The Stove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:21 am

Post by The Stove »

Dekes wrote:Wha-?

I don't think so, no.
What gave me pause was this bit:
Andrius 398 wrote:Kdub, for curiosity's sake, who are you, role wise?
Andrius 415 wrote:So yeah.
Still curious to learn what Kdub's rolename is. :/
Andrius 416 wrote:Oh cool! Just wondering and all.
danakillsu wrote:Kdub was Sayd (Enabler), co-leader of the Blue Lantern Corps. member of the Black Lantern Corps
Which made me twitch, wondering if names were required for recruitments. BUT apparently that's not the case.

The Stove is Brother Warth. Some sort of elephant guy.

Regarding the Cult, I've thrown out a bunch of semi-retarded suggestions in our QT. What it boils down to is that I really have no idea who or how, so I think our best bet is to lynch the scummiest of the group (y halo thar KageLord) and hope for the best. I'm really surprised that we don't have some form of cult-detector but maybe that's what Andrius is ultimately for.
Magna wrote:I’d like to see Stove actually check in … his lurking may just be indicative of a Black recruit who sees the writing on the wall.
Glad to know we've been missed. AGar has had some personal stuff going on, and PZ is typically not around on weekends.

And thankfully we've not been recruited. I'm not entirely sure why we haven't, but we haven't. We may have Kast partially to thank here... AGar and I both noted how he kept bandying out the whole "Stove is investigation-immune" business while he was around, which may have helped. Our VTness may have also helped.

- PZ
Tremble in fear. AGar and Zito are near.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Andrius »

I want to be here for this lynch.
When I get back from class, we're lynching the Black Recruiter.
Prepare yourselves.

Brother Warth is pretty cool too. :D
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:30 am

Post by KageLord »

Dekes wrote:
KageLord wrote:Can't argue with that. But note that my clearing of MoI was just that he couldn't be non-black scum other than Godfather (i.e. he wasn't red, orange, or non-Siniestro yellow).
And here MoI joins your suspect pool :roll:
Why could he still be black after your "clearance"? Is your investigation only be able to incriminate yellow/red/orange? Or are you claiming you have inside info that black scum are investigation immune?
Everyone but myself is in my suspect pool (there is no way for myself to 100% guarantee that anyone but myself isn't black). By process of elimination (and hoping Andy wasn't recruited earlier), my top suspects have to be Stove and MoI though (in that order). And yes, my investigation returned only that he was not red/yellow/orange as I stated when I first claimed it, I believe.
Dekes wrote:
KageLord wrote:My question was more about why he survived last night. I suppose you could be right about Kast thinking Kdub was the more dangerous of the two, which is the reason I believed to be most likely out of what I thought of, but I still don't give it a high percentage of likelihood. Kdub over Town Leader Andy?
From a yellow POV? I'm pretty sure I'd kill the person who can hand out guns to town who are people being able to kill me at night and getting confirmed as town in the process. Nice try though leaving Andy in the suspect pool.
Eh, you have a point. I guess from a yellow PoV it would be about how comfortable I felt about whether town would misvig (which is best of all for yellow, obv) or vig black.
Dekes wrote:
KageLord wrote:Tbh, no. I have 0 experience with cult mechanics and judging by the "tells" used right here, it is an awfully difficult one to tackle. If you want to continue with the idea that people were recruited for at least a day and then killed, I suppose the plan would be to check out which remaining player had certain relationships with the flipped members (and especially if there were any people that those members seemed to change opinion on, or lay off of, overnight).
Okay, another by quote by KageLord:
KageLord wrote:What? Shouldn't we, if at all possible, eliminate our enemy that
can
grow (i.e. black)? Of course, eliminating orange or red wouldn't be bad either, but the best scenario for us today is lynching black.
If you were really town interested in getting rid of black you would've at some point between this quote, which happened two weeks ago, and today trying to find anything that could help us determine who is black. The fact that you have zero speculation and/or clues as to who could be black shows very clearly that you weren't interesting in blackhunting at all, despite you claiming it should be the main priority for town.

