Newbie 1060: It's a Murder Mystery (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:26 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.12snowjorden (3) - GreyICE, Otolia, Lady Lambdadelta
Mhi200 (1) - Primate
Otolia (1) - mb53
Voidedmafia (1) - snowjorden

Not Voting (3) - Voidedmafia, Sarg338, Mhi200

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Friday, March 4, 2011, at 11:59 PM EST (UTC-5).
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:08 am

Post by mb53 »

Can you come forward with proof that I was trying to over-protect myself from an attack ?
When you come up with a 4 paragraph response and counter attack at a 2 and a half line vote.
First one knows the complete setup, and second one is more experienced. Why is this important right now ? Because he is stalling the wagon of Snowjorden (the biggest right now) by asking me questions. In this point in the game, it is more useful for the town to corner Snowjorden and to get slips out of his text. But he doesn't do that.
1. Actually, mafia doesn't know what power roles are in the game. 2. I think snowjorden is
such
an easy target for mafia, so I would not like him to get lynched right now.
On the third answer, he seems a little mad. Yeah, I'm trying to understand what he is thinking because that's my only weapon with my vote. Sorry if I use it, maybe he doesn't want us to think for ourselves ?
You can think, but you shouldn't think as "Hey guys, hes going to try and lynch me. He is also going to try and get those two guys over there to help." Because there is absolutely no proof to that, and you are trying to read someone's mind, which unfortunately, doesn't work.
I think that the most townie behavior right now is to corner Snowjorden. Who is doing that ? Not a lot of people and I strongly regret it.
I think that is the most scummy think to do, and is an easy way or scum to get a mis lynch.
So yeah I hope he will be lynched because I think he is scum. Isn't that normal to lynch the most scummy player in the town ? One can never be (scientifically speaking) sure that someone is scum or town until the end of the game or his death, so one has to make a choice and mine is done.
Sounds like tunnel vision.
Again he is stalling the lynch which is (at least for me) anti-town at this point.
So pushing a lynch because he is scum= OK, but stopping a lynch because he is town= me being scum?
But if we don't lynch someone in D1, we will favor the Mafia very strongly.
I understand that we need to lynch on day 1, but day one has so much time left in it, I don't think there is a need to lynch ASAP. I say the opposite, lynch as late as possible.
Ok... So Sarg is the new Gandalf. Mhi the new Shotty.
But I like gandalf =) and mhi isn't as terrible as shotty.

Speaking of sarg and mhi, I would also be happy with a lynch of them, as they are also my top suspects.
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:51 am

Post by Otolia »

@Mb53 :

We obviously have different point of view upon what is pro-town and what isn't, and I don't see our quarrel going anywhere but towards a dead end. Though we might get back to this further in the day or the week, I am more inclined to wait for others to provide feedback on it before coming back to it.

I assume that since you voted against me, I stand in the top spot in your scum list and Sarg and mhi are just above me.
Are you going to do anything to
read
those two or are you gonna wait until the 4th of March to move the chain ?
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:37 am

Post by mb53 »

I assume that since you voted against me, I stand in the top spot in your scum list and Sarg and mhi are just above me. Are you going to do anything to read those two or are you gonna wait until the 4th of March to move the chain ?
I'm guessing you mistyped and meant below correct? If so, you assume correctly. I'm confused with the question. By read, do you mean make a case? *confused*
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Otolia »

mb53 wrote:
I assume that since you voted against me, I stand in the top spot in your scum list and Sarg and mhi are just above me. Are you going to do anything to read those two or are you gonna wait until the 4th of March to move the chain ?
I'm guessing you mistyped and meant below correct? If so, you assume correctly. I'm confused with the question. By read, do you mean make a case? *confused*
I indeed meant below. Make a case, an attempt to read their behavior or whatever suits you to move the chains on their case since you said that it was still too early to lynch me. I assume that either you need more information on my case or you will focus on another target.

Note : If I find the time, I will post this saturday questions to Snowjorden, and analyze the whole Sarg/mhi mic-mac.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:53 am

Post by mb53 »

Uhm guys?

What's with the activity?

We were doing so well.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:56 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I'm still waiting for SnowJorden to address my points about him.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:54 am

Post by Otolia »

mb53 wrote:Uhm guys?
What's with the activity?
We were doing so well.
Well, whose fault is that ? We had a wagon on Snowjorden but someone decided it wasn't worth it. :igmeou:
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Spoiler:

I've simply been observing, is all.

By the way, Otolia, on post 276 you mentioned that "both of you are showing anti-town behavior after urging Sarg, mhi, and myself to join Snow's wagon. Were you referring to use or mb and LLD/GreyICE? If it's the latter, then must I assume you meant all three of us?
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:02 am

Post by GreyICE »

Sorry, I've been dragged in a different game.

Which is no excuse, I know.

Basically, Primate's last post was a long bunch of absolutely nothing. I hate to say it, but it really was. Read this paragraph for instance:
There were a couple of reasons I went after mhi. It was mostly because I'd just got a more positive read off of snowjordan and was looking for somewhere else to go, and on first read he seemed somewhat sideliny. That read didn't actually hold beyond a cursory look (he was second on snowjordan), but I noticed a couple of things that I wanted to ask him about, so I went with it anyway. His responses were pretty legitimate, actually. I questioned the use of the word suspicious because I thought he might be hiding in ambiguity there, but turns out he wasn't, and I can entirely see why someone would find voideds move away from snow peculiar, and I agree with him it didn't really seem spurred by anything. The other point I'm still a little dubious about, is that he said
Also, snowjorden seems to be painting a target on anyone who is currently or will in the future attack him.
This is mainly because both MB53 and Sarg were trying to attack snowjordan at the time, and he had a town read on Sarg and didn't mention his thoughts on MB53, so I thought it was a bit disingenous. If you take it the way it was explained by mhi, that whenever he said guys he was talking to everyone, It's a little better, I still don't think it's an accurate read of the situation.
It looks like content, it adds ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to our game.

