Newbie 1046: Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Zachrulez »

AwesomePoe wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Poe if you actually are town, you should post a full suspicion list.
No
:roll: This game.

You should have done this long before I asked actually. Your refusal to do so will be treated as a scum claim by me.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Ghostlin »

AwesomePoe wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Poe if you actually are town, you should post a full suspicion list.
No
Why not? If you're town about to be hanged, you've got nothing to lose. If you're scum, well, you could always post some bull to throw us off the scent that we'll probably discard later. This doesn't help your case (or lack of one).
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
AwesomePoe
AwesomePoe
Townie
AwesomePoe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:48 am

Post by AwesomePoe »

suspicion list:
Zach
NS
Zach
I'll say one thing about the doc issue. I'm from the future. I can here in a time machine that the Doc invented. Now I need his help to get back to the year 1985.
-AP Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:35 pm
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Haylen »

Reasons?
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
AwesomePoe
AwesomePoe
Townie
AwesomePoe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:01 am

Post by AwesomePoe »

lurker, scummy votes. the deer position is scummy because of ridiculous amounts of lurking d1 and d2. the cflip position is scummy because of lurking, sudden voting and dissappearing d1. zach is scummy because of the way he is slinging scum reads like pancakes, and the way he rushed the L-1 without a proper case.
I'll say one thing about the doc issue. I'm from the future. I can here in a time machine that the Doc invented. Now I need his help to get back to the year 1985.
-AP Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:35 pm
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Haylen »

Since this needs to be done. And trust me, I don't like it.
Unvote, Vote AwesomePoe
We needed a lynch, deadline is in 3 hrs for me and I don't know if anyone's coming back.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

And we're in twilight. Depending on how the flip goes, there are certain things I want to impress. First off, even though we spent half the day kind of fighting, I still believe that StefanB is town. I think the people who we will need to examine are: Zach, NS (You didn't post anything of insight all day, not cool) and hurristat.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by Nocmen »

I thought we had a deadline extention Haylen. I know NS asked for one, not liking how he didn't post any content yet, but he did just recently get in here so I don't know.

Not that the deadline matters anymore. I was going to drop the hammer if NS posted anything decent but Haylen beat me to it.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

GLaDOS wrote:
Day Two Vote Count #8

4 AwesomePoe (StefanB, hurristat, Zachrulez, Ghostlin)
2 Zachrulez (Haylen, AwesomePoe)
1 hurristat (Nocmen)

With
alive it takes
to lynch. Deadline is
February 13
at 8:30 PM CST.

Not Voting – 1 – Nobody Special

Mod Note
: I am extending the deadline by
two days
and no more. I may have been willing to move it to Monday (or later) had Nobody Special alerted me of his V/LA (the first I heard of it was when he
returned
from V/LA), and the deadline will not be moved again absent extraordinarily unlikely circumstances.
We did. Dammit.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:48 pm

Post by StefanB »

Twilight, hm.
We had a deadline extension, but I can see Haylen not beeing sure of it, because GLaDOS never posted the exact new deadline.
Ghostlin: Our fight on day 2 was mild. My point was more that I thought your reason for the unvote was not good and to let get AP away with his sotclaim would have been terrible.
On people to watch: The play between AP-Chkflip/Zach was interesting.
First AP (day 1, beginning day 2) is really pro-Chkflip then after I said that Chkflip wasn't very active day 1, there he was the complete oposite. Only interesting, if AP flips scum, what I am pretty sure he will.
The Haylen-Ap interaction was also interesting.
Hurristat desserves looking independently on day 3, the big question will we see him doing something active (or to be nice doing it more) (That doesn't mean activity in posting, it's about substance in the post)
Nobody Special should arive day 3. Then we can judge him.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:27 am

Post by StefanB »

And yes everone can see the active overview, I just asked Haylen because I didn't see it at first. (To my defence it's small and easy to overlook)
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:42 am

Post by Ghostlin »

StefanB wrote:And yes everone can see the active overview, I just asked Haylen because I didn't see it at first. (To my defence it's small and easy to overlook)
I didn't know what it was until I clicked on it.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:37 am

Post by GLaDOS »

Day Two Vote Count #8

5 AwesomePoe (StefanB, hurristat, Zachrulez, Ghostlin, Haylen)
1 hurristat (Nocmen)
1 Zachrulez (AwesomePoe)

With
alive it takes
to lynch. Deadline is February 13 at 8:30 PM CST.

