A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:30 am

Post by Magua »

xvart wrote:
Magua, 788 wrote:Show me the quote where I said it was indicative of alignment. This is *especially* pertinent because Locke asked about this, and I answered, both before you posted. Did you not read post #783?
You may not have definitively said "zoraster is scum because he isn't posting," but the intent was clear. The fact that you followed up with a vote only substantiates your intent. You can't backpedal out of this one.
I'll use small words.

Zoraster is scum.
I'm sad he isn't posting.

Note the lack of a "because" linking those two sentences. Carry on.
zoraster wrote:Once again, it's pretty clear Magua is grasping at straws trying to come up with something. Six points sounds like a lot, until you realize that some are truly weak and others are just downright mischaracterizations of what actually happened.
So am I scum-on-your-wagon, or misguided-town-on-your-wagon?

What about the other people on your wagon?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:11 am

Post by zoraster »

Magua wrote:
xvart wrote:
Magua, 788 wrote:Show me the quote where I said it was indicative of alignment. This is *especially* pertinent because Locke asked about this, and I answered, both before you posted. Did you not read post #783?
You may not have definitively said "zoraster is scum because he isn't posting," but the intent was clear. The fact that you followed up with a vote only substantiates your intent. You can't backpedal out of this one.
I'll use small words.

Zoraster is scum.
I'm sad he isn't posting.

Note the lack of a "because" linking those two sentences. Carry on.
Why say it if you weren't trying to imply something? Just to be a jerk?
Magua wrote:
zoraster wrote:Once again, it's pretty clear Magua is grasping at straws trying to come up with something. Six points sounds like a lot, until you realize that some are truly weak and others are just downright mischaracterizations of what actually happened.
So am I scum-on-your-wagon, or misguided-town-on-your-wagon?

What about the other people on your wagon?
Hard to say. I'd lean scum, but I don't really think scum would be as stupidly focused as you have been, hardly caring anything you say makes sense or is based in reality. So I guess I'm null-leaning-scum on you at the moment.

I'd still like to hear what DGB thinks of her wagon-mates, but since you asked:

[Town]------DGB----MagnaOfIllusion--Benmage-[*]-Magua---Zdenek--LynchMePls----Kast-----Raivann---[Scum]

What do YOU think of the people on this wagon, Magua?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 am

Post by Benmage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
GreyICE wrote:
@DGB
- are you sure enough that Hascow is scum that you would be willing to be lynched tomorrow if he flips town?
YES.
MagnaofIllusion wrote: I draw the line at lynching scummy people (VIs or no) when they act scummy. It's a pretty standard concept.
So you wait till the VI townie hammers the town doc, then you venge-lynch them and cost us the game.....Wonderful concept.
Shadow1psc wrote:
Benmage wrote:
MOD
If you modded a game, and put in a post restriction role and the person PURPOSELY broke said post restriction. Would you modkill them?
What was the point of this question? Hascow is either a) lying, or b)has some kind of consequence obviously laid out to him by the mod (ala stumping, or w/e). A mod confirmed townie is great, but much more likely to die at some point.
That DGB asking him to willfully break a post restriction (if real)...is the dumbest fucking thing ever. And even if its fake...he won't do it because he's pretending its real...hence he won't do the dumbest fucking thing ever.
danakillsu wrote: @ hascow
Don't break your "PR" yet, if you don't want to, but in your next post, post everything you're allowed to say all at once. If you're allowed to say all of it at different times, you should be able to give us the whole list.
Too ambiguous. He might have a wide range of things to work with.

With my Shakespeare PR I took small bits of the most far-reaching pieces of works...taking small quotes from one..and small quotes from another to make somewhat coherent ideas....Noway in hell Battle Mage knew all of the ones I was using..but I had I could reference each quote... I'm sure there are some sort of guidelines that give him room to work with, but limit him nonetheless (assuming its real...which I believe it is)
GreyICE wrote:We'll find the breadcrumb if they die.
I know hes gone... but I am baffled at what I read sometimes.
LynchMePls wrote:This is so lame. I'm not sure if it's scummy though. The jury is still out.
Lay off the beginners.

