A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by zoraster »

Eddard Stark wrote:
Benmage wrote:
MOD
If you modded a game, and put in a post restriction role and the person PURPOSELY broke said post restriction. Would you modkill them?
If a PR was in this game and was to be broken the intent behind the post would have to be judged by the moderating team. In the event we felt a player had purposely broken a PR to gain an advantage a modkill would be considered and likely carried out.
Mod
If you passed the sentence, would you swing the sword?
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by Mikujin »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Hascow, you couldn't possibly have missed this:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Nice choice, hascow is probscum. That old role might be the inspiration that gave him the idea that he could get away with a lot of nonsense by faking a post restriction.

I WANT TO SEE
HASCOW
BREAK THE POST RESTRICTION IN HIS NEXT POST.
Break it, break it now. And make it worthwhile.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Benmage wrote:DGB STFU. If it was true you're asking for a neutral survivor modkill...goddamn.
Who sayz? Mods don't modkill for a post restriction fail.
You know what, trying to outguess the mod's PR penalties while simultaneously making an asinine demand is unacceptable.
vote DrippingGoofBall

I'm led to believe you're not as absolutely insane as this seems, so I hope you smarten up.

Preview Edit:
Eddard Stark wrote:
If a PR was in this game and was to be broken the intent behind the post would have to be judged by the moderating team. In the event we felt a player had purposely broken a PR to gain an advantage a modkill would be considered and likely carried out.
Especially given the mod's input, continuing to demand he break his PR is further demand for suicide which in and of itself is not a town behavior. I stand by my vote.
raise Benmage

For actually being sane enough to realize how silly DGB is being.
Douchebags get kind of a bad rap. They provide a useful service.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

zoraster wrote:
Eddard Stark wrote:
Benmage wrote:
MOD
If you modded a game, and put in a post restriction role and the person PURPOSELY broke said post restriction. Would you modkill them?
Mod
I LOLLED
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by xvart »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
xvart wrote:MoI expanded in post 84, but the question now is why all the bravado on how solid Benmage's observation was about how VIs can destroy town chances later in the game? And why wasn't it mentioned that you don't actually support lynching VIs unless they are scummy?
As stated before … the point I was reinforcing (which was not intended to be Benmage’s rant) was not that VIs should be immediately lynched but that VIs who play scummy and are left for the end of the game based solely on the “he’s a VI” are a danger to Town regardless of their alignment.

Do you disagree with my stance? I can show you examples of VIs who were Town submarining Town in endgame and also examples of VIs who were Scum who managed to skate through to the end and win just using the VI Shield.
I do not have an opinion on when VIs should be lynched regardless of alignment behavior. There is only one person I would actively advocate for a lynch based on VI behavior, and he is not in this game. But your willingness to provide examples of town VI killing the town endgame and VI scum winning in endgame is strange based on your first stated premise not to lynch VIs immediately. Where do you draw the line and when should those people be lynched?
zoraster, 359 wrote:
zoraster wrote:
Raivann wrote:Re governor: how about raising a sensible vanilla townie read? I'm thinking chess or shadow.
It gives the scum one more PR to deal with.

...chess is dead. I assume we can't raise him.
Nevermind. I'm dumb.
Can you elaborate on why you thought cheeskid was dead other than "dumbness"?
Shadow1psc, 362 wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:Protip: If people want to believe you are vanilla, let them.
Obviously, BUT, that was a roundabout way of pointing out that it's stupid to try and fish out a vanilla to pin it to, because everyone (smart) is either gonna claim vanilla, or stay quiet, and in either case narrow down the pool of people scum should be shooting.
I'm not following this conversation. What does being smart and claiming vanilla have to do with anything and how are they comparable?
danakillsu, 364 wrote:
@xvart
I found DGB's arguments more solid and convincing. What's your issue here, anyway? This just seems like a weird buddying of Zoraster. I should try to remember that if either of you flips scum.
You found DGBs argument about anyone voting to Raise more compelling? She said she would vig anyone who self raises compared to zoraster's explanation for why self raising is worthless? And that is a weird sort of buddying, one that makes no sense at all sense if you are suggesting I am buddying by trying to get someone raised that in reality has no chance of getting raised and... it makes no sense, especially since I am not fond of zoraster's posting and have not advocated for him as town.

Is hascow posting in the code that was laid out or is it just posting? Is someone bothering to decode it if it is because I am just ignoring all of his posts outside of the votes.
Magua, 381 wrote:
Unraise: Twilight Sparkle

Raise: Percy
Based on what? Your only Raise before this was your first post, and if Percy had done anything to warrant a Raise you would have changed it prior to him needing to be prodded and his announcement or being sick so limited content.
Eddard Stark wrote:
Benmage wrote:
MOD
This only adds to my feelings I stated about Faraday as a mod and having ambiguous things/mechanics/outcomes in his game.
Mikujin wrote:Preview Edit:
Eddard Stark wrote:
Especially given the mod's input, continuing to demand he break his PR is further demand for suicide which in and of itself is not a town behavior. I stand by my vote.
You need to explain how hascow proving he has a post restriction gives him an advantage, which is what is worthy of a modkill.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Raivann »

Feysal wrote:Yet another catch-up post from me. Somehow, every time I reach my last post, the thread has grown by another page or two, or three.

