Mini 1126 - Game over - Was Averagely Suspicious saved?

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by Ashblade »

Hi Zito, hi Grey, and hi everyone else I do not know.
I'm back... sorta. Not joining anything else until I know if I have enough time to keep playing. V/LA for most weekends. Apologies for my flake.

WHY ASHBLADE YOU FUCKERS? HE WAS THE LAST ORIGINAL TOWNIE THE LAST YOU KILLED A LEGEND - GreyIce
Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Ashblade »

Nah, won't let that happen. Just be town and it'll be smooooooooth sailing.
I'm back... sorta. Not joining anything else until I know if I have enough time to keep playing. V/LA for most weekends. Apologies for my flake.

WHY ASHBLADE YOU FUCKERS? HE WAS THE LAST ORIGINAL TOWNIE THE LAST YOU KILLED A LEGEND - GreyIce
Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:42 am

Post by Ashblade »

Yeah, I'm looking for a decent one I like until I have played a few games here. Besides while I liked Firo, I'm a video gamer by heart.

Also if we're all going to die at once I prefer the fiery explosion method.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Ashblade »

We need some pie too.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by Ashblade »

That's the only cake that is acceptable.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by Ashblade »

There's that wind breeze again...

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Ashblade »

Sounds like a site I play mafia at.

We have one mafia thread with 600 pages of one of the games I have run.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Post by Ashblade »

RobCapone wrote:
Ashblade wrote:Sounds like a site I play mafia at.

We have one mafia thread with 600 pages of one of the games I have run.
lol where is that?
It's on a regular forum, called NSider2. I still don't think any of us know how to balance a game right. :lol:

and lol Zito.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:58 pm

Post by Ashblade »

GreyICE wrote:
Hayker wrote:The trick is to swear at no one in particular. Post 60 ftw! So what is the post count per page here again? 20?

And I've... failed at that one too.
I believe the trick is to keep it civil and try not to make people feel like shit. I've insulted people too because of this game, and it's going to happen from time to time if you have any sort of temper.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:19 am

Post by Ashblade »

RobCapone wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:The game hasn't even started and I'm already lurking!
Lynch all lurkers is the only policy I like :P
Choo, Choo!

And that stings Ice. Russell looks nothing like Snake's guy (which I'm assuming is named Snake) I should lynch you for that. :P

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Ashblade »

Scum are probably too busy hiding in their hideout to want to play early.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Ashblade »

Snake Eyes wrote:
Ashblade wrote:Russell looks nothing like Snake's guy (which I'm assuming is named Snake)
It's Snake Eyes from 999 on the DS, a pretty good visual novel.
Ah, I've heard of it. Several people want me to play it. Unfortunately the woes of a poor gamer.

and I want to start and I'm sure others do too, unfortunately we're either waiting on scum to squeeze out the last few hours of night talk that they are going to get or our mod to start the game.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by Ashblade »

GreyICE wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:I didn't vote. I like waiting and I love making others wait.
I will give everyone a door prize if we put him at L-2 before page 6.
I can agree with that. RVS is over before it even started.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by Ashblade »

Vote: Erratus Apathos

Choo choo!

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #14) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Ashblade »

subgenius wrote:Congratulations, Ashblade, you wrote the 100th pre-game post! Here's your prize!

Vote: Ashblade
Oh boy, just what I've always wanted. :lol:
wikkiden wrote:I
FoS: Ashblade
for... Reasons unexplainable as of right now. Just a gut instinct.

That being said, I'll sheep. Because I like door prizes. o;

Vote: Erratus Apathos
You know, I've found Foses little more than a joke, but maybe that's just me. Can't feel if it's just being new just yet but the vote you made was pretty bad.
Hiraki wrote:There's no reason to vote Errant. His post was
OBVIOUSLY
sarcasm
Erratus Apathos wrote:The later the start of day is, the later the end of day is, and thus the more time there is for discussion overall. Ergo, not voting to start the day is pro-town.
I laughed. Anything else you want to do to stick your foot in your mouth Hiraki?

