Newbie 1060: It's a Murder Mystery (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.05mammut (2) - snowjorden, Primate
snowjorden (2) - GreyICE, Mhi200
GreyICE (1) - Voidedmafia
Primate (1) - mammut
Sarg338 (1) - mb53
Zensei (1) - Sarg338

Not Voting (1) - Zensei

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Friday, March 4, 2011 at 11:59 PM EST (UTC-5).
Mhi200
Mhi200
Townie
Mhi200
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Mhi200 »

snowjorden wrote:And, finally; "dying on day one as a townie is not a very big loss to the town tbh." It's only very likely to happen when people take this stance towards playing the game (and due to the numbers) and would rather just lynch someone instead of trying to lynch SCUM. In reality, it's a VERY big deal to the town, as you usually end up losing 2 people in the first two phases of the game. That's a big deal. To say it's not a big deal, that almost comes off like you are pushing for a mis-fire lynch with the reasoning that "it's okay, we'll get it back later." When in reality ..in such a small game, that kind of thinking could be horribly detrimental to the outcome.
You seemed to conveniently missed
Mhi200 wrote:(and is very li
(k)
ely to happen either way)
With the meaning that lynching a townie is a 7/9 chance(excl. Nolynch), which will help us get reads by gauging reactions.

By the way, http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... reviations
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Well, it seems that there is a pretty useless bandwagon on Mammut, at least so long as he's absent. Snow's vote might not do much, and Primate's vote is pretty must lost since he's gone.

Still, I'm not entirely sold on Snow's wagon either. Call me what you will, but I've just not been able to focus on this a lot lately. I will still
unvote GreyICE
since not only does my vote seem to be useless, but he's been making my read on him pinwheel as of late.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
snowjorden
snowjorden
Townie
snowjorden
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by snowjorden »

Mhi200 wrote: You seemed to conveniently missed
Mhi200 wrote:(and is very li
(k)
ely to happen either way)
So ..I'm guessing you "conveniently missed" ...
snowjorden wrote:It's only very likely to happen when people take this stance towards playing the game (and due to the numbers) and would rather just lynch someone instead of trying to lynch SCUM.
Because, I completely addressed what you said. Lol.

And, thanks for the list of mafia game common abbreviations. Haha.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Spoiler:

Also, just in case anyone asks, I have been keeping up with the thread. I hope I'll be clearheaded enough to accept any requests tomorrow.

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:29 pm

Post by Primate »

Sorry, I've been a bit lax on my posting, I'll catch up throughout today in bits.
GreyIce wrote:Second, I wanted to see how the rest of the town reacted. Primate ignored me. Fair enough, I wasn't doing anything that he needed to respond to, and he didn't respond. I'll push that, but the IC is the IC, and he'll do what he does.
Sorry, I thought I responded to you, what did I miss? You shouldn't assume I'm working on any greater level than the rest of you.

Not sure how to read Snowjordan. I dislike his statement in #112 because he's trying to paint lynching him as this terrible thing, and I didn't feel it was necessary. Also I think it's a little odd that someone who doesn't know the amount of players in the game would assume there is a scum roleblocker, but that's probably nothing.

In that post I also object to him trying to paint the the fact that some people find him scummy as a personal eccentricity of his dubious. His attitude to the greyice vote in general is a little bit poor as well, the fact he's belittling it instead of treating it seriously is scummy, imho.

I think generally mhi calling him very defensive was pretty much on the money, but his interactions with mb53 have generally been ok. It's just it seems that whenever anyone attacks him he overreacts, sometimes obviously disingenuously (look at the way in #123 he reacts to mhi, saying he hasn't been defensive because he hasn't been *really* defensive).

The reason I'm not sure how to react to this is whilst normally I would view it as scummy, over defensiveness like this is one of the hallmark new player tells, and I'm not really getting anything other than that off of him, so I'm going to reserve judgement on that one for a little while.
snowjorden
snowjorden
Townie
snowjorden
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:37 pm

Post by snowjorden »

Primate wrote:Also I think it's a little odd that someone who doesn't know the amount of players in the game would assume there is a scum roleblocker, but that's probably nothing.
When I was thinking the numbers were 2 scum and 3 town, I'd have guessed the scum roles were night kill and role block. Now that I'm up to speed and realize we aren't playing a 5 person game (seems so dumb to me now), I'd think there's probably more like 3 scum, which means probably still night kill and role block, but add in a recruiter maybe?

I dunno. I was just going with the most obvious.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Post by GreyICE »

snowjorden wrote:
Primate wrote:Also I think it's a little odd that someone who doesn't know the amount of players in the game would assume there is a scum roleblocker, but that's probably nothing.
When I was thinking the numbers were 2 scum and 3 town, I'd have guessed the scum roles were night kill and role block. Now that I'm up to speed and realize we aren't playing a 5 person game (seems so dumb to me now), I'd think there's probably more like 3 scum, which means probably still night kill and role block, but add in a recruiter maybe?

:neutral: IoA setup speculation. Woah boy.

I think it's fair to say
at a minimum
he hasn't read the thread.

