Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by Amrun »

Oh, shoot, I forgot StrungOut was on V/LA. My b.

Umbrage, I think you're missing the nuance in my post, at least.

I was discussing the possibility of StrungOut and CoolDog kills because others were. They are not who I want to kill.

I want to kill SV, vezok, or Tragedy (who has moved up on my list).

However, I have vowed to do what town wants, and just because I want to kill certain people doesn't mean I shouldn't scumhunt on anyone and everyone.

I really do NOT want to kill SO or CD yet, but if the town wants me to, I will. If we choose to do that, I think night is a better choice. I hope that others are chosen, though.

And Charter called you out pretty well in that last post. That's a blatant discrepancy.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by Final Fires »

Umbrage wrote:@ Final Fires and somewhat to Amrun: I can't help but notice you're picking on players who are absent or haven't made much content. Going after weak players like that strikes me as scummy. We shouldn't be hunting minnows, let's fry the big fish. Go for the scum that are active. Charter. SV. Exe. Vezok.

I have a gut read of SO as scum and CD as town. But that's just gut. I'm not willing to decide a kill on it. Going for one of them is a cop-out. A lottery. Maybe scum, maybe lurky town. Who knows?

I don't like how FF mentions an SO kill, then Exe and Amrun are suddenly all over it. I have a feeling an SO bandwagon will attract scum like shit attracts flies.
It would be very easy for scum to lie low and completely avoid suspicion the way this game has been going. So far it's all of the players who have been posting frequently who have been accused of being scum (twisted, yourself, exe, etc), and there's been almost no talk of those who don't post as much (the only exception being vez). I don't want this to turn into a game where the town tears itself apart, and the scum get a free pass because we ignored the lurkers.

What's your opinion on Tragedy?
StrungOver wrote:I'm sick guys I'm really sorry. I will read the thread during N1...
I'm sorry that you're sick, and I hope you feel better.

However, my accusation against you lurking still stands. Especially because the last time you posted in this thread was the 13th, but you did post in other threads on the 14th, 15th, and 16th.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Amrun »

^^^ Ouch, StrungOver.

That's not great.

Nice catch, FF.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by Final Fires »

And also,
charter wrote:Wait, two posts ago I was lurkerscum, now I'm activescum because there's talk of killing a lurker. Can't have both there. Looks like one of the lurkers is the last scum with Umbrage and Ant.
Can you clarify what you meant by this and who it was directed to?
StrungOver
StrungOver
Goon
StrungOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by StrungOver »

ya I posted tiny things telling the mods I was sick and would have limited access,
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Amrun »

Can someone check on what SO said? I'm on my phone.

@FF: I believe charter was addressing Umbrage.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by Final Fires »

StrungOver wrote:ya I posted tiny things telling the mods I was sick and would have limited access,
First of all, my bad on the last post. You did post on the 14th in this thread, I just missed it.

You weren't especially active in any of your other games, I'll give you that. But you did more than 'little things'; you voted and claimed. Both of these significant actions suggest that you at least kept up with those threads.

For now I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. However, I'm keeping you on my scumdar.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by Amrun »

SO: If you posted on other threads later, why not even post here to say you're V/LA?

And you were voting in other threads...?

Lynch All Liars.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Exe »

Strungover was lurkey long before he was V/LA. Frankly, I don't think V/LA excuses him.

And no, I wouldn't kill SO during the day, that'd be like lynching a lurker.
However, look in any game with a vig, you'll learn that lurker's are vig-bait. And frankly, I say the best use of the Night kill is for vig purposes.

Also, this is my current theory, and I'm pretty confident in it actually.
I'm fairly certain the scum are:
Umbrage
&
1 of the lurker/active lurkers (Tragedy, SO, Cooldog) I'd bet SO or Cooldog. Tragedy isn't playing quite like the game we played when she was scum. I wish Cooldog had stayed, because in my experience he's a pretty obvious read for me. Oh well.
&
1 of my less confident town reads (Ant, Haschel, FF, Amrun, SV) Of this group, my money is on SV.

I'd be willing to bet that there's only 1 scum in each of those groups.

If I am wrong about Umbrage, then I'd say there are prob two scum in the second group. But frankly, I don't think I'm wrong about that.

In regards to a vote thingy,
Please Kill: Umbrage
I'm sticking by this read.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:21 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Amrun wrote: Yes, I know.

But how, in that situation, would exe NOT have looked scummy if TS flipped town?

