A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:06 am

Post by chesskid3 »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:no that's stupid you dayvig people who are hard to lynch
and scum
like MoI :(
You can keep repeating with rhetoric that I'm scum as much as you want. If you would like to provide anything tangible that I can refute I'll address it.

Otherwise I'll just put this down as your standard trolling.

It should be obvious I support Vigging both Zoraster and Raivann in that order.

Truth be told I'd prefer for Cow simply take the shot himself and live with the consequences. [REDACTED] shows how well directing the vig works out and I dislike the abdication of responsability I see in Cow making the request.
yeah you were obvscum since a certain post
lemme see
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Anyone with a Zoraster Town read
– Look at his ISO and please explain to me the Townishness? Is it based on past experience? Because I some ‘See I’m Town look at how worried I am about something that will work itself out’ posting, a single post indicating reads (ISO 4), some unexplained vote-hopping and much filler fluff.

--

@Twilight Sparkle – Hito edition
: I don’t think you ever responded to my question regarding Newb scum’s motivation to draw attention to themselves in a Large Theme game with many experienced players (in relation to Shadow). Did I miss that explanation?

--
xvart wrote:But your willingness to provide examples of town VI killing the town endgame and VI scum winning in endgame is strange based on your first stated premise not to lynch VIs immediately. Where do you draw the line and when should those people be lynched?
I’m starting to wonder about your thought process here. I’ve said it very clearly … if someone (VI or no) acts scummy they should be lynched. It’s a pretty simple process. Letting someone act in a manner consistent with being scum and letting them off the hook for being a VI (or any other ‘they always act this way’ excuse) is just inviting potential disaster down the line.

I draw the line at lynching scummy people (VIs or no) when they act scummy. It's a pretty standard concept.
--
Bunnylover wrote:@MoI: What counts as buddying to you?
I best can demonstrate the prior instances from completed games that to show you what I mean –
Fred Garvin in Newbie 969 wrote:And BTW...that was one quality post from MoI. Took the words right out of my mouth.
This is right after I pointed out (correctly, the argument being made was bad) that an attack on Fred wasn't valid. As I said, as Town my instinct is not say “X made a great post defending me, that’s awesome”.

Next read The Fonz’s ISO 1 and 2 HERE. In context I had been placed under pressure mainly for an ‘Invisible tell’ that MacavityLock ‘had’ (which ended up, of course, being completely invalid). It’s much more subtle than Fred Garvin’s (one of the reasons why it worked for him) but in hindsight it is there.

Lastly we have –
Kapia in Gorrad’s Large Theme Favorites wrote:Btw, great posts by Magna. You defended me better than I would have ever been able to myself. Also good case against Chess, I agree.
Once again I was pointing out why the attack being made wasn’t logical (again, this is independent of Kapia’s actual alignment). What really made this ring my Scumdar was that Kapia played as Town in Newbie 969 and saw Fred Garvin do exactly the same thing.

Then look at diddin’s ISO s 0 and 2 in the sections where he mentions me. While ostensibly attacking GreyICE the manner in which he does so looks more as ‘Defend MoI’ than ‘Go after Scummy GreyICE’. I don’t particularly feel the need to have someone else fight my battles for me and the language diddin chose to use set off my patented Buddying detection system.

--
Zdenek wrote:I've looked at your games in the past, and I don't think that your posting style is radically different depending on whether you're town or scum. As far as the particular issue mentioned in the quote above, is there a particular game that you would like to direct me to? It would be quite difficult for me to demonstrate that you never do something as town, but quite easy, I think, for you to provide evidence that you do.

Do you think that there is a scum motivation behind GreyICE's exaggeration? If you do, what is it?
In regards to the first part I’m asking you to help determine my read on you. I don’t have any particular game I want you to see. I’m just sizing up the potential motivation you may have had in making an attack, however minor you later profess it to be, based on a small subset of games.

I do see scum motivations in GreyICE’s method of attack. Town doesn’t need to attack based on incorrect or exaggerated ‘data’. For example, the attack on DGB for using ‘clearly false’ data was bad since it was demonstrated that DGB wasn’t inaccurate in her statements.

I also don’t like Grey’s habit of ‘attacking the attacker’. I’ve seen multiple instances where he’s focused on rhetoric in labelling questions as ‘useless’ as opposed to answering them.

I also find it suspect that when presented with arguments showing facets of Grey’s attacks are incorrect he suddenly shifts gears. DGB was obvsccum for among other things the whole ‘Post Restriction’ attack and when refuted suddenly DGB disappears from Grey’s ISO. No mention that he was incorrect in his attack. He stops the DBG is obvscum attack cold and suddenly moves on to “I’m going to lynch Muki”.
this one
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:06 am

Post by DTMaster »

Day Unmute Hascow

Day Kill DGB
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:07 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Shadow1psc wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:no that's stupid you dayvig people who are hard to lynch
and scum
like MoI :(
You can keep repeating with rhetoric that I'm scum as much as you want. If you would like to provide anything tangible that I can refute I'll address it.