Not worth a quote but I think worth noting but Barry feels all over the place, and gut says he will be for the future and it's not giving me that warm fuzzies.

My vote is better served elsewhere.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Hiraki

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:20 pm

Post by Ashblade »

I was going to head to bed and reply in the morning, but now I can't help myself...
wikkiden wrote:I'm sorry. I know I should have started in a newbie game, and I know I look extremely scummy right now. I apologize that me feeling like I could just jump right into a mini game could ruin this game for all of you. Honestly, I don't have much I could possibly say in defense of myself right now. I know no one will believe me, but I truly didn't count the votes, nor did it occur to me how serious my voting would be. I also did not realize that I was opening up an opportunity for mafia to throw open the floodgates and blitz a mislynch. But practice makes perfect. And you gotta learn from your mistakes. And I've learned all right. .-. But that's truly all I can say. I'm not going to sit here and beg you not to lynch me. I know I look scummy as all get out. I know what I'd think if I saw anyone else do that. But if I'm getting lynched, I wanna go out on a good note, and I truly do apologize for plunging on in here without a clue as to what I was doing. >.<
wikkiden wrote:Not an appeal to emotion at all, just the truth. As I have yet to adopt a playing style on this site, I feel obliged to inform you that I play mafia VERY aggressively. I don't care if I'm under pressure or not. That's just how I am.
wikkiden wrote:As I mentioned above, I'm an aggressive player. I like to throw my FoS's out there swiftly. My gut instinct might be my "excuse" at the moment, but in my own mind I truly do have reasons for the FoS. I know, sounds odd, but I'm an odd person. :D And as I mentioned in my above "emotional appeal", I truly wasn't aware that I was putting someone into such a serious position.
One of these posts is not like the other, especially since the question didn't exactly need that kind of apology, and DEFINITELY not that kind of AtE.
@the 5 other people thing, excuse me for misspeaking. I wasn't aware that human beings were expected to never make mistakes nowadays. >.<[
And here's yet another apology when in mafia people are hanged for sneezing funny. You sure you're an aggressive player?

Bill could also use more votes, but I'm not ready to join justtttttt yet.
subgenius wrote:As far as I know, the only people that know whether or not this is true are Erratus and scum...
Potato, Potatoe.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:34 am

Post by Ashblade »

Mod: subgenius is voting Hiraki, not Grey as you have down.

Fixed. Thank you.
Erratus Apathos wrote: Ashblade is scummy. He's voting Hiraki but has barely mentioned him, and hasn't at all mentioned him being scummy. All the while, he's brought up reasons to suspect Barry, Bill, wikkiden, and me. I feel he's trying to leave his options open here.
I don't want to just yet. Will it amount to nothing? Maybe, but I'm not done picking at others. Putting my fleeting thoughts down on other small 'hmm's and minor minor suspicions keeps my thoughts straight.
Barry Allen wrote:Some quick notes:
3. @Ashblade - I would like more about how I'm "all over the place". I FoS'd someone and didn't vote only because of my massively stupid vote count...and voted as soon as that count was corrected. I haven't sent out other suspicions prior to this post, so I don't get your assessment. If you want all over the place, just read sub's posts.
I feel you will or are in the background, and trust me in that I already see sub.
subgenius wrote:I standby my comment. Acting like you know someone is town is scummy, especially since a hypothetical cop wouldn't have had an investigation yet. If my vote wasn't already on Hiraki,
I'd be perfectly willing to vote for Papa Zito.
Grey is town, you going to lynch me for saying that?