Not Voting – 1 – Nobody Special
"Aperture Science: We do what we must because we can."
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:38 am

Post by GLaDOS »

AwesomePoe, Townie, has been lynched!

It is now
Night Two
. Deadline for night actions is February 15, 2011 at 1:40 PM CST.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:46 am

Post by GLaDOS »

Ghostlin, Doctor, has been killed!

It is now
Day Three
. With
alive, it takes
to lynch. Deadline is March 9, 2011, at 10:00 AM CST.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:50 am

Post by StefanB »

Goodbye Ghostlin thanks for your play.
So we are now Haylen, Hurristat, Nobody Special, Nocmen, Zach and me.
That means Mylo, so no lynch is an alternative today.
At the moment I don't know if it helps us. While voting is not so dangerous as tomorrow, think before you do it.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:52 am

Post by StefanB »

Plus a lynch will need to have an unity on all townies (okay tomorrow too)
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Ghostlin »

*Takes a bow* Go town!
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:23 am

Post by hurristat »

I think we should nolynch today -- work the percentages, try to get the chance of our hitting mafia up. At this point, we NEED to get a mafia, and it's more advisable to try and do everything in our power to improve our chances of hitting mafia. We should also use as much of the day as possible in order to glean as much information as possible.

I think that almost all of us have something that could be considered scummy:

Haylen: usually ICs in these games are able to separate themselves from the pack and be viewed as town, even if they're mafia... I really haven't had an entirely pro-town read of Haylen at any point in the game. She also hammered on AP two days before the deadline. Haylen: did you actually think AP was scum or did you just hammer so that the town would have a result to work with at this point in the game?

I'm seen as fairly scummy for some reasons (accidentally docfishing, "not posting content")

Nobody Special: POST, PLOX. At this point in the game we need everyone to be active. Who do you think is scum and why?

Nocmen: now that I look at Nocmen in iso, he really looks pretty scummy. He posted a lot of content when he started playing (to try to gain our trust), and slowly, towards the end, the relative content in the later posts is less -- he only asks a single question in several of his later posts. Nocmen: why the sudden drop-off in the content in the posts?

Zachrulez: his spat with Ghostlin gives me pause, and several of the things he has said kind of make a metaphorical exclamation point pop up over my head, but there is this to consider: Ghostlin (town) switched off of AP (town), because he thought that AP was trying to do something -- and onto Zachrulez, with whom he had a small fight. Ultimately, I'm not sure if he's town or mafia, but there are some things here that are a bit suspicious to me.

and StefanB: usually I don't have much to say about SB, but I think that he is somehow remaining aloof from the rest of us, and avoiding suspicion.

Something interesting about twilight is that Ghostlin seemed to know that there was a good chance that he would die that night, and pointed his finger mainly at Zach, NS, and me. These three should be examined thoroughly, and we should also put the other three under intense scrutiny as well.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Haylen »

I hammered because I thought it was deadline, it didn't look like anybody was going to be coming online who would be able hammer.
Hurristat wrote:Haylen: usually ICs in these games are able to separate themselves from the pack and be viewed as town, even if they're mafia...
Not always. IC's aren't mythical creatures whom are great at every role and know everything in the book. I have a perfect SK record, a near perfect scum record but my town record is lower than 40%. I came to the site expecting to be good at everything and I'm not.

I still think Zach's scum. But no lynch is the correct play right now.

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Love you too Haylen.