I do not like Raivann in #279. The way he described Song of Ice and Fire's post as scummy was just nitpicking at inconsequential things. The only good point he had was about Song liking Benmage, but not knowing what a VI was.

MoI seems to be implying that GreyICE is a village idiot, and there would be nothing wrong with him being vigged. Kinda harsh, but I have to admit that GreyICE is not impressing me with his play. His initial strong stance on what to do with the governor power made me think he was town, but his posts are getting worse. Like that vote on Mikujin for being apologetic. He was prodded, that is why he posted and apologized. This is another bad case from GreyICE.

DGB is seriously confusing me this game. She is making her lists like I've come to expect, but I'm getting a feeling that she is more eager than usual to argue, and some of her comments have felt unusually sarcastic. I don't know what this is yet, but I'm not getting a town feel from her.

I continue to have a scummy feel about diddin. However I will not put a vote there yet, sorry Chesskid.
I will finish reading the thread first, then vote, and I will have to ISO read him too.

Shadow, in response to your #329, I was not criticizing you when I said you had not done much scumhunting. I'm acutely aware that I haven't yet done much of that either. I was simply explaining what I had a town read on you for.
How very townie of you, and you even let us all know about too! Vey townie like behaviour indeed!
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

xvart wrote:
Shadow1psc, 362 wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:Protip: If people want to believe you are vanilla, let them.
Obviously, BUT, that was a roundabout way of pointing out that it's stupid to try and fish out a vanilla to pin it to, because everyone (smart) is either gonna claim vanilla, or stay quiet, and in either case narrow down the pool of people scum should be shooting.
I'm not following this conversation. What does being smart and claiming vanilla have to do with anything and how are they comparable?
How is this in any way a question you should be asking?
Nobody has claimed. Someone was of the opinion that shadow and I were VTs, and because of this suggested us as Hands. I don't know where you got from that that we claimed, but I would love to see it.
Unvote

Vote: Xvart

Satisfy me.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:16 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

But I believe hascow is faking the restriction.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

DrippingGoofball wrote:But I believe hascow is faking the restriction.
If you are right he can't exactly back down now as he will be instantly lynched.
If you a wrong then he would be playing against his wincon to break the restriction.

I don't see him giving up either way.

If you really think he's faking push a wagon on him. Town has ZERO reason to fake that sort of PR.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

hmm that's untrue
one of these days I am going to play a whole game with only quoting people and votes/unvotes. >_>
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:29 pm

chesskid3 wrote:hmm that's untrue
one of these days I am going to play a whole game with only quoting people and votes/unvotes. >_>
1. Specify what's untrue.
2. I'd welcome that game, if only to watch the reaction.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Town has ZERO reason to fake that sort of PR.
This is untrue
would have to fake that as a PR, because otherwise people will be all like
post words asshole
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Okay, this behavior is totally fucking antitown. Look at the options DGB wants to hand to a town-hascow:

1) Break a real post restriction deliberately, incite modkill. Day ends, we lose our lynch
2) Hascow doesn't break the restriction, DGB insists we lynch him. He flips town, day ends.

@DGB
- are you sure enough that Hascow is scum that you would be willing to be lynched tomorrow if he flips town?

P.S. I've had my vote three serious places so far. I'm really content with all three of them. My scumreads just get scummier. :D
Call me the village idiot, Benmage, but I think I'm getting results, while you rant and moan about policy lynching the world.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:32 pm

chesskid3 wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Town has ZERO reason to fake that sort of PR.
This is untrue
would have to fake that as a PR, because otherwise people will be all like
post words asshole
I don't want get into a huge debate more suited to Mafia Discussion but you are wrong. There is no Pro-Town reason to fake a Post Restriction of the kind Cow is displaying.

There may be Lulz reasons or Trolling reasons. None of them are Pro-Town.

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

You didn't say pro-town.

Also we are NOT lynching Hascow becauaes of some DGB bullshit.
Diddin and BL are good votes for now. Hascow's posting has been good so far, what of it I can understand. Maybe it will be beneficial to vig him in a few days, but seriously when you get in a barfight do you punch the crippled guy in the face?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by Magua »

diddin wrote: By the way, what is your opinion/defense of your contradiction that I caught?
I assume you are referring to this:
diddin wrote:
Magua wrote:GreyICE is town.

