A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

This is pretty self-centered I know.

But I'm sensing more suspicion in this game than I usually get on Day 1, like,
a lot more

I suppose I don't get that much suspicion in early game, probably because scum only very rarely lets me live beyond day 3, sometimes PR claims or other very aggressive players get priority over me for the NK. I'm a flash in the pan in most games. In King of Hearts (an exception to this) where the scum neglected to NK me fast enough, there was much regret afterward.

I think some of that suspicion is players legitimately not familiar with me; but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of it was manufactured by scum trying to make sure I don't become Governor. I have a pretty solid history with reading townies with accuracy.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Magua wrote:
GreyICE wrote:
Everyone: Read xvart's ISO. Then lynch obvscum.
GreyICE, can you please show where xvart claims to have a townread on you? diddin's 252 is in reply to me and *my* townread on you.
Is it now?

Read his ISO Magua. Is he playing it close to the chest... or waiting and looking for an easy bandwagon?

You tell me. To me, it is clearly the latter.

PEDIT: Because I missed it. If MoI has something ridiculous hidden in the middle of one of his posts, I probably missed it too. But cool, draw attention to that as well. Nice WIFOM there, scum would never draw attention to something scummy they did, so you must be town.

Why don't you give us a few town reads and scum reads and tell us something useful? Oh wait. You had that chance, time and again. And you diddled around trying to figure out what wagon looked good. I think yours looks pretty good.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:18 pm

Post by GreyICE »

DrippingGoofball wrote:This is pretty self-centered I know.

a lot more

I suppose I don't get that much suspicion in early game, probably because scum only very rarely lets me live beyond day 3, sometimes PR claims or other very aggressive players get priority over me for the NK. I'm a flash in the pan in most games. In King of Hearts (an exception to this) where the scum neglected to NK me fast enough, there was much regret afterward.

I think some of that suspicion is players legitimately not familiar with me; but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of it was manufactured by scum trying to make sure I don't become Governor. I have a pretty solid history with reading townies with accuracy.
OR MAYBE YOUR PLAY HAS BEEN TOTAL AND COMPLETE
SHIT
AND YOUR RECORD OF CATCHING SCUM IS CUTE AND ALL, BUT YOU AIN'T DOING MUCH OF IT HERE.

I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AGGRESSIVE PLAY AND SHIT PLAY, AND THIS IS THE LATTER.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by zoraster »

DrippingGoofball wrote: I have a pretty solid history with reading townies with accuracy.
How about weirding people out as scum?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:20 pm

GreyICE wrote:OR MAYBE YOUR PLAY HAS BEEN TOTAL AND COMPLETE
SHIT
AND YOUR RECORD OF CATCHING SCUM IS CUTE AND ALL, BUT YOU AIN'T DOING MUCH OF IT HERE.

I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AGGRESSIVE PLAY AND SHIT PLAY, AND THIS IS THE LATTER.
Mod: replace me please.

Kirk out.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by zoraster »

GreyICE wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:This is pretty self-centered I know.

a lot more

OR MAYBE YOUR PLAY HAS BEEN TOTAL AND COMPLETE
SHIT

Across the line.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

SHIT

Really now ... how do you know he isn't doing a good job of catching scum?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by zoraster »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
SHIT

Mod: replace me please.

Kirk out.
Don't replace out because of one douchebag, DGB. I haven't decided on your alignment yet, but the game is less fun without you.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:23 pm

zoraster wrote:Don't replace out because of one douchebag, DGB. I haven't decided on your alignment yet, but the game is less fun without you.
I can't make it fun for you, if it's not fun for me. I won't post again, I already PM'd the mod with apologies.

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Kast »

@GreyIce-
If your catch was legit, you'd have a good point on xvart. It's not, and a simple ISO easily makes that clear since xvart included the post numbers for reference.
diddin wrote:
Magua wrote:GreyICE is town.
If you're as confident that GreyICE is town as it seems you are, why are you still raising Twilight Sparkle?
xvart wrote:Because you can have a town read on someone you don't trust to use the power, for one?
For reference, this is the kind of *mistake* that it seems like you keep overreacting to and assuming the perpetrator must be scum for committing. From a GreyIce-Town PoV, you should be able to see how such a mistake isn't necessarily an indicator of affiliation.

@Vig-fishing-
Zoraster wasn't exactly vig-fishing, but his comment is the kind that often prompts weak players to claim "I'm not a vig" and thereby narrow down the potential vig pool.