Twilight Sparkle wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote: That gambit that blew up in his face is the source of my comment. It isn’t something that erases multiple other instances of my belief that Benmage can be a strong Pro-Town force.
To me, it read like you were taking a snipe at him as a VI and yet you had raised him after your early game rant. Your explanation tells me I read that wrong, but I am still paranoid. Can I get some games you were in with Benmage as a "Pro-Town force"?
aCoK

485- Nexus sucks.
Twilight Sparkle wrote: I don't get what you are driving at here. We haven't out right requested governor because we think it isn't that great of a power. It's one shot that won't make it to lylo and fretting over it like that is pretty crazy to me. I'm finding it a distraction.
This is benmage plagiarism. (Said to appear good…not buying it)
Twilight Sparkle wrote:Actually as I type this out, I am getting more and more confused as to why you would raise Ben. He doesn't seem like your kind of player. His style is either hit or miss from my experience and as already demonstrated, you look down on players who “miss”. I'm gonna check out these links you have provided, but out of everyone in the game... I'm having a hard time swallowing you raising Benmage. Gut says you did it to either get him on your good side or to go with the flow. Neither is a good thing.
~Sotty
Miss? What Miss you talking about Sotty from our experience?...And out of everyone in the game? Whose your top 3 players here?
GreyICE wrote:Seriously, the level of play in this town is fairly pathetic overall. There cannot be as many scum as there are lurkers and people 'still reading' or people who BLATANTLY HAVEN'T READ ANYTHING.
Happy hes gone.
561/562…. Yeah I’ll be looking to avoid him where possible.
Bunnylover wrote:something just tells me that the vig will die before hasdgfas can be shot. That would leave us in a situation of WIFOM.
BL is the same.... Everything she says...just make me go...wowwww
chesskid3 wrote:holy crap MoI is scum. Possibly/Probably scum with xvart, actually.
Unvote

Vote: MoI
:? :? :?
Bunnylover wrote:I am in agreeance to vote against Raivann. That last post was just lol. Don't vote me dude, I'm town and I got a town read on you!!!!
Vote: Raivann
Wow... I agree with BL.... (tellnoone)
Magua wrote:
Twilight Sparkle wrote:But really this is whole thing is starting to feel like a theory discussion which in turn isn't scum hunting. Do you find us, or others like us scummy for wanting to throw away this power?
I am finding you null-to-scummy at this point. Nothing to do with the governor -- I believe other people can legitimately disagree with me. The thing with you all is, you have posts, and the posts have content, but there's a complete lack of any of you pushing a lynch or trying to do something. You vote Shadow, but don't push; you vote ASoIaF, but don't push. This is doubly strange because not only are you not pushing on the ASoIaF/Thor lynch, it's obvious the lynch isn't going anywhere. xvart, diddin, Raivann, Locke Lamora -- you don't comment on *any* of these lynches, and you're not really trying to get *any* other lynches going.

That's my read.
Go Magua
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:I don't want to die at night because I have an awesome PR
that's why the VI act
:D
Serious question Chess - have you ever been Nightkilled in a game that wasn't in Newbie / Open?
:lol: :lol:
Raivann wrote:
unvote. Vote:Thor

Oops on xvart

I dont like the raivann wagon. He's Lannister i'm 100%sure.
Is Raivanns town read loose, silly, and unhelpful?

I thought he was much more tactical in the last one...
hasdgfas wrote:
Twilight Sparkle wrote:Hey Cow, you saying that you're a dayvig?
*nods head*
:o Woah (why did I think Shadow was the dayvig…)(Oh right skimmed post 725 before)
hasdgfas wrote: *looks hesitantly at LMP*
*nods slowly*
*holds up one finger*
*looks at vote count*
*points to LMP's mouth*
*spreads arms wide*
You're claiming a one shopt dayvig who doesn't want to use their power yet, because there's too many people... :?:
(Ohhh arms wide means explain)
diddin wrote:I would support a dayvigging of Raivann or
Magua.
Why Magua?
MagnaofIllusion wrote:There, your 15 minutes of Troll happiness has expired. Hope you had fun
I <3 MoI

MagnaofIllusion wrote:If Cow is going to shoot today he should vig who he suspects and deal with the fall-out. Thor as Dayvig in Clash got it right.
Uhhh Thor was following a Cops results....
DrippingGoofball wrote:I shall now shut up about hascow.
Where's KmD to say Dayvig doesn't mean town!
diddin wrote:This looks like bussing to me. .
Possibly...but we do get to see 1 of them flip soon.

