Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by Dekes »

Andrius wrote:Tells of a Cult Recruiter:
1) unconfirmable actions
2) won't claim a confirmable PR
3) investigates town
4) no NK
5) will claim VT unless they have a good FC with with non-confirmable actions
You are aware that all those things apply to MoI as well?

If we go with the recruiter theory there's a good chance MoI has been recruited. If Kdub was recruited earlier than N3 AND he's able to pass his shot to other recruitees (scary thought) then it makes sense that Jack got the blue vig shot by Kdub N3 and subsequently it would mean that Kdub continued to pass on his vig shot to other recruitees (if this is true we actually have to thank Kast for redirecting MoI's kill to KK).

Suddenly MoI's suggestion to No Lynch became very shady.

The other person is The Stove who is not cleared by the cop if he got recruited/converted later than N1. And I'd like him to clear up why he came in here without leaving a nameclaim and instead asked if Toog nameclaimed. And I'd like that very soon.

Andy, don't you make me all paranoid and what not. You're the only one I can trust in this very, very dark night indeed :shifty:
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Andrius »

Not AS much.
1) He has NO actions, and hasn't claimed otherwise. Cult Recruiter would try to not be visible to trackers/watchers, so they'd want to fake some form of action.
2) yeah, but somehow I doubt the C.R. would willingly claim BP, since its generally something that is associated with scumbags. top-tier scumbags.
3) can't argue against this; no one's a miller here, so. :igmeou:
4) again, true
5) didn't claim VT. He could have easily claimed VT though.

Personally, I would have recruiter Stove once they said he was investigated. Look at Succession Mafia. The winning cult WON by following the investigations of the claimed Cops. They recruiter whoever was investigated the night before. (which was A BITCH).

I agree with the No Lynch suggestion. Unless he magically claims some form of "Oh I'm Deadman, White Lantern Extrodinaire" then its not happening.

True. Stove needs to get in here. His absence is unnerving.

Kdud would have definitely have passed a gun to his cultbags whenever he could, so he was probably recruited N4, AFTER passing the gun to Jack. Yeah, we owe Kast and Tans some for shooting each other's teams.

Yeah, I know Dekes. But if you follow me, as you all have done thus far, I will lead you to victory. We will win this.
Bastard_Cult or not, we will win this. *fistpump*

MoI has been consistent all-game, IIRC. KageLord has lurked pretty much ALL GAME, and only been really active lately, due to the "oh im HAL FUCKING JORDAN".
So yeah.

I'd feel best with a KageLord lynch. I think we all would.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:20 am

Post by danakillsu »

Super-prodding KageLord.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:06 am

Post by KageLord »

Alright, so... apparently people don't like announced V/LA. Sorry about that. Would have announced it in-thread if it wasn't night (or better yet I would have posted my actions with my first post anyway).

Night 5: Shot Kast. Duh. So basically I am now VT Hal Jordan, having used all of my one-shots. And no, Andy, I did not receive any gifts from you. Or from the other blues. That makes me a saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad panda.

I've only skimmed today, wanting to get this claim out before someone gets overeager, but I'll have to check back on Dekes's case on me. Based on the theory that there is no Hal Jordan in this game or that Hal Jordan is Black Lantern Recruiter? Funny how Dekes has been gunning for me for a while now. Coincidence that I've been probably the easiest mislynch for the past few days? Probably some OMGUS thinking on my part here.

Easy way to think about this (at least from my point of view): Is anyone else going to claim shooting Kast last night? If not, your theory becomes that I am Hal Jordan (or FC Hal Jordan) - Black Lantern Recruiter and at least 1-shot vig and that Kast didn't kill anyone last night (this is based on there being a Black death every night since they were announced, which leads me to think that we either have some insane luck or that Black kills and Black's wincon might be a certain number of members, even dead ones).

Question: Why is Andy still alive? I'm not saying it's evidence of anything against him, but I just want to know what everyone thinks is the reason because I can't think of any good reason.
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:26 am

Post by Andrius »

Ooooooh hey KageLord! :D

We know you shot Kast. The problem is you aren't a JOAT. You're lurklurk Black Recruiter, playing is safe and staying under the radar, expecting when all the yellows to be dead for the pressure to release and us to go hunt somewhere else. All of your claimed actions are non-confirmable, ESPECIALLY with Kdub being in your team from as early as N3 (which would still make sense with Jack killing SensFan). As long as Kdub was recruiter before N5 (most likely N4 IMO) you would have gotten his gun and shot Kast, both 1) killing all scum-opposition and 2) confirming your JOAT-ness. You HAD to recruit him eventually; you didn't claim ANY actions until N3; why? To avoid having to lie about your real actions (recruiting our born-and-bred townies).

