A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:45 am

Post by GreyICE »

zoraster wrote:Shadow is firmly on my scum detector. I don't see him trying to find scum at all, while trying to slip under the radar. Because nothing has changed from my initial scum reads, that makes LL, Kast and Shadow my scum reads. I'd love to see a wagon on any one of them.
Yep, I'm sure you would.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

Hullo, I am the new song of ice and fire.

Less ice and fire, more verily and forsooth.

I'll be doing a big honkin' replace in post at some point...unless this is 17 pages of nonsense in which case I'll just post a wall of snide remarks and other such gobbledy-gook. Overall I small sweet, have a manly beard, and desire to lynch Magna on general principle.

Have at thee thread!
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Bunnylover »

GreyICE wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
GreyICE wrote:Your case is full-retard,
Scuse me?????
Your. Case. Is. Full. Retard.

It is not a good case, it is not a good candidate for a lynch day 1, we should not be discussing it. It doesn't matter if he's town or scum, he's a good target for our namecops, one of the scum teams can always assume "Post Restriction = Power Role" and send him in as a night-kill target, anything could happen.

I'd really love if you'd stop tunneling and find someone else. Go ahead and go after me for this, at least it'll give us some more reads on you. You're tunneling someone in a way that could end this day in modkill. Sorry if I find that your behavior INSANE.
I just find this stupid.
We should not lynch a person we think is scum with a fake PR because a namecop should investigate that said person, come out the next day and out himself and announce his results, or we should just like the scum shot the person with a post restriction because we all know scum always get rid of the people we have doubt with x-x.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:13 am

Post by GreyICE »

Bunnylover wrote: I just find this stupid.
We should not lynch a person we think is scum with a fake PR because a namecop should investigate that said person, come out the next day and out himself and announce his results, or we should just like the scum shot the person with a post restriction because we all know scum always get rid of the people we have doubt with x-x.
I don't get this at all. Why would that sequence of events happen? The namecop can breadcrumb their results somewhere. We'll find the breadcrumb if they die. Come out on day 3/4 and give us a laundry list of results. Meanwhile we lose nothing by waiting except that we have to flip someone else.

I don't find the role that scummy, I don't get the focus on the PR, and I don't think that the people pushing this are acting in the town's best interest.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:16 am

Post by LimMePls »

Shadow1psc wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
Shadow1psc wrote:Ok, sorry for the lack of content yesterday, but I was sick PLUS Valentine's day PLUS the pre-release and subsequent midnight release of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 so yeah...
Do you always apologize for not posting one day? Why? Also, why did you feel the apology needed 3 excuses?
Yeah. I'm most active during the weekdays, so if I'm absent during them there's usually a reason, and I like to be courteous and explain it is all *shrug*.
This is so lame. I'm not sure if it's scummy though. The jury is still out.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:17 am

Post by LimMePls »

Raivann wrote:
Magua wrote:The user named "Song of Ice and Fire" got replaced out of a ASoIaF game. That is not a good sign for that slot.
Exactly. Why would someone named that get replaced? She was obviously stoked for this game, but got caught as scum early.
@LMP- it was from them posting they thought they were scum when they saw their role.
It was not from a green dream that gave me special knowledge.
And how does them thinking they were scum when they saw their role make them vanilla?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:19 am

Post by LimMePls »

Mikujin wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:Why is it "unacceptable"?
We don't know his alignment, and we did not at the time know what penalties might be in effect for breaking a post restriction. If hascow is town, getting modkilled simply because DGB is not acceptable without the full support of the town, which - as far as I can tell - she does not have.
ITT we learn that Mikujin does not understand how DGB operates. He also does not know what "unacceptable" really means.

V/LA on weekends
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

LynchMePls wrote:
Shadow1psc wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
Shadow1psc wrote:Ok, sorry for the lack of content yesterday, but I was sick PLUS Valentine's day PLUS the pre-release and subsequent midnight release of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 so yeah...
Do you always apologize for not posting one day? Why? Also, why did you feel the apology needed 3 excuses?
Yeah. I'm most active during the weekdays, so if I'm absent during them there's usually a reason, and I like to be courteous and explain it is all *shrug*.
This is so lame. I'm not sure if it's scummy though. The jury is still out.
If you're gonna jump on me too, I can provide examples where I do this in every game on d1, where I both a) explain what days I'm usually active and b) apologize if I am inactive for some reason. I just believe in courtesy, and nipping things at the bud. Call it over defensive if you will, but if you wanna pick that to harp on, you're missing much bigger problems.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Raivann »

Lmpp-it doesn't. Just a hunch.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:33 am

Post by chesskid3 »

oh crap it's thor.
SORRY THOR GOSH
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

MagnaofIllusion Post 348 wrote:I have played with Benmage-Town many times in the past. I feel I have a good sense of how he plays as such. His demeanour and play so far this game give me a Town read on him. And when we are Town together I’ve found we can work well.

The ‘faking a Guilty’ comment has to do with Gorrad’s recently ended Large game. Late in the game Ben, as a Cop, fake a guilty on a player he had a scum-read on. The player ended up being Town. Suffice it to say I wasn’t pleased with that play. Read the game if you like. Outside of Fate he was the only player (up until that gambit) that I trusted in terms of reads and judgement.

That gambit that blew up in his face is the source of my comment. It isn’t something that erases multiple other instances of my belief that Benmage can be a strong Pro-Town force.
To me, it read like you were taking a snipe at him as a VI and yet you had raised him after your early game rant. Your explanation tells me I read that wrong, but I am still paranoid. Can I get some games you were in with Benmage as a "Pro-Town force"?