It's a shame, I wanted Hiraki to talk a little more while I picked at him, and then you became scum. I'd have brushed off or thought minorly on the thought that "you can't clear people 100%", and I would have brushed off the "scumslip" (Don't truly believe in most scumslips other people think they see), but add all you're contradictions in thoughts and posts answering these accusations and I think we have someone who thinks they are trying to be town but isn't.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: subgenius
Last edited by Dekes on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #17) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Ashblade »

If those posts are aggressive (I've pointed it out too) then I'm a hot head and Grey is the mother****ing Vulcan Raven from MGS.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #18) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:55 pm

Post by Ashblade »

wikkiden wrote:And also, @Ashblade, yes, one of those posts was unlike the others because I truly do feel bad about it. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to try as hard as possible to grab my bearings and figure out who is scummy to the best of my ability. I'm aggressive where I come from, and I know I'm not displaying that much here. I'm still trying to figure out what playing style works best for me in forum-based mafia, and if I do want to be aggressive, I'm trying to figure out how to play with that aggressiveness.
Best way to prove it is showing it. This is my second game on this site, the first ongoing still. I really don't think you have anything to apologize for.

wikkiden wrote:I would also like to point out that AshBlade has been EXTREMELY fickle. @Post #111, he jumped on a not-so-RVS wagon, understandable. @Post #142, he points out how I look scummy, points out how Barry looks scummy, and switches his vote to Hiraki. @Post#153, he adds to the offenses against me, and points out that he supports a Bill lynch. @Post #167, he continues to FoS Barry of lurking (After saying in Post 142 that he thought Barry was all over the place), and he switches his vote to Subgenius.

His statements are inconsistent with each other, he hasn't kept to the same FoS's for more than two posts in a row (Even after commenting on how FoS's were little more than a joke), he has brought suspicion against 6 out of the 13 people playing, and I have literally commented on every single post he has made, except for his most recent (Post#176), which is irrelevant at present. He has had nothing to say to help stir up discussion, nor has he said anything beneficial to the town. All he is doing is throwing out a few sentences on the many people who he has found to be acting scummy. He's going after the smallest scum-tells he can find.
My votes are fickle day 1, at least until better stuff comes up. Don't get me wrong though, the things I note do not simply go away. This thread is my notepad with my thoughts as I bring them up. I will give off what I find weird, suspicious, and different but not call it a fos. FOSes are often not counted anyway (You can call my suspicions FOSes if you want, I just won't call them foses). With that said, sub has my vote at this time and I don't imagine I'll be moving it for a while yet.
Barry wrote:...
Alright, I'll try to explain it slowly.

1. When you began today with the wagon on EA you were acting like he had gotten to L-1.
2. When you see that you can vote you do and then start wondering about even that, asking for 'wait, is that right?' kind of thing. In my eyes I see the beginning of someone who is going to go sort of "hmm, maybe I should vote" or more use words without putting their actions where it is. Maybe "all over the place" isn't quite the right way to describe it but let's say that I can feel in my gut that you will probably act... maybe its hesitant in the future. (which, btw, you are right NOW with your 3 suspects and not a single one of them holding your vote.)
subgenius wrote:Yeah, I'm going to answer accusations. I guess that makes me scum. :roll: I feel like I've explained any "contradictions," but if you've got anything specific to cite, please do so. I'll answer your questions, which will be win/win, since I'll have a chance to explain myself, and apparently by offering explanations, I'll be outing myself as scum. I also find it amusing that I'm being accused of "being all over the place" when I've kept my vote in the same place after my RV and only referenced two players as possible scum.
Way to stretch what I mean. Simply put there are always a bunch of small things someone does that add up, and then your threat, oh your threat.

1. You agreed with the EA wagon but decided it would be better to random vote me. You've already explained this but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't at least be put up there to note. That's the contradiction.
2. "All over the place" is EA yet not on EA, to Hiraki for his fos and vote, to Zito just because of his comment that EA was town. (and let the record show that if/when I decide to call someone town with little doubt you've threatened to vote me as well) YOU look like you want to keep your options open to me with this one and don't have the guts to call someone town.
3. The thing that really changed my mind is that Zito would be voted just because he declared someone town. It happens all the time in these games and just because someone says it doesn't mean it will stick around forever. The thought that you would actually entertain a vote to such a comment is laughable.