Pretty sure Shadow is town.
Die self-contradicting scum. Unvote Vote: Magua
My suspicion of you is not based on you having a townread, it is based on you having a townread on DGB, something that literally no one else does, and that I find to be more than a little incomprehensible. When I call you on it, instead of backing up *why* you find DGB to be a townread, you make a sarcastic comment of "ITT having townreads is scummy", even though that's obviously not what I said.
xvart wrote:
Magua, 381 wrote:
Unraise: Twilight Sparkle

Raise: Percy
Based on what? Your only Raise before this was your first post, and if Percy had done anything to warrant a Raise you would have changed it prior to him needing to be prodded and his announcement or being sick so limited content.
Twilight Sparkle has stated that they would throw the governor away. That's a terrible use of the governor, so I have no further desire for them have it.

Next on the list of people who I think having the governor would be helpful in reading is Percy, so it's really the same reason as I raised Twilight Sparkle in the first place.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:05 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I wouldn't mind having governor either, btw. Haven't seen anything supercool from Percy, though if you're trying to give governor to a nullread, that makes sense.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Mikujin »

xvart wrote:You need to explain how hascow proving he has a post restriction gives him an advantage, which is what is worthy of a modkill.
Wait what? I'm not trying to imply it is somehow advantageous for him to have a restriction. I'm saying it's scummy of DGB to attempt to issue an ultimatum to him simply because he has one.
Douchebags get kind of a bad rap. They provide a useful service.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

xvart wrote:Is hascow posting in the code that was laid out or is it just posting? Is someone bothering to decode it if it is because I am just ignoring all of his posts outside of the votes.
:evil: :cry:
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by zoraster »

hey, cow.... can you do this one?

:P
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:57 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 1.11

Mikujin (2) Locke Lamora, Danakillsu
xvart (2) Song of Ice and Fire, chesskid3
LynchMePls (1) DrippingGoofball
GreyICE (3) LynchMePls, Nexus, Shadow1psc
Song of Ice and Fire (2) Raivann, Twilight Sparkle
diddin (4) Magua, MagnaofIllusion, xvart, Zdenek

danakillsu (1) Benmage
Magua (1) diddin
Kast (1) Zoraster
Hasdgfas (1) Bunnylover
Xtoxm (1) Hasdgfas
Zoraster (1) GreyICE
Drippinggoofball (1) Mikujin

Not voting (4) Percy, Xtoxm, Feysal, Kast

With 25 alive it takes 13 to lynch.

Raise Count 1.11

Locke Lamora (1) Locke Lamora
Hasdgfas (1) Feysal
Twilight Sparkle (5) Bunnylover, xvart, LynchMePls, Zdenek, GreyICE

DrippingGoofball (1) Danakillsu
Danakillsu (1) chesskid3
Benmage (5) Benmage, Song of Ice and Fire, MagnaofIllusion, diddin, Mikujin
Magua (1) Hasdgfas
Percy (1) Magua
Shadow1psc (1) Raivann
Not raising (8)Nexus, Percy, Xtoxm, Zoraster, Twilight Sparkle, DrippingGoofball, Kast, Shadow1psc

With 25 alive it takes 13 to raise someone

*Any mistakes in the votecount PLEASE point them out. God knows it'd not be the first time I made a mistake.
* Song of Ice and Fire will be replaced unless she can post before I find said replacement.
* Nexus is V/la
Also vote count 10 needs to be fixed. I'll do that in a second.
* Deadline countdown is here
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:59 am

Post by chesskid3 »

cmon xvart
I want to get back on the glorious diddin wagon
but I need answers man
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:29 am

Post by LimMePls »

Raivann wrote:Re governor: how about raising a sensible vanilla townie read? I'm thinking chess or shadow.
It gives the scum one more PR to deal with.
This is BAD.

Unvote
Vote: Raivann

How did you propose we'd know who was VT? How do you know these two in particular are VT?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:37 am

Post by LimMePls »

zoraster wrote:
Eddard Stark wrote:
Benmage wrote:
MOD
Mod
FOS: zoraster
. He's Eddard Stark... useless question is useless. :lol:
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:38 am

Post by LimMePls »

Mikujin wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Hascow, you couldn't possibly have missed this:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Nice choice, hascow is probscum. That old role might be the inspiration that gave him the idea that he could get away with a lot of nonsense by faking a post restriction.

I WANT TO SEE
HASCOW
BREAK THE POST RESTRICTION IN HIS NEXT POST.
Break it, break it now. And make it worthwhile.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Benmage wrote:DGB STFU. If it was true you're asking for a neutral survivor modkill...goddamn.
Who sayz? Mods don't modkill for a post restriction fail.
You know what, trying to outguess the mod's PR penalties while simultaneously making an asinine demand is unacceptable.
vote DrippingGoofBall

I'm led to believe you're not as absolutely insane as this seems, so I hope you smarten up.

Preview Edit:
Eddard Stark wrote:
raise Benmage

For actually being sane enough to realize how silly DGB is being.
Why is it "unacceptable"?

V/LA on weekends
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:47 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

GreyICE wrote:
@DGB
- are you sure enough that Hascow is scum that you would be willing to be lynched tomorrow if he flips town?
YES.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”