@Zoraster-
You were accused of rolefishing/vig-fishing. You acted as if the accusation was in reference to claiming to know cow's character name. It wasn't. I don't think you're so dense as to make that mistake even once, let alone repeatedly. I think you are playing the "lost and confused townie" card, but it doesn't really fit you. However, I think LL is a more dangerous player as scum so for now I'm happy with LL getting pressed/pushed further.

@DGB-
Is your bussing comment directed at Zoraster or at me?
Pre-edit: I've also always enjoyed my games with you, so please don't replace out over GreyIce.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by GreyICE »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
SHIT

Really now ... how do you know he isn't doing a good job of catching scum?
Well first of all, I know
she
is female because I've been reading her posts.

Second, I've been READING THE POSTS:
This was the commentary on Zoraster and Mikujin:
DrippingGoofball wrote:They're probably both scum.
No elucidation. At all. This is the case against Locke Lamora:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Gonna help the scum bus.

VOTE: Locke Lamora

If she's town, this is lame. If she's scum, this is still lame and replacing out over getting called on it is pretty bad too.

Seriously, the level of play in this town is fairly pathetic overall. There cannot be as many scum as there are lurkers and people 'still reading' or people who BLATANTLY HAVEN'T READ ANYTHING.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by LimMePls »

SHIT

I've been in 2 games with GreyICE, and in both he's done this. If he's going to chase away people I like playing with, he's joining the Players to Avoid list.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Fine, whatever.

Mod: Replace me instead of DGB. The town wants to play at this level, fine.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by xvart »

GreyICE wrote:
Magua wrote:
GreyICE wrote:
Everyone: Read xvart's ISO. Then lynch obvscum.
GreyICE, can you please show where xvart claims to have a townread on you? diddin's 252 is in reply to me and *my* townread on you.
Is it now?

Read his ISO Magua. Is he playing it close to the chest... or waiting and looking for an easy bandwagon?
Stop deflecting and show us all where I posted my obvtown read on you. It should be easy to quote since you just read my entire ISO. Last time I checked, "playing it close to the chest" (as you describe my play) =/= "obvtown read on GreyICE." And what the hell do you mean by "Is it now?"? Read it. It is obvious. It was just explained to you, multiple times. Not only the context of the conversation but the "FOR ONE?" at the end of my statement makes it obvious that it is an example and not "Hey person I'm quoting whose quoting someone else's town read: I agree with that persons town read."
GreyICE, 551 wrote:PEDIT: Because I missed it. If MoI has something ridiculous hidden in the middle of one of his posts, I probably missed it too. But cool, draw attention to that as well. Nice WIFOM there, scum would never draw attention to something scummy they did, so you must be town.
You said you just read my entire ISO and you still didn't comment on it, even when I directly asked you. Is there a difference in what I said and what zoraster said? Do you think I was fishing for investigative roles? The reason I asked you is because I wanted to see if you were just looking for any little thing that could be construed into scummy behavior to use to look like you are scumhunting, which I suspect is the case.

Seriously, you are just throwing shit on the wall to see if it sticks.

DGB - I wish you would stay but I understand. :cry:
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by zoraster »

GreyICE wrote:Fine, whatever.

Mod: Replace me instead of DGB. The town wants to play at this level, fine.
If everyone else has a problem but you, the problem is probably you.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Oh shut up, scum. Really, I'm not going to much miss this game when we can't even get together a wagon to lynch you.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by xvart »

GreyICE wrote:Oh shut up, scum. Really, I'm not going to much miss this game when we can't even get together a wagon to lynch you.
It's tough to put together a wagon with the case you are trying to push.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by diddin »

Raivann wrote:
zoraster wrote:Raivann, upon second inspection is scummy. I feel like he's going for a sort of "hit and run" post style that keeps him under the radar yet active. Without reviewing anything, can you remember anything Raivann has said or what his positions are? No? Me neither, and I just reread his iso. Pretty reluctant to vote
I thought you were scummier after I ISO'ed you too.
I'm not reluctant to vote, I just happen to like my vote on Thor(Song).
Here's my scumreads- Thor,Feysal, MoI, and Bunnylover.
If Feysal is still alive after Thor flips scum, he should be next to hang.