Otherwise I'll just put this down as your standard trolling.

It should be obvious I support Vigging both Zoraster and Raivann in that order.

Truth be told I'd prefer for Cow simply take the shot himself and live with the consequences.
*nods head*

*holds up one finger*

*points at self*
*points at vote count*
You want to shoot one of the lynch targets?
*shakes head*

*points at vote count*
*shrugs*
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:08 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

ZOMG the diabolical DTMaster is here - :twisted:

VOTE: zoraster
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:09 am

Post by DTMaster »

I need a new day action since I do day kills too many times :<. But yeah I'm here.

One of these days I'll actually be a day vig.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:10 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

DGB - you didn't unvote, also, I know you've been talking about a zoraster lynch and have been sidetracked by grey, but why the sudden change off LL?
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Magua »

Shadow1psc wrote:A dayvig target should be a secondary FoS. Who has everyone made mention of, but put in their back pocket in favor of easier people to lynch.
I disagree with this. We should vote as-is. If someone gets close to the lynch threshold, then they should be day-vigged. Then we can look at the flip and the wagon composition and go from there.

I'm relatively certain this is what hasdgfas is saying (see what I did there?) anyways.

As such, I, for instance, would want diddin day-vigged.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:14 am

Shadow1psc wrote:DGB - you didn't unvote, also, I know you've been talking about a zoraster lynch and have been sidetracked by grey, but why the sudden change off LL?
I don't need to unvote.

The LL wagon is not going anywhere. Had the atmosphere in the game been more normal earlier on, I probably would have voted someone else at some point. I haven't paid LL attention at all for a while anyway.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Magua wrote:
Shadow1psc wrote:A dayvig target should be a secondary FoS. Who has everyone made mention of, but put in their back pocket in favor of easier people to lynch.
I disagree with this. We should vote as-is. If someone gets close to the lynch threshold, then they should be day-vigged. Then we can look at the flip and the wagon composition and go from there.

I'm relatively certain this is what hasdgfas is saying (see what I did there?) anyways.

As such, I, for instance, would want diddin day-vigged.
that's another good way to look at it I suppose. I've never played with a dayvig, but what then happens? You're just reversing the order of things really I guess.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:16 am

Magua wrote:I'm relatively certain this is what hasdgfas is saying (see what I did there?) anyways.
Maybe he's telling us he has a factional NK and would like some PR claims out there before the lynch :wink:

Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Magua wrote:I'm relatively certain this is what hasdgfas is saying (see what I did there?) anyways.
Maybe he's telling us he has a factional NK and would like some PR claims out there before the lynch :wink:
...what?
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:22 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 1.17

Mikujin (2) Locke Lamora, Danakillsu
xvart (3) Thor665, DTMaster, Xtoxm
DTMaster (1) Shadow1psc
Thor665 (2) Twilight Sparkle, Raivann
diddin (2) Magua, xvart
danakillsu (1) Benmage
Xtoxm (1) Hasdgfas
Drippinggoofball (2) Mikujin, Nexus
Raivann (6) LynchMePls, Feysal, diddin, Zdenek, Zoraster, Bunnylover

Locke Lamora (1) Kast
|oraster (2) MagnaofIllusion, DrippingoofBall
MagnaofIllusion (1) chesskid3

Not voting (1) Percy

With 25 alive it takes 13 to lynch.

Raise Count 1.17

Locke Lamora (1) Locke Lamora
Twilight Sparkle (3) Bunnylover, xvart, DTMaster
DrippingGoofball (1) Danakillsu
Danakillsu (1) chesskid3
Benmage (6) Benmage, Thor665, diddin, Mikujin, MagnaofIllusion, Zdenek

Magua (3) Hasdgfas, LynchMePls, Feysal
Percy (1) Magua
DTMaster (1) Raivann

Not raising (8)Nexus, Percy, Xtoxm, Zoraster, Twilight Sparkle, DrippingGoofball, Kast, Shadow1psc

With 25 alive it takes 13 to raise someone

* Thor665 will be prodded
*Any mistakes in the votecount please point them out.
* Deadline countdown is here
[/quote]
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Magua »

@Hasdgfas:
If you use your power, does the day's deadline get extended?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:25 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Magua wrote:
@Hasdgfas:
If you use your power, does the day's deadline get extended?
*shakes head*
DrippingGoofball wrote:
*bangs head against tree*
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Magua »

Ok. Given our deadline is a little over seven days away, I'd like this done before the end of Sunday, that is, a little over three days away. That'll give us four days to look at the information from what happened and lynch someone else.