Glad to know you've only skimmed. Makes me feel much better about your towniness. Now you're not just trying anymore. Hal Jordan isn't the Black Recruiter; he's a fakeclaim FOR the Black Recruiter- most likely Nekron.
Oh so now Dekes is scum? I confirmed him as town D5. So unless you're attempting to push a lynch on recruited_Dekes (only possible last night), in which case you'd be B.R. anyway, you're attacking confirmed town. Way to go!

No one else will claim the shot because you actually did shoot him. Only thing is, you didn't shoot him because you're Hal Jordan, JOAT. You shot him because BlackLantern_Kdub gave you his blueturnedblack_gun and you shot Kast with that.

I was actually hoping for the gun, tbh. :(

Answer: BECAUSE NO ONE THINKS IM WORTH THEIR TIME. It pissed me off; I go out of my way to make sure that I'm as open and upfront since MY FIRST POST and yet people go "oh, Andy is just crumbing and not actually some Cop that will catch MULTIPLE scumbags SINGLE-HANDEDLY". When I'm VT I usually crumb Vig, not Cop. But yeah. Here I am, crumbing D1, totally catching scum on the side and no one bothers to kill me. I'm just not a threat, I guess. Despite me being a near-Cop I'm just not worth the nightkill. Kill those Vanilla Townies, guys. They're sooooo dangerous; they might just pull a Guilty on you if you don't kill them!!!

OH NOES THE VANILLA TOWNIES ARE ALL SECRETLY VIGS AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH KILL THEM ALL AND DONT WORRY ABOUT ALL THE COPS OUT THERE!!!

*sigh* Its demoralizing to know that I'm playing near my best, AM A COP, and the scum won't even reward me with dying for my towniness.

[sarcasm]But you're right, KageLord, you're totally right. Since I'm sooooo ovtown and am still alive I MUST be the Black Recruiter, right? :roll: [/sarcasm]
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Andrius »

And now we wait another couple days for the KageLord to come back, for MoI to return and Stove to NAMECLAIM.
Evidentially nameclaiming is really hard. :igmeou:
Dekes, I miss confirmedtown_you. :(
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:54 am

Post by Andrius »

Sad puppy wants people to post.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by Dekes »

*waves at not confirmed, but most obvtown Andy*
Don't get me wrong. I want to get Kage lynched just as much as you do. All setup speculation aside he's simply the scummiest guy out there. I'm just saying a lot of those points match MoI, too.
And I remember MoI getting cleared by both Kdub and KageLord. Something to remember.

@Kage
No, I don't think you're a JOAT. Just like Andy said I think you got Kdub's shot last night and used it on Kast to get yourself confirmed by Kdub. The only thing that you two didn't expect and messed up your plans was that Kast could block me and shoot Kdub. Because there was no reason for us to doubt Kdub was town you would've been seemingly confirmed, too and today's lynch would've been most likely TheStove.

And you're damn right I've been gunning for you these past days. AGM, tans and Kast were obvscum anyway, but we knew there was at least a fourth scum out there so I looked at the rest of the lot to find those hiding scum.
But good job on the half-assed suspicion against confirmed town only to backpaddle and admit it could just be OMGUS on your part.
KageLord wrote:Question: Why is Andy still alive? I'm not saying it's evidence of anything against him
Then why did you say it all? Another weak ass suspicion here. How about I protected Andy the last three nights? And you even said you also protected him N4. So why would he be dead?
Last night Kast apparently gambled - or he thought Kdub was the more dangerous out of the two blue PR - and decided to kill Kdub. And thank God he did (sorry, Kast, I called you black scum over and over again when in fact you were just helpful, misunderstood yellow scum).

Kage, upon your skimming did you come across somebody who you actually believe is black?