Also since when does a role like the one Grey 'claimed' exist in any game that dares to call itself "normal"? I can't people people are actually entertaining its existence. :igmeou:

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #19) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:16 am

Post by Ashblade »

Was really busy yesterday, and will be busy later until late tonight. But here's a small update.
Barry Allen wrote:As for my not voting again yet - I will take care of that later today. Unlike you, my votes are not "fickle day 1" as you said to wikki. I was on the road working yesterday and drove 6 hours to get home - when I get past some home office work today I'll re-read and cast that vote. I don't consider that a bad thing in a round with a PC set for March - and no, I won't wait for March, just until later today.
I can't believe you are (or were) reacting to my small little statement. What I find amusing is you later prove it right. :lol:
subgenius wrote:1. Reasonable, but not quite right. I recognized that there was justification for an EA bandwagon and that it would serve the purpose of getting the ball rolling, but also felt like it wouldn't ultimately lead anywhere or benefit from my presence.
2. I was never on EA, I just think that those who jumped on him were acting rationally and predictably. I've consistently said that EA's pre-game admission was a bit fishy, but I didn't take it very seriously. Hiraki has been my main pursuit, Zito was an aside that was blown out of proportion since people have decided that it was out of line. I feel like I've been pretty focused on Hiraki. No, I'm not going to call anyone town. I might have my guesses, but that's the as far as it goes. I think it's silly to think any differently.
3. Honestly, I haven't played in awhile, and what you're saying about Zito type comments might be true. Although it is scumtell #5 according to https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ding_Mafia. I'll readily admit that I haven't played or read as many games as you probably have so it's entirely possible I'm way off base on this one.
1. Even the "I agree with the wagon" would have done better than just outright saying nothing and then voting somewhere else.
2. Having town reads prevents you from getting into a trap as town of finding everyone else scum. There's this one ongoing game where that situation is proven quite well.
3. Lol wiki.
Snake Eyes wrote:3. Top 2 candidates are Bill and subgenius,
not just because they're scummy but also because lots of people have taken a stance on them.
Some candidates for slot 3 are wikkiden and our two lurkers.
More people taking stances = that person is more likely scum? I fail to see how that has any bearing on someone's alignment at all.
Papa Zito wrote:Barry, that's an interesting dance you're doing there. Must be some sort of native tribal thing.

Currently I support wagons on Bill, mockingjaye and subgenius (hail Slack!). If any of them were to dangle in the gentle spring breezes I'd be satisfied. Conditional to those flips I would support wagons on Rob and you.

All that said, I only have one vote. And I have it placed on the one I currently find most likely to flip red.

I'm really honestly not sure why I have to explain all this.
Told ya he'd be all over the place.

There's a bunch of more stuff that happened but I'll save that for later tonight when I finish with what I am doing. Looking through it, Sub looks like he's trying to distance from Barry after the case load against him. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I also have to admit I don't like Bill's disappearance when we leave him alone either. Barry, Sub, and Bill would give us the most information and most mafia. Anyway, more when I'm back.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #20) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:32 pm

Post by Ashblade »

Snake Eyes wrote:For one, we don't have a consensus, and for another, we have 2 players who have not contributed anything at all. Ending the day would be very premature right now. Town generally benefits from more discussion anyway, so I don't get why you're suggesting a lynch already when day 1 has been going on for less than a week.
There's a point where you're not going to get anything better without a flip and town slows to a crash (I'd have the perfect game to show but it's still ongoing). With that said there's still at least one person who needs to provide input before this day ends, and that's our new replacement. I'd also like to see another post from wiki. Especially after what has already been found on him.

I've been reading Hiraki vs. Rob a bit closer... and I'm coming up null on both of them, with a slight edge of town to Hiraki. Not entirely sure why, but I think Hiraki's town read comes from posts like This one.

Zito I also read as town for having the same town feeling I had because of something before (lolmeta) and his pokes at others. It's no "read" by any means but I'd be more surprised if he turned up scum than town right now.

