Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Javert »

*marches towards Shattered Viewpoint lynch, waving a tattered patriotic flag back and forth*

You know who probably needs to get a claimed power role lynched before they have any chance of winning? Scum. How about we lynch Shattered Viewpoint, and let the claimed powers speak for themselves on the morrow.
"I was born with scum like you."
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:58 am

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

Here's the deal: I've not been in this game long enough to get involved in setup speculation; not to mention (again) I don't do it, and I find it scummy in those that do.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:30 am

Post by RobCapone »

way to avoid my questions
Goodbye Mafiascum, you guys too serious for me.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:50 am

Post by RobCapone »

@ SV, I'll add a 3rd question for you to ignore

how did you go from "gut feeling I'm scum" to "poe(process of elimination) I'm scum"?
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:01 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
ConSpiracy wrote:
Rob and SV
, why lynching someone who is (in your eyes) high likely to be scum when we can 100% lynch scum either today or tomorrow?
I don't understand this question. Can you put it into English for me, please?

Thanks, ever so.

Also: I don't do setup speculation. It's scummy, and there's no place for it. Outguessing the mod is Not Mafia.
1. If you don´t understand something I type, please don´t ask in such a rude way to clarify it. I am not a native English speaker so I don´t produce perfect English sentences, but I do know that sentence made sense.

Why do you want to lynch someone who is in your eyes high likely to be scum?
Why don´t you agree to this situation:
We lynch Magnus Orion/Oso. If scum, great. If town, we have one confirmed scum.

2. Contradiction. This setup speculation gave us two players and one of those players is scum. It isn't scummy to use the setup to bust scum. And it isn't outguessing the mod, one of the mafia players have lied and the mod had nothing to do with it. (Except for when this invalid mafia went trough)
What would you do when somebody fakeclaimed and you could bust it? Let it go because it is setup speculation? That's stupid and incredibly scummy.
Oso wrote:I do set-up speculation... a lot, but in this case ConSpiracy has set the stage for a VERY dangerous situation for town.

It's called a False Dichotomy. If A is True(Town) then B must be False(Scum) (and vice-versa). That's is well and good if there is a situation where you are (more than) reasonably certain there are no other alternatives.

It bites you in the ass in this case if ConSpiracy is wrong. Both alternatives are equally bad for town if he is wrong.

We are both town. You lynch both claimed roles based on the first one flipping town.
If you tell me why this is even possible, you should do it now. Nothing can be said I am wrong.
If you both are town, this setup will be invalid. The reviewers should have never agreed this mafia to be played.
Oso wrote:We are both lying. You leave the second player as confirmed town after the first flip reveals scum.
True, this isn't impossible. However a setup with a cop and 8 VT's vs 2 mafia teams is far too imbalanced for a game. If this is the case though, we would have 2 mislynches and the scum would have to fake results for 3 nights. That is tough, especially for you.
Oso wrote:Find something in the game that supports one of us lying and one of us truthful, both lying or both telling the truth and use that. I have no problem with using rules as a starting point, back it up though.
Have you even read my posts? I have found 1 conf scum in either you or him. If you aren't scum, you would have nothing to hide. These reactions just give me the feeling you don't want to go for this plan because it will get you lynched: You are scum.
Oso wrote:And I'll add this and you can take it for what you want, jimfinn said in Post-518:

"...so setup speculation based on their guidelines may not be in any player's interest."

Is a not so subtle warning about the direction this speculation is going. Whether you think the speculation is going to break the game in town's favor or scum's, he definitely wants it to stop in my opinion.
That is your interpretation. The mod knows he may not confirm or deny this setup being legal or not. He may not give us any advise about the direction we are going through so a reaction such as this is neutral.
Javert wrote:You know who probably needs to get a claimed power role lynched before they have any chance of winning? Scum. How about we lynch Shattered Viewpoint, and let the claimed powers speak for themselves on the morrow.
You know who doesn't want to lynch scum because it lowers his own odds on winning? Scum.
How about we first lynch confirmed scum and then we are going to check Shattered Viewpoint?
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Javert »

Shattered Viewpoint is Knife Goon. ConSpiracy is probably Gun Goon who is trying his damnedest to get a power role lynched now before he is unable to do so later.

In other news, the weather is surprisingly nice today. It's been far too cold lately.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:21 am

Post by Oso »

tl;dr: Let's lynch Shattered Viewpoint. Conspiracy is wrong.

ConSpiracy.

Maybe the language barrier is causing some sort of confusion here.

I'll try it again.

No I won't, you are seriously pissing me off here.

