GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:47 am

Post by GreyICE »

Uh, I missed the part where I have another power role at night which I rather goddamn love and is the reason I've been questioning this entire fucking setup because my role makes no sense.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:49 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

You could also claim scum now and I'll take your accusations under consideration. No shame in claiming scum to out an SK. Did it before. Almost got her lynched too but everyone derped it the fuck up. Fortunately, you have me around to make sure it DOESN'T GET DERPED THE FUCK UP >=[!

@GI: Ah, right, the day night thing.

I...actually don't really give a damn at this point. The game isn't about power roles, it's about scum hunting. We have a situation that leads to most of the scum being killed with your death. What power role justifies staying alive over lynching TWO scum with reasonable certainty?

And finally, what do you think will prevent AGM from shooting you anyway?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:59 am

Post by GreyICE »

Okay fine. This fucking hurts the town, but I have to claim it.

I'm a limited bulletproof. That's why I did the 'herp derp I'm a power role' nonsense earlier. I read the role PM, read how AKR was using a FUCKING BULLETPROOF and nearly threw my computer across the room. Maybe I drew the Night Kill last night, most likely I didn't given how fucking horrible AKR was playing day 1. So I was hoping they'd shoot me power role hunting, because the ability is fucking worthless if you're never going to eat a night kill.

But why am I any form of bulletproof? Any form at all? That's just too much power. Unless there's TWO FUCKING KILLS. I was near certain there was two killing teams when I saw the role. I was even more certain when I rolled into the thread and saw Katsuki's flip. I was positive beyond all belief there'd be two kills out of night one... and the no NK came up.

Katsuki DID get the Jailkeep in. Her ability, unlike mine and Zang's DOES work by PM. Maybe the scum team shot AGM. Maybe they shot me. Maybe there's another power role out there who can block kills.

But there's two killers. It's the only thing that makes sense.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:02 am

Post by GreyICE »

Oh, and because I realized I forgot to do this as soon as I saw that he did claim vig:

Unvote

Vote: AlmasterGM

I'm not losing our free lynch to get the scum roleblocker out of the way. The serial killer dies today, we'll lynch scum tomorrow.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:07 am

You DO realize outted SKs pretty much have to be used as vigs, right? Or get lynched. So we're going to use AGM as a vig, and NOT fucking lynch him yet, thank you GI.

Also, bulletproof isn't that fucking powerful. Get over yourself.

Hell, I've used UNTARGETTABLES in games with one kill.

Especially limited bulletproof? I have a few guesses as to how you're limited.

So, we're lynching fucking Zang, we're voting on an AGM kill, and then we figure out what the hell to do with you and AGM.

To that end, my vote is that AGM kill LMP.

(And yes, I should be working but the state of affairs in this game was distracting me)
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:20 am

Post by GreyICE »

Why are we using the SK as the vig again when he's this smart? We need two shots out of him for the town to have gained ANYTHING. At that point we'll have 2 more night kills. Chances are most of the decent players will be fucking dead, as well as at least 1 scum. So it'll be 1 scum, 1 serial killer, and what? Three mediocre townies? IN THIS TOWN? Mediocre is such an amazing range.

Almaster learned wiggling from Fate, the fucking master. He learned wiggling from the best of the best. He knows how to wiggle. He knows how to squirm. He'll be the poster boy of pro-towniness, he won't kill to preserve our lead, we lynch someone, and suddenly we're in kingmaker with a serial killer who probably has other powers. I don't trust this. I don't want this. I am not entrusting a game where I finally, FOR ONCE, CANNOT BE NIGHT KILLED, to other players when the best players outside of you and Mari is the Mariyta and Ghostwriter! Oh and that's assuming AGM doesn't come up with bullshit reasons to lynch them too, and that neither of them are fucking scum.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:26 am

Post by GreyICE »

Fine. We lynch Zang and have AGM kill LMP. AGM, feel free to test if my bulletproof is all used up blocking the night kill last night, and out yourself as entirely untrustworthy.

I'm still fucking worried. Tripod, Ghostwriter, Mariyta, CooLDoG, if any of you are alive in the endgame: HE'S NOT TRUSTWORTHY. DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM LYNCH HIM. GO READ SCUM FATE AND REALIZE WHO HE LEARNED FROM. YOU WILL LOSE US THE GAME IF HE'S NOT DEAD.

Unvote

Vote: Zang

Lets get rid of the fucking scum roleblocker.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:29 am

@GI: You underestimate me. How many times have I pulled the bullshit you suggest off as SK myself? You've read my gaming history. I know how to play third party. And I know how to get it lynched when it's usefulness has run out.

AGM is good. But you know what? I'm fucking better!!!