So, last chance, because if you're town, you're losing this game for us if this is LyLo. Tell us everything about what you think of the black cult and who could be black.
If you're scum, good job on making it so far with minimal effort.
Well, that early quote was really more of me trying to get the town's actual hunters to do that. I had and have no faith in my ability to culthunt. But you have a very good point there. Don't be too hasty with the rope and hopefully I will be able to do what you asked.

I think I brought this up before, but what do you think of the possibility that black kills as it recruits (i.e. black's wincon is to gain a certain amount of members by killing them, kind of like a magic kill number for an SK) based on the flavor of Black Lanterns being dead/using dead people? Absolutely impossible? Very unlikely? Maaaaaaaaybe? Definitely possible?
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:35 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

KageLord wrote: I think I brought this up before, but what do you think of the possibility that black kills as it recruits (i.e. black's wincon is to gain a certain amount of members by killing them, kind of like a magic kill number for an SK) based on the flavor of Black Lanterns being dead/using dead people? Absolutely impossible? Very unlikely? Maaaaaaaaybe? Definitely possible?
Instead of grasping at straws looking for someone to do the work for you why didn't you do this yourself?

I'll be posting my thoughts on this theory momentarily.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
The Stove
The Stove
Goon
The Stove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:56 am

Post by The Stove »

KageLord wrote:I think I brought this up before, but what do you think of the possibility that black kills as it recruits (i.e. black's wincon is to gain a certain amount of members by killing them, kind of like a magic kill number for an SK) based on the flavor of Black Lanterns being dead/using dead people? Absolutely impossible? Very unlikely? Maaaaaaaaybe? Definitely possible?
How would that be functionally different from an SK then. I mean "YAY you're recruited oops welp you're dead" doesn't seem like a great way to get people to join your cause. Also what was this mofo doing the first couple days.

For me it's really this bit:
KageLord wrote:Night 1: No action. Too many people to effectively use any of them, I thought (plus not likely I was going to be NKed).

Night 2: No action. Same reasoning as last time with the added bonus of us having a great candidate already.

Night 3: Investigate MoI (because logic dictated he shouldn't be alive past Night 2). Got the result that he's not Red, Yellow, or Orange. This is why I later said (Day 4) that he's either telling the truth or Siniestro - Godfather.

Night 4: Protect Andy. Might have worked (or double protected if Dekes actually did get a protect through).

And there you have it. I was considering shooting tans or AGM last night, but I thought tans would die already and I figured protecting town leader was more important right now than shooting probscum.
.... plus how I had to absolutely badger you to get you to post early on.

P.S. Now that I re-read this I think the night-3 investigation was when Kage recruited MoI and found out what he was.

-PZ
The Stove
The Stove
Goon
The Stove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:08 am

Post by The Stove »

MagnaofIllusion 62 wrote:PREVIEW EDIT - Actually Dekes I think Kast's JOAT claim looks way worse than Kagelord's. In either case I think Tans has the worst claim of the three and needs the rope pronto.
MagnaofIllusion 63 wrote:I’m not sure that the first part is compelling evidence when you are considering Kagelord. He’s not a strong player so the chances of him drawing a N1 and N2 kill with the playerlist we had here wouldn’t be that significant. And although it is convenient that he had his Mad World meta at his fingertips it isn’t anything but Null IMO.

The second quote is very possible. I still would place Kage distinctly third behind Tans and Kast on the kill depth chart.
mmmhmm

Toogeloo didn't mention Kage really.
Kublai Khan wrote:Pretty sure that Kast is Black Lantern recruiter. Plus I'm pretty sure that The Stove has been recruited. Mostly for their resistance to the color claiming and then insistance that the 4/4 setup is bunk. Plus a hydra is a prime cult recruit, the recruiter would get 2 extra co-conspirators for the price of 1. Not sure on who else, possibly KageLord.
Dat's it from him.