And now we keep on twiddling our thumbs waiting for TheStove and MoI to show up.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by Andrius »

SOMEONE POSTED! :mrgreen:
Dekes wrote: *waves at not confirmed, but most obvtown Andy*
Don't get me wrong. I want to get Kage lynched just as much as you do. All setup speculation aside he's simply the scummiest guy out there. I'm just saying a lot of those points match MoI, too.
And I remember MoI getting cleared by both Kdub and KageLord. Something to remember.
*waves back*
Exactly. Cult Recruiter is usually under-the-radar in Dayplay to avoid NK and NP actions in general and also having unconfirmed night actions. "Oh yeah I investigated ABC and he's town", "oh yeah I protected DEF last night you bet".
Dekes wrote: But good job on the half-assed suspicion against confirmed town only to backpaddle and admit it could just be OMGUS on your part.
Again, this was definitely ascumtell. Mainly flailing. "are we suuuuure Andy is ovtown? How about Dekes? anyone but me?"
Surprised he didn't bring up Stove's non-name-claiming deal. :igmeou:

GOOD POINT, DEKES.
KageLord_Recruiter: "Why is Andy alive?"
Dekes_Ovtown: "Because you protected him?? (and I did too, y'know)"
Andy_ovtown: :D
KageLord_Recruiter: :oops:

So yeah. I'm willing to drop a vote tomorrow, assuming MoI comes back and Stove claims.
But in all honestly, I'll feel completely secure with me and Dekes +1.
This will be GREAT.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by KageLord »

Andrius wrote:Ooooooh hey KageLord! :D

We know you shot Kast. The problem is you aren't a JOAT. You're lurklurk Black Recruiter, playing is safe and staying under the radar, expecting when all the yellows to be dead for the pressure to release and us to go hunt somewhere else. All of your claimed actions are non-confirmable, ESPECIALLY with Kdub being in your team from as early as N3 (which would still make sense with Jack killing SensFan). As long as Kdub was recruiter before N5 (most likely N4 IMO) you would have gotten his gun and shot Kast, both 1) killing all scum-opposition and 2) confirming your JOAT-ness. You HAD to recruit him eventually; you didn't claim ANY actions until N3; why? To avoid having to lie about your real actions (recruiting our born-and-bred townies).
Well, as you said, unconfirmable. So I can't defend myself against this point as it's all about speculation. Confused here though: do you mean to say non-town can get blue gifts? Also, do you mean to say that we (town) have just been lucky enough to kill Black every night thanks to some vig and/or scum killing black repeatedly? Also, the theory does assume that I knew for a fact that Kast wasn't actually a JOAT (if he was and I killed him, I would get screwed).
[sarcasm]But you're right, KageLord, you're totally right. Since I'm sooooo ovtown and am still alive I MUST be the Black Recruiter, right? :roll: [/sarcasm]
Clearly I didn't say that.
Dekes wrote:*waves at not confirmed, but most obvtown Andy*
Can't argue with that. But note that my clearing of MoI was just that he couldn't be non-black scum other than Godfather (i.e. he wasn't red, orange, or non-Siniestro yellow).
@Kage
No, I don't think you're a JOAT. Just like Andy said I think you got Kdub's shot last night and used it on Kast to get yourself confirmed by Kdub. The only thing that you two didn't expect and messed up your plans was that Kast could block me and shoot Kdub. Because there was no reason for us to doubt Kdub was town you would've been seemingly confirmed, too and today's lynch would've been most likely TheStove.

And you're damn right I've been gunning for you these past days. AGM, tans and Kast were obvscum anyway, but we knew there was at least a fourth scum out there so I looked at the rest of the lot to find those hiding scum.
But good job on the half-assed suspicion against confirmed town only to backpaddle and admit it could just be OMGUS on your part.
lol I don't know that I've ever heard a backpedal call on statements in the same paragraph, but okay.
KageLord wrote:Question: Why is Andy still alive? I'm not saying it's evidence of anything against him
Then why did you say it all? Another weak ass suspicion here. How about I protected Andy the last three nights? And you even said you also protected him N4. So why would he be dead?
Last night Kast apparently gambled - or he thought Kdub was the more dangerous out of the two blue PR - and decided to kill Kdub. And thank God he did (sorry, Kast, I called you black scum over and over again when in fact you were just helpful, misunderstood yellow scum).
My question was more about why he survived last night. I suppose you could be right about Kast thinking Kdub was the more dangerous of the two, which is the reason I believed to be most likely out of what I thought of, but I still don't give it a high percentage of likelihood. Kdub over Town Leader Andy?
Kage, upon your skimming did you come across somebody who you actually believe is black?