Grey is null, his fire isn't on fire here and it's disheartening. Maybe it's because we're dancing in circles right now.

and everyone else I've either commented on before or I haven't any good read on them except EA, who I do think is most likely town by the "speed wagon" and his posts.

Was expecting to do more with this post but I didn't think I wouldn't get to it until 4 AM. x_x Oh well.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #21) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Ashblade »

Hey guys, I've kind of been swamped in stuff recently, however with the weekdays going on and I having finished what I needed done this morning I should be able to kick it into high gear very soon. Just need to finish some reading work then I'll read here and have a post in an hour or so.

(and it seems we scared Wiki off. Welp.)

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #22) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by Ashblade »

First.

UNVOTE:

Sub, while still... ehhhhhhhhhhhh. Isn't as much super scum as I was led to believe recently. I'm not writing him off just yet though but that can wait for later. Right now it's time to look at others. And look what we have to look through.
Bill McQuill wrote:
Papa Zito wrote: +1 but I want to see what the replacement does.
Right here, champ. Posted pretty recently, take a gander!
Barry Allen wrote:When called out on lurking by more than one player, we suddenly have an active Bill voting to take subs to L-1 (whether he is bussing or simply appealing to the town)...
Man, it sure is easy to make people sound scummy when you phrase things negatively!
Oh hey, Snark! That always works so well!
subgenius wrote:I think he could have gotten away with hammering me pretty damn easily after he subbed in, but he didn't.

Could you answer my question from #311, por favor?
Nah, he wouldn't have gotten away with it. A man that I call Bob once told me something about convenient wagons. They be convenient yet inconvenient. The one that hammers a wagon such as that would be seen in flames relatively quickly. bvoigt wouldn't get away with it if he is scum and he definitely would wait for a claim as town.
Hayker wrote:
RobCapone wrote:
Hayker wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:
RobCapone wrote:this makes no sense whatsoever
Oh, it makes perfect sense. But we'll get to that later.
Please get to this now before you have time to make a case.
welcome to the game, this is your first post in 3 days and that is all you comment on?

god I hate lurkers

I'm making a bigger post as I speak. I wanted to get the smaller post out of the way because I forget things easily.
The post that follows... and then nothing.

And Wiki gives us nothing but a request to our faces.

Simply put, Sub can wait. Wiki's looking like scum, and Hayker needs to crawl back out of that rock he is under. Either one of Hayker and Wiki votes are good in my book.

VOTE: Hayker

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #23) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by Ashblade »

Ugh, Tag fail. Should be this.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #24) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by Ashblade »

The forum going down is meh and killed a lot of my time to post. (or maybe it was just me) :( I'll write it tomorrow.

However, I can't just come in without commenting on this.
RobCapone wrote:btw I am going to bed, if I wake up to being L-1 I will hammer myself as town and not bat an eye lash.

my record already shows I will do it, so remove this wagon on me or be prepared for the most epic fail of all times.

Really. Really.

There's nothing I loathe more than a self hammering townie. If you're scum maybe you can get away with it, but... just... :igmeou:

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #25) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:49 am

Post by Ashblade »

GreyICE wrote:
Ashblade wrote:There's nothing I loathe more than a self hammering townie. If you're scum maybe you can get away with it, but... just... :igmeou:
Dude, PLENTY of good reasons to self-hammer as scum. Screw with their heads, it's all about screwing with their heads.

In every game I've ever read, I've only ever seen one good self-hammer from town, and one good self-vote (the self-vote was in LyLo, and was totally epic).
Why I said when you're scum you maybe can get away with it. I know and have hammered myself as scum once myself.

Town self hammers are rarely ever good things to do though.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (isolation #26) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:35 am

Post by Ashblade »

Working on it. Be up in a couple minutes.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (isolation #27) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:56 am

Post by Ashblade »

GreyICE wrote:There's questions I care to answer from scum?