Post 755 is good.
DrippingGoofball wrote:Feysal is town.
:?: :?
Twilight Sparkle wrote:I love it when someone who has gone under the radar mysteriously pops out of the woodworks to defend their lack of contribution when someone mentions their name.

What are you all looking at me for? *whistles innocently*
~Mina
Wait.... Irony? From Mina...hmmmm
DrippingGoofball wrote:Raivann is exhibiting typical townie thought processes.
Hes reading very different than aCoK...where he was scum.
chesskid3 wrote:>_>
proddodge
i got addicted to this King's guard game >_>
This reminds me... If theres a kings guard like last game and I'm not invited (insertangryfacex3)..Post max is 12??? That must be annoying cow
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:41 am

Post by Benmage »

Right well I am more or less caught up with this game... FINALLY....

If there's any specific questions people want from shoot away.

I'll be doing some iso's to get some strong scumreads.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Magua »

zoraster wrote:Why say it if you weren't trying to imply something? Just to be a jerk?
Because I find that saying what I think, instead of self-censoring, is better.
zoraster wrote: Hard to say. I'd lean scum, but I don't really think scum would be as stupidly focused as you have been, hardly caring anything you say makes sense or is based in reality. So I guess I'm null-leaning-scum on you at the moment.

I'd still like to hear what DGB thinks of her wagon-mates, but since you asked:

[Town]------DGB----MagnaOfIllusion--Benmage-[*]-Magua---Zdenek--LynchMePls----Kast-----Raivann---[Scum]

What do YOU think of the people on this wagon, Magua?
To borrow your little bar:

[Town]------LynchMePls-----Kast--DGB-[* Benmage * ]-Raivann-Zdenek-----------------[Scum]

More importantly for me, those other people that I think are scum (diddin, Twilight) aren't on your wagon.
Benmage wrote:If there's any specific questions people want from shoot away.
Who are the scum?
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 1.21

Mikujin (3) Danakillsu, Locke Lamora, Thor665
xvart (1) DTMaster
DTMaster (1) Shadow1psc
Thor665 (1) Twilight Sparkle
Drippinggoofball (1) Mikujin
Raivann (5) Feysal, diddin, Zoraster, Bunnylover, xvart
Zoraster (8) MagnaofIllusion, DrippingoofBall, Kast, LynchMePls, Raivann, Magua, Zdenek, Benmage

MagnaofIllusion (1) chesskid3

Not voting (3) Percy, Hasdgfas, nexus

With 24 alive it takes 13 to lynch.

Raise Count 1.21

Locke Lamora (1) Locke Lamora
Twilight Sparkle (3) Bunnylover, xvart, DTMaster
DrippingGoofball (1) Danakillsu
Danakillsu (1) chesskid3
Benmage (7) Benmage, Thor665, diddin, Mikujin, MagnaofIllusion, Zdenek, Magua

Magua (4) Hasdgfas, LynchMePls, Feysal, Raivann
Hasdgfas (1) Twilight Sparkle

Not raising (6) Nexus, Percy, Zoraster, DrippingGoofball, Kast, Shadow1psc

With 24 alive it takes 13 to raise someone

*Percy is being replaced. if you know anyone who might like to replace in have them contact me.
* Mikujin and Kast have expressed they'll be V/la along with MOI
*Prods will be a little forgiving over the weekend
*Any mistakes in the votecount please point them out.
* Deadline countdown is here
*102 hours to go
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Nexus »

Of the two leading wagons, I am still not really seeing the zoraster case. Sure, he's said scummy things, but he's done more scumhunting than Raivann. Sure, he was over defensive when he was accused of rolefishing, but other than that, the only other reasons I've seen are him not raising-I and six others aren't raising. It's not scummy. The other thing was him posting elsewhere. If he had been doing it for weeks at an end, then yeah, it's a problem. He isn't. It's a null tell.