Get your nose out of the MD thread and back in this game and show us why magnus is scum or show everyone else why I am scum and don't use any of this "well the rules say.." bullshit.

Play the game, not the fucking rules :evil:
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by Jerbs »

^^This

Vote: Shattered

For reasons outlined by everyone else.
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

Finally.

Vote: Shattered Viewpoint

At the risk of saying too much, I was doomed on entrance.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Oso »

I'll confirm what I said earlier.

I'll block Javert again tonight.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by RobCapone »

Now, I need to figure out who to investigate, too many people I don't trust.
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by Mute »

RobCapone wrote:Now, I need to figure out who to investigate, too many people I don't trust.
Uhm, Javert? >_>
:dead:
-Hard to see big picture behind pile of corpses-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Oso »

Doesn't matter.

A guilty would be good but at this point, an innocent on a living player is as useful as a guilty.
-
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by RobCapone »

Mute wrote:
RobCapone wrote:Now, I need to figure out who to investigate, too many people I don't trust.
Uhm, Javert? >_>
if he is being blocked wouldn't that be kind of stupid?
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by jimfinn »

A lynch has been reached!

Flavor to be added later - I'm a bit under the weather, sorry.

Shattered Viewpoint, Knife Mafia Goon lynched D4

N4 Begins now. Actions by 2/16, Midnight EDT.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:21 am

Post by jimfinn »

A new morning arose, and a gunshot was heard across the sky.

RobCapone had been shot. On his body was found a badge, showing that he had been a policeman.

RobCapone, Cop, Shot N4.

A new day, Day 5, begins now. You have until Noon EDT on February 28 to arrive at your next suspect. With 6 alive, it is four to lynch.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:26 am

Post by RobCapone »

Bah humbug
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:28 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Soo...

VOTE: Magnus_Orion

There you go.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:12 am

Post by Javert »

Sigh. At least I'm cleared. Truth be told, though, I was inwardly hoping scum would No-Kill in an attempt to frame me. In that situation, I would have suggested we simply keep No-Lynching (with magnus_orion protecting RobCapone) until we squeezed as many investigations from RobCapone as we could. That way, if RobCapone was scum he would eventually clear too many people, and if he was Town we probably would have gotten the guilty result we were looking for fairly soon.

I would suggest against voting for the moment. The reason we were successful yesterday is because we took a step back from rushing to lynching me or RobCapone. I plan on rereading the game over the weekend.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:35 am

Post by Javert »

Mute,

I saw you browsing in Little Italy, and seeing as this is your only game in Little Italy, I know you were looking at
this
game. Is there any particular reason you failed to post just now?
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:48 am

Post by Mute »

Not really Javert. Have nothing much to add. It's surprising seeing Rob was telling the truth given how he acted D4, and sucks that it'll remain unknown who he decided to investigate.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:48 am

Post by magnus_orion »

I protected oso last night. I'll obviously protect him again tonight. Believed him more than rob.
Javert is cleared, which leaves mute conspiracy and jerbs

The way I see it, it can play out this way:
Oso blocks one of them tonight, we lynch one of them. -2 leaves one suspect. If there is no kill it comes down to 5 players alive instead, and its either me or the person oso blocked. Lynch one, then lynch the other, we win.
If there is a kill than it comes down to 4 players either me or the other person. But we can't auto win unless we no-lynch
We no lynch and oso blocks the last suspect. There will be no kill, if there is a kill I have to be scum.
Since I'm not there won't be a kill but if there is we won't lose. So then you can still lynch me
I could've chosen to no-kill though, so that doesn't matter once there is no kill, so we go at it again, only oso's block doesn't work so they kill the only innocent left, which leaves oso to decide between me and the last remaining suspect.
So we should choose our targets for the noose and blocks so its me and the least likely of jerbs conspiracy or mute to choose between, so that we lynch the scum before it comes down to me and this other person. Of course If I'm believed, all this is unnecessary, we've already won, but since I've been called into question by conspiracy, whose taken the only stance that the mafia could take to have a chance in this game, and his aggressiveness does conflict with his earlier hesitations on ICEninja, but I'm still unsure. At some point I'll probably go over the game and post my thoughts on the three of them... I'm still busy with exams and things.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Mute »

Hey Magnus.
If I'm reading your claim right, you shouldn't be able to protect tonight.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:21 am

Post by magnus_orion »

uh no, you're not. Assuming only the gun mafia remains, then the fact that there was a night kill means that I didn't successfully protect anyone.
No protection = I can protect again tonight.
I only can't protect anyone the night after I successfully prevent a night kill.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by Mute »

Ah, you're right. Sorry, misread that before.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”