A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:27 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Thought: Would a dayvig action have to be submitted in the thread, like

Dayvig: Xotxm

or could it be accepted via pm?
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:27 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Also, I get the concept of neighbor, but isn't neighbor almost always for the purpose of confirmable town(lannister) purposes? Giving scum(Stark) that ability seems... messed up.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:46 am

Post by LimMePls »

Shadow1psc wrote:Thought: Would a dayvig action have to be submitted in the thread, like

Dayvig: Xotxm

or could it be accepted via pm?
...Obviously not since it just happened without that.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:52 am

Post by LimMePls »

Shadow1psc wrote:Also, I get the concept of neighbor, but isn't neighbor almost always for the purpose of confirmable town(lannister) purposes? Giving scum(Stark) that ability seems... messed up.
You are confusing neighbor with mason. Mason is a QT group where the members of the QT know each others alignment. Neighbor is a special QT group where the members of the group do NOT know each others alignment. It can be a town or scum ability. The town application would be for the town neighborizer to identify other town reads, and gain a QT with them, to get better reads on each other and to discuss things. The scum application would be for a scum neighborizer to try and get a feel for their target, perhaps try and convince them they are town, while trying to influence their opinions on others as well. I was a town neighborizer in ACOK, so I guess Faraday/Seacore wanted to play with the idea of giving the scumz a neigbhorizer.

Is there any particular reason you feel this is important to the game, or can we let it go now?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:53 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I shall now shut up about hascow.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:53 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Unless there's some other kind of role with a day kill. I mean, just wild speculation and extreme left field, but I like to think outside the box.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:55 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

The only time I've seen neighbor it was a confirmable town role. It wasn't about creating a QT between two people, it was so one could simply wave at anyone to 'prove' their alignment at night. Though I guess that's the distinction between 'friendly neighbor' and 'neighbors' now?
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

It pretty much boils down to my initial question, and metaing the role name. Catelyn? neighbou
riser
?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:03 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Shadow1psc wrote:It pretty much boils down to my initial question, and metaing the role name. Catelyn? neighbou
riser
?
I think that you need to stop going wild on this.

A Neighbor is a role that is Mod given at the start of the day to at least 2 players who can Talk in a QT and do not know each other's alignment.

A Neigbhorizer traditionally is a role that allows the player to open a Neighbor QT with a target player at Night. Thus the player gets to choose who to talk with in QT.

A Mason is similarly a Mod given role with predetermined other players, all of whom (in non-bastard games) are alignment confirmed to each other.

A Masonizer is a role that allows a player to establish a Mason QT with a player, which includes Mod confirmation of alignment. Traditionally Masonizers fail if they target scum and thus are weak cops.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:08 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Oh. I've never heard of 'isor', thus my question(s)
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

LynchMePls wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:Townly
GreyICE
Magua
Twighlight
Chesskid
Feysal
Zoraster

Scummy
Mikujin
Benmage
Shadow
My guess is there is a stark on these lists, possible one on each.

Unvote
Vote: Zoraster
Unvote; Vote: Mikujin

Especially because Xtoxm included Mikujin on that list only a few posts after both Grey and myself had called Miku out for his 'reserved' play.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:40 am

Post by Magua »

Eddard Stark wrote:
As people were discussing who to lynch a body was found! Someone was dead. It was Xtoxm,

Xtoxm -
Catelyn Stark - Stark Neighbouriser
was killed day 1

Day continues, with 24 alive it still takes 13 to lynch. Vote count stays as is, will have an updated vote count in a second.
Holy shit, this setup is messing with me, because I spent five minutes writing a screed about "I told you so, now we won't learn diddly squat with a town flip" before the "Duh" moment.

Then I groaned at the title of the thread.
Magua wrote:
zoraster wrote:Ooops. You're right. I got you and Magua mixed up in this case. My bad.
What is your opinion of Magna now?
@Zoraster:
Answer, please.

Also, in a note to Xtoxm's posts, I read them as buddying GreyICE (reinforcing my townread) and trying to get xvart lynched (since he was placing the fifth vote on xvart -- way too early for a bus).

Of his town list, I am looking at TwilightSparkle or Zoraster for the scum.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:43 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

I’m pulling together the three working lists we have to see what commonalities they might share –

Xtoxm’s list via LMP –
Townly
GreyICE
Magua
Twighlight
Chesskid
Feysal
Zoraster

Scummy
Mikujin
Benmage
Shadow
DGB’s list of early Shadow wagon voters

Hasdgfas, zoraster, Twilight Sparkle, Mikujin
My list of Post Grey’s bad tell Xvart voters

GreyICE, Raivann, Xtoxm, Dana
Commonalities found and other information

Players found at least two places: DTM (GreyICE), TwilightSparkle, Zoraster, Mikujin.

I already have a vote on Zoraster for other reasons and feel stronger about my suspicions based on these lists and that Zoraster was specifically in Xtoxm’s Town list.

I also think that the fact that Xtoxm has flipped scum means that Raivann and dana are less likely to be Starks. I don’t think it likely that scumbuddies would hop together so closely on the Xvart wagon. Depending on the set-up they certainly can be scum aligned with another faction if we are in multi-scum, but I don’t seem them as probable Starks.

--
Feysal wrote:Even if we don't literally vote on who to dayvig, there is merit in discussing and presenting arguments for who the target should be. It is no different from normal scumhunting really, and every stance we get before the execution happens is more information for later. I don't see a downside.
Again, I see no upside. You aren’t getting any more information out of discussing who to Dayvig than you already are in discussion who to lynch. People are free to discuss multiple scummy players regardless of whether we have a publicly disclosed Dayvig or not.

