A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Chesskid wrote:yeah you were obvscum since a certain post
lemme see
As usual you don’t actually both to try to pretend to show why it is scummy but just hope that Appealing to Repetition works for you.

That said let’s do some timeline analysis.

The post in question you quote here is Post 426.

You call suddenly call me obvsum in post 597.

What did you do in the meantime –
Chesskid at 427 wrote:LMP needs a sense of humour. >_>
Look, you posted a good 30 minutes after I made said post. This was the very next game post. You had plenty of time to read my post and comment on it’s obvscum nature. But you didn’t. Moving on,
Chesskid at 459 wrote:oh crap it's thor.
SORRY THOR GOSH
Chesskid at 462 wrote:Kast has a scummy avatar, and it's making me unable to read him
At 465 you make a stellar contribution that consists of simply quoting a post from Shadow. The inference is that it’s a good post. Ironic that you who joined the game saying he’s a VI suddenly move to parroting him.
Chesskid at 473 wrote:I feel like everyone in this game is deliberately ignoring everything I say and it makes me sad.
Chesskid at 519 wrote:give me governor then
i'm always on lol
don't know what that has to do with anything
BUT I GET AWESOME SUPAPOWERS IF I GET HAND
.......or do i? wink wink wink
Chesskid at 529 wrote:Jesus christ man its like you're all figments of my imagination, and my imagination is ignoring me :/
At 542 you quote your own post 519 in further desperate attempts to draw attention.
Chesskid at 547 wrote:this is why my vote never moved from him

In reference you are talking about your ‘xvart’ read here.
Chesskid at 548 wrote:also can people stop ignoring the quoted post of mine?
Chesskid at 569 wrote:^ good fucking posting
Referencing a Mod post :roll:
Chesskid at 571 wrote:he fuck am I reading?
PL the post-restricted guy d1 for a good lynch
THE FUCK I SAY
At 573 you quote Bunnylover for some unknown reason.
Chesskid at 575 wrote:scum, obv
xvart wagon is going places though
And then you finally post your suspicion at 597,

So either –

A. You let said obv post sit uncommented on for 171 posts (yes, almost 7 complete pages) or
B. You were tired of being the ignored VI and decided to start trolling to get any sort of attention. When called upon it you just grabbed something out of your ass.

Yes, I think B is what is happened.

There, your 15 minutes of Troll happiness has expired. Hope you had fun
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:14 pm

Magua wrote:We should vote as-is. If someone gets close to the lynch threshold, then they should be day-vigged. Then we can look at the flip and the wagon composition and go from there.
This is a recipe for disaster. Unfortunately [REDACTED] is not going to end before today ends to demonstrate why. Using a claimed Dayvig as a second lynch is going to result in a rushed Vig and a rushed deadline vote. When that happened Day 1 in Clash a Town Bulletproof got lynched at deadline over Scum.

If Cow is going to shoot today he should vig who he suspects and deal with the fall-out. Thor as Dayvig in Clash got it right.

I don’t like Cow’s offering it up unbidden and I don’t like his attempt to skirt responsibility by making it a voted move.

--
Shadow wrote:If Hascow is a confirmable Dayvig with a post restriction, we have a townie for the rest of the game, unless scum really want to waste a kill on him, in which case he's spent. No offense to you, Hascow, not to make you come of as expendable, but this is win/win for town imo.
If everything you posit here is correct then assuming he can help scum-hunt effectively around the post restriction than it is a boon for Town. RichardGHP in Clash proved how a basically confirmed Townie who doesn’t scum-hunt can end up hurting Town.

--
diddin wrote:I would support a dayvigging of Raivann or Magua.
Explain why you would dayvig Magua.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Benmage »

Why does this feel like a repeat? Is this where I laugh for not being lynched for active lurking?? :shifty: :shifty:
... In all honesty I've just been swamped... I got through a couple pages today but am still roughly 10 behind...Sorry team. Just need SOME...TIME...and been crazy swamped.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Benmage »

7 days to deadline phew... I'll catchup by saturday!
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

oh my bad
585+592 was your scumclaim, then.
The last post of yours before that post of mine.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

yeah 585
scumclaim
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by Magua »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:This is a recipe for disaster. Unfortunately [REDACTED] is not going to end before today ends to demonstrate why. Using a claimed Dayvig as a second lynch is going to result in a rushed Vig and a rushed deadline vote. When that happened Day 1 in Clash a Town Bulletproof got lynched at deadline over Scum.
Do you not think we can come up with a good target with 3 days?
And/or, do you not think we can come up with a good lynch within 4 days after that (7 days total)?

