Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:23 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Final Fires wrote:My stance on this is a lot like Exe's. I would take the majority's opinion into consideration, but in the end I wouldn't execute anyone who I thought I thought was innocent.
Your stance (and Exe's stance) is wrong. Hypothetically, say we elect a scum executioner, and the majority of the town wants to kill one of their scumbuddies. If the executioner hasn't taken the pledge, they can just claim to have a townread on their partner and kill a townsperson.
The only way to mitigate the danger of a scum executioner is to make sure that if the executioner does NOT kill the choice of the majority, then we will kill the executioner.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by Amrun »

I can assure everyone that I will NOT execute right away, if I am executioner. Only when town feels comfortable will I execute. I think town benefits from longer days anyway (but not dragged out when nothing useful is being said anymore). So don't worry about that, if you were.

I think Final Fires or Haschel are also good candidates, should anyone not feel comfortable with me.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by Amrun »

Also, I agree with HC on this, but I think town should be a little forgiving in most cases as far as deciding who to kill. If one executioner really doesn't want to kill the preferred candidate... pick a different executioner!
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by Exe »

Haschel wrote:Hypothetically, say we elect a scum executioner, and the majority of the town wants to kill one of their scumbuddies.
Right, well hypotheticals are all well and good, but the fact is that I know I'm town so I can't really see much incentive for me to want to go against my own reads.

I'm not saying I expect you to make me the executioner anyways, so why does it matter? If we come to that situation, you can deal with it however you feel necessary, but the fact remains that until that point it really doesn't matter what anyone pledges.
I mean, let's be honest, a scum is going to just pledge like the rest of us anyways. And it's just words. I can pledge that I will offer my vote and my entire will to Amrun, but it doesn't mean I'll actually do it.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by Amrun »

It should be handled on a case by case basis. Since I have a higher number of votes, talking about what I specifically will do makes sense.

Forcing a pledge out of everybody is pointless.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:55 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

Exe wrote:Right, well hypotheticals are all well and good, but
the fact is that I know I'm town
so I can't really see much incentive for me to want to go against my own reads.
Exe, saying this (the bolded part) is totally null.
Everyone
in this game (if they have the proper mental faculties to actually play mafia) is going to say that they're town, and they know it.

I just don't see the point in saying it. It's especially bad by stating it as a "fact." The more you say it, the more true it looks (which, really, is why scum say it so very often).
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:02 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

Vote: Amrun

I already did this on page 13, but it seems to have gone ignored :/
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:05 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

EBWOP: FF posted that my vote was forgotten to be counted as well. Thanks :]

Exe wrote:
Haschel wrote:Hypothetically, say we elect a scum executioner, and the majority of the town wants to kill one of their scumbuddies.
We need to do our best to avoid getting a scum executioner in the first place. I mean they'll arrive at a dichotomy when the town want one of their mafioso buddies to die, and the chances are they won't kill their scumbuddy unless they want to be bussing from day 1 :/

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:12 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

Tragedy wrote:but something else doesn't seem right in this game at the moment. :igmeou:
Care to share?

~Screwtape
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:20 am

Post by mallowgeno »

mallowgeno wrote:
VC 1.4

Exe (3)-charter, StrungOver, vezokpiraka
Tragedy (1)-Exe
StrungOver (0)-
Charter (0)-
Final Fires (3)-Amrun, Ant_to_the_max
Amrun (6)-Shattered Viewpoint, Final Fires, Haschel Cedricson, Charter, Umbrage, twistedspoon

Not Voting:CooLDoG, Tragedy

V/LA:
StrungOver

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to elect an executioner!

D/L, March 9th!
Fixed. Mod error count: 1 >.<
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:59 am

Post by Umbrage »

So we've decided on Amrun as executioner. Good. Now we can focus on who to kill.

Exe's latest posts have softened my read on him. I would be fine with his death, but it might not be a necessity.

If we are looking for information on other players' alignments based on connections with the dead, the best choices are vezokpiraka and Twistedspoon. Because they've both been attacked and defended a lot in this game by pretty much everyone, their flip will show who is most likely scum and town. If you're the sort to give credence to that type of logic, that is.

The three players with the worst activity and content rates are charter, Tragedy, and StrungOver. Of these three, charter still strikes me as the scummiest. I see no reason to kill the others I mentioned until they start posting more often.

