over and say "I knew it, but you lynched me!" ? I seriously think this is just a cover for not having any good answers to our questions.

I particularly like this post.
Mute wrote:Seriously, though, it doesn't bother me. People wanna lynch me, their choice. If they feel it's right then I can do but give what I've got and hope people listen to it, whether I'm alive or dead.
The problem is, you AREN'T giving what you've got. You're keeping it all a secret for some reason.

Let's try this again...

Before hammering Stels, why were you so set on lynching a lurker?
Do you have any other reasons for voting for Stels besides what you've already posted?
Why didn't you lay out your evidence and try to encourage the town to lynch him?
What is your evidence against TP42 for being your top scum target? / What does "waxy" mean in reference to his posts?

and a new one:

Can you provide me with an example of a time when a town player would take a piece of information to the grave with them, and it would benefit the town?
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by Workdawg »

EBWOP:
@Mute
If you started simply answering questions and fessing up, it would actually win a lot of points with me. At this point, we have plenty of time to discuss a new target and build a case for a lynch against them. The problem I have is that every single post you make just makes you look more scummy to me, and I cannot ignore that.
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by Mute »

welp... that was a colossal failure. talk about a sausage fest...

Workdawg wrote:EBWOP:
@Mute
If you started simply answering questions and fessing up, it would actually win a lot of points with me. At this point, we have plenty of time to discuss a new target and build a case for a lynch against them. The problem I have is that every single post you make just makes you look more scummy to me, and I cannot ignore that.
Dawg, recognize that the times I have answered you you were hardly ever satisfied with my answers. This is a bit put-offish from my POV. Why should I answer a question posed by you if I know you won't like it and criticize it, why would I willingly bring myself into another argument with you?

Regarding my putting myself into L-1: Was hoping to draw out scum to quick-hammer me, or at the very least have something more to go on that just you, sundy, plague, and neuky respond to it. =|

Going to go back and re-read with a new mindset, and hunting tools so to speak.
And for the last time
no dawg, it is not a matter of will not it is a matter of can not explain why I got a waxy feeling from plague. Have you ever even heard that term used before? Neither have I. This is the fitting term I feel for what vibe I get from plague.
:dead:
-Hard to see big picture behind pile of corpses-
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by Workdawg »

I will concede that maybe my previous questions weren't clear enough, but I have now presented them in a way, I feel, is as clear ad possible. I would be happy to further clarify them if need be.

Maybe others can comment on your answers to my questioning, but for the last few posts, I don't really see any answers.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Workdawg »

As for the last chunk there that's bold, if all you've got is the "waxy feeling" then that's fine. I don't know what that means, so I was trying to understand. I was hoping you could just tell me what it means.
Ty
Ty
Townie
Ty
Townie
Townie

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:00 pm

Post by Ty »

Alright seriously. It's been a day since Day 2 began, just because I'm not a crackmonkey that has the opportunity to post every hour does NOT mean I have fallen off the face of the Earth.

I'm not liking the Mute wagon or the self-vote browsing through what's happened so far today. I'll post my thoughts on that as well as post-day 1 thoughts tomorrow afternoon.
Is it just me, or is it getting hot in here?
Neuky
Neuky
Goon
Neuky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:27 am

Post by Neuky »

Welcome back Ty, now all we need is veridis or a replacement?

I think Dawg uses an unusual turn of phrase in these posts: Post 370
Workdawg wrote:
@Ty

I've been reading through the thread and ISOs slowly looking for a better target, but I'm having a hard time picking out anyone worthy of voting for.
and more recently post 429
Workdawg wrote:EBWOP:
@Mute
At this point, we have plenty of time to discuss a new target and build a case for a lynch against them. The problem I have is that every single post you make just makes you look more scummy to me, and I cannot ignore that.