Ashblade, not saying you haven't found scum, but my god that was such a scumpost. Hey Subsy, if there's so little "town" motivations for my behavior, shouldn't your vote be on me? Or are you just casting suspicion around on people who are pushing your wagon?
I'll take what I can get. My read changed. Seems the wagon died completely on Sub as well. I'm not saying I abide by the fallacy "too scummy to be scum" but there's a point where someone's going to start to want blood. The biggest thing on his case is his shit play, and I at least see the town push in his attacks.
GreyICE wrote:
bvoigt wrote:...
The world will rejoice if you add some damn content to this thread.

Your ISO is failure, absurdity and one liners.
Agreed.
Papa Zito wrote:Ashblade's was 100% hurp durp
*shrugs* I can agree with that. My explanation was in the pregame, didn't want to wait, thought EA was being cute and scummy, and bandwagoned him although it was pathetic anyway. Heck I wanted to see if we were actually going to get anywhere with it. The fact it went to L-1 and completely deflated though.. but I'll bring that up later in this post.

The sub wagon was joined because he seemed awful, his cases were herp derp, and he felt legitimately flailing. When I got the explanation why
I felt he could possibly be town but wanted to sit on it, and low and behold his responses after it sound more like rookie/newbie townie.
Papa Zito wrote:Erratus Apathos (6):
RobCapone
Ashblade
GreyICE
Bill McQuill
Barry Allen
, wikkiden
subgenius (L-2):
GreyICE
Ashblade
RobCapone
Barry Allen
Bill McQuill

RobCapone, Ashblade, GreyICE, Barry Allen, Bill McQuill

Gawd that's terrible.
...wow. I knew Barry was there but dammmmmmmmmmmmn. However, Zito really is town here, sure he isn't 'explaining' but his results are there.

And... now for this.
RobCapone wrote:btw I am going to bed, if I wake up to being L-1 I will hammer myself as town and not bat an eye lash.

my record already shows I will do it, so remove this wagon on me or be prepared for the most epic fail of all times.
RobCapone wrote:
Claim tracker

Your reaction to this doesn't match up to me... or maybe it does in the "epic fail" department. You said yourself though that that wagon was crap and you threatened to hammer yourself and claimed anyway... whatever.

@Zito, I like your Bill wagon, and you can consider me an honorary member, but there's one tiny problem with me going there. Barry. If this wagon goes through, would be on every wagon that hasn't claimed yet. I personally find him more suspicious than Bill right now even though Bill's lurking.

Hayker is probably going to end up getting prodded out, sooooo
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Barry

Case to follow shortly.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (isolation #28) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Ashblade »

Let's begin. ISO #5 and #6 from Barry I've already talked about. He's being caution and what I felt he was going to be going all over the place/cautious. Now the rest have further kept that going but some things stick out (at least to me).

Papa Zito wrote:Erratus Apathos (6):
RobCapone
Ashblade
GreyICE
Bill McQuill
Barry Allen
, wikkiden
subgenius (L-2):
GreyICE
Ashblade
RobCapone
Barry Allen
Bill McQuill

RobCapone, Ashblade, GreyICE, Barry Allen, Bill McQuill

Gawd that's terrible.
This wagon chart.

and this post.
Barry Allen wrote:A lot has happened since I was last on thread...let me do this first, as I already promised to do some serious thinking about my sub case...

VOTE: UNVOTE

Subs - you didn't convince me with the "No YOU are" posts...but again two things nagged at me. First was knowing you were using that old guide, which really explained your posts and made it plausible that you were playing with less actual playing experience than would seem likely given when you joined the site. The second is now even more apparent to me...the only other vote for you is from Bill, and I've been looking very dimly at Bill for some time (first trying to choose between Bill and wikki, and later Bill and you).

As to where to put my vote...

Bill - for some time I've said that if I didn't have my vote on Subs I would be looking at you...unless the Rob case takes over in my thoughts, I will stay with this...