On the other hand, Raivann hasn't really posted much of any use. His ISO looks scummier, imo, than zoraster.

vote: Raivann
Trans rights are human rights.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Nexus wrote:Of the two leading wagons, I am still not really seeing the zoraster case.
What do you mean you don't "see" the Zoraster case? Do you mean you don't understand the points against him, or that you don't agree with those points? If a) then reread/ISO/ask clarifying questions. If b) state specifically which points you don't agree with.
Sure, he's said scummy things, but he's done more scumhunting than Raivann.
I agree that Raivann is also scummy. If you simply disagree which you find scummier, then fine. But this post seems to be a defense, yet you claimed you didn't "see" the case. Please clarify your stance on Zoraster.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by Nexus »

I think he's said and done some scummy things.

I don't think he's as scummy as Raivann. I don't think he should be the lynch today, Raivann should.

Granted I've only quickly re-read his ISO, but I will read the entire thread again before the deadline and see if that changes my mind, but I don't think he's as scummy as Raivann. He seems to have been defending himself against posting elsewhere, in more than one post. I don't see how that's a scumtell this early in the game. If he had been posting elsewhere and hadn't been posting here for a week, then yeah, it's scummy. A couple of days? No.

Perhaps I should rephrase. I can see the case, or most of it. I disagree that he's the scummiest person here.
Trans rights are human rights.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by danakillsu »

FoS: Benmage

Your 796/798 turnaround is incredibly scummy. Does it take just one short post from someone WHO IS NOT EVEN YOUR VOTE TARGET to change your mind?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by Benmage »

danakillsu wrote:

Your 796/798 turnaround is incredibly scummy. Does it take just one short post from someone WHO IS NOT EVEN YOUR VOTE TARGET to change your mind?
Did you not see where I made those quotes from? I made the votes while I was catching up properly. Both were pretty much placement votes until I was caught up/found something scummier.

Zoraster lynch is fine for me. And the more I read the more I got a different feel from Raiv than last game...Last game he was scum. So if its between zoraster and raiv I prefer zoraster going.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by Feysal »

Okay, it is about time I did this.

Raivann, would you mind explaining what you have been doing in this game, and why?

#36 - This was the first and only time Song of Ice and Fire posted until #206.
#196 - Less than a day into the game, you have a number of town and scum reads. You only gave some reason for your read of MoI, the rest are completely unexplained.
#205 - Instead of one of your scum reads posted less than two hours earlier, you vote Song of Ice and Fire. She has only posted once, and it is much too early to purge lurkers sixteen hours and a half since the game started. Everyone had not even posted yet at this point. In short, there is no apparent reason for this vote, and you don't give any either.
#206 - Song of Ice and Fire posts a second time, commenting on various things.
#209 - You respond to Song #206, asking if she agreed on lynching village idiots, since she had liked Benmage's posts.
#246 - You ask MoI for his view about Song.
#247 - MoI responds that Song looks agreeable almost to fault, and his gut says newbie scum.
#279 - Almost a full day after the post was made, you respond to Song #206
again
. This time you say it is scummy. You say that you like your vote better after this post, but that was not what you said the first time you replied to it. This time you make up a couple scum tells, steal the too agreeable argument from MoI, accuse Song and MoI of being scum together, and accuse Song of buddying to Benmage, since she did not know what VI meant and Benmage had talked about policy lynching them.