He would have put town at a huge disadvantage on purpose. It would have been classic scum, just obvscum.

And yet you wanted to keep him alive no matter what. Why?

I see zero town motivation in this.
Eh, I guess it was mostly me just not making rash decisions. I don't like making choices on the fly.
Exe wrote: I think that Vezo should
not
reveal his role if we don't plan to kill him. The reason for this is that then scum will have to decide for sure if Vezo is telling the truth or if he is just bluffing, which forces them to make a harder decision. If we force Vezo to claim, but don't plan to kill him, then we risk the chance that scum get the kill AND know exactly whether or not they need to kill Vezo.
And, to your second part, if you understand this part now, I think you'll see that I meant that scum having WIFOM is a good thing.
Then there is also the possibility of scum PR counter roles. I also agree that it might not be the best idea.
charter wrote: Notice how Umbrage leaves Ant off his list of 'low content posters' and Ant is right at the bottom. It's clear as day these two are scumbuddies.

Kill Umbrage, when he flips scum, Kill Ant.
qft
charter wrote:Ant is still scum. His response to my questions were mostly just sluffing them off.
If they were not so bad, I might have actually had to spend more than 2 seconds looking at it.

I would be up for a charter kill. Look at all his post. All very unfriendly and nothing but attacking people and not helping town discussion. If Umbrage is also scum there is a really great connection between the two.
Charter picks twistedspoon, Umbrage, and me to attack the whole game. 2(?) townies and 1 scum buddy? Sounds like an easy scum move. All scumminess from twistedspoon has disappeared once the wagon on him has died. Now it seems like he is trying to bus the heal out of Umbrage if they are scum. Watch for that.

Tragedy wrote: Meanwhile, there's only WITCHES, as some would obviously read and notice from their Role PM as well, amIRight?
HEY! This seems like a good time to bring this up. What were you trying to say here? (I think I know, but I just want you to say it)
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:53 pm

Post by Amrun »

@But it actually is you MAKING a rash decision. You didn't say, "Let's consider this carefully before deciding," you said, "Exe needs to stay alive."

And why did you qft someone who wants to kill you?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:08 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:
charter wrote: Notice how Umbrage leaves Ant off his list of 'low content posters' and Ant is right at the bottom. It's clear as day these two are scumbuddies.

Kill Umbrage, when he flips scum, Kill Ant.
qft
Amrun wrote: And why did you qft someone who wants to kill you?
The only reason why I see would have been if he was sarcastic (very difficult to see in forums) or if he believed umbrage town, so that Charter's killing of him could never happen.
Don't take my word for it though, I'm sure ant can explain fully :]
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:09 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I agree with killing SO at night.

@FF: that was from the star wars rap. It was just a funny thing not something literal.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:14 am

Post by Umbrage »

@ charter: I can't very well say you're lurking when I'm responding to your post, can I? But at the same time your activity and content per post is below par.

Still don't know why Exe wants to kill me, other than I disagree with him. Still not liking an SO kill.

@ Twistedspoon: Never, ever, ever answer a question directed at someone else for them.

To be honest, charter's beginning to look a little better, but I still think he's the best kill for today. I'm very interested in seeing SV's response to me though.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:54 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Amrun wrote:@But it actually is you MAKING a rash decision. You didn't say, "Let's consider this carefully before deciding," you said, "Exe needs to stay alive."

And why did you qft someone who wants to kill you?
I was responding to the claim Umbrage made.

And no. Charter's case on me is so dumb/BS/mudslinging/missrep/false information (take your pick) that I found it be very slanderous. Most of what he as said about me really fits himself than me.

@Charter: So....what do you still think about twistedspoon?
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Exe »

I'm seriously bothered by Ant's defense and counter-accusation of Charter. It's pretty much rubbish.

Your first accusation is
Ant wrote:All very unfriendly and nothing but attacking people and not helping town discussion.
Unfriendly? That's a scumtell? Besides the fact that I don't see charter as "unfriendly" at all...
And how in the world is attack people NOT helpful. You're basically accusing him of scumhunting while saying that it's not helpful...

Also, the deliberate attempt to tie Charter to Umbrage is a serious "NO YOU," especially since Ant never mentions Umbrage as a suspect. I mean, why would you immediately jump to "Charter is bussing Umbrage," when you've never called Umbrage scum...?

There is just so much wrong with that post.