And now we keep on twiddling our thumbs waiting for TheStove and MoI to show up.
Tbh, no. I have 0 experience with cult mechanics and judging by the "tells" used right here, it is an awfully difficult one to tackle. If you want to continue with the idea that people were recruited for at least a day and then killed, I suppose the plan would be to check out which remaining player had certain relationships with the flipped members (and especially if there were any people that those members seemed to change opinion on, or lay off of, overnight).
Andrius wrote:
Dekes wrote: But good job on the half-assed suspicion against confirmed town only to backpaddle and admit it could just be OMGUS on your part.
Again, this was definitely ascumtell. Mainly flailing. "are we suuuuure Andy is ovtown? How about Dekes? anyone but me?"
Surprised he didn't bring up Stove's non-name-claiming deal. :igmeou:
And it doesn't seem odd to you that out of all players I would attempt to throw suspicion on obvtown? If I was final scum close to being nailed, I would almost certainly go for Stove or MoI before you two. Though, tbh, I would have recruited Andy at the first opportunity.
GOOD POINT, DEKES.
KageLord_Recruiter: "Why is Andy alive?"
Dekes_Ovtown: "Because you protected him?? (and I did too, y'know)"
Andy_ovtown: :D
KageLord_Recruiter: :oops:
But the protection was apparently blocked at least last night. >.>

Btw, Andy, can you remind me of how you confirmed Dekes to yourself?
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Andrius »

I mean to say that when Kdub was recruited, he probably got a new Role pm with his new wincon and teammmates or whatever other important info there is; non-town cannot get blue gifts when we are blue. I'm willing to bet that Kdub's power, like his role and alignment and wincon, were altered upon recruition. So yes, he totally gave you a gun and you shot Kast last night.

You didn't know he wasn't one; you shot according to our decree yesterday. We all didn't think he'd flip yellow. We figured he'd flip black.

I know, I was just being sarcastic, hence the tags. :P
KageLord wrote: And it doesn't seem odd to you that out of all players I would attempt to throw suspicion on obvtown? If I was final scum close to being nailed, I would almost certainly go for Stove or MoI before you two. Though, tbh, I would have recruited Andy at the first opportunity.
Except for the fact that I'm NOT confirmed town.
And if I were recruited there would be HARSH WORDS in the cult QT because I utterly HATE being anything other than town, namely because I can't actually PLAY as non-town. Hence why I picked town colors, because I WANTED TO BE TOWN.
kagelord wrote: But the protection was apparently blocked at least last night. >.>

Btw, Andy, can you remind me of how you confirmed Dekes to yourself?
True, but on dekes only.

My role works on town only. He was the first one to receive the double-act, and confirmed it. So he is 100% pro-town as of D5. He might have been recruited last night and lied, but I trust Dekes enough.
And the town NOT having a Doc will mean HARSH WORDS with mods post-game. :igmeou:

UNLESS he happened to pick up all my role-related crumbs D2... I crumbed my character D1 and my power D2.
I'll go grab some crumbs...
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:12 pm

Post by Andrius »

All from D2:
Andy wrote: OHMIGOD FATE CLAIMZ COP.

I CALL GOING NEXT.
Andy wrote: I don't know, Fate.
Motivate me.:P
Andy wrote: You speak in riddles, good sir. I'm not sure I follow, but you've motivated me so I'll attempt to do the same.
Andy wrote: Oh I wasn't claiming Cop.
Not yet. ;)
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Ok first I’ll catch-up with the thread …
Andrius wrote:So. I think its worth a shot to lynch the mod. We are not No Lynching, because that's just retarded. The only reason we'd have to do that is if we KNEW he has no recruits, as he started N3 and each of them have been killed in-turn. But no. We don't know that, so he could have a second member, in which case No Lynching dooms us.
Dekes wrote:Suddenly MoI's suggestion to No Lynch became very shady.
You two did read the ALL CAPS BOLD TEXT and post-script right. Please don’t suggest that my ramblings were in any way a suggestion of the route we should take.

There is no way in hell you’d get me to agree with a No Lynch today even if I felt 80% chance the Tinfoil theory was right. At this point I don't even think bothering with a 100% Mod vote is worth the time.

--
Dekes wrote:It's not you, Andrius, is it?
I’m almost positive that you are joking here but statements like this really make me wary. From Town-Dekes POV Andy MUST be confirmed not-Black recruiter. You’ve now claimed twice to received Blue colored motivation from him. And he’s been claiming Blue power for Days on end and obviously not been counter-claimed. He can’t be the Big Bad Black.

@Dekes
– Your mini-case at 2094 is interesting. I will need to re-read (hopefully tonight) Kagelord. I’ve seen his play as scum and want to see if I see specific aspects that mimic that play as well as confirming your point 1.

