LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:11 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

ThAdmiral wrote:Why would you derail the wagon though? She's got a scum-sounding role and a scum-sounding ability. Even if amrum does survive today she is set up for an easy lynch later down the track. It's just terrible play and completely contradicts your earlier assertion that this game needs a flip.
And how are you SO sure amrum is town in spite of everything? I don't buy it.
Ive been saying PI is town since around page five and still believe it, so yeah im going to derail a wagon on someone I think is town. That lynch would only be preferable to my strong town reads and no lynch.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:11 am

Post by LimMePls »

ThAdmiral wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:@People saying - "Test gov ability" - You do realize that most govenor abilities end the day with no lynch right? Also, not claiming if I am really govenor or not, I do like pulling this stuff to get reactions out of people when I have another role.

Basically, if you are voting amrum over the govenor thing, you should be fully prepared to see a no lynch or him lynched.
So basically you are lying scum, right? If anyone needs a bullet tonight it's you.

For everyone who didn't notice:
Amrum has not been governered, and llama is to be killed asap. Put votes back on amrum.
Gambiting != lying.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:17 am

Post by LimMePls »

Amrun wagon is almost certainly a GUARANTEED MISLYNCH. Those who pile on anyways will be heavily scrutinized.

ThAd's sudden arguments with Llama make me feel SO GOOD about my vote. Talk about super survival instincts. "Hey wait everyone, it was just a gambit, come back to Amrun wagon!!!!"

@Llama: If you think we could seriously orchestrate a gonanno lynch before deadline, I'll participate. But I think ThAd is much better.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:18 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Yeah, even without the Governor, I do not really like this lynch anymore. McCarthy, as has been said over and over, was not big on foreign policy.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:20 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

LynchMePls wrote:@Llama: If you think we could seriously orchestrate a gonanno lynch before deadline, I'll participate. But I think ThAd is much better.
Im just about the reverse. I would rather see a gonnao lynch after all this went down, but would move back to Thad to get a lynch.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:46 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Why a gonnano lynch anyway. I know a lot of people have mentioned him but what has he done that's scummy?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:47 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

I would like llama to answer that before any one else actually.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:05 am

Post by gonnano »

IP wrote:Different time period, bro.
I realize that. It was a comparison to what I would consider an equivalent situation.
Thad wrote:Quite a few people have expressed suspicion of gonnano but he has somehow escaped real scrutiny
??? Where have you been?

------------------------------------------------------
I find it hard to believe that people are finding my vote on Amrun scummy. He claimed
McCarthy
. That's as scummy as it gets.

Here's part of McCarthy's wikipedia entry:
Wikipedia wrote:The term McCarthyism, coined in 1950 in reference to McCarthy's practices, was soon applied to similar anti-communist activities. Today the term is used more generally in reference to demagogic, reckless, and unsubstantiated accusations, as well as public attacks on the character or patriotism of political opponents.[2]
This guy was so bad that his name has now become synonymous with demagogy.
Too lazy to look up demagogy? Here's what it means.
Wikipedia wrote:Demagogy is a strategy for gaining political power by appealing to the prejudices, emotions, fears and expectations of the public—typically via impassioned rhetoric and propaganda
So Amrun has claimed to be a man who is known almost exclusively for his desire to gain power by any means necessary, and who accomplished his goal largely by preying on the misconceptions of the innocent populace. And somehow I'm scummy for voting him.

Amrun's townie reaction to the apparent hammer is THE ONLY thing that is keeping me off his wagon, and I don't know that it will keep me off for long. All of the reasons he's given for his actions regarding the claim make just as much (or little) sense for scum as they do for town.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:09 am

Post by gonnano »

Apparently no one thought this was worth responding to before, so I'll post it again.

@ Llama/ anyone else who has been calling for my death:

Could I see a general overview of the points against me, along with why a scum motivation for each is more likely than the reasoning that I have given for my actions? If there's something that I haven't explained I'd be happy to do so.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:39 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Day I, Vote Count XX

Amrun - 9 -
XScorpion, Beasts of the Sea, Stephoscope, mothrax, Scott Brosius, Lowell, DavidParker, Sathoris, smargaret
ThAdmiral - 7 -
Nachomamma8, EGL, LynchMePls, GhostWriter, Amrun, Feysal, bvoigt
mothrax - 2 -
gonnano, RedCoyote
gonnano - 2-
Artem, LlamaFluff
EGL - 1 -
Furcolow
LlamaFluff - 1 -
ThAdmiral

Not Voting - 2 -
Fuzzyman, InflatablePie

With twenty-four of you alive thirteen votes will lynch. The day will end on Sunday February 20th at 9am GMT.

