Mini 1126 - Game over - Was Averagely Suspicious saved?

subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by subgenius »

unvote: Ashblade

vote: Hiraki

For copying Bill's FoS, even after Barry explained his mistake and put his vote where his mouth is. Trying to appear townie by mirroring others is a definite scum tell.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:18 pm

Post by Hayker »

Hiraki wrote:
FoS: BarryAllen

Vote: GreyICE

Die archenemy!

Mind explaining your reasoning behind the FoS there?
wikkiden
wikkiden
Townie
wikkiden
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by wikkiden »

I
FoS: Ashblade
for... Reasons unexplainable as of right now. Just a gut instinct.

That being said, I'll sheep. Because I like door prizes. o;

Vote: Erratus Apathos
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by Hiraki »

subgenius wrote:
unvote: Ashblade

vote: Hiraki

For copying Bill's FoS, even after Barry explained his mistake and put his vote where his mouth is. Trying to appear townie by mirroring others is a definite scum tell.
Nice job on interpretation.

Actually no, let's not use sarcasm here. That was a horrible job.

There's no reason to vote Errant. His post was
OBVIOUSLY
sarcasm.

Also, the point that you're accusing me of copying is quite frightful. If I wanted to copy someone, I'd vote Errant. However, Errant is null at this moment, and shouldn't be voted. Someone on his wagon needs to die first.

I take back my FoS though. I didn't mean Barry. I meant Bill.

He needs to actually die.
Bill wrote:Your admission that you didn't vote to start Day 1 was silly at best, given that the game consensus was that it was
likelier that scum players would want to delay the start.
I'm thinking there's a decent enough chance that you're simply ballsy, and thought you'd be able to deflect the resulting attention into pressure on somebody else.
Which doesn't bode well for you.
Bold: Nice job on Meta Telling

Italics: Decent Chance and voting. Ehehehemeee. No, this doesn't make any sense.

Wikkiden can die too, just because his vote sucks.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by RobCapone »

now Erratus is at L-1
Goodbye Mafiascum, you guys too serious for me.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Hiraki »

EWBOP:

Unvote, Vote: Bill McQuill
wikkiden
wikkiden
Townie
wikkiden
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by wikkiden »

Oh yes. My vote sucks. Along with the six other people voting for him.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by RobCapone »

wikkiden wrote:Oh yes. My vote sucks. Along with the six other people voting for him.
to be fair you did put him at an unannounced L-1 and admitted you sheeped
wikkiden
wikkiden
Townie
wikkiden
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by wikkiden »

I'm going to assume that L-1 means it takes one more vote to lynch... In which case, I do realize how bad of a choice that could be. But honestly, I'm still trying to gather my bearings and learn the ropes. If it'll make you all happy,
Unvote.

And yes. I admitted to sheeping because that is exactly what I did. Would you like me to lie?
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by RobCapone »

I do see that you are new here, yes L-1 was one more to lynch and depending who you talk to sheeping is scummy.

question, why jump in to a big boy game and not start in a newbie game to learn the ropes?
Bill McQuill
Bill McQuill
Townie
Bill McQuill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Bill McQuill »

wikkiden wrote:I

Oh lord I've touched off an early-game FoS frenzy.

I don't like your "gut instinct" excuse or your complete lack of discussion of your vote. It's also really early to be putting someone at L-1. This concerns me.
wikkiden wrote:Oh yes. My vote sucks. Along with the six other people voting for him.
5 other people. Or were you hoping it was a lynch already?
hiraki wrote:Ehehehemeee. No, this doesn't make any sense.
Wait, a frank admission that your reasoning doesn't make sense? Or did I miss something?

I also find it amusing that you accused another player of misinterpreting, then admit you didn't even FoS the right player.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by subgenius »

Hiraki wrote: If I wanted to copy someone, I'd vote Errant.
Casting the vote to bring someone to L-1 less than a page into D1 would not be a good move for blending in. FoS is subtler and less likely to attract attention.
hiraki wrote:I take back my FoS though. I didn't mean Barry. I meant Bill.
I don't buy it. If you were bringing up a new point of suspicion, why wouldn't you explain it in the same post? It seems more likely to me that you were echoing Bill's FoS and didn't feel any need to explain it further since he already provided the reasons.

Also, I don't find your made up reasons for FoS'ing Bill all that convincing. A decent chance of scumminess is plenty of reason to put an early vote on a player. I think your reasons were made up in attempt to prop up your back peddling FoS switch.

I think you're lying, and I think there's a more than decent chance that you're scum. My vote stays.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Hey.

If you're going to call my reasons stupid. You should at least explain why.