Turn of phrase aside, the main point is that he states there is plenty of time to "discuss a new target", but this contradicts him keeping Mute at L-1 even when he noticed it. Post 410
Workdawg wrote:Woah, I suppose it is 4 votes to lynch... and by my count, Sundy, Me and you = 3... so L-1 indeed.
That doesn't sound like someone who feels we should be unrushed.

and @Mute - I don't quite know what to make of your day 2 behaviour, you seem less logical. I would like to hear how the self imposed L-1 was supposed to help us, and also get your up to date opinions on Dawg and TP42 though.. I'm not asking for walls, just an update on their recent behaviour and what you make of it.
Played 2 - won as town 0 - lost as town 2 - won as scum 0 - lost as scum 0 - Yep, I'm doing that well...
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:29 am

Post by Drench »

Sigh. It's been two days since the start of Day 2. I'm just going to go ahead and replace veridis now.

votecount goes here
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:34 am

Post by Drench »

The Thirteenth Vote Count - Start With A Bangtheplague42
Neuky
Mute - 2 - Workdawg, theplague42,
Workdawg - 1 - Neuky
Sundy
veridis
Ty

No Lynch

Not Voting - 4 -veridis, Ty, Sundy, Mute

With seven alive, it's four to lynch!

Day Two's deadline expires on the 2nd of March at 10:46pm AEDST (GMT+11).
join your union
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:30 am

Post by Workdawg »

@Ty
Sorry, you're right... I forgot about the 4 day night we had. I was just looking at the time stamps on your last post and noticed it had been a long time.

@Neuky
The posts since #370 have been almost exclusively Mute, TP42, Sundy, you and me. Oh those picks, Mute is the only one who really looks Scummy at all to me. I don't discount the fact that one of the people who hasn't been as active could be scum. I do have a problem looking past Mute's posts though. Like I mentioned before, every time he posts he fails to supply sufficient answer my questions and he does other things that just make him look more scummy to me. I would be willing to consider another potential scum target, but no one else has provided any information to do that either. Mute is the only one to propose anyone else is scum, and his only reason is TP42's posts give him a "waxy" vibe. If you have another potential suspect, then let's hear it.

As for Mute being at L-1, I didn't put him there, but I wouldn't be too concerned if we lynched him. As you pointed out, we can mislynch 2 times before we get to lynch or lose. Do I want that to be the scenario? No. But if he got lynched, then we at least get some more information. I have a strong feeling that the game would be over though.

So, I guess to reply to your point. I don't have a problem either way. Obviously I'd rather not lose all the time we would if he got lynched, but we are just spinning our tires here. It's probably my fault for focusing so much on Mute, but no one else is proposing anything with any real substance either.

@Mute
I'm sorry if you feel like it's personal or something like that. I assure you it's not... but I don't understand why you continue to not answer the questions, even when I lay them out as simply as I can. The ones where you provide the answer, the answer seems very scummy to me. I want town to win, and until you dispute all issues I propose, I will continue to think you are scum.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:00 am

Post by Workdawg »

FWIW, I'm going back again looking for some specific things to see if there's another person or two that look suspicious. I'll post up later today with the results.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Workdawg »

Mother F'er. I hit backspace but wasn't on the textbox apparently so my browser went back. Why won't IE keep textbox content if you mess things up like that! Now I gotta type this again :/

======

In an attempt to give Mute the benefit of a doubt, I've gone through TP42's ISO completely, a couple times. I've also looked at Sundy's slot, and veridis. Here are my thoughts/reads.

veridis

Seems to do good analysis of everyone... makes it look like he's actually read the thread (too bad he's disappeared). Tries to swing focus back onto Ty WAY after the fact. His analysis of Ty is thorough though and I think it's a reasonable move to Vote him at that point. He provides another type of scumhunting, but it turns out to be pointless because he's gone now. I get a town-vibe because of his good analysis in that one post, but nothing concrete because there's been so few posts out of this slot.