This case could not look more fake. If you genuinely thought the post was scummy, why did you not say so the first time you replied to it? How can you use an argument MoI made against Song and accuse them of being scum together in the same post? This does not begin to make sense. Not to mention, you had voted Song before #206, and this feels like you're trying to justify your vote and failing miserably. You make a case first and then vote,
not the other way around

Later you respond to my post #387 twice, and somehow you seem to consider it scummy the second time but not the first. You also leap at Magua's comment about Song replacing out for further justification for your vote. You give a bunch of reads, unchanged from the start of the day, and no explanation for any of them. You call Mina for help, trying to get support for your claim that you would not post this much as scum, only to be rebuked with her response that you were digging yourself into a hole. Which you appear to be doing in this game as well.
Feysal #628 wrote:
Raivann #545 wrote:I'm not reluctant to vote, I just happen to like my vote on Thor (Song).
Why would you like that vote?
Feysal #637 wrote:
Raivann #635 wrote:I dont like the Raivann wagon. He's Lannister i'm 100% sure.
Excuse us if we don't take your word for it. Can you explain what is your fascination with Thor/Song?
Feysal #724 wrote:
Raivann #642 wrote:So you want me dayvigged before I could even claim? Feysal is so scum.
I can voice my support for you to be dayvigged or lynched, and since neither is about to happen immediately, you are going to get your chance to claim. Meanwhile, could you explain why you want to have Thor (Song) lynched so badly? If you are town, you are not helping anyone by withholding your reasons, least of all yourself.
I have repeatedly asked you to explain your vote on Song. You have never answered. One more time:

WHY DID YOU VOTE SONG OF ICE AND FIRE, BEFORE YOU HAD ANY CASE ON HER, DESPITE HAVING ACTUAL SCUM READS?

And while we're at it, I'd like you to explain all of your reads, and answer the two questions I asked before about your case on Song.

Meanwhile, my vote stands.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

LynchMePls wrote:@DGB: Screenshots or it didn't happen.
Can't find it anymore, maybe I was reading another player's post?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by diddin »

Magua wrote:I am sad that Zoraster has been on-site to post in other games, but hasn't posted here.

I am sad that every single one of Twilight Sparkle's heads have been on-site, two of the three posting in other games, but haven't posted here.

UNVOTE: diddin
VOTE: Zoraster
It's not outright stated but this looks like a weak attack on Zora to me.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Ghostlin replaces Percy. Thanks Ghostlin!
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Hi, folks. It looks like I have 33 pages of reading to do. I will be posting actively within the next 24 hours.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Vote: Raviann

Read them in iso sometime, there's not much information or analysis there. One moment she's exalting Zo as the savior of the town to be raised as a VI read, later, without really much impetus she's voting and exalting in the lynch. Her posts are one liners with "this is scummy" (as an example) and no reason why it's scummy. Call me crazy, but I like informed analysis and find it shockingly protown.

Also, how does she know who VI's would be?

I was all ready to scream "why are you letting Xtoxm off?" and then realized he's dead in the street. Bravo.

Chesskid seems to be drawing attention to himself almost deliberately, this would be protown except for the fact it's bleeding obvious. Still, having played in a few games with vezo, I can't decide if this is VI play or scum play or both.

DGB you have to always read carefully from what I've seen, but her willingness to be lynched if the entire has case went seriously wrong leads me to protown.

Magua: Why did you vote Zoaster over TS then? This seems scummy, as if you elected to choose a mislynch over a quantity you know might not be town. I don't have a problem with most of your other posts, but this one rings alarm bells to me.

MoI: You like text walls, but there's nothing there I innately disagree with.

Thor: Curious. You've only posted three times, and your second post was 4 days after your first? Did you have something going on, or were you waiting for something?
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: The first two paragraphs say VI. I meant to put VT there. I'm not entirely comfortable with raising anyone at the moment; it seems like a good way to advertise my scumreads to the entire scum team, and I'd rather not do that. I reserve the right to do so later.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by danakillsu »

Benmage wrote:
danakillsu wrote:

Did you not see where I made those quotes from? I made the votes while I was catching up properly. Both were pretty much placement votes until I was caught up/found something scummier.