I’d like an answer to the following question – does your Point 2 suggest you feel more strongly that Plum’s death caused a 4 person Black Lantern Corp (1 from each color) to come into existence N2 than you do in the existence of an active Black recruitor?
Dekes wrote:If we go with the recruiter theory there's a good chance MoI has been recruited. If Kdub was recruited earlier than N3 AND he's able to pass his shot to other recruitees (scary thought) then it makes sense that Jack got the blue vig shot by Kdub N3 and subsequently it would mean that Kdub continued to pass on his vig shot to other recruitees (if this is true we actually have to thank Kast for redirecting MoI's kill to KK).
Actually that’s possibly the worst line of thinking on recruits I could come up with. You don’t recruit someone who you think has any chance of being lynched. And my chances of being lynched were higher than any remaining players (up until the last Yellow flipped anyway) other than Kage.

If I was looking at logical potential recruits you and Andy would be at the top of my list, followed by Stove a fair distance back. You both were under no lynch pressure and since especially since the mass color claim.

--
Andrius wrote:Things we can infer: Black Recruiter has existed since the beginning, since the ONLY indication otherwise was Kast's fakeclaim.
I’m going to be thinking over Dekes’ point I referenced above but I don’t think inferring anything at this point is safe. IIRC Kast made his fake-claim after the first Black Lantern flip.
Andrius wrote:Magna, are you notified when someone shoots you? Just curious.
My role PM does not specify and I’ve never received any PM from the Mods indicating so. When I inquired about the possibility I got the usual song-and-dance saying basically ‘Maybe, maybe not, I’m not going to tell you regardless’.
Andrius wrote:Tells of a Cult Recruiter:
1) unconfirmable actions
2) won't claim a confirmable PR
3) investigates town
4) no NK
5) will claim VT unless they have a good FC with with non-confirmable actions
Yeah you do know that this pretty much applies to every remaining player to some degree besides yourself, right?
Andrius wrote:And if I were recruited there would be HARSH WORDS in the cult QT because I utterly HATE being anything other than town, namely because I can't actually PLAY as non-town. Hence why I picked town colors, because I WANTED TO BE TOWN.
After seeing the end of Choose Your Side firsthand this makes me hate you even more Andy. </3

--
Kagelord wrote:Question: Why is Andy still alive? I'm not saying it's evidence of anything against him, but I just want to know what everyone thinks is the reason because I can't think of any good reason.
Your whole catch-up post was fairly suspect but this take the cake right here. I’ve read your later ‘retraction’ but this is just not consistent with what Town-Kage should be thinking.

1. You claimed to have protected Andy himself with your ‘JOAT’ power.
2. Andy’s early play and claim landed him as solidly perceived Town which would make him an obv-Doc target.
3. The question you should be asking as Town is not why Andy is alive but why Dekes (as outed Doc with enhanced powers) isn’t dead and why Kdub died. Because that is perhaps the least likely course of events in my mind.
Kage wrote:Also, the theory does assume that I knew for a fact that Kast wasn't actually a JOAT (if he was and I killed him, I would get screwed).
Using Kast’s obv-fake role-claim as ‘Evolving JOAT who skipped his Doc protect and suddenly gained Anti-Black powers when Town needed them most’ as defense for your claim is scummy. Of course you could shoot him with impunity. It was a horrible claim. Your later claim of plain old Regular JOAT would be supported by his scum flip.
Kage wrote:And it doesn't seem odd to you that out of all players I would attempt to throw suspicion on obvtown? If I was final scum close to being nailed, I would almost certainly go for Stove or MoI before you two. Though, tbh, I would have recruited Andy at the first opportunity.
Hmmm … a dash of WIFOM about how you would have recruited Andy early (before his unclaimed and then nebulous Powers were explained).

Then another dash of WIFOM saying ‘Why would I attack Obv-Town if I was scum’. Umm, why as Town would you bother making that statement anyway? Andy isn’t possibly the Black Recruiter so going after him is pointless.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by Andrius »