VOTE: VOTE Bill

Rob - Your explanations regarding lurking and how you separate "active" lurking from "clueless" lurking, and "town" lurking from "scum" lurking just keeps getting more and more convoluted. For someone who is so certain about lurking being a scumtell that it's in your sig, you suddenly seem to be giving a lot of elbow room to some lurkers over others...and it doesn't seem to make sense. For now my vote is on Bill - but I'm also catching up on 3-4 pages of thread and as I re-read it we'll see if it stays there or shifts your way.
He didn't vote Rob, but he kept his options verrrrrrrrry open to switch to him should he look any scummier to him.

Not only that, but his caution of sub's vote after EA left it was shown in ISO #28. What I love thought is his comment of a quickhammer at L-2. AFTER someone unvoted saying there was something better.
Bill's vote isn't enough to take my own vote off you, but it is enough that I want to hear more before we do a quickhammer here.
Note, he felt uneasy at this time as well and his comment about Bill's vote was "if this is negative, sorry, but you seem scummy for it."

So... not trying to step on toes? check
caution? check
keeping his options open? check
sheep? check

Conclusion: I'm very happy with this vote.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #29) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Ashblade »

Hiraki, we get it. You think he's scum. Try taking the tunnel vision off for two seconds and realize that we don't even have to worry about it right now. You said it yourself you don't lynch PRs unless they can be proven to be scum and I'm pretty sure Rob can be proven to be scum later on.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (isolation #30) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Ashblade »

If he's scum anyway. Also, hi Barry.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (isolation #31) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Ashblade »

Hi guys, I'm around but I'm actually waiting for another day before I respond to Barry. Mostly because I'm waiting to see Bill's response that's suppose to be happening today. Spoilers though on Barry, I still think he's scum. Unfortunately Bill's more scum if he doesn't start talking soon.
penpen wrote:I just confirmed in on my first official Newbie game yay!
Good for you. Maybe you'll learn how to play for here (which is back asswards but etc)
bvoigt wrote:OK...penpen is looking like one of those players who always survives to endgame because the town won't lynch him, and scum won't NK him. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to tell you right now that if we were both in 3-person LyLo, I would vote for him (assuming nothing drastic happens, but you know what I mean). We're going to have to lynch him eventually, so why not today?
Ah the price to play with a newbie VI.

BTW Hayker's probably getting replaced. I'm really hoping we get a better person for that slot.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (isolation #32) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by Ashblade »

subgenius wrote:
bvoigt wrote: We're going to have to lynch him eventually, so why not today?
I'd say the obvious answer is that penpen's flip would give us literally no new information if it turns out he's town. I think this is the lazy way to go, and we'd be far better off lynching someone who people have built cases against and actually looks scummy.
By the way, good answer. I agree.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (isolation #33) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:27 am

Post by Ashblade »

And time's up.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Bill

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (isolation #34) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:57 am

Post by Ashblade »

The reasons I actually still think Barry is scum is interesting, in fact it doesn't exactly have that much to do with my case anymore, but more of his reaction to it. He explained some of it to my satisfaction (like not reading a post before he posted, I could see that happening). But then he called it a counter wagon to Rob's.

and then made this gem of a post.
Barry Allen wrote:As for not voting Ashblade or PenPen - I also do not believe in OMGUS votes. If you will note my original vote on EA was based in part on the OMGUS, and in part on claiming there was a case posted when in fact that wasn't a real case (at least not from my read). So to summarize: Yes I think this looks like a counterwagon, and no I'm not OMGUS'ing or voting a role claim even though that would be easy to do. I'm leaving my vote on someone I've suspected of being scum for quite some time, and I am comfortable with leaving my vote there.
Counterwagons are usually scum biased if another is scum... just... :?

...however the more I think about it (had all of last night to do so and I read your reply post to my case just this morning) the more I actually could see someone town writing this... so meh.