Y'know like I did.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by subgenius »

If you insist.
Hiraki wrote: Bold: Nice job on Meta Telling
I happen to think this particular meta interpretation makes a certain amount of sense. It was, in fact, to scum's advantage to delay the start of the game, and Erratus admitted that he didn't vote to start the game. I don't think this is damning evidence against Erratus, but it is a bit fishy, and a better reason to cast a vote than is usually seen at this point in the game.
Italics: Decent Chance and voting. Ehehehemeee. No, this doesn't make any sense.
I already said this, but I think feeling that a person has a "decent chance" of being scum is more than enough reason to cast a vote against them. I don't consider Bill's vote or use of the word "decent" scummy or nonsensical.

Are you honestly going to tell me that you're more than "decently" sure of Bill's alignment?

Why didn't you write out your reasons out when you first FoS'd Barry?
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by subgenius »

Also, I didn't call your reasons stupid, just unconvincing.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

I would like to point out that my name is not "Errant".
RobCapone wrote:A case based on something before the game started? Good luck with that
First of all, yes, it was before the game started. So what? You had your role pm at the time, so anything you said is capable of being an alignment tell. "It was before D1 started, so it doesn't count" ain't gonna cut it.

Secondly, this is your reaction? When you're voting me for something before the game started? Not buying it.
Barry Allen wrote:Errant - if you weren't at L-1 already I'd vote for you myself. You posted a rather unfortunate message about wanting to delay the game, then post an OMGUS vote and THEN say you had a case? Wow........
Uhhhh... no. That is not what happened. I posted my case on Rob in 102, before the day even started much less before I voted him. Furthermore, the fact that I voted him after he voted me is very obviously irrelevant, as we both declared intent to vote each other before the game started, and we both voted within two minutes of the day starting.
Bill McQuill wrote:Your admission that you didn't vote to start Day 1 was silly at best, given that the game consensus was that it was likelier that scum players would want to delay the start.
The consensus is wrong. The later the start of day is, the later the end of day is, and thus the more time there is for discussion overall. Ergo, not voting to start the day is pro-town.
Bill McQuill wrote:I'm thinking there's a decent enough chance that you're simply ballsy
I'm simply
incredibly
ballsy.
Do you want your possessions identified?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Erratus Apathos wrote: I'm simply
incredibly
ballsy.
I'm not going to disagree with that, you'd need to be to call 102 a case :roll:
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Ashblade »

subgenius wrote:Congratulations, Ashblade, you wrote the 100th pre-game post! Here's your prize!

Vote: Ashblade
Oh boy, just what I've always wanted. :lol:

You know, I've found Foses little more than a joke, but maybe that's just me. Can't feel if it's just being new just yet but the vote you made was pretty bad.
Hiraki wrote:There's no reason to vote Errant. His post was
OBVIOUSLY
sarcasm
Erratus Apathos wrote:The later the start of day is, the later the end of day is, and thus the more time there is for discussion overall. Ergo, not voting to start the day is pro-town.
I laughed. Anything else you want to do to stick your foot in your mouth Hiraki?

Not worth a quote but I think worth noting but Barry feels all over the place, and gut says he will be for the future and it's not giving me that warm fuzzies.

My vote is better served elsewhere.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Hiraki
I'm back... sorta. Not joining anything else until I know if I have enough time to keep playing. V/LA for most weekends. Apologies for my flake.

WHY ASHBLADE YOU FUCKERS? HE WAS THE LAST ORIGINAL TOWNIE THE LAST YOU KILLED A LEGEND - GreyIce
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Holy wtf.

I want to make sure this is captured on film.

Erratus Apathos (6): RobCapone, Ashblade, GreyICE, Bill McQuill, Barry Allen, wikkiden
RobCapone (1): Erratus Apathos
Hiraki (1): subgenius
GreyICE (1): Hiraki

Not voting: mockingjaye, Papa Zito, Snake Eyes, Hayker

So Erratus is town yay let's move on.

Who sucks the most on that wagon?
Bill McQuill wrote:Your admission that you didn't vote to start Day 1 was silly at best, given that the game consensus was that it was likelier that scum players would want to delay the start. I'm thinking there's a decent enough chance that you're simply ballsy, and thought you'd be able to deflect the resulting attention into pressure on somebody else.
ITP Bill argues against an Erratus vote and votes him anyway. lulz

VOTE: Bill McQuill
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by subgenius »

subgenius wrote: I already said this, but I think feeling that a person has a "decent chance" of being scum is more than enough reason to cast a vote against them. I don't consider Bill's vote or use of the word "decent" scummy or nonsensical.
Doh, I just realized I was misreading Bill's post, and that he was saying there's a decent chance of Erratus being town rather than scum. Oops. Before I get called out on this misreading, I'll go ahead and admit that Hiraki's reasoning makes more sense than I originally thought, but I still find his backpedaling extremely suspicious. Also, I'd still like to know why an explanation wasn't posted with the original FoS.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