There were 9 scum in Clash of Kings. Shooting one would be nice, but hasdgfas simply shooting one does not help us *nearly* as much as seeing who wanted that person shot. Hasdgfas shooting town without any input is pretty much a complete waste of his ability and opportunity -- shooting town after being directed to gives us the information about who was on the "wagon".
MagnaofIllusion wrote: I don’t like Cow’s offering it up unbidden and I don’t like his attempt to skirt responsibility by making it a voted move.
I'm trying to come up with any possible scum motivation that you could be assigning to this that you don't like, and I'm completely unable to do so. So what is it that you don't like about this?
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

I would like Mikujin vigged, but I don't think there's enough support there, so Raivann is good for that awful support of Grey's case. I'd rather it gets done in the next 48 hours if Cow is going to use it, though.

Unvote: Vote: Raivann

Kast: your case is reliant on a small part of my town meta, in a game that we played quite a long time ago. Have you read my more recent town or scum games?

MoI: do you think Cow offering it up unbidden and getting it to be voted on is more likely to be a scum move?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:13 am

Post by chesskid3 »

>_>
I read MoI in Lost s2 during D1 correctly. (Sure, I didn't put any reasons in thread, but my first post in the deadthread after reviving the cop d1 was "MoI is scum")
I read Smargaret in Pirates during d1 correctly.
I read Exilon as scum on d1 in Resurgence after replacing in D1 (then got killed n1). (we've both flipped).
Why no chesskidlove?
As far as my reads in a game go, they're usually good d1, and they slip after.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:13 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Shit, even Gorrad's, I got a scumread on Kapia based on my antics and OH DUH SHE WAS SCUM HMM
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:15 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Lost S1 I read Jason d1, also read AGar (but i had a NA guilty on him so I won't count that).
Trust the chesskid.
Shoot the MoI.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:46 am

Post by hasdgfas »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Magua wrote:We should vote as-is. If someone gets close to the lynch threshold, then they should be day-vigged. Then we can look at the flip and the wagon composition and go from there.
This is a recipe for disaster. Unfortunately [REDACTED] is not going to end before today ends to demonstrate why. Using a claimed Dayvig as a second lynch is going to result in a rushed Vig and a rushed deadline vote. When that happened Day 1 in Clash a Town Bulletproof got lynched at deadline over Scum.

If Cow is going to shoot today he should vig who he suspects and deal with the fall-out. Thor as Dayvig in Clash got it right.

I don’t like Cow’s offering it up unbidden and I don’t like his attempt to skirt responsibility by making it a voted move.
*gives thumbs up sign*
Magua wrote:There were 9 scum in Clash of Kings. Shooting one would be nice, but hasdgfas simply shooting one does not help us *nearly* as much as seeing who wanted that person shot. Hasdgfas shooting town without any input is pretty much a complete waste of his ability and opportunity -- shooting town after being directed to gives us the information about who was on the "wagon".
*hesitates*
:neutral:

*points at own eyes*
*points at everyone*

MagnaofIllusion wrote: I don’t like Cow’s offering it up unbidden and I don’t like his attempt to skirt responsibility by making it a voted move.
I'm trying to come up with any possible scum motivation that you could be assigning to this that you don't like, and I'm completely unable to do so. So what is it that you don't like about this?[/quote]
MagnaofIllusion wrote: attempt to skirt responsibility by making it a voted move.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:56 am

Post by chesskid3 »

erm
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:58 am

Magua wrote:Do you not think we can come up with a good target with 3 days?
And/or, do you not think we can come up with a good lynch within 4 days after that (7 days total)?
Do I think we can suggest good targets in that time frame? Yes.

Do I think using voting as a mechanic to come to a consensus about who to Vig we can do it in 3 days? No way in hell. Getting anywhere close to the 13 votes necessary to normally lynch in a Large game is an undertaking.

The inherent delays involved when someone claims also sets the process back. So I'd prefer that we go back to voting for the player we want lynched and work towards the end of day as normal.
Magua wrote:There were 9 scum in Clash of Kings. Shooting one would be nice, but hasdgfas simply shooting one does not help us *nearly* as much as seeing who wanted that person shot. Hasdgfas shooting town without any input is pretty much a complete waste of his ability and opportunity -- shooting town after being directed to gives us the information about who was on the "wagon".
I just got done arguing this exact point with someone in [REDACTED]. You get no more information out of seeing who someone wants Dayvigged than you do from seeing someone get lynched based on the way we seem to be handling it. I understand that this is a game-theory disagreement but I stand by my position.

Diddin and Bunnylover can both attest to this if necessary. Technically DGB can also.

--
Magua wrote:I'm trying to come up with any possible scum motivation that you could be assigning to this that you don't like, and I'm completely unable to do so. So what is it that you don't like about this?
Locke wrote:MoI: do you think Cow offering it up unbidden and getting it to be voted on is more likely to be a scum move?
I’m addressing these both at once since they are ostensibly the same question.

I don’t dislike it because it is a scum-motivated play. I dislike it because it is clearly suboptimal Town play. Thor’s play in Clash is the proper way to use a Dayvig. Again I’d point to [REDACTED] and to a lesser extent also [REDACTED] as clear evidence of why I think it’s not beneficial to Town.

Cow’s been around the block long enough to know better.

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:25 am

Post by LimMePls »

I agree with MOI's position on the dayvig.