...GI, you fucking hammered Zang. What the hell? We were supposed to fucking vote on AGM's kill.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:34 am

Post by GreyICE »

Ugh. Sorry.

This is what happens when you're too fucking pissed and still fucking posting. I thought Zang was at L-2 still, forgot about Mariyta's vote.

I honestly don't care, you know my suspect pool. I wish I could say that ANY of them played in a way that gives me preference, but I don't have the first clue which one of them is town, if any are.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:35 am

Oh, by the way, what are we doing if by some miracle Zang flips town? (Not that it'll happen, but we never DID cover that base...)
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Mariyta »

My mind is a blank right now. There's been so much... bleh. I just don't have the mental capacity to process it. AGM has played a pretty town game to this point. But regardless, I'm with UK. Zang is the lynch. We're not lynching AGM. Oh, hey, look at that. GI hammered. Why am I not surprised?

AGM should kill who he wants to kill. He seems to know what he's doing.

P-edit: You really think Zang will flip town? If he does, I'm doing a massive *headdesk*
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:40 am

Post by GreyICE »

Given the way Zang played? Eh, fucking HavingFitz, fair enough. There's still no scum motivation to claim Vig, all that means is the town had YET ANOTHER power role that could block a kill. I won't even apologize. He makes Katsuki look like LlamaGod in terms of play skill. There's certainly no better lynch candidate.

There's just too many dots that are connected for me right now, Zang almost has to flip scum. The blocked kill, AGM's play, our proliferation of power roles, the cutesy comments about curveballs in the setup AGM tossed out, it all makes sense.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:44 am

I'll note confirmation bias is a bitch. If the dots start connecting too much you might wanna start from scratch.

General advice. But we'll have a flip to see where it leads soon enough

@Mari: Don't think so at all, just was wondering if anyone had a plan if the impossible happened.

Also, do you think my batshit CD theory might be worth revisiting if Zang flips town?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:48 am

Post by GreyICE »

Oh and kitten, the reason I directed nothing at you and Mina - at this point I trust both of you not to fuck this up. Hell, I trust you not to fuck it up even if you're scum. You'll lynch him at the right time. I just have no trust that either of you aren't going to eat the night kill.

I'm actually somewhat worried that you're so certain you'll still be around. I'm not even certain I'll be around.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:51 am

Post by Mariyta »

If Zang flips town, I'd be willing to revist any crazy batshit ideas. At this point... hell.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:56 am

I believe in the power of positive thinking ^-^.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:59 am

Post by GreyICE »

Yeah, I'm trying to watch confirmation bias. That's why I asked Zang the question, rather than run in here and start throwing around accusations. Decent chance I out a cop that way, not that I thought there was much of a chance Zang hadn't outed the role to the scumteam.

The reaction was just sooooo fit with what I expected.

P.S. If Zang is town, he has just destroyed the remains of my faith in humanity. That's not very positive thinking :( The only reason I was holding up his lynch is I thought there was something deeply wrong with AGM's behavior.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:04 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Final Vote Count of Day 2 - Lynch occurred as of Post 1281

Zang (LYNCHED) - StrangerCoug, CooLDoG, LynchMePls, Untrod Tripod, Mariyta, GreyICE
Untrod Tripod (0) -
Mariyta (0) -
AlmasterGM (0) -
LynchMePls (1) - UncertainKitten
StrangerCoug (1) - Zang
GreyICE (1) - AlmasterGM
CooLDoG (0) -
UncertainKitten (0) -
Mina (0) -
GhostWriter (0) -

Not Voting (2) - Mina, GhostWriter

The day got into full swing much faster than it had yesterday. It didn’t take people long to focus their attention on Zang.

“You were sent here to help out with this problem. I don’t think you are doing much of anything to help out!” someone screamed. Others took not and began to look at Zang. He stared out into the distance with a half-vacant look in his eyes. When he finally seemed to notice the growing crowd he was rather taken aback.

“I’ve been sent by the King to help you out and this is how you repay me? In foolish accusastion? I’ll do my job as I see fit and am not going to listen to you rabble” he stated flatly.

GreyICE apparently didn’t like that answer and hit Zang over the head with a rock that was nearby. The mob then dragged Zang to the gallows and secured him in the noose. Zang, dazed from the blow to the head, had nothing to say as he was summarily hung.

The crowd roared through the streets to the Count’s Manor and tore apart the room where Zang had been staying. All sorts of interesting things were found. Surgeon’s tools, a writ of instruction from the King and a number of mementos from romantic trysts. The most interesting thing, however, was a set of metal gauntlets fashioned with a set of fearsome blades. The only reasons for owning instruments such as these is whole-sale slaughter. Looks like you made a good decision today.