Then this gem:
I'm not saying I think snowjordan is town, but I came out of that argument feeling a lot better about him and wanting to look somewhere else for a bit.
Uh... okay, Primate. So so far you have some semi-town reads on some people, Snow Jordan might kinda be scum, and some other people seem townish? No commentary on me, Otolia, or anyone else?

Ugh. I have a policy of not lynching the IC on day 1, but this is such a content-free post that seems to be saying something and does nothing that it's screaming experienced scum waiting for the town to turn on itself to me.

I'm going to say SnowJordan/Primate scumteam.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Wait, weren't you one of the ones who was against claming scumteams this early?

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:16 am

Post by GreyICE »

Not really, no. I believe I was against claiming scumteams before a good wagon had built up steam.

See, all this jibber-jabber we're doing in the thread? It has very little effect on scumteams frequently. You need some serious wagons to build up some serious pressure before you get anything out of them.

Primate's shift to Mhi was extremely subtle, yet very effective. It's exactly what I was looking for if SnowJordan was scum. It's insane to bus on day 1, so the partner is almost always going to run interference if there isn't a wagon showing up. If no interference showed up and no one tried to go "look at shiny person X" then the wagon is almost certainly a town wagon. His last post basically confirmed it to me. Look at how many strong, firm positions he takes.

SnowJordan's vote on VoidedMafia is such a blatant OMGUS that Primate can't sanely support it. mb53's vote on Otolia is straight up silly. Mhi200 is our most obvious mislynch for today. Look at primate. He says nothing about Mhi, the person HIS VOTE IS SITTING ON. It looks like he's FORGOTTEN ABOUT IT.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Spoiler:

So, by obvious mislynch, do you mean "he's the one that we really shouldn't lynch today" or "He's certainly not going to flip the way we might expect if he's lynched"? Or some other option that I don't know of.

Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Otolia »

Voidedmafia wrote:I've simply been observing, is all.

By the way, Otolia, on post 276 you mentioned that "both of you are showing anti-town behavior after urging Sarg, mhi, and myself to join Snow's wagon. Were you referring to use or mb and LLD/GreyICE? If it's the latter, then must I assume you meant all three of us?
Observing == Lurking

"Both" was referring to Snowjorden and Mb53.
GreyICE wrote:See, all this jibber-jabber we're doing in the thread? It has very little effect on scumteams frequently. You need some serious wagons to build up some serious pressure before you get anything out of them.

Primate's shift to Mhi was extremely subtle, yet very effective. It's exactly what I was looking for if SnowJordan was scum.
It's insane to bus on day 1
, so the partner is almost always going to run interference if there isn't a wagon showing up. If no interference showed up and no one tried to go "look at shiny person X" then the wagon is almost certainly a town wagon. His last post basically confirmed it to me. Look at how many strong, firm positions he takes.
I'm glad that someone is showing a clear mind here. Primate had nothing to the game, and Snowjorden is your teaching-book obvious wagon escaper.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Primate »

Right, general game opinions, not responding to Greyice post yet (I am aware of it).

Lady Lambdadelta Zensei -

Mhi200 -
Otolia mammut -

Sarg338 -
snowjorden - This is covered in my earlier post, he hasn't done anything since then.
Voidedmafia -
GreyICE (SE) Ibarra (SE) -
mb53 (SE) -
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Primate »

Didn't mean to submit that, ignore me.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:57 am

Post by GreyICE »

Voidedmafia wrote:
Spoiler:

So, by obvious mislynch, do you mean "he's the one that we really shouldn't lynch today" or "He's certainly not going to flip the way we might expect if he's lynched"? Or some other option that I don't know of.
Obvious mislynch - the person who is town, but who is most likely to just get lynched for non-responsiveness / general newbishness.

You learn to separate them from scum eventually, but it can be a royal pain in the ass.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:02 am

Post by GreyICE »

Not, mind you, that I wouldn't like some MORE FUCKING CONTENT from Mhi200. Because that is starting to become a very sad ISO.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Otolia »

I'm even willing to be wagon and lynch if it's what it takes to get this game going. 3 person aren't voting right now, and Snowjorden&Primate votes are jokes.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Otolia »

Since it's the only thing working to get people to explain themselves ... I'll ask another prod.

Equinox, be a charming man and
Prod : Snowjorden

Done. (Equinox)
Last edited by Equinox on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I'm willing to lynch snowjordan for pathetically scummy behavior and general lurkiness.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Sarg338
Sarg338
Goon
Sarg338
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Sarg338 »

After reading over SnowJordan's ISO, I'm ok with lynching him. If he flip scums, I have someone in mind who could possibly be his scum buddy.

Vote: SnowJordan

L-1.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Spoiler:

I guess you're waiting for me or mhi to post the hammer? We still need to wait for Jorden to post, and actually claim this time.

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

As much as I love the Miles Edgeworth gifs, can you maybe switch it up and throw in some Fredrika and others?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Otolia »

Sarg338 wrote:After reading over SnowJordan's ISO, I'm ok with lynching him. If he flip scums, I have someone in mind who could possibly be his scum buddy.
Finally ! If he flips scum, we will have to wait until the NK to see things clearer. I think that due to the prod and the L-1, we should get more infos on him.
Voidedmafia wrote:I guess you're waiting for me or mhi to post the hammer? We still need to wait for Jorden to post, and actually claim this time.
Don't hammer him yet. We need to get him to talk. If he eludes again, then yes one of you should hammer, though I guess that in this case, Mb53 or someone else will hammer him.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”