Having said all that i like GreyICE's case..
Unvote, Vote: xvart

unraise, Raise:GreyIce
Lol what. xvart isn't even on your scumlist, you just look like you're sheeping GreyICE here. ICE's case is also crap as others have pointed out... looks like you're looking for an easy wagon.
Raivann wrote:
Magua wrote:The user named "Song of Ice and Fire" got replaced out of a ASoIaF game. That is not a good sign for that slot.
Exactly. Why would someone named that get replaced? She was obviously stoked for this game, but got caught as scum early.
@LMP- it was from them posting they thought they were scum when they saw their role.
It was not from a green dream that gave me special knowledge.
This is reaching for straws at its finest.
Raivann wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Song of Ice and Fire
This is his first mentioning of Song in his ISO. He starts crusading for a song lynch at this point without posting an explanation for a day. The problem is Raivann's unexplained vote on Song was posted on Thursday, but his reasoning was taken from a post Song made on Friday.

unvote, Vote: Raivann
I like this lynch.

@zoraster: This is actually a different posting style for me. I've just started getting into reading threads with 2 tabs open so I can respond to quotes as I go. Before quote walls were a rarity for me and a lot of my posts were only one or two liners.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 1.15

Mikujin (2) Locke Lamora, Danakillsu
xvart (4) Thor665, chesskid3, GreyICE, Raivann

GreyICE (1) Shadow1psc
Thor665 (1) Twilight Sparkle
diddin (4) Magua, MagnaofIllusion, xvart, Zdenek

danakillsu (1) Benmage
Hasdgfas (1) Bunnylover
Xtoxm (1) Hasdgfas
Drippinggoofball (2) Mikujin, Nexus
Raivann (3) LynchMePls, Feysal, diddin
Locke Lamora (3) Kast, Zoraster, DrippingGoofball

Not voting (2) Percy, Xtoxm

With 25 alive it takes 13 to lynch.

Raise Count 1.15

Locke Lamora (1) Locke Lamora
Twilight Sparkle (4) Bunnylover, xvart,Zdenek, GreyICE
DrippingGoofball (1) Danakillsu
Danakillsu (1) chesskid3
Benmage (5) Benmage, Song of Ice and Fire, MagnaofIllusion, diddin, Mikujin

Magua (3) Hasdgfas, LynchMePls, Feysal
Percy (1) Magua
GreyICE (1) Raivann

Not raising (8)Nexus, Percy, Xtoxm, Zoraster, Twilight Sparkle, DrippingGoofball, Kast, Shadow1psc

With 25 alive it takes 13 to raise someone

*Any mistakes in the votecount please point them out.
* Deadline countdown is here

Okay. So once again (like last game) we're getting some fairly personal attacks and that's just not acceptable. The main culprit here is GreyICE, and as he's the source of a requested replace and a willing replacement himself, I think this sorts itself out. GreyICE, your replace out is accepted, please cease posting immediately and we'll begin to search for the replacement.

To clarify in simple terms. Attacking somebody's case is okay, attacking somebody is not. If you think you can't get the two separate, have a good long think before you press submit, and if you're still unsure, at least start with deleting expletives. We don't need the game to be a swear free zone (the books certainly weren't) but when you start using them at people, people start getting offended, which is unacceptable in what is supposed to be a game.

-Seacore (although I'm sure Faraday agrees)
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

^ good fucking posting
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Bah.
Frankly I still believe that we should lynch hasdgfas.
I am confident that scum wont' shot hasdgfas. Reason why? Because scum would have to be idiots to shot hasdgfas. Scum doesn't shot someone who has a Post restriction and others are willing to lynch if hasdgfas is in fact town.
If we assume their is a vig out their. something tells me a vig wouldn't shot hasdgfas early on and something just tells me that the vig will die before hasdgfas can be shot. That would leave us in a situation of WIFOM.

I understand that hasdgfas case isn't this person 100% scum and is more a precaution lynch, but for a day 1 I think its a good lynch.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

the fuck am I reading?
PL the post-restricted guy d1 for a good lynch
THE FUCK I SAY
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:07 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

chesskid3 wrote:the fuck am I reading?
PL the post-restricted guy d1 for a good lynch
THE FUCK I SAY
Ew I don't like the way you made it sound :(.
Is that really what its sounds like?
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Bunnylover wrote:I understand that hasdgfas case isn't this person 100% scum and is more a precaution lynch, but for a day 1 I think its a good lynch.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by Magua »

@Mod:
xvart has 4 votes on him, not 3, and Benmage has 5 raises, ahead of Twilight Sparkle's 4.

bunnylover, chesskid, thoughts on diddin?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”