Zang - Gregoire,
Royal Knight [Mafia Roleblocker / Janitor]
has been lynched.

Night 2 begins now. The deadline for action submissions is 48 hours from this post.

StrangerCoug and LynchMePls are still being replaced. Night will be extended if either are replaced. This will not, however, extend the deadline for action submission by any player other than the replacement.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Spyrex replaces StrangerCoug. Please join me in welcoming him when the thread re-opens at Dawn.

Night will be extended 24 hours for Spyrex to re-read.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:25 am

Spyrex has indicated to me that he has had sufficent time to be fully caught up and make decisions on any necessary action, if he has any.

Unless he changes his mind the thread will open at 1PM EST today as originally scheduled.

I am still searching for a LynchMePls replacement.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:58 am

The sun rises once again over Gevaudan but this morning shrill shrieks greet you instead of uneasy silence. People rush to find that two bodies have appeared overnight.

The first body initially is difficult to identify. The sheer amount of savagery inflicted on the poor man is grotesque. His face was ripped completely off and much of his body lies open and bare to the environment, his muscles and organs torn with ferocity. However the scars on one of his arms and what little of his clothing you can examine point to his identity.

You make your way once again to the Count’s Manor. This time the mob is more careful to treat the deceased’s items with reverent respect. You discover many trophies and souvenirs from hunting trips around the globe. You also find a pistol loaded with silver bullets. Lastly you find a copy of “The Edifying” with many notations. They speak to a once corrupt soul who has wanted to return to the path of righteousness in the eyes of God.

CooLDoG - Jean-Francois,
Hunter [Town Tracker / Day-Vig]
was slaughtered Night 2.

The second body does not show the signs of wholesale slaughter that you found with CooLDoG. This body lies positioned hands over chest, eyes closed. Several well placed strikes from an axe are the cause of death.

This time the mob moves to the local church to investigate the housing of the deceased. His private quarters contain many copies of “The Edifying” and copious handwritten notes of prayer asking God for salvation from the terrors that are currently afflicting Gevaudan. A detailed search uncovers no signs of any implements that could create wholesale carnage.

LynchMePls - Henri Sardis,
Head of the Brotherhood of the Wolf [Town Miller]
was tomahawked Night 2.

Day 3 begins
. With 8 alive it is 5 to lynch and 3 to lynch at deadline.

Deadline is 2 weeks form this post and can be found
HERE

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:00 am

Post by GreyICE »

@Moderator: Any mistakes in this?
Are non-factional communication abilities reflected in the flip? Or does every ability show up?

Zang - Gregoire, Royal Knight [Mafia Roleblocker / Janitor] has been lynched.
The flip was presented as intended. Under normal circumstances only character name, role name and alignment are guarenteed to be presented. All aspects of a role may not be presented.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:07 am

Yeah, clearly there's a mistake. LMP flipped town.

What the hell LMP? Why would you even play like that?

So, now what do we do?

First, AGM's usefulness is outlived...theoretically today, unless we lynch or shoot scum.

So, we have two options. The safe bet which is lynch AGM. The awesome risky bet that cool people do though, is to LYNCH SOME FUCKING SCUM TODAY. And then have AGM shoot the other scum! And then we lynch AGM and we're all like YAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Which plan is everyone else voting for?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:12 am

Post by Mina »

I PM'd Magna about the same thing, and he was evasive. Basically, there's no guarantee that anything beyond the character name, role name, or alignment would show up. I'd expect neighbour to count as part of the role.

But yeah, I know I said a Zang-non-neighbour flip would condemn AGM...but I wasn't expecting it to actually happen. Because this would be the dumbest gambit of all time for Zang's actual scumbuddy. Also, two kills.

Mariyta, can you explain Zang ? His claiming Mani to AGM means scum have fakeclaims.

FWIW, I think GreyICE's hammer increases his likelihood of being town. I know he said he didn't realize Zang was at L-1, but still, if Zang was a janitor, I'd expect GI to be extra-careful not to hammer before his buddy used his action.

(Magna wouldn't confirm if a janitor would wipe out the "neighbour" part of the role only, though.)

Okay, AGM, I think it's time to fullclaim. Name, flavour, additional abilities, everything.

Also, what made you vig LMP over StrangerCoug last night?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Mina »

EBWOP: I meant to say, "Mari, tell us about Gregoire's role in the movie."

What's annoying is that LMP's replacing out when I insulted his play was starting to make me think he was town again. And if StrangerCoug had flipped scum, I was going to say that all but confirmed LMP as town because of how SC and Zang piled up on LMP's wagon.

UK, problem: if we lynch AGM, it's MYLO tomorrow. Because the two kills have put us back to even. This is annoying.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”