I still hold that Shattered Viewpoint is scummy. Here are just a few problems with his posts:

He's very critical of Amrun when she starts posting, warning her not to disappear again, then disagrees with her, saying that it is possible to choose an executioner too soon. A couple posts later, he votes her, saying she's his top town read.

The "Stop it, your scummy is showing." to Haschel. That just looks really bad to me. Not something town would say.

For most of the game, he maintains that I am his top suspect, but in ISO #19, he says that his scum read on me was based on ONE FUCKING POST. He then proceeds to declare Exe his number one suspect.

In the same post, he says CooLDoG is scummy for not thinking that the day ended with an executioner chosen, even though I THOUGHT THE EXACT SAME THING. Haschel did as well, and Haschel made his scum list. I was his number one suspect for a long time. Why am I not considered scum anymore?

I have no idea what happened to his case on Twistedspoon. If anything it should be stronger now, since SV accused TS of misquoting him.

tl; dr: SV switches from buddying Exe to buddying Amrun midgame. He drops cases with no explanation, and appears to always try and side the majority.

MY IDEAL KILL LIST:

1. charter
2. Shattered Viewpoint

MY COMPROMISE KILL LIST:

1. vezokpiraka
2. Exe
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:21 am

Post by Exe »

SV wrote:Exe, saying this (the bolded part) is totally null. Everyone in this game (if they have the proper mental faculties to actually play mafia) is going to say that they're town, and they know it.
Well of course it's null as an argument for my towniness, but that's not how I was using it. It doesn't matter what anyone else says, the point is that if I am town, which I know I am, then I won't see incentive for pledging. I'm not suggesting that this makes me town, I'm only explaining why I won't pledge exactly, which shouldn't really matter to anyone else.

Umbrage, your case on Charter is complete crap, but your case on SV actually has merit. And yet charter is your number 1. Why do you insist on tunneling him?
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:33 am

Post by Exe »

And you know what, screw it.

Unvote. Vote: Amrun

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:39 am

Post by Amrun »

Charter has given me both scum and town pings.

I've been saying SV is scum for awhile now and I stand by that.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:48 am

Post by Exe »

SV wouldn't be a terrible kill. I'd support that.
I strongly encourage you to leave Vezo alive. I've played with him as scum, and frankly he can't fake an attitude very well. I honestly think he's just pulling rookie mistakes here.
Plus, if he really is scum, my experience with Vezo says he'll really slip up eventually anyways.

Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:49 am

Post by Exe »

Oh & Amrun, if we give you the night kill, will you No-Kill at night?

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:01 am

Post by Amrun »

I'm fine with killing SV over vezok if that's what everyone wants.

IGUESS I would do a no-kill overnight if everyone actually wanted that, but I personally think it's a bad idea. Like really bad.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:22 am

Post by Umbrage »

I don't see why we wouldn't kill at night. It's like wasting a lynch. Why do you support a no-kill?

I find charter slightly scummier mainly because of his tunneling. It's like he's trying to pull an Exe through really aggressive play, but he unlike Exe, he doesn't really seem to care one way or the other, he's been saying I'm scummy for a while but for someone so sure I'm scum, he doesn't push for my death. He's been throwing scum reads around a lot, but few town reads. I really don't know why he voted Amrun. The way he did it makes it look like an obligation. He doesn't really say who he wants dead other than me, and it doesn't look like I'm dying anytime soon so he's not helping at all.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:33 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Exe wrote: I strongly encourage you to leave Vezo alive. I've played with him as scum, and frankly he can't fake an attitude very well. I honestly think he's just pulling rookie mistakes here.
Could it possibly be WIFOM? You'd know best since, like you say, you've played with him before.
Umbrage wrote: I would be fine with his death, but it might not be a necessity.
Contradiction? The only way a townie should be fine with any other player's death is if they were mafioso. Therefore you must think this if you want him killed. Yet, you say it wouldn't be necessary. Surely Killing the mafia is of vital importance to activate our win condition? Please elaborate; do you want him dead or not? Do you read him as townie or mafia? The ambiguousness isn't helpful :/
Umbrage wrote: I have no idea what happened to his case on Twistedspoon. If anything it should be stronger now, since SV accused TS of misquoting him.
I guess he realised I was pro-town enough to live. I'm not the one wanting to kill possible townies due to play style. Quite the converse, I encourage different play styles to give the town more diversity at their disposal. Besides, any misquoting was merely incidental and not used for conviction reasons. I apologise If my quotes didn't turn out as I had planned.