---

Angry Scientist/asano234/Sundy

Angry Scientist
- He spreads his scumhunting out pretty evenly, sorta looks like nacho a bit with the little comments to most players. Initially suspicious of TP42 for referring to his previous game to attempt to justify his moves and for trying to blame his moves on newbieness but AS isn't buying it. It's quite unfortunate that he drops out right after the failhammer and never gets a chance to chime in on it.

asano234
- Just a WTF from him. It just gives huge newbie tells to me. 90% of his posts were fluff, so yeah.

Sundy
- I've already commented on him in my other posts. I get a pretty strong town vibe from him, and right now he's providing a much needed SE voice. He's questioning everyone and just generally seems like a good player.

That said... I get an overall town vibe from this slot as well.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Workdawg »

Now, on to TP42...

Vote analysis

ISO 01. RVS Ty - null
ISO 03. Votes Mute (L-2) for switching his vote to TP42 during RVS and for table related reasons. (Later in ISO 22 he claims his vote here is because Angry Scientist essentially told him not to worry about OMGUS)
ISO 06. Votes Workdawg(L-3) for the failhammer incident (TM)
ISO 18. Votes Mute (L-4) for "being swayed by other's logic" (Again in ISO 22 he claims he's back to Mute because he didn't think I was scum anymore, then throws some table suspicions on for good measure. He also discusses the numbers Mute provided in the table and how they seem suspicious)
ISO 38. Votes Workdawg (L-1) because he doesn't beleive my justification for the failhammer vote and he believes in the Stels/Dawg scumteam. He also mentions that he still thinks Mute is scum, but would rather see me lynched to avoid further quickhammers.
ISO 43. Unvotes after I post up my character profiles. He mentions holding off on voting back to Mute to not "quick-change" vote again like he has in the past. At this point, he also proposes Mute as a target for a deadline lynch if it comes down to it (2 weeks left at this point).
ISO 48. Votes Ty (L-3) he hops on veridis' idea of mixing it up a little bit and he's getting tired of Mute and I.
ISO 51. Votes Stels (L-2) because Ty's exit post looks town and Stels is his number two suspect. He claims he was mainly concerned with Mute because of the war Mute and I were having at the time, and since we dropped it, he didn't think Mute was as suspicious anymore. He also mentions the Stels/Dawg team here as throwing some potential scuminess on Stels. (This is right in the middle of the Stels warning/advice thing)
ISO 59. Votes Workdawg (L-3) immediately at the start of D2 because of the Scumteam suspicions. Note, he also FOS Mute here for potential bussing.
ISO 60. Votes Mute (L-1) after my giant case against Mute. He pretty much agrees with my argument against Mute and picks on his own things that mute posted in defense of my post.

----
I'm not sure there is really anything in here. He flips back and forth between Mute and I most of the game. He gets on Stels wagon along with everyone else, but he was in the argument about that just as much, so I wouldn't say he was just following with the group on that one.

I guess there are really only 2 votes in there that pique my interest.
1). ISO 38 when he puts me at L-1. His reason for doing so is pretty weak, especially for going to L-1 on someone with so much time left to deadline (2.5 weeks-ish).
2). ISO 43 when he Unvotes. His reason for doing so is just, but why is he all the sudden concerned about flipping back and forth? Did he just realize that it looks suspicious to do so? Also, at this point he proposes that Mute would make a good target for a lynch if we come down to the deadline. We have around 2 weeks left at this point and already he's looking that far ahead? Curious.

Aside from flopping back and forth between Mute and I based on how the debate is going, his votes just don't really seem suspicious to me. I don't really even consider that suspcious. If we are his top two targets, then it only makes sense to me that he would swing back and forth depending on who he feels is winning the debate.

His posts in general

During my ISO, I noticed that he seems to agree with my logic a lot. I can't say I blame him, because it's my logic so of course I believe it, lol... but he rarely questions it. He does provide his own thoughts too though, so it's not like he's usually just saying "You are right Workdawg" the entire time.

Honestly, the only thing I find really suspicious out of all of his posts is in ISO 20 where he says
TP42 in #103 wrote: If you feel the need, put out a request to the possible cop to investigate him. The cop may or may not listen, but it's better than accusing him of being scum when most of your argument fell through the floorboards.