The icing on the cake are these two quotes:
Ant wrote:Charter's case on me is so dumb/BS/mudslinging/missrep/false information (take your pick) that I found it be very slanderous.
And
Ant wrote:Most of what he as said about me really fits himself than me.
For the first, you really just sound like you're trying to throw words at charter and hope they stick. Not really the sound of a townie with a confident scum read.
And the second is yet another "NO YOU."

Ant has seriously just shot up my scum-meter. Those posts are just
really
off.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:28 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

vezokpiraka wrote:I agree with killing SO at night.
O rly?

What evidence do we have that he is mafia? Sure, he could have been lurkking/active lurking, but apart from this is seems a little Anti-town from the little game-related info he's provided us with. We don't know his opinions on anything yet :s
But hey, that's your opinion, and SO could very possibly be scum, Who can say?
Amrun wrote:SO: If you posted on other threads later, why not even post here to say you're V/LA?

And you were voting in other threads...?

Lynch All Liars.
I do see little reason why SO would lie if He was town. Heck, Why would anyone lie if they weren't town?
Umbrage wrote:Still not liking an SO kill.
It looks like we're all divided over an SO kill :/
I find it safer if we don't execute him today, but that's just my opinion, and I'm sure you have your reasons. He's certainly not the least suspicious player :/

I'd favour a Tragedy lynch, but wouldn't mind hearing more from our old friend SV

~Screwtape
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:43 am

Post by Umbrage »

Dammit. On the one hand, Exe looks like he's helping out his buddy charter with a chainsaw on Ant. On the other hand, he does make some good points. Dammitdammitdammit.

Actually, Vezok saying SO is a good kill proves my point, a wagon on an absent player will draw out the scum. Vezok just became more scummy.

@ Exe: You've said vezokpiraka normally plays like this. Is that the only reason you find him town?
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:10 am

Post by Exe »

Umbrage wrote:Exe looks like he's helping out his buddy charter with a chainsaw on Ant.
If you're really town, my advice to you in this situation is to assume that my attack on Ant is unrelated to Charter until we see a flip. It's Tar's basic logic, and IMHO it works.
I mean, yeah I find charter town, but those Ant posts are just really bad.
Umbrage wrote:@ Exe: You've said vezokpiraka normally plays like this. Is that the only reason you find him town?
I've known Vezo to be a teensy bit of a VI, and in my experience make a lot of slip-ups. A lot of the case on Vezo relies on the argument that he's being subtle, subterfugical (word I just made up) and basically having ulterior motives to his comments. So basically, I don't see Vezo trying to mask a rolefish, I see him asking a question without understanding the consequences.
Another example, I also don't see him claiming to live 1 more night in order to trick the town as a scum PR or something like that.
It's just too WIFOM for Vezo, he tends to be straightforward and try to stay out of everyone's hair as scum. These are the mistakes that I expect out of a town-vezo.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:44 am

Post by charter »

Final Fires wrote:And also,
charter wrote:Wait, two posts ago I was lurkerscum, now I'm activescum because there's talk of killing a lurker. Can't have both there. Looks like one of the lurkers is the last scum with Umbrage and Ant.
Can you clarify what you meant by this and who it was directed to?
I referenced the posts in question in my next post (they answer your questions).
Umbrage wrote:@ charter: I can't very well say you're lurking when I'm responding to your post, can I? But at the same time your activity and content per post is below par.
Ok. But you didn't explain how in post 396 you call me "scum that are active" if you think my activity and content are below par. You accuse me of tunneling, and call me scum for it, but you're tunneling on me just as much. Tunneling isn't a scumtell in my book, but your selective application of logic sure is.

Exe beat me to the punch in regards to Ant's latest accusations on me. Looks like he just slipped up him and Umbrage are buddies. I don't think it gets any more obvious than that. Umbrage looks like he's debating whether to abandon ship with regards to his Anttown/Charterscum reads, but it's way too late for that.