@Cow: Use your judgment and make the best shot you can. Your choice will say a lot about you (instead of a little about X other players voting would), and since we already get that information from regular voting, it helps all of us get a better read on you to see you choose.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:50 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

As people were discussing who to lynch a body was found! Someone was dead. It was Xtoxm,

Xtoxm -
Catelyn Stark - Stark Neighbouriser
was killed day 1

Day continues, with 24 alive it still takes 13 to lynch. Vote count stays as is, will have an updated vote count in a second.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:52 am

Post by LimMePls »

BRILLIANT!
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:53 am

@Cow
- Please confirm that Xtoxm's dead body is the result of your actions.

Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:57 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 1.18

Mikujin (1) Danakillsu
xvart (2) Thor665, DTMaster
DTMaster (1) Shadow1psc
Thor665 (2) Twilight Sparkle, Raivann
diddin (2) Magua, xvart
danakillsu (1) Benmage
Drippinggoofball (2) Mikujin, Nexus
Raivann (7) LynchMePls, Feysal, diddin, Zdenek, Zoraster, Bunnylover, Locke Lamora

Zoraster (3) MagnaofIllusion, DrippingoofBall, Kast
MagnaofIllusion (1) chesskid3

Not voting (2) Percy, Hasdgfas

With 24 alive it takes 13 to lynch.

Raise Count 1.18

Locke Lamora (1) Locke Lamora
Twilight Sparkle (3) Bunnylover, xvart, DTMaster
DrippingGoofball (1) Danakillsu
Danakillsu (1) chesskid3
Benmage (6) Benmage, Thor665, diddin, Mikujin, MagnaofIllusion, Zdenek

Magua (3) Hasdgfas, LynchMePls, Feysal
Percy (1) Magua
DTMaster (1) Raivann

Not raising (7)Nexus, Percy, Zoraster, Twilight Sparkle, DrippingGoofball, Kast, Shadow1psc

With 24 alive it takes 13 to raise someone

* Thor665 has informed me he's slightly V/la
*Any mistakes in the votecount please point them out.
* Deadline countdown is here
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:06 am

Post by LimMePls »

Xtoxm wrote:Townly
GreyICE
Magua
Twighlight
Chesskid
Feysal
Zoraster

Scummy
Mikujin
Benmage
Shadow
My guess is there is a stark on these lists, possible one on each.

Unvote
Vote: Zoraster

V/LA on weekends
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Hey, who called that? Yeah, Shadow ;)
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:08 am

Post by LimMePls »

Xtoxm wrote:I've read more of the thread and my opinions have changed somewhat.

Why are you calling GreyICE scum? That's part of why I voted Xvart.
Although this bears mentioning as well.

V/LA on weekends
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:13 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Also, WTH is neighboriser? The latter half worries me, and the former seems to point to friendly neighbor type deal maybe? Would there be a separate faction that doesn't know each other, and is big enough to have a neighbor role?
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:19 am

Post by LimMePls »

Someone who can choose a player and open a QT with that player. This making them "neighbors" (players with a shared QT that don't know each others alignments). Thus "neighborizer".

V/LA on weekends
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:21 am

Post by Feysal »

I was replying to posts, when I saw in preview that Xtoxm was dead. My views on how to handle the dayvig are too late, but since I already typed them, I'm posting them anyway.
Raivann #642 wrote:So you want me dayvigged before I could even claim? Feysal is so scum.
I can voice my support for you to be dayvigged or lynched, and since neither is about to happen immediately, you are going to get your chance to claim. Meanwhile, could you explain why you want to have Thor (Song) lynched so badly? If you are town, you are not helping anyone by withholding your reasons, least of all yourself.
MagnaofIllusion #701 wrote:This is a recipe for disaster. Unfortunately [REDACTED] is not going to end before today ends to demonstrate why. Using a claimed Dayvig as a second lynch is going to result in a rushed Vig and a rushed deadline vote. When that happened Day 1 in Clash a Town Bulletproof got lynched at deadline over Scum.

I don't like Cow's offering it up unbidden and I don't like his attempt to skirt responsibility by making it a voted move.
I get your point, but I disagree. We have enough time to make two decisions who to lynch or execute, if we don't squander it. I have been in a game where the town first lynched one outlaw, and during twilight some players teamed up to shoot another, essentially with a shared dayvig. Two outlaws down, and we managed this with a 48 hour day phase. I'm sure LMP remembers this, he was the moderator.

Even if we don't literally vote on who to dayvig, there is merit in discussing and presenting arguments for who the target should be. It is no different from normal scumhunting really, and every stance we get before the execution happens is more information for later. I don't see a downside.
hasdgfas #711 wrote:*hesitates*
:neutral:

*points at own eyes*
*points at everyone*
I interpret this so that you did not want us to vote on who to dayvig, you wanted to hear our cases and arguments, since several pairs of eyes see more than just yours. Was that right? Not that it matters any more if Xtoxm was your kill.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”