That could MAYBE be interpretted as rolefishing. I don't really see it that way. I'm more inclined to see it as an attempt to bait Mute into rolefishing. I suppose that's a little bit scummy in-and-of itself, but one little thing isn't enough to sway me.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Workdawg »

Damn it, I knew hitting backspace I'd forget to include something when I rewrote it all...

There is one other thing I find a little bit suspicious about TP42. He IMMEDIATELY writes off Nacho's NK as scum targetting him for being IC. When I was rereading the thread, I noticed that Nacho had taken quite the interest in TP42 right at the end of D1. By my count, during that period Nacho quoted 24 comments various people made , and 11 of them were TP42's posts. Not all of them are questions, and not all of them seemed to indicate any kind of scum hunting. Just an interesting though that if TP42 is scum, he would seem to have a reason to off Nacho. playing it off as "IC killing" is convenient, though I think that's probably all it was.

FWIW, Nacho seemed to be a lot more suspicious of Neuky at the end of D1 than anyone else. To follow the same pattern as TP42 from above, 8/24 statements he made were to Neuky, and he seemed to be a bit more agressive with them.
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by Drench »

sordros replaces veridis. Thank you, sordros!
join your union
sordros
sordros
Goon
sordros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by sordros »

Greetings fellow citizens! Let me catch up on the latest happenings.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by Workdawg »

Welcome! There is much catching up to do! I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by Stels »

Bah!!!! Not giving me enough time to at least post something before my lynch ;_;

Please remember that 'bah' posts may contain a maximum of fifty Fs and fifty Us only!
Last edited by Drench on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by theplague42 »

Sorry been busy today. I wrote out a post earlier and clicked submit, but it never showed up in the thread, even though it said "your post has been submitted." I'll post it again tomorrow, as it's 11:50 here.
Part of the problem.
sordros
sordros
Goon
sordros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:16 pm

Post by sordros »

Workdawg wrote:Welcome! There is much catching up to do! I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts.
Yes indeed! I have skimmed through most of it, but will need to re-read to have a better informed opinion.

I must say upfront that I don't like self-votes like the one Mute just pulled out. It is seldom productive and always confusing.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:22 am

Post by theplague42 »

Workdawg wrote:Damn it, I knew hitting backspace I'd forget to include something when I rewrote it all...

There is one other thing I find a little bit suspicious about TP42. He IMMEDIATELY writes off Nacho's NK as scum targetting him for being IC. When I was rereading the thread, I noticed that Nacho had taken quite the interest in TP42 right at the end of D1. By my count, during that period Nacho quoted 24 comments various people made , and 11 of them were TP42's posts. Not all of them are questions, and not all of them seemed to indicate any kind of scum hunting. Just an interesting though that if TP42 is scum, he would seem to have a reason to off Nacho. playing it off as "IC killing" is convenient, though I think that's probably all it was.

FWIW, Nacho seemed to be a lot more suspicious of Neuky at the end of D1 than anyone else. To follow the same pattern as TP42 from above, 8/24 statements he made were to Neuky, and he seemed to be a bit more agressive with them.
That's because Neuky and I were posting the most before Nacho made that one long post. There was simply just more to quote from Neuky and me than anyone else.

Just noticed something. As I was looking back to where Workdawg was talking about, I saw Stels' vote on Neuky. Didn't have much strength behind it, especially since Stels flipped scum. Could the vote on Neuky been possible distancing? It didn't have any purpose other than that.
Part of the problem.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:28 am

Post by theplague42 »

As for the NK, that's because the town-IC is killed 90% of the time, unless there's a newbie or SE that is much better at scumhunting. There wasn't any one person who fit that description, so I believe wholeheartedly that Naxho was killed because he was the IC. If you can show me anywhere where he strongly shows cop or catches any powerful tells on people, I may revise my theory.

Did Nacho even end up voting for Stels?
Part of the problem.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”