Fuzzyman is being replaced: Feel free to pimp this game to your friends. No one seems to be biting.

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by bvoigt »

gonnano wrote:@ Llama/ anyone else who has been calling for my death:

Could I see a general overview of the points against me, along with why a scum motivation for each is more likely than the reasoning that I have given for my actions? If there's something that I haven't explained I'd be happy to do so.
This looks like a classic case of scum being overly focused on defending himself. As LF said, if any townies have a kill tonight, please use it on gonnano.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:- If mccarthy is town I would say the game is bastard. He is clearly not pro-peace so he really shouldn't be town. [size changed]
More tomorrow.
Can you explain this, please?

#821 and #867 are extremely unconvincing cases.
Sathoris wrote:Of the two wagon's I mistrust Amrun the most. ThAd seems to eager to avoid a lynch on himself, as would anybody, but it doesn't seem toodesperate. Amrun felt he had to claim to get not lynched and messed it up a bit. The claim appears manufactured to me, going from memory to contruct a role only to later remember the inaccuracies. I'd look at my role PM again before I'd fully claim.

VOTE:
Amrun
I don't like this, either. The mistakes in the claim made it seem far from "manufactured" to me.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Also, maybe this is a bad idea, but should Amrun and Furcolow paraphrase their flavor as well?
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Sathoris »

bvoigt wrote:I don't like this, either. The mistakes in the claim made it seem far from "manufactured" to me.
Well, I've been fooled by someone claiming from memory and then changing small things back as he read his PM again.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

smargaret wrote:In that case,

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Amrun
In that case,
UNVOTE:
VOTE: smargaret[/unvote]
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

tag fail, lol

VOTE: smargaret

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Sathoris wrote:
bvoigt wrote:I don't like this, either. The mistakes in the claim made it seem far from "manufactured" to me.
Well, I've been fooled by someone claiming from memory and then changing small things back as he read his PM again.
If they're scum, how would they fakeclaim from memory?
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by Sathoris »

bvoigt wrote:
Sathoris wrote:
If they're scum, how would they fakeclaim from memory?
That's the thing, they don't. But by changing some things later they make you believe they were. Hence, I distrust it.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Sathoris wrote:If they're scum, how would they fakeclaim from memory?
That's the thing, they don't. But by changing some things later they make you believe they were. Hence, I distrust it.[/quote]

Isn't there some saying about "The simplest scenario is also the most likely"? This doesn't seem very plausible to me.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Sorry, I messed up the quotes.
Sathoris wrote:
bvoigt wrote:If they're scum, how would they fakeclaim from memory?
That's the thing, they don't. But by changing some things later they make you believe they were. Hence, I distrust it.
Isn't there some saying about "The simplest scenario is also the most likely"? This doesn't seem very plausible to me.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by Furcolow »

@feysal, question from 34:
Fahrenheit 451 is the temperature at which Soviet literature would have been burning at in America, or vice versa. It is the heat at which books burn, as far as I know, and a good book which I'm sure you know.
Feysal wrote:
XScorpion #833 wrote:Because it's pretty obvious to me that country does not have any impact on what faction you are.
And if I'm wrong and it does, then obviously he should die.
Obvious to you perhaps, not to her. If she was US and town, how should she know what other nationalities the town consists of? How should she know what nationalities the threats to the peace consist of? She had less information to work with than the non-US townies, and her theory was plausible given what she knew. On the other hand, if you were someone like Charles de Gaulle or Josip Broz Tito, you would of course know that the setup was not US versus Soviets, and you would not be jumping to a conclusion that the game was French versus Yugoslavians either.
I agree with your sentiment here, but I disagree with your message somewhat. This game may not be as simple as that. There could be people from the US who win when all other US players are eliminated, someone from the US who wins when the Soviets are eliminated, or some Soviets may win when everyone else is eliminated but their faction. I don't know what the setup is, but we cannot dismiss traitorous/survival roles unless I missed something.
smargaret wrote:I am town-aligned. I am from a capitalist country that is not the US.