I read the bolded, Magna, I'm just saying I would have supported a mod-lynch if we thought it was viable.
I didn't take it as Gospel-Truth. :P
Magna wrote: I’m almost positive that you are joking here but statements like this really make me wary.
Oh Magna. :roll: You don't think I'm good enough to have played this great for this long? :( I'm wounded, Magna.
Magna wrote: If I was looking at logical potential recruits you and Andy would be at the top of my list, followed by Stove a fair distance back. You both were under no lynch pressure and since especially since the mass color claim.
Recruiting from the confirmed-town pool is always better than the ovtown pool. Because they're confirmed.
Magna wrote:I’m going to be thinking over Dekes’ point I referenced above but I don’t think inferring anything at this point is safe. IIRC Kast made his fake-claim after the first Black Lantern flip.
Magna.
We have NO EVIDENCE to support the Black
magically joined the game
somewhere during N2/D3. So what, some town player is magically converted to Black Recruiter? The Black Recruiter existed from the beginning, but "sorry, you can't recruit until Plum is dead".
Magna wrote: My role PM does not specify and I’ve never received any PM from the Mods indicating so. When I inquired about the possibility I got the usual song-and-dance saying basically ‘Maybe, maybe not, I’m not going to tell you regardless’.
No more than I expected, to be honest.
Magna wrote: Yeah you do know that this pretty much applies to every remaining player to some degree besides yourself, right?
Oh hush Magna. Next thing I know you're going to lynch ME. :P
These are just tells. This, combined with DayPlay is an essential GUIDE to catching them.
Not that hard.
Magna wrote:After seeing the end of Choose Your Side firsthand this makes me hate you even more Andy. </3
I had a choice there, and I chose selfishly.
I repaid the blood debt in Succession Mafia, where I let myself be killed in Endgame over winning with the Cult. (RC can attest to this.)
I didn't know you hated me at all, Magna. :(
Magna wrote:
1. You claimed to have protected Andy himself with your ‘JOAT’ power.

2. Andy’s early play and claim landed him as solidly perceived Town which would make him an obv-Doc target.
3. The question you should be asking as Town is not why Andy is alive but why Dekes (as outed Doc with enhanced powers) isn’t dead and why Kdub died. Because that is perhaps the least likely course of events in my mind.
Bolded for lulz.

I think we have our "three to tango".
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:31 pm

Andrius wrote:Oh Magna. :roll: You don't think I'm good enough to have played this great for this long? :( I'm wounded, Magna.
Um, whut? I was speaking to Dekes. I'm not doubting you've played a great game. I saw Prison Mafia first-hand. I'm doubting 100% you could possibly be the Black Recruitor since you outed the limitation to your and Kdub's power before you could have know about it as said recruitor (aka Day 1).
Andrius wrote:We have NO EVIDENCE to support the Black
magically joined the game
somewhere during N2/D3. So what, some town player is magically converted to Black Recruiter? The Black Recruiter existed from the beginning, but "sorry, you can't recruit until Plum is dead".
When I was reading to catch-up Dekes' theory made some sense (a limited four person cult being 'created' by Black Hand's death). That said after some minor reflection there is no way in my mind Kdub could have been changed N2 with Plum's death and handed the gun to Jack on Day 3. I just don't see him taking that chance with Jack the wild-card. So, yes, I agree we've had Mr. Black from the start.
Andrius wrote:Oh hush Magna. Next thing I know you're going to lynch ME. :P
These are just tells. This, combined with DayPlay is an essential GUIDE to catching them.
Not that hard.
Um no Andy. Getting the recruiter is paramount since lynching a possible recruit doesn't move us forward but more or less seals the game unless the Cult is out of recruits and only numbers the Recruiter right now.
Andrius wrote:I didn't know you hated me at all, Magna. :(
I don't hate you Andy. I just was infuriated with the end of that game. AGM should have been hung from the rafters the minute he made his TERRIBLE original claim (which from my direct knowledge I knew had to be fake) and doubly so when he claimed unlynchability. Tans proved that is a complete bullshit claim that must be challenged. That you chose to give yourself over to AGM's cult as opposed to just lynching his lying ass to this Day makes my blood boil. You had a choice ....

Ok ... I'm going to take a breather ...

Ok, better now. Anyway I probably am not going to get my full review of the flipped Black players and Kage / Dekes / Stove until the morning. I am exhausted.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by Andrius »