Zoraster lynch is fine for me. And the more I read the more I got a different feel from Raiv than last game...Last game he was scum. So if its between zoraster and raiv I prefer zoraster going.
I saw. But your evidence is, simply put, poor. I was making the point that you BROUGHT little to no evidence from the past, and you SAW no evidence from the present. And that is scummy.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Magua »

Ghostlin wrote:Magua: Why did you vote Zoaster over TS then? This seems scummy, as if you elected to choose a mislynch over a quantity you know might not be town. I don't have a problem with most of your other posts, but this one rings alarm bells to me.
Because a Zoraster lynch is easier to achieve, and will include relationships to other people (eg, Raivann), whereas Twilight Sparkle will effectively give no information because they haven't done a thing.
Ghostlin wrote:EBWOP: The first two paragraphs say VI. I meant to put VT there. I'm not entirely comfortable with raising anyone at the moment; it seems like a good way to advertise my scumreads to the entire scum team, and I'd rather not do that. I reserve the right to do so later.
Given the plurality rule for raising, not raising anyone is equivalent to raising Benmage.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:58 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Magua: I would say I find Zoraster slightly scummy. I feel like for the amount he's posted, he hasn't done as much scumhunting as I would expect. The Mikujin post you linked to I obviously disagree with, particularly as he later claims that I've put minimal effort into scumhunting and uses it as a point against me, when for some reason Mikujin, who had done very little (apparently this is called 'playing rather reserved'), gets called town. I don't believe he ever actually answered my question about this. That said, I do get a townier vibe from the way he's approached the game in general; he's obviously not trying to stay under the radar and he is providing reads and making cases, even if I don't agree with some of them.

On the subject of you bringing up Zoraster/TS's lack of posting, did you not think the statement followed by the vote inherently implies scumminess? You claim you think it's better to say what you think, so why not include another sentence to explain that you don't think it's scummy and that you are only voting Zoraster for reasons stated previously? This seems inconsistent to me.

Thor: I thought the fact that you made that vote on page 32 was enough to indicate the 'totally serious' aspect. Did you think we might think you were joking?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:28 am

Post by hasdgfas »

diddin wrote:
Magua wrote:I am sad that Zoraster has been on-site to post in other games, but hasn't posted here.

I am sad that every single one of Twilight Sparkle's heads have been on-site, two of the three posting in other games, but haven't posted here.

UNVOTE: diddin
VOTE: Zoraster
It's not outright stated but this looks like a weak attack on Zora to me.
*spreads arms wide*

:) :?:
:twisted: :?:
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:25 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Thor wrote: Greetings all - I'm up through page 8 and, as usual, my brain is less than amused at this stage and has ordered an all stop in order to refresh the anti-idiocy shields enough for me to wade through more later. Thus far nothing too meaty to really dig into as with so many players page 8 is not as content filled as it would be in a smaller game, that said I have the following brilliant (and 10% accurate) observations;.
Thor wrote:Liking Locke
Liking GreyICE
These comments do not compute. At all.

First you are complaining about the idiocy you have been forced to endure in your brief read-through. Next you complain that nothing meaty exists to dig into.

Then you like those two players.

By page 8 Locke had exactly two posts. The typical RVS ISO 0 and ISO 1 where he attacks DGB for lack of scum-hunting.

1. How does his total lack of content in the first 175 posts jibe with your complaint about the lack of meaty content you were bemoaning?
2. If you respected his DGB observation why not a single mention of DGB in your post or even a vote for him?

Why do you like GreyICE? His contributions to page 8 include –

1. Attacking DGB for ‘attempting to stifle discussion’ with her stance on raising which is obviously incorrect.
2. A stupid stance on the Governor power that he later back-tracked on (first it is potentially game breaking for scum, then when he realizes you can’t self-governor it isn’t so bad).
3. Heavy use of rhetoric and pointless ‘Look at me I’m Town’ grand-standing.

What about that is anything other than indication of idiotic play? Furthermore in the first 8 pages DGB is also GreyICE’s number 1 target.