= = = = = =
Mikujin Post 350 wrote:
Twilight Sparkle wrote:A quick skim of your ISO in Newbie 959 goes against this line of thought. I see you replaced in and even placed a player at Lynch-1. There also seems to be a number of other votes placed that goes against the whole “I like to with hold my vote” line you are touting here.

What's the difference between then and now?
Oh, I dunno, about 10 months? I've played exactly two games on Mafiascum (959 and Clash of Kings). I do play elsewhere, but I'd hardly consider play drawn from nearly a year ago relevant content - especially given that two games is hardly a sample size worth analyzing.
Okay, time has passed, so you regressed? I'm not seeing it. Although looking back at Clash of Kings I see you were scum and yet still voted early and reasonably often. A null point perhaps... I'm keeping an eye on it though. I never like overly cautious voters.

Basically what Magua said here

= = = = = =
xvart Post 403 wrote:
Magua, 381 wrote:
Unraise: Twilight Sparkle

Raise: Percy
Based on what? Your only Raise before this was your first post, and if Percy had done anything to warrant a Raise you would have changed it prior to him needing to be prodded and his announcement or being sick so limited content.
I think it is clear what Magua is doing. The fact you missed this despite it being only just discussed doesn't sit well with me. Reads fake.

= = = = = =

As far as Cow and his restriction goes my gut says he is faking it, mostly because I am having a hard time understanding what he is trying to say. I don't think the mod would cripple someone that bad for the whole game. But it's all WIFOM'y but that is easily solved by a bullet between the eyes. The best solution to it all I think.

~Sotty
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Kast »

@Zdenek-
Clarify, are you claiming that:
-I lied/mischaracterized GreyIce's behavior
-I tried push GreyIce's "negative but not scummy behavior" as if it was scummy behavior
-Something else...(elaborate)

From context you seem to think any negative judgment about another player/post, regardless of veracity, is mudslinging if it is not an indictment of that player as scum. However, you aren't applying this same criteria to similar posts by others, which makes your objection seem lazy or insincere.

@Mikujin, 401-
Is that a serious vote? It reads like you are just placing a vote to placate the mob and DGB provided the first excuse.

@DGB-
Do you actually expect Cow will break his PR? If not, how does voting/pressuring him accomplish anything?
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Kast has a scummy avatar, and it's making me unable to read him :(
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by zoraster »

As far as Cow and his restriction goes my gut says he is faking it, mostly because I am having a hard time understanding what he is trying to say. I don't think the mod would cripple someone that bad for the whole game. But it's all WIFOM'y but that is easily solved by a bullet between the eyes. The best solution to it all I think.

~Sotty
I think I have an idea who cow is (or is claiming to be) and potentially why the mods would have done it that way. I'm not sure I should reveal l it at this point because I'm not sure of my guess and it might not help town to know this early, but I'd love if cow would address my previous question to him.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

zoraster wrote:

~Sotty
I think I have an idea who cow is (or is claiming to be) and potentially why the mods would have done it that way. I'm not sure I should reveal l it at this point because I'm not sure of my guess and it might not help town to know this early, but I'd love if cow would address my previous question to him.
Are you reading the thread?
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Shadow1psc wrote:
zoraster wrote:

~Sotty
Are you reading the thread?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Kast wrote:@DGB-
Do you actually expect Cow will break his PR? If not, how does voting/pressuring him accomplish anything?
Well, he's scum faking a post restriction, what do you want me to do??? Let it pass???????
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

shadow wrote:This is a great example of Hascow just being confusing, and why it would have been pertinent to establish this sooner; There seems to be a lot of canned response going on here. Bolding for 'wtf does that even mean'
*points at Shadow's hands*

danakillsu wrote:@ hascow
Don't break your "PR" yet, if you don't want to, but in your next post, post everything you're allowed to say all at once. If you're allowed to say all of it at different times, you should be able to give us the whole list.
:eek:

*spreads arms waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out*
zoraster wrote:

~Sotty
*puts head in hands*
TS wrote:I am having a hard time understanding what he is trying to say.
*bangs head against nearest tree*
*points at Twilight Sparkle's hands*
*points at self*
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:00 pm

And I'm getting ignored by hasscum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by danakillsu »

hascow, is your PR, then, just *verb + preposition clause*, or something like that? Or are you not allowed to tell us?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Hascow is making it up as he's going along... I think he realized that the lack of internal consistency of the PR is damning and he doesn't know how to get out of it, he can only slip deeper... think about it, if there was a rule like "verb, prep, clause" hascow could say a heck of a lot more than what he's saying now.

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by Magua »

Guys. Less concentration on hasdgfas, and more concentration on finding people who are scummy.

If you think hasdgfas is scummy (DGB), that's fine. Concentrating solely on the technical points of his post restriction (danakillsu) is useless.

Also, hasdgfas, please put a vote up.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by GreyICE »

DGB, why should we be following you here?

You don't answer questions, you just run away and go tunnel the guy with the post restriction after making some fucking arbitrary lists.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I feel like everyone in this game is deliberately ignoring everything I say and it makes me sad.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Kast »

@DGB-
I get that you think cow is scum faking a post restriction; however, I don't see how demanding that he break it and getting exasperated when others don't agree with you is any different from just letting it pass. I was wondering if you had some kind of plan; but since it doesn't look like it, then it seems you'd be better off trying to convince people that cow is scum. GreyIce's post 472 is...well if you ignore the second half his initial question is valid.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”