Magna wrote:Um, whut? I was speaking to Dekes. I'm not doubting you've played a great game. I saw Prison Mafia first-hand. I'm doubting 100% you could possibly be the Black Recruitor since you outed the limitation to your and Kdub's power before you could have know about it as said recruitor (aka Day 1).
So I'm a tad self-centered. :oops:
I outed it D1? :?
I'll stop debating this though. I like being ovtown. :D
Magna wrote:That said after some minor reflection there is no way in my mind Kdub could have been changed N2 with Plum's death and handed the gun to Jack on Day 3. I just don't see him taking that chance with Jack the wild-card. So, yes, I agree we've had Mr. Black from the start.
Unless they were expecting a recruitment of Jack to go through when it didn't, we need to get it down that he's probably existed since D1.
Magna wrote: Um no Andy. Getting the recruiter is paramount since lynching a possible recruit doesn't move us forward but more or less seals the game unless the Cult is out of recruits and only numbers the Recruiter right now.
I was being sarcastic. :roll:
Magna wrote: I don't hate you Andy. I just was infuriated with the end of that game. AGM should have been hung from the rafters the minute he made his TERRIBLE original claim (which from my direct knowledge I knew had to be fake) and doubly so when he claimed unlynchability. Tans proved that is a complete bullshit claim that must be challenged. That you chose to give yourself over to AGM's cult as opposed to just lynching his lying ass to this Day makes my blood boil. You had a choice ....
Sorry. I really am. UK still isn't talking to me... :igmeou:
But I definitely feel I've paid my blood debt to all of you.
I'll refrain from bringing that up again. :/

No problem. I'll be ready to vote tomorrow after Econ, so cases/nameclaims from Stove would be amazing beforehand.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Andrius »

I tried to keep the "Blue Lantern Trade Secret" as hidden as possible so we could check any other Blue PRs that claimed.
So I'm a tad confused how I outed it D1 when I only gave it away YESTERDAY. (D5)
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:18 pm

Andrius wrote:I tried to keep the "Blue Lantern Trade Secret" as hidden as possible so we could check any other Blue PRs that claimed.
So I'm a tad confused how I outed it D1 when I only gave it away YESTERDAY. (D5)
Think just a little bit Andy. I'm not talking about specifically outing it. I'm talking about even acknowledging the existance of said Blue PR limitations. Or at least hinting in your posts. I'm seeing inferences when reading back over.

Again, if you want to persist in arguing with me in my stance you are 100% not possibly the Black Recruiter please continue ... :P

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by Andrius »

I'd have to reread myself, but I tried to limit myself to St. Walker only, and blue of course.

At least we're posting. I mean, I get lonely when you guys don't. :(
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:49 pm

Post by ReaperCharlie »

Andrius wrote:I repaid the blood debt in Succession Mafia, where I let myself be killed in Endgame over winning with the Cult. (RC can attest to this.)
This happened.
Show
"Take me to Pleasure Town!" "Look, the most Glorious Rainbow Ever!" "Do me on it!" -

Spoiler:
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:17 am

Post by Andrius »

I'll be around later on with a vote, I think.
Stove post plzkthx.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Dekes »

KageLord wrote:Can't argue with that. But note that my clearing of MoI was just that he couldn't be non-black scum other than Godfather (i.e. he wasn't red, orange, or non-Siniestro yellow).
And here MoI joins your suspect pool :roll:
Why could he still be black after your "clearance"? Is your investigation only be able to incriminate yellow/red/orange? Or are you claiming you have inside info that black scum are investigation immune?
KageLord wrote:My question was more about why he survived last night. I suppose you could be right about Kast thinking Kdub was the more dangerous of the two, which is the reason I believed to be most likely out of what I thought of, but I still don't give it a high percentage of likelihood. Kdub over Town Leader Andy?
From a yellow POV? I'm pretty sure I'd kill the person who can hand out guns to town who are people being able to kill me at night and getting confirmed as town in the process. Nice try though leaving Andy in the suspect pool.
KageLord wrote:Tbh, no. I have 0 experience with cult mechanics and judging by the "tells" used right here, it is an awfully difficult one to tackle. If you want to continue with the idea that people were recruited for at least a day and then killed, I suppose the plan would be to check out which remaining player had certain relationships with the flipped members (and especially if there were any people that those members seemed to change opinion on, or lay off of, overnight).
Okay, another by quote by KageLord:
KageLord wrote:What? Shouldn't we, if at all possible, eliminate our enemy that
can
grow (i.e. black)? Of course, eliminating orange or red wouldn't be bad either, but the best scenario for us today is lynching black.
If you were really town interested in getting rid of black you would've at some point between this quote, which happened two weeks ago, and today trying to find anything that could help us determine who is black. The fact that you have zero speculation and/or clues as to who could be black shows very clearly that you weren't interesting in blackhunting at all, despite you claiming it should be the main priority for town.