Cow taking the shot (assuming it was him) so quickly gives us time to discuss the outcome and still pursue a solid Day 1 lynch with foreknowledge that we have time to readjust come claim time, if necessary.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:02 am

Post by DTMaster »

Oh nice checking in. I'm going to be behind till Sat/Sunday for the reread. Note to self: Look at Xotom's voting pattern and take account now that he fliped Stark scumz (but the Starks are totally the heros in the book v.v. well... meh there's no defined good or evil with some characters). I kinda see MoI starting this. Since this is day 1, it's very likely that we have distancing here so that should be taken account. Usually I'd expect a 2:1 ratio on scum attacking town and 1 scum bussing all the time (just typical strats).

Also some notes that I'm skimming:
While it's worthwhile for you to outline your dayvig targets, the day vig obviously has the final say. I usually say: I like X killed, Y lynched, and Z investigated. but its up to his discretion :p
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:23 am

Post by hasdgfas »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Cow
- Please confirm that Xtoxm's dead body is the result of your actions.
*nods head*
Feysal wrote:
hasdgfas #711 wrote:*hesitates*
:neutral:

*points at own eyes*
*points at everyone*
I interpret this so that you did not want us to vote on who to dayvig, you wanted to hear our cases and arguments, since several pairs of eyes see more than just yours. Was that right? Not that it matters any more if Xtoxm was your kill.
*nods*
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

good job hasvig. Posting restriction be damned. This makes me want to kill GreyIce's slot more, but, could simply be WIFOM.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Kast »

@LL-
I haven't read any of your recent games. If you can link to some town games where you demonstrate a playstyle closer to your current one than what I recall, that would be appreciated.

@Dayvig-
Good call cow.

Xtoxm's town list makes Zoraster a more appealing target. I'll keep my vote there.

@Mod-

Not going to be around til Tuesday. Then I will probably be out of the country for business starting either Thursday or Friday and ongoing for 1-2 weeks. I should have internet access during the trip, but it will be limited.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:40 am

Post by chesskid3 »

good shot.

I'll stop tunneling on MoI now, but he's 100% scum >_>
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Raivann »

unraise. Raise: Magua
Unvote, vote: zoraster

Will post morre later .
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Raivann wrote:

Will post morre later .
... kill it.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:04 am

Post by diddin »

Raivann wrote:

Will post morre later .
This looks like bussing to me.

zoraster ISO 23 also looks like "Vote: townie FoS: scumbuddy" to me. He expresses suspicion on Raivann there but then, in ISO 25, he goes back and says he doesn't recall seeing a good case on Raivann. He then finally jumps on the wagon a few posts later, albeit with a fair explanation.

I like zoraster for a potential Raivann buddy, but since what I feel about him relies a lot on Raivann's alignment, I want to lynch Raivann first.

@Magna a few pages ago: Take a look at my ISO 4.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Feysal »

MagnaofIllusion #737 wrote:Again, I see no upside. You aren't getting any more information out of discussing who to Dayvig than you already are in discussion who to lynch. People are free to discuss multiple scummy players regardless of whether we have a publicly disclosed Dayvig or not.
Actually, I think that we learned somewhat less from this dayvig than we would have from the discussion preceding a lynch. The difference is in the wagons. People react differently to them, they give reasons to either support them or avoid them, and you can look for connections based on that. Here only few people had commented on Xtoxm prior to his flip, and we missed the chance to see if anyone would jump at the suggestion of having him vigged. Not that I'm complaining, a dead scum is a dead scum.

I searched the thread for references to Xtoxm, and only Shadow had a clear scum stance on him, apart from hasdgfas himself. I already had a town read on Shadow, and now we have additional evidence that he is not Stark-aligned. MoI comes second for questioning Xtoxm for his vote, which shows suspicion. I also mentioned Xtoxm once in a positive connection, for having the best suggestion for how to be rid of the governor power, though I did not agree with that. That's it. No one else has had any significant interaction with Xtoxm, and we can only look at Xtoxm's own posts for any hints.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:20 am

Post by LimMePls »

Feysal wrote:Actually, I think that we learned somewhat less from this dayvig than we would have from the discussion preceding a lynch.
Really? I think we learned something damn powerful: hascow is NOT stark. No "vig discussion" could have bought us that much of an insight into a single player slot.

V/LA on weekends
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:40 am

Post by xvart »

Shadow1psc, 590 wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:Sad to see GreyICE and DGB go like that, but I can't blame either of them.

Vote: Xvart

Why have people decided this Governor ability is something they want to keep in the game?
What the hell kinda scum vote?
Possible scum buddy of Xtoxm, getting a bus in on someone with no votes and not getting wagonned anytime in the near future. Why is Xtoxm's vote scummy and not the other people who voted me? Also, I'm torn as to whether or not his reaction posts to the dayvig are genuine or not.
Raivann, 635 wrote:
unvote. Vote:Thor

Oops on xvart

I dont like the raivann wagon. He's Lannister i'm 100%sure.
No other explanation on you misread the case, didn't care about the case, hoped it was legitimate? Whoops on going back to your RVS vote of someone who has posted once?

I'm seeing the zoraster/Raivaan link, and I agree with diddin's 745 about zoraster retracting his scum read on Raivaan; I'm torn on which of the two will reveal more information on the other. I have to admit, both of their votes on each other are lackluster and not especially genuine in my opinion. I'll revote after I read them both in ISO.

UNVOTE:
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

His vote was scummy because he jumped on the bus with absolutely no inclination, no content, and no contribution to the game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”