I think someone asked me about my read on TS. Right now it's slightly town. I was thinking he was scum before the daykill, but the fakedaykill in conjunction with Umbrage's using TS as town as his basis for suspecting me makes me believe his case on me is contingent on TS being town (which if Umbrage is scum, he would know whether it's true or not). It's what I often try to do as scum, so I pick up on it easily.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:59 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Exe wrote: Unfriendly? That's a scumtell? Besides the fact that I don't see charter as "unfriendly" at all...
And how in the world is attack people NOT helpful. You're basically accusing him of scumhunting while saying that it's not helpful...
Not really scumhunting at all. More of just attacking the same 3 people the entire time. And the unhelpful comment is he sits back and does they
"ohhh look and what he did! Toootttallllyyyy scummyyyy" and just like he is trying to start rumors like a 14 year old girl.
Exe wrote: Also, the deliberate attempt to tie Charter to Umbrage is a serious "NO YOU," especially since Ant never mentions Umbrage as a suspect. I mean, why would you immediately jump to "Charter is bussing Umbrage," when you've never called Umbrage scum...?
Just throwing it out there in case it ever comes up.
Exe wrote: For the first, you really just sound like you're trying to throw words at charter and hope they stick. Not really the sound of a townie with a confident scum read.
And the second is yet another "NO YOU."
You are right. More of a townie who had a bad day in real life and unloaded a bit on the internet.
Although, I still stand by "if the boot fits" which I think it does.

As for the "NO U" part, I am accusing him of fake scumhunting. And posting useless content. Same thing he said I am doing.

part 2 of my thoughts will be just a separate post
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:01 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

charter wrote: I think someone asked me about my read on TS. Right now it's slightly town. I was thinking he was scum before the daykill, but the fakedaykill in conjunction with Umbrage's using TS as town as his basis for suspecting me makes me believe his case on me is contingent on TS being town (which if Umbrage is scum, he would know whether it's true or not). It's what I often try to do as scum, so I pick up on it easily.
You were thinking?????
charter wrote: Man, TS is trying his absolute hardest to dig his grave as fast as possible with 122 and calling attention to people not providing content, when it really seems like he isn't either. It's especially bad how he blames everyone because 'no one has mentioned him yet' like it's our fault for ignoring a lurker to go after scum (him). And then TS doesn't ask for his opinions on anything, just leaves it very vague, so I get the impression he doesn't care about SO's opinions, but wants the spotlight off of himself.

I'd also kill scum immediately upon being elected.
charter wrote: Not sure where you're getting 'Charter doesn't care who is elected' since I haven't said that. I've actually said just the opposite, that we should elect Exe since he will kill TS.
charter wrote:This is like the third time Umbrage has made a very obvious deflection for TS. To be honest, we can't kill these two fast enough.
charter wrote:Twisted is also scummy. I wouldn't mind him getting killed, either. After Shattered mentions his name and sheeping, he immediately accuses other players of sheeping. Pretty poor defense.

With Umbrage thinking TS is town (no idea how anyone can think that)
You were thinking?????
THINKING????
It really sounds like you were trying to ride that wagon as hard as you possibly could because you were 100% sure he was scum...what is up there?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:04 am

Post by charter »

Really? You're arguing that when I said "I was thinking TS was scum" that isn't reflective of my posting where I called TS scum?
And you say my accusations are bad?
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

V/LA until monday

sry guys

~Screwtape
Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by Final Fires »

This is from a while ago, but...
charter wrote:And now Umbrage is clawing for scumbag of the year. His list in 142 is wrong. His town reads are all the scummy people and everyone he doesn't list as town looks quite town.
Why were you so confident umbrage's town list was wrong?
charter wrote:Third, I'm pretty sure Axe is scum.
Who were you refering to as "axe"? Exe?

Also, I noticed a small contradiction here:
charter wrote:Third, I'm pretty sure Axe is scum.
Who were you refering to as "axe"? Exe?

Also, I noticed a small contradiction here:
charter wrote:You accuse me of tunneling, and call me scum for it, but you're tunneling on me just as much. Tunneling isn't a scumtell in my book, but your selective application of logic sure is.
However, earlier when Twisted was accused of sheeping and responded by saying that his attacker was sheeping too, Charter called him scum for it and said:
charter wrote:If the attack wasn't valid, he would have an easy time showing that. TS initially perceived the accusation as valid, and responded scummily. That's what's scummy.
I think this has been asked, but I don't think it's been answered.
Tragedy wrote:Meanwhile, there's only WITCHES, as some would obviously read and notice from their Role PM as well, amIRight?
What was meant by this?
Tragedy wrote:@Umbrage: I just came back from school just now and gotta pick up my bros.
More content later, but YOU.
You're just trying to distance yourself away since I have no content yet
Is it just me or is this a scum slip? Scum don't distance from townies. Townies don't distance from scum. Town doesn't distance from town. Only scum distance from scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”