GreyICE wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote: I'm simply
incredibly
ballsy.
I'm not going to disagree with that, you'd need to be to call 102 a case :roll:
Hey, Grey, I have a question for you. When do you intend to stop shitposting?
Do you want your possessions identified?
Bill McQuill
Bill McQuill
Townie
Bill McQuill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by Bill McQuill »

subgenius wrote:Doh, I just realized I was misreading Bill's post, and that he was saying there's a decent chance of Erratus being town rather than scum.
No, that's a misinterpretation. A ballsy player from either alignment might post that they did not vote for the quicker day start.
Bill McQuill wrote:
Your admission that you didn't vote to start Day 1 was silly at best, given that the game consensus was that it was likelier that scum players would want to delay the start
. I'm thinking there's a decent enough chance that you're simply ballsy, and thought you'd be able to deflect the resulting attention into pressure on somebody else.
However, since I said that his decision to post was "silly at best," the contrast between that and "decent enough chance" is pretty clearly pointing in the direction of him being scum, though I guess I could have cleaned up the phrasing by just saying "ballsy scum." I don't think that there's much argument that the behavior I mentioned isn't particularly in the town's best interest, though.
Erratus Apathos wrote:The consensus is wrong. The later the start of day is, the later the end of day is, and thus the more time there is for discussion overall. Ergo, not voting to start the day is pro-town.
This is pretty hair-splitty considering that we'd have had an extra 24 hours at most, and I think you're pretty obviously discounting (since it's bad for your case) that in the pretty likely event that the scum can't daytalk that the bonus time applies equally to town and scum, and therefore benefits the scum more (for further proof, check out the several pages dedicated to pretending that Wikkiden wasn't here/cupcakes).
Papa Zito wrote:So Erratus is town yay let's move on.
Oh come on don't do this.
wikkiden
wikkiden
Townie
wikkiden
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:40 pm

Post by wikkiden »

RobCapone wrote:I do see that you are new here, yes L-1 was one more to lynch and depending who you talk to sheeping is scummy.

question, why jump in to a big boy game and not start in a newbie game to learn the ropes?
I'm sorry. I know I should have started in a newbie game, and I know I look extremely scummy right now. I apologize that me feeling like I could just jump right into a mini game could ruin this game for all of you. Honestly, I don't have much I could possibly say in defense of myself right now. I know no one will believe me, but I truly didn't count the votes, nor did it occur to me how serious my voting would be. I also did not realize that I was opening up an opportunity for mafia to throw open the floodgates and blitz a mislynch. But practice makes perfect. And you gotta learn from your mistakes. And I've learned all right. .-. But that's truly all I can say. I'm not going to sit here and beg you not to lynch me. I know I look scummy as all get out. I know what I'd think if I saw anyone else do that. But if I'm getting lynched, I wanna go out on a good note, and I truly do apologize for plunging on in here without a clue as to what I was doing. >.<
Bill McQuill
Bill McQuill
Townie
Bill McQuill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by Bill McQuill »

Wow, that's... quite an appeal to emotion you got there. You're not even under pressure there, chief. Maybe you ought to be.

Unvote, Vote: wikkiden
wikkiden
wikkiden
Townie
wikkiden
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by wikkiden »

Bill McQuill wrote:Wow, that's... quite an appeal to emotion you got there. You're not even under pressure there, chief. Maybe you ought to be.

Unvote, Vote: wikkiden
Not an appeal to emotion at all, just the truth. As I have yet to adopt a playing style on this site, I feel obliged to inform you that I play mafia VERY aggressively. I don't care if I'm under pressure or not. That's just how I am. Also, to address what you said earlier:
Bill McQuill wrote:

Oh lord I've touched off an early-game FoS frenzy.

I don't like your "gut instinct" excuse or your complete lack of discussion of your vote. It's also really early to be putting someone at L-1. This concerns me.
5 other people. Or were you hoping it was a lynch already?
As I mentioned above, I'm an aggressive player. I like to throw my FoS's out there swiftly. My gut instinct might be my "excuse" at the moment, but in my own mind I truly do have reasons for the FoS. I know, sounds odd, but I'm an odd person. :D And as I mentioned in my above "emotional appeal", I truly wasn't aware that I was putting someone into such a serious position.

@the 5 other people thing, excuse me for misspeaking. I wasn't aware that human beings were expected to never make mistakes nowadays. >.<

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”