@Thor
– please specify in detail what you like about Locke and GreyICE’s Page 1 to 8 posting. Also please explain why DGB does not appear at all in your post 780 when

--
Benmage wrote:So you wait till the VI townie hammers the town doc, then you venge-lynch them and cost us the game.....Wonderful concept.
You know very well this is exactly NOT what I’m saying. CSL should have been hung Day 2 when Mina made the case on him. He skated by after being stabbed. Town should not have let that happen.
Benmage wrote:Uhhh Thor was following a Cops results....
Yes. That’s 1000 times better than offering it up under little pressure Day 1 for public inspection. That said I’m more referencing that Thor got it right by not coming out Day 1 publicly and simply waited to use the shot when it was most likely to derive positive Town results.

I’m of course not arguing results at this point.
Benmage wrote:Where's KmD to say Dayvig doesn't mean town!
See I was wanting to wait to see who argued against the concept strongly since KMD was pure scum in that game … :D

--
Raivann wrote:Yeah I didn't think diddin was particularly scummy. So I guess null leaning town would have been a better way to put it. The more info the better.What is scummy about that?
It’s purely scummy because you are basically buddying up to diddin. You having a ‘Town read’ on diddin should make ZERO difference to him regarding his read on you. What you basically did was say to him “Hey, others suspect you but I don’t! Don’t vote me and let’s go after someone else we can agree on since we are both Town”.

--
Twilight Mina wrote:@MagnaofIllusion: I've been meaning to ask you about something. How come you attacked GreyICE for accusing you of IIoA early on D1, but never responded to this post of mine?

It rang a small bell for me at the time when you attacked an easier target with a more controversial playstyle but left me alone. Maybe it's because despite GreyICE's rhetorical skills sucking, he rang as so genuinely town from our POV, so I disliked you hammering to him to death.
I didn’t address it because quite honestly I didn’t even see it since you followed so quickly on the heels another Twilight post. In looking at that post are taking the soft tactic that I’ve noticed Sotty-head also taking – swiping at me with accusations that are meant to undermine but not outright directly call scummy. That’s a scum tactic – I should know I used it on Benmage in Clash myself (and he rightfully called me on it but didn’t really pursue it). I obviously disagree with your conclusions as I did with GreyICE. The difference is that he kept throwing crap any which way while you said nothing further.

@Twilight Mina (when you get back)
- Why did you let that slide for 700 or so posts before bringing it up again?

But back to your earlier assertion – you intimate that GreyICE is an easy target. Did you find him to be a VI? Are you attempting to say I wouldn’t attack your slot for scummy-behavior simply because of it’s make-up of Hito, you and Sotty?

--
Bunnylover wrote:The Zoraster case I'm not really seeing.
I understand why MoI is voting for him, but thats not why others are voting for him.
Again, these two lines do not compute.

Bunny please explain your thinking here. If you don’t see a Zoraster case how can it make sense that I am voting for him? That’s contradictory.

Either you see the case I have laid out and think it make sense for me to be voting him (thus you see the case) or you don’t see any valid case on him and thus my voting for him doesn’t make sense.
Bunnylover wrote:The Zoraster FOS buddy - Vote Townie is nice. Frankly I would rather lynch Raivann (the FOS buddy) which upon flip of a scum result will prove (or at least strenght) the fact that Zoraster was in fact doing that.
Lynching Zoraster really doesn't dissolve Raivann status.
Um what? Implicit in your agreenment that Zoraster is possibly pulling the ‘Vote: Town, FOS: Partner’ play is the fact that you MUST think Zoraster is scum. If you think Raivann is scum and am unsure of Zoraster it doesn’t make sense to make the link in the reverse direction. It is not a bi-directional tell.

@Bunny
– Do you think we are in a multi-scum environment? Please answer in your next post.

--
xvart wrote:I agree with this.
Why do you agree with Bunny’s stance? As I stated above that’s not a bi-direction scum-tell, at least in my mind.

--

I have to agree that with others who have stated that these statements are suspect / scummy. Magua’s later attempts to say that they are not statements made specifically to show suspicion but just general statement doesn’t stand up to logical scrutiny.