Also Bill's failed to do anything remotely useful.
Papa Zito wrote:If you can call Bill pro-town after what he's done thus far this game then Cirque du Soleil has a place for you.
lololololol

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (isolation #35) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:05 am

Post by Ashblade »

RobCapone wrote:I'm not dumb enough to out a PR

sorry you don't beleive me but I AM the tracker and I am not mafia.
Hell, even if you were mafia the only thing you'd do unless you were insanely lucky is telling us that the mafia already knows another role exists.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (isolation #36) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Ashblade »

bvoigt wrote:
RobCapone wrote:hey bvoight, when can we expect more content from you instead of you just cherry picking things to talk about?
When penpen logs in and answers my questions.
You're probably getting your hopes up but hey. We'll see.

I really don't think Grey was "flip flopping" on me, but him still refusing to answer the questions is getting ridiculous. This isn't the town Grey I remember. I mean even admitting he was wrong would be better than what he is doing, so why do it? Also bvoigt is trying and failing to push a newbie and currently VI to do stuff, and Bill isn't here. Any of these 3 can hang right now and I'd be happy about it.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (isolation #37) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Ashblade »

Can't say I disagree with that hammer, but I felt 1 more day would have been best. Oh well.

Anyway, night everyone.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1244 (isolation #38) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:00 am

Post by Ashblade »

bvoigt wrote:Remember when everyone got irritated because I wanted to lynch penpen?
The case was purely because he was a VI. VIs aren't always scum.

I'm a little bitter that I had Barry (wrong alignment though), but otherwise most of my scum reads weren't great. I'm also never letting people talk me out of a Zito town read again.

One question, why did I die? When I found out who the mafia really were it kind of confused me.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1245 (isolation #39) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:00 am

Post by Ashblade »

Also, this was a fun game for the 1 day I was alive, thanks for running Dekes.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1247 (isolation #40) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Ashblade »

Oh, Barry killed me. LOL, no wonder I died.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1262 (isolation #41) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:34 am

Post by Ashblade »

Dekes wrote:
Ashblade wrote:Oh, Barry killed me. LOL, no wonder I died.
Sorry, I mixed up Barry and Bill. You were in fact the mafia kill and I fixed it in the other post.
I see. Well I repeat the question. Why myself? I thought there were much better mafia targets when I saw who was the scum team.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1263 (isolation #42) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Ashblade »

RobCapone wrote:Maybe I'm reading it wrong but i think a good part of the dead thought you were scum until it was revealed you were mason

so what do you think?

@mod - I was at L-2 and I have been hammered without being allowed to claim on this site before

I'm a very paranoid player and I felt that there was nothing I could say to get the wagon off me. If I had gotten to L-1, scum would have hammered me IMO.

My wagon came out of nowhere and was based on nonsense

l-2 in an hour is OMG I'm fucking dying man.
Eh, I thought you were pretty town until you made your hammer threat. Then again I'm not sure I'm the best person to go by.

I still wish in hindsight we had that one more real time day before the Grey hammer. It really would have paid off imo.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1267 (isolation #43) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Ashblade »

mozamis wrote:
Ashblade wrote:Oh, Barry killed me. LOL, no wonder I died.
we killed you (the highly skilled trio of penpen, barry and myself LOL) because you hadnt fingered any of us. There was no trail back to us. That was the idea anyway. Basically, you were neutral. If we'd killed papa, which was plan b, the feeling was that me or barry would look EVEN MORE dodgy than we already did.
I still say we should have kept Rob and Hiraki alive though. Whilst they were ripping the shit out of each other, i thought scum had a chance.
Still, yet another awful game by me.
Sorry pod and Agar.
But well played pod!
Ah. Well, actually killing Zito probably would have been a better idea at the time since not very often town doesn't bother to read to dead, but otherwise I can agree with the sentiment, and it worked for all of you guys during day 2.

Anyway, GG.

Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1286 (isolation #44) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Ashblade »

Ah yeah, that mason QT reminded me of my rotten day 1. I've noticed a lot that my day 1 play is usually... really shitty and it takes me a while to get into a better groove. Day 2 is when I pick up steam.

I kind of knew I was playing like shit when night fell too, which is also slightly surprising why I died by the mafia.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”