Vote: No lynch
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Haylen »

Love you three, Zach :P

Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by Nocmen »

hurristat wrote:I think we should nolynch today -- work the percentages, try to get the chance of our hitting mafia up. At this point, we NEED to get a mafia, and it's more advisable to try and do everything in our power to improve our chances of hitting mafia. We should also use as much of the day as possible in order to glean as much information as possible.

I think that almost all of us have something that could be considered scummy:

Haylen: usually ICs in these games are able to separate themselves from the pack and be viewed as town, even if they're mafia... I really haven't had an entirely pro-town read of Haylen at any point in the game. She also hammered on AP two days before the deadline. Haylen: did you actually think AP was scum or did you just hammer so that the town would have a result to work with at this point in the game?

I'm seen as fairly scummy for some reasons (accidentally docfishing, "not posting content")

Nobody Special: POST, PLOX. At this point in the game we need everyone to be active. Who do you think is scum and why?

Nocmen: now that I look at Nocmen in iso, he really looks pretty scummy. He posted a lot of content when he started playing (to try to gain our trust), and slowly, towards the end, the relative content in the later posts is less -- he only asks a single question in several of his later posts. Nocmen: why the sudden drop-off in the content in the posts?

Zachrulez: his spat with Ghostlin gives me pause, and several of the things he has said kind of make a metaphorical exclamation point pop up over my head, but there is this to consider: Ghostlin (town) switched off of AP (town), because he thought that AP was trying to do something -- and onto Zachrulez, with whom he had a small fight. Ultimately, I'm not sure if he's town or mafia, but there are some things here that are a bit suspicious to me.

and StefanB: usually I don't have much to say about SB, but I think that he is somehow remaining aloof from the rest of us, and avoiding suspicion.

Something interesting about twilight is that Ghostlin seemed to know that there was a good chance that he would die that night, and pointed his finger mainly at Zach, NS, and me. These three should be examined thoroughly, and we should also put the other three under intense scrutiny as well.
I've had a lot of personal burnout recently, and it's led to a pretty solid decrease in posting overall.

I've noticed the same about Haylen, I feel that she hasn't pulled too much weight, but I'm confident in her being town right now.

Not going to vote for no lynch until we hear from NS, and I suggest that everyone else does the same.
hurristat
hurristat
Townie
hurristat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by hurristat »

I'm not going to vote no lynch for at least a week real time IRL -- this is daytime and we should try to get as much information from people as possible, but we need to remember this, when going through that process:

WE SHOULD NO LYNCH BY THE END OF THE DAY.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:12 am

Post by StefanB »

Thought a little bit about that no lynch.
Will not vote for it. Normally not lynching is done quickly in mylo to give mafia no information, who is the correct target. I think mafia knows what we think about each other, so that shouldn't be an isue.
Then you hope that the mafiakill makes it more easy to determinene who is mafia. That is the question for everyone does it?
We should use the rules of the game, that means that if 4 of uns don't vote for a lynch at deadline there will be no lynch. So be careful who you vote for think very good before you place a vote, think very good before you place a vote that leads to a waggon.
The good think about mylo is that scum needs 2 confused townies thats better than one.

Hurristat: Your problem is called active lurking. You are not attacking that much, not taking sides... A good example is post 443, who do you personaly suspect of beeing mafia?
Ghostlins read or interesting and I personaly aggree that they are good, but I was wrong about AwesomePoe, too. You are talking about post 431 the twilight post. Ghostlin was doc, he didn't know much more than the other townies, but his reads are honest, they are a good starting point.

About me, I'm certainly not trying to remain aloof of the town, but beeing an active part of it.

from Hurristats post:
Zachrulez: his spat with Ghostlin gives me pause, and several of the things he has said kind of make a metaphorical exclamation point pop up over my head, but there is this to consider: Ghostlin (town) switched off of AP (town), because he thought that AP was trying to do something -- and onto Zachrulez, with whom he had a small fight.
The point about the thinks to consider. Why is it relevant?
Zach: Why do you vote no lynch?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”