@Magua
– I see your explanations at 783 and 788 and I don’t buy it them. I also really think you little High Horse act in 800 is bad. I’m guessing there are any number of players who might fit this pattern if we looked into posting records from when you brought this up. You in 780 essentially fluffed.
Magua wrote:To borrow your little bar:

[Town]------LynchMePls-----Kast--DGB-[* Benmage * ]-Raivann-Zdenek-----------------[Scum]
Quick question for you - why did you you specifically exclude me from your Town to Scum list when you responded to Zoraster?

--

@Zoraster
– The following were responses you made to Magua, but I am specifically addressing them. I wanted there to be no confusion.
Zoraster wrote:2.
I missed cow claiming payne. I think it's pretty easy to do when his only confirmation is a smiley face.
I thought it might be helpful to place the claim, which was being heavily doubted, firmly in the context of the books, but clearly that was not.
Anyway, assuming you're right and I was just trying to be helpful without having read the thread, do you think this makes me scummy or just inattentive?
Emphasis added.

The first bolded portion is quite frankly crap. I have ZERO flavour knowledge of the series and I was easily able to pick up that Cow acknowledged that he was claiming Ilynn Payne (or however it is spelled) despite his use of smilies.

The second bolded portion in my mind is clear – you are scummy. Town players have no reason to pretend to be ‘helpful’.
Zoraster wrote:4. So? I got you mixed up and that changed how I felt. I wasn't sure how until I reviewed it.
Where did you explain where you review process and changed opinion happened? After I rebut your defense and point out that you mixed up the two of us your response is “Oops” and that’s it. In my mind that’s further evidence of your scummy behavior.

You concocted a ‘defense’ that was mostly an attempt to do so by being dismissive about how I came to my conclusions, not attacking the elements of why I drew that conclusion. When I pointed out a large part of your dismissal revolved around attacking me with the actions of another player you just dropped it.

--
Nexus wrote:Of the two leading wagons, I am still not really seeing the zoraster case. Sure, he's said scummy things, but he's done more scumhunting than Raivann. Sure, he was over defensive when he was accused of rolefishing, but other than that, the only other reasons I've seen are him not raising-I and six others aren't raising. It's not scummy. The other thing was him posting elsewhere. If he had been doing it for weeks at an end, then yeah, it's a problem. He isn't. It's a null tell.
1. You clearly aren’t reading closely since I’ve posted a case that includes more than ‘role-fishing’ and not raising.
2. Marking this relational tell down for later – if Zoraster does turn out to not be scum (which I doubt) Nexus likely is.

To some degree number 2 should also apply to Danakillsu since he is making similar statements.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:42 am

Post by Magua »

Locke Lamora wrote:On the subject of you bringing up Zoraster/TS's lack of posting, did you not think the statement followed by the vote inherently implies scumminess? You claim you think it's better to say what you think, so why not include another sentence to explain that you don't think it's scummy and that you are only voting Zoraster for reasons stated previously? This seems inconsistent to me.
Of all the things I strive for, consistency is not high on the list. I found Zoraster scummy. I wanted to see his response to what was going on. By the end of the day (when I posted), he still had not responded, and I was annoyed. Hence, the post.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:I see your explanations at 783 and 788 and I don’t buy it them. I also really think you little High Horse act in 800 is bad. I’m guessing there are any number of players who might fit this pattern if we looked into posting records from when you brought this up. You in 780 essentially fluffed.
There are certainly enough players who are not posting enough in this game. They were not the ones that I was interested in hearing from. You can consider it fluff as you like.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Quick question for you - why did you you specifically exclude me from your Town to Scum list when you responded to Zoraster?
Oversight. I was messing around with the textual position of the names, and must've cut you out with pasting you back in. You should be in the Kast/DGB slightly townie side:

[Town]------LynchMePls-----Kast--MagnaofIllusion--DGB-[* Benmage * ]-Raivann-Zdenek-----------------[Scum]
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:05 am

Post by Benmage »

danakillsu wrote:And that is scummy.
I'm not worried about looking scummy.

Do the asterisks mean neutral?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”