KDub was angling for Kage-death, so in this theory he would've been recruited and killed simultaneously.

In which case we're sitting 3:2, yuck.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by Andrius »

Fuck Valentine's Day.
The Stove
The Stove
Goon
The Stove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by The Stove »

I feel like chicken tonight
Like chicken tonight
Chicken tonight

VOTE: KageLord
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Andrius »

Vote: KageLord

Three to tango, right?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:53 pm

VOTE: Kagelord

Now we wait for Dana for the awesome Victory.

The only other thing to say at this point is ...

"Across the Universe .... the Dead Shall Rise"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by Andrius »

We
have won this game. I am
Saint Walker, Enhancer of the Black Lantern Corps
. I was recruited N5, and I was really pissed off. Like, goddamn, we were so close to winning; and I knew Magna was the Recruiter after the flips because he fucking claimed bulletproof. Yes, Magna is Nekron, my liege.

I feel like I betrayed the town, though I didn't "accept" recruition. I died and was resurrected, so this isn't exactly my fault.
But still. I played ovtown; one of my better performances, and then what? It all gets taken away from me.
I hated Magna for doing this; I thought for sure we were going down.
I mean, he was ovCult, and I was ovtown. I'd never be able to push 2 mislynches on my own.
I thought it was out of sheer spite; if he was going down he'd at least take ovtown me with him.
I considered gambling and claiming Cult Recruiter through a number of means. But it would be an off-key change of play, and I had to maintain my play like I've done all game.

Overall, I wanted to win with the town. We essentially raped every scumbag the mods threw at us, until the powers-to-be turned ME into what I fought to destroy.

<3 Dekes.
And yes, I single-handedly delivered nopoint and tans to the town on a blue platter. <3 One of my best performances. :D

"The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!"
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by Andrius »

Hot damn.

Magna, can we recruit Dekes and Stove in the endgame, or..?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:02 pm

Andrius wrote:Hot damn.

Magna, can we recruit Dekes and Stove in the endgame, or..?
No clue what happens now.

Reaper and Dana will tell the tale.

I'm going to bed. I stayed up two hours past my bedtime for this.

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by Andrius »

See ya' dude.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Oh, if The Stove somehow pulled off a fake-vote gambit congratulations. I carefully examined your post and couldn't detect any flaws in the vote.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:04 pm

I'll info dump in the morning Andy.

Thanks for being such a good sport about the recruitment.

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:05 pm

Post by Andrius »

Naw its legit Vote tags.
Can't say I checked though. xD

Not a problem, though I'm pretty sure "good sport" isn't exactly what dana said when I PM'd him about my recruitment. :igemou:
The Stove
The Stove
Goon
The Stove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by The Stove »

I've written and rewritten this post many many times and I can't find anything good to say.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by KageLord »

Well... can't say I blame The Stove much. Sure the vote was quick, but I did deserve it. superlol at Dekes though. Apparently I wasn't quite as bad as I thought when I actually did say something.

Interested to hear from the mods now.
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:26 am

Post by Dekes »

Paranoia is good. Embrace the paranoia. Trust the paranoia. Believe in it.

13 scum in a 27 player game...no role to detect/prevent recruitings...that is all.

And yes, Kage you were that bad. Pressure = 0, contribution = 0, scumminess = 1000. Not immediately pressuring Kast after his JOAT claim? No way anyone was gonna believe you were a JOAT. I told you, you were gonna lose this for the town if you were indeed town. And what did you do? You kept agreeing with pretty much everything anybody said and came up with ludicrous theories (even whackier than mine). And don't act like you were onto something. When asked about you said your top suspect was The Stove and Andy being alive had nothing to do with him being black (that sounds wrong).