So, last chance, because if you're town, you're losing this game for us if this is LyLo. Tell us everything about what you think of the black cult and who could be black.
If you're scum, good job on making it so far with minimal effort.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:I’m almost positive that you are joking here but statements like this really make me wary. From Town-Dekes POV Andy MUST be confirmed not-Black recruiter. You’ve now claimed twice to received Blue colored motivation from him. And he’s been claiming Blue power for Days on end and obviously not been counter-claimed. He can’t be the Big Bad Black.
I was just irritated by how positive and optimistic Andy was at the time. Can't say I can share his optimism though I strongly believe KageLord to be black. Part of it has probably to do with my town record of 0-5 so far and that I don't think town deserves to lose this game at all. Of course Andrius sits atop my town list by far. But this is mafia and paranoia reigns here. The presence of a cult doesn't help alleviate this paranoia at all.
MoI wrote:I’d like an answer to the following question – does your Point 2 suggest you feel more strongly that Plum’s death caused a 4 person Black Lantern Corp (1 from each color) to come into existence N2 than you do in the existence of an active Black recruitor?
When I was rereading this game with the focus on that theory I think there is quite some evidence that supports this theory. But its impact on today is minimal and it merely adds to the case of Kage being scum. The fact is we have to lynch black today and that is all I have to know at the moment.
MoI wrote:Actually that’s possibly the worst line of thinking on recruits I could come up with. You don’t recruit someone who you think has any chance of being lynched. And my chances of being lynched were higher than any remaining players (up until the last Yellow flipped anyway) other than Kage.
Not yesterday. KduB had cleared you as town and we hadn't seen KduB flip so you were far from being lynch option #1 or #2 yesterday.
MoI wrote:If I was looking at logical potential recruits you and Andy would be at the top of my list, followed by Stove a fair distance back. You both were under no lynch pressure and since especially since the mass color claim.
I agree here. That's why I believe more in the non-Black recruiter theory. Another theory I had in mind is that there is a Black recruiter but he is restricted to one possible recrutee per Lantern...which would mean that there's a chance of two black being left but only regular LyLo as of now.

So, that was probably more than needed to be said with a consensus on the Kage lynch. But eh, we've got some time to kill until TheStove shows up.

They have to move their asses in here
and PZ has to get his ass into the Mini Queue because I want to start my frigging modding debut
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:25 am

Post by Andrius »

I'm voting later today; just a heads-up.
Today is going surprisingly well and winning this game after all the work and sacrifice and SCUM LYNCHES would be amazing. :D
Perfect end to a great day.

Stove claiming would be great, but if not that's cool; he's probably recruited by KageLord if he's just lurking right now.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:06 am

I started doing a big re-read post and was halfway through when my computer crashed.

Suffice it to say the progress I had made has helped me feel very comfortable about Kagelord being today’s lynch.

I started from the standpoint that we have to lynch the Recruiter today. Otherwise even if we lynch a Black recruit we go down to 4 players at night. Risking the game on lynching a minion on the hope that the leader can’t act again is not a risk I want to take.

From that point of view I didn’t bother to even look at Andrius’ ISO. For reasons already stated multiple times in thread he can’t be the Big Bad Black.

That leaves Kagelord, Dekes and The Stove as possibilities for me to review. I looked at their ISOs from a scum-hunting perspective, for interactions with known Black recruits (Toog, KK and Kdub), and for anything that smelled of potential Black knowledge before we got the Night 3 reveal on Toog.

I could rebuild my long post but I’ll go with the TL DR version because I am tired of typing –

The Stove and Dekes read completely differently from Kage. The Stove’s interaction with KK alone makes me think he’s very unlikely to be the Big Black. KK attacked him in the same way he went after Kast. Dekes has had interaction of all sorts (questioning, accusation, etc) with the dead recruits. Both have shown interest in scum-hunting and discussing the game.

Kage on the other hand reads on cruise control. The only part of his ISO that reads at all as active are the portions where he is defending his play. Furthermore his interactions with the Black recruits is no-existant. He doesn’t even type one of their names until after Toog dies. That’s the sort of play I’d expect from Cult buddies – he’s careful not to draw negative attention to them and doesn’t want to be linked to them by supporting / defending / agreeing with them either.

I’d like to see Stove actually check in … his lurking may just be indicative of a Black recruit who sees the writing on the wall.

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:17 am

Post by Andrius »

Magna wrote: I started from the standpoint that we have to lynch the Recruiter today. Otherwise even if we lynch a Black recruit we go down to 4 players at night. Risking the game on lynching a minion on the hope that the leader can’t act again is not a risk I want to take.
Gospel Truth

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”