@Raivann:
You said you had a townread on diddin, and asked him not to vote you. What do you think of the other people on your wagon: LynchMePls, Feysal, Zdenek, Zoraster, and Bunnylover?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:37 am

Post by chesskid3 »

or just shoot MoI now
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:49 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Kast wrote: @LL-
Thoughts on anything other than Mikujin? (Rehashing MoI on xvart-"tell" is fine, anything else?)
Yeah, I'm interested to know why you think I'm a more capable scum player than Zoraster.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by danakillsu »

I would of course tell you to dayvig Mikujin. He has done nothing in this game except take the easy path and bandwagon DGB, who called him out at the start of the game, and who just about everybody has suspected this game.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by Kast »

@Zdenek-
-So, you choose to believe the question is insincere and thus ignore it. Having ignored it, you conclude that instead of
ASKING HIM FOR META TO CLARIFY HIS POSITION
I was instead
STATING THAT HIS POSITION IS SCUMMY
. If you pick and choose parts to believe and parts to ignore, then it's easy to create a BS justification like you are doing now.
-To say something rubs me wrong is, if anything, a gut read which by is practically by definition not an attempt to convince others of anything.
--I could somewhat buy your claim that you thought the phrase "rubs me wrong" in isolation implies I suspect GreyIce. However, I don't see at all how you can possibly claim the rest of my posts support that.
-The two are equivalent. "Paint[ing]
someone as scummy
for no real reason" is the same as "pushing not-scummy behavior as if it was scummy". Objection to the verb "paint" instead of "push" is semantics. I guess you're trying to justify your modified position.
Equivalently wrote:The first one only requires that one [push] someone for things that have no bearing on their alignment and then allows others to construe that the negative behaviour is scummy, but in the second, the person making the initial attack has to [paint] the person's behaviour as though it is scummy.
Your first statement is incomplete. By stating the bold portion, you REQUIRE an affiliation judgment (direct or implicit).

Additionally, your claim that the phrase "rubs me wrong" indicates suspicion of GreyIce is admission that you are pushing this:
[Kast] tried push GreyIce's "negative but not scummy behavior" as if it was scummy behavior
it's with you asking him a question that I don't think that you ever intended him to answer, and saying that his behaviour rubbed you the wrong way.
Lol, this is completely new :)
-Your prior objection was mudslinging by using the words "overreacting", "paranoid", and "crazy".
--Please clarify your problem with asking a question that you think I did not wanted him to answer.
--Please clarify your problem with players stating that something "rubs them wrong".

@Raivann-
To be clear, your reason for suspecting Song/Thor is that you think someone who likes this game theme (Song) would only replace out if he got a scum role. Is that accurate?

@Cow-
Great, please shoot LL or Zoraster. I'd prefer LL, but either one works.

To the best of my knowledge, LL's town meta is to patiently read other posts, ask clarifying questions, and avoid pushing any cases until he has a solid read. In this game, he's not paying much attention, he made an early almost RVS vote, then proceeded to tunnel on his first vote target.

@Chess, 653-
What would offering yourself as a lynch accomplish?

@Shadow, 665-
A night vig should shoot his suspects who are unlikely to be lynched. A dayvig who offers to shoot based on a town
vote
should be treated as a second lynch.

@LL-
I think you're a capable player in general. I don't hold the same opinion of Zoraster.

@Cow-
If you're intending to kill based on the vote counts, then Zoraster is preferable to Raivann, but a Raivann kill wouldn't be so bad either.

VOTE: Zoraster

@DGB-
How does your read on cow and his post restriction change based on his day vig claim?
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by Kast »

@Cow-
Also, if you're planning to shoot today, it would be great if you can name your target by tonight/tomorrow so there's time for a claim and evaluation.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

If Hascow is a confirmable Dayvig with a post restriction, we have a townie for the rest of the game, unless scum really want to waste a kill on him, in which case he's spent. No offense to you, Hascow, not to make you come of as expendable, but this is win/win for town imo.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by diddin »

Raivann wrote:@Diddin- Did you see songs post?
Song of Ice and Fire wrote:This too is my first big game on mafiascum, though I have played tons on other sites. I just couldn't resist the theme :D

VOTE: xvart I like 8, and you stole it from me.
Here it is. So you voted Song for talking about her game history and an RVS vote?

Raivann's switch back to Thor after the xvart wagon was proven to be crap is scum looking for an easy wagon, then backtracking.

I would support a dayvigging of Raivann or Magua.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

@Kast: Shows how serious I am being right now.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by zoraster »

Aren't these two contradictory?
Kast wrote:@Cow-
Great, please shoot LL or Zoraster. I'd prefer LL, but either one works.

To the best of my knowledge, LL's town meta is to patiently read other posts, ask clarifying questions, and avoid pushing any cases until he has a solid read. In this game, he's not paying much attention, he made an early almost RVS vote, then proceeded to tunnel on his first vote target.
Same Post from Kast wrote:VOTE: Zoraster
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Kast »

@Zoraster-
No
Show