/bitter

GG, MoI and Andy. One fewer obvscum during D3/4/5 and MoI would've been lynched. Ah well, maybe better luck next time.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:14 am

Post by Dekes »

MoI, did you have any restrictions to recruiting? Were you really bulletproof? And are you making all of this up and you are actually having good ol' fun with your blue pal at town's cost so we can all have a laugh together after Kage has flipped black recruiter?

And one more thing for the mods: We lynch five scum in a row and have a total of seven(!) scum crosskills/deaths during the nights and we end up in LyLo where we have to lynch the black recruiter or else game over? Get outta here.

/butthurt
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:04 am

Dekes wrote:13 scum in a 27 player game...no role to detect/prevent recruitings...that is all.
There were multiple roles that could catch the Recruiter / recruits. Kdub and Andy for certain and I’m guessing Spyrex also could also do so.

Add in the fact that all three Scum factions could kill the Recruits at will (as could Kdub Blue enabled Gunmen) and the only thing I think you have a right to really bitch about was the fact that the Cult was unannounced.
Dekes wrote:GG, MoI and Andy. One fewer obvscum during D3/4/5 and MoI would've been lynched. Ah well, maybe better luck next time.
Maybe, maybe not.
Dekes wrote:MoI, did you have any restrictions to recruiting? Were you really bulletproof? And are you making all of this up and you are actually having good ol' fun with your blue pal at town's cost so we can all have a laugh together after Kage has flipped black recruiter?
Yes, I had nebulous restrictions. I could recruit both Town and Scum, but was told the individuals with ‘great will’ could resist said recruitment. I’m guessing that meant the Red and Yellow Leaders and Agent Orange. The only recruit I missed was Kast N1.

The way the QT was set-up to prevent Scum shenanigans was that prior Scum could not post in the Dead QT and thus not directly out their partners. I enjoyed all the speculation that was done about how I couldn’t recruit Scum or even Power Roles as it helped keep the heat off looking for the Cult until it was too late.

Yes, I was Bulletproof. The Flash was my Mod provided fake-claim. I suspect that at least one kill got absorbed by my BP status. I’ll be very curious to see the Mod provide Night action run-down.

danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:20 am

Post by danakillsu »

HEY! Stop spoiling the ending! I don't have time right now to write the flavor, but will soon.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:17 am

Post by danakillsu »

The darkness was lurking, confident in its power. It needed only to convince one foolish good lantern to destroy their strongest ally. After much debate, they had accomplished their goal. A majority was convinced that the champion of good was in fact a Black Lantern. But they were wrong.

And as Hal Jordan breathed his last breath as a normal human being, he wondered... would there be hope for the forces of Good? When would the prophesied Brightest Day arrive?

KageLord,
Hal Jordan (Jack of All Trades)
, leader of the
Green Lantern Corps

...has been lynched.

And suddenly, everything turned black.
Last edited by danakillsu on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:24 am

Post by danakillsu »

A sweeping black cloud envelops the entire city. People run left and right as the wispy dark columns entangle them into their aphotic embrace. Cries of terror are heard as the city is swamped by the ever-reaching grasp of doom.

The
BLACK LANTERNS
have won the game!

– MagnaofIllusion,
Scar, Bulletproof Recruiter
of the
Black Lantern Corps
, has survived and won the game!
– Toogeloo,
Fatality, Operative
in the
Black Lantern Corps
, was destroyed on Night 3, but won the game!
– Kublai Khan,
Shane Thompson, Operative
in the
Black Lantern Corps
, was destroyed on Night 4, but won the game!
– Kdub,
Sayd, Operative
in the
Black Lantern Corps
, was destroyed on Night 5, but won the game!
– Andrius,
Saint Walker, Operative
in the
Black Lantern Corps
– The Stove,
Brother Warth, Operative
in the
Black Lantern Corps
– Dekes,
Indigo-1, Operative
in the
Black Lantern Corps

Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to all who played!

Sincerely,
dana+RC
Last edited by danakillsu on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”