~Screwtape
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:43 am

Post by Exe »

Amrun wrote:I'm fine with killing SV over vezok if that's what everyone wants.

IGUESS I would do a no-kill overnight if everyone actually wanted that, but I personally think it's a bad idea. Like really bad.
Do you not realize that killing at night means we rely on only ONE person's opinion, which DOESN'T take the first kill's flip into account?

I mean, we could talk about who to kill at night, but that leaves us making a decision before we know the flip from the day kill, which is why I think that we shouldn't kill at night.

But here's the kicker. This is why we SHOULD NOT night kill.

If we allow kills at night, then I feel that we leave the mafia a chance to say "well I thought this person was scum."
If we force them to no-kill, they don't get any options to have their way AND we guarantee that any kills at night are made by scum.

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:49 am

Post by Amrun »

What stops us from discussing kills in alternatives, as in, if x flips scum, kill y, and if x flips town, kill z?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Exe wrote: If we force them to no-kill, they don't get any options to have their way AND we guarantee that any kills at night are made by scum.
but how do we know who does the killing? I thought that the killer was secret and decided by the private votes of the players?
Thus, It could be hard to accuse a player since we don't for certain know who voted for who and who made the nightkill.

But your logic does make good sense and gives us a nice edge on the mafioso.
I support no-nightkill. Whether it's practical, I'm unsure.

~Screwtape
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:57 am

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

mallowgeno wrote:
Game Specific Rules

#1-Players are voting each day to elect an executioner. Once a majority is reached, the executioner may post
Execute: Player
. ONCE THIS HAPPENS, NO MORE TALKING IS ALLOWED, AT ALL. There is no twilight in this game. Also, you may not execute a player until I have confirmed that a player has reached a majority. Only then are they authorized to execute.
#2-Players are voting each night to elect a killer. Voting remains anonymous and the killer remains anonymous. Members of the mafia's party count for two instead of one. You have 48 hours to PM me your vote, otherwise it won't count.
I will then PM the killer and they will have 48 hours to select a kill.
Players may not vote for themselves.
#3-Roles will be revealed upon death :o

Good Luck! Sending out PMs. Once you have received your PM, return a PM to me summarizing your role and it's description.
Exe wrote:
Amrun wrote:I'm fine with killing SV over vezok if that's what everyone wants.

Do you not realize that killing at night means we rely on only ONE person's opinion, which DOESN'T take the first kill's flip into account?

I mean, we could talk about who to kill at night, but that leaves us making a decision before we know the flip from the day kill, which is why I think that we shouldn't kill at night.

But here's the kicker. This is why we SHOULD NOT night kill.

If we allow kills at night, then I feel that we leave the mafia a chance to say "well I thought this person was scum."
If we force them to no-kill, they don't get any options to have their way AND
we guarantee that any kills at night are made by scum.
Please, compare and contrast the two parts bolded above. There is no independent scumkill, as you seem to be suggesting. Unless you know something that we, as Town, don't.

I'm working on an extended reply to Umbrage's post, but this caught my eye. You, Sir, are looking worse and worse to me all the time.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:05 am

Post by Exe »

Fail reading comprehension SV.

Ok, let's think this one through.

Let's imagine that all
townies
agree to no-kill at night.
Then someone dies at night.
Now let's use our logic. Who must have taken control of the kill that night?
Correct answer: scum had enough votes to take control of the kill.

This isn't rocket science.

@Amrun: You're still missing the key point of my argument, as I just restated here.
We can discuss all we want for the day kill, but for Night we still have a
lot
of uncertainty, and I would rather we guarantee that the only people that submit a kill are the scum (again, IF THEY GET CONTROL OF IT, since apparently SV can't understand that).

Amrun, please tell me your opinion on this part of my argument.

Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Exe »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Exe wrote: If we force them to no-kill, they don't get any options to have their way AND we guarantee that any kills at night are made by scum.
but how do we know who does the killing? I thought that the killer was secret and decided by the private votes of the players?
Thus, It could be hard to accuse a player since we don't for certain know who voted for who and who made the nightkill.

But your logic does make good sense and gives us a nice edge on the mafioso.
I support no-nightkill. Whether it's practical, I'm unsure.
Missed your post.

Townies have zero incentive to lie about who they voted for at night. We should be able to compare that to whoever claims they received the kill option in order to be at least somewhat informed about what happened at night.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”