The setup is not US v Soviets, and there is no way that someone as vociferously anti-Communist as McCarthy is town.
I actually want to agree with this; I nearly have to agree with this, BUT... and there is a but, what if McCarthy was a miller? I mean, he is obviously the person you would pick as a miller for this kind of game. Miller gonna mill.

Not saying I know anything with that, or that we should let Amrun off the hook because I was for a PI lynch most definitely, especially considering it faltered, before Amrun stepped into the game. Do I feel like PI slipped? No. I wanted to lynch on meta.

The point of this post, so far, has been to open your eyes and minds up to the possibilities of scenarios within this game, and not limiting ourselves as a town to black and whiteness, when there is in fact a gray area on what we know about this setup.

I encourage you all to join me in pressuring EGL's slot, as they have not been contributing, and are likely scum.
Amrun wrote:You don't believe me, so why should I believe you?

I didn't choose to be McCarthy as town. I just AM McCarthy as town.

Maybe it's capitalist vs. communist, then? Hmm.
That could be true, although I don't know if my guy was a proponent of Capitalism or not. I don't know if it is false, though. I saw a picture of my guy with Putin, so I'm assuming this
could
be true. There is just a lot of doubt about your lynch for me, which is why I have proposed a better one. We can keep you, for now, if you are good.
DavidParker wrote:Threats to peace imply there are capitalist and communist town. (And likely capitalist and communist scum, who are probably not on the same scum faction).

The amount of WIFOM going on with Amrun's claim is irritating.
irritating, yes, but we need to sift through this shit as town because we need to be ready for anything.
ThAdmiral wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:@People saying - "Test gov ability" - You do realize that most govenor abilities end the day with no lynch right? Also, not claiming if I am really govenor or not, I do like pulling this stuff to get reactions out of people when I have another role.

Basically, if you are voting amrum over the govenor thing, you should be fully prepared to see a no lynch or him lynched.
So basically you are lying scum, right? If anyone needs a bullet tonight it's you.

For everyone who didn't notice:
Amrum has not been governered, and llama is to be killed asap. Put votes back on amrum.
I like this post from the ad. I mean, I REALLY like this post. I was starting to be less sure of him, but this pressure on LlamaFluff is good, considering he was the only person I saw EGL buddying up with that could be his scum partner. Amrun/EGL/LlamaFluff wouldn't surprise me.
LlamaFluff wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Why would you derail the wagon though? She's got a scum-sounding role and a scum-sounding ability. Even if amrum does survive today she is set up for an easy lynch later down the track. It's just terrible play and completely contradicts your earlier assertion that this game needs a flip.
And how are you SO sure amrum is town in spite of everything? I don't buy it.
Ive been saying PI is town since around page five and still believe it, so yeah im going to derail a wagon on someone I think is town. That lynch would only be preferable to my strong town reads and no lynch.
However, I don't like this.
I'm going to stick with EGL, as Amrun could be an easy mislynch. If Amrun is not their teammate, I'm going to go with Smargaret. That would put 1 scum on gonnano, 1 scum on TheAd, and 1 scum on Amrun... all the major wagons. Conclusive? No, but it's a start.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by Furcolow »

flavor-wise, as far as I know, I am solidly against not going to war to the point that I can roll with the punches. to whoever asked for flavor.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by smargaret »

Furc -

1. Why give a miller a power, especially one that looks as anti-town as what Amrun has claimed? I would say Amrun is town before I would say she's a miller.
2. Your character was the leader of a communist nation, according to wikipedia.
3. Why do you assume a 3-man scumteam, especially in a game this size?

Actually, I'm not at all certain that Amrun is scum - I think it's more likely she's some sort of third party role. Notice all the third party speculation in her posts, and it would make much more sense for McCarthy to win when all the communists are dead. Either way, I am pretty convinced she's not town.

IP - I unvoted Amrun because I was under the belief she'd been governored, and I didn't want a no lynch. When Llama revealed his gambit, I put my vote back on, because Amrun was and still is the player I believe to be least likely to be town. Why does that make me scummy?
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Because I believe, like LMP said, that Amrun is a mislynch, and I don't like your hop back on the wagon.

I'd be cool with a gonnano lynch, too.

FoS: RC
for such an obvious rolefish on the last page, to the point where I'm not even sure if I should FoS because that's just plain stupid to do as scum, but there you go.

EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by EGL »

UNVOTE:
[vote: AmRun]
EXTERMINAAATE~!
EGL