Snow, read the rules at the start of the thread, then get back to me. I'm not moving my vote, but at least we can have a semi-sane lynch today.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:26 pm

Post by Primate »

snowjorden wrote:

The setup for this game is listed in the third post of this thread.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:09 am

Post by Equinox »

Zensei is getting prodded.
Sarg338
Sarg338
Goon
Sarg338
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Sarg338 »

snowjorden wrote:

Seriously? The 4 possible setups are at the very beginning of the thread. Please get associated with the rules :/
snowjorden
snowjorden
Townie
snowjorden
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:11 am

Post by snowjorden »

GreyICE wrote: :neutral: IoA setup speculation. Woah boy.
You really are grasping.
Sarg338 wrote:Seriously? The 4 possible setups are at the very beginning of the thread. Please get associated with the rules :/
Yep, just re-read it that post. Cool ..so there's at most 2 scum. Cool.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:01 am

Post by GreyICE »

Really man? I wasn't born yesterday.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

snowjorden wrote:
GreyICE wrote: :neutral: IoA setup speculation. Woah boy.
You really are grasping.
Sarg338 wrote:Seriously? The 4 possible setups are at the very beginning of the thread. Please get associated with the rules :/
Yep, just re-read it that post. Cool ..so there's at most 2 scum. Cool.
Spoiler:

Can someone PLEASE explain what's with this attitude?!

You don't just blow off not knowing the setup for the game when everyone else has known it FROM THE VERY BEGINNING!

HoS: Snowjorden

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

EBWOP:
I wasn't sure if it was l-2 or l-1 on him when I HoS'd him.

Vote: Snowjorden

snowjorden
snowjorden
Townie
snowjorden
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:41 am

Post by snowjorden »

Wow ..really? This is why I wasn't going to defend myself at all. What's the purpose to even trying to come up with a defense when in doing so all I've done is get more people to vote for me? Anyone.. anyone?

Lol... it's all good though guys. Keep em coming and see how much of a bad idea it is when all is said and done. I really got nothing else to say, and I'm sure this will be construed as me having an "attitude," but I'm almost at a loss as far as what to say here. Anything I've said, has done me no good. When in reality, I've said nothing out of the ordinary. I've NEVER played a Mafia game with a 3 week phase, they've only been 48 hours at the max, and excuse me for having other things going on in life and forgetting some of the things I read 6 pages ago.

But yeah ..I'm out. Cause, I really am tired of digging a bigger whole.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Spoiler:

Is that it? Just give up and go home?

Spoiler:

IF YOU'RE NOT EVEN GOING TO TRY, THEN DON'T BOTHER PLAYING IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Spoiler:

Being away does not mean you're a bad player, but if you're going to act like it's the end of your world and not even submit a defense, then you obviously aren't cut out to play, or just can't ass yourself to try, which is NOT what we need at any point in the game.

So, whether you like it or not, you're hole's already as deep as one going to China. The question is, are you going to fill the hole, or are you going to aid in it's deepening?

snowjorden
snowjorden
Townie
snowjorden
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by snowjorden »

..I didn't give up and go home. I was already at home when I posted that. :P

And, I've been bothering to play this entire time. I was saying "I'm out" as an expression. Like, ya know .."catch ya later."

So far as my hole ..well sweet, I've always wanted to visit China. Their culture intrigues me. That said, "act like it's the end of your world and not even submit a defense," ...isn't that what I've been trying to do this entire time? Isn't that what's dug this hole I got near me that leads down to China?
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

You shouldn't be acting like it's a good thing to be going to China, either!

If you want to get out of your hole, start actually REPLYING to people, and stop with this "oh, well, might as well twiddle my thumbs as they pour the soil on my coffin" mentality! Actually, stop that anyways, because it's annoying and doesn't help, period.

snowjorden
snowjorden
Townie
snowjorden
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by snowjorden »

I have replied to people, many times. And the "going to china" was a joke. Jesus christ. Lighten up.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

snowjorden wrote:I have replied to people, many times. And the "going to china" was a joke. Jesus christ. Lighten up.
Spoiler:

So says the person who's on death row.

And yes, you have been replying...replying with essentially NOTHING but FLUFF. When I say reply, I mean reply with clear points towards people that at least outline what you're doing and why they shouldn't vote beyond just saying "They'll realize their mistake"!

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

EBWOP:
Which, I might add, is pretty much the only line I can see that has any form of content from you as of late.

snowjorden
snowjorden
Townie
snowjorden
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by snowjorden »

What am I suppose to say that is a "clear point?" I'm not a big fan of breadcrumbing and I'm sure that out and out role claiming is against the rules (maybe I should check that before I say that..). It's kind of hard to make clear and decisive points, instead of just "fluff," when you can't really out and out say much. I don't know what you want me to do at this point. What I'm suppose to do, at this point.

So yeah, take it how you will. Consider it giving up. Consider it whatever the heck you want. I don't know how to reply without it being seen as "overly defensive" or "fluff" or anything else.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

snowjorden wrote:What am I suppose to say that is a "clear point?" I'm not a big fan of breadcrumbing and I'm sure that out and out role claiming is against the rules (maybe I should check that before I say that..). It's kind of hard to make clear and decisive points, instead of just "fluff," when you can't really out and out say much. I don't know what you want me to do at this point. What I'm suppose to do, at this point.

So yeah, take it how you will. Consider it giving up. Consider it whatever the heck you want. I don't know how to reply without it being seen as "overly defensive" or "fluff" or anything else.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I'm not sure what you're trying to pull here.

Spoiler:

If you respond in a calm manner and don't give off any vibes that may indicate you're slipping, I don't see why they wouuld pounce on you as overly defensive. If you reply with things that actually contribute to finding scum and helping the town, then it won't be regarded as fluff. And you can roleclaim anytime you wish, unless you're dead.

Spoiler:

I'm not sure what card you're using, if you're using anything at all, but you're showing quite a lot of ignorance in a game where you seem to have more than a bit of experience in. No matter if it's 3 people, 5 people, or 50 people in a game, you should know about roleclaiming and fluff from your previous games!

snowjorden
snowjorden
Townie
snowjorden
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by snowjorden »

Uh, and quite a few of the previous games I've played have a NO ROLECLAIMING rule...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”