Newbie 1055 (Game over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vittorio Salamdien
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Vittorio Salamdien »

Fair enough.
Vittorio Salamdien
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:29 am

All I can say is, if you're town, you're going for the wrong person. And I really don't want to argue this anymore.

Apart from me, who else do you think is scum and should be lynched should I flip town?
Vittorio Salamdien
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:30 am

Also, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. LOL.
SxyBeast
SxyBeast
Townie
SxyBeast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:54 am

Post by SxyBeast »

Hey srry i havent been on. im not dead. I have been busy with school as I said I would be and Im not in the same time zone as u guys, VS and Bump I dont know about Stefunny and Haylen, so, for the most part, I wont be on at the same time as u. Personally I dont think he is scum (though I could be way off) so I wont be voting him
Vittorio Salamdien
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:11 pm

@SxyBeast, are you in the Antipodes?

I know MrBump and I are in close times zones. I am GMT+2. Mr. Bump I believe is in GMT?

@MrBump, can you please say why it would be wrong to consider you scum? If one were to look at your posts and play, what exactly should one consider to be your town attributes?
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:35 am

Post by MrBump »

Hmm. Well, I pushed Gapoc like hell for about eight pages, posted the gigantic wall to kill him, DIDN'T point out your Cop softclaims until the Cop died, generally acted ProTown the whole game and I've answered every argument against me well.

On the same hand lately I've developed something which is really, really annoying me. Any time I play as town and I think someone is scum I tunnel them incredibly. I've been right twice (Gapoc and someone from WWXI) but it just really annoys me, as everyone goes "TUNNELLER" and I turn into Scummy McScummerson. Also lately everyone finds me scummy and I ask "Why am I scummy?" and everyone says "Your PLAY is scummy!" which I really don't get. This second "paragraph" is mainly aimed at the SE's. What can I do to stop this? The first game ever played was by far and away my strongest game ever, even compared to ones on Epic Mafia, and lately I've just been playing so meh compared to then. Everyone finds me scummy and I tunnel everyone. Is there any advice you could give? =/
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Stefunny
Stefunny
Goon
Stefunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:19 am

Post by Stefunny »

Last night I had some personal stuff go down. I apologize.
I do think Vittorio is our last scum though, I will be shocked if he flips otherwise and completely lost as to who might be scum.

Vote: Vittorio Salamdien
Show
Founding Member of the
U
n
i
c
o
r
n
Brethren

Spoiler: (best spoiler ever)

"Take me to Pleasure Town!" "Look, the most Glorious Rainbow Ever!" "Do me on it!" -

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Vittorio Salamdien
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Vittorio Salamdien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:37 am

Foolish. Meh.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:40 am

Post by Haylen »

Does town win, now, Vittorio? :D
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Final vote count of day 3:

Vittorio Salamdien - 3 (Haylen, Mr Bump, Stefunny)
Haylen - 1 (Vittorio Salamdien)

Not voting: (SxyBeast)

With 5 alive it's 3 to lynch.

Day 3 shall end no later than Sunday, March 6th at 1:30pm CST
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:50 am

Post by Zachrulez »

It doesn't take the town long to decide they don't like the looks of Vittorio. They hang him with haste and celebrate, a celebration that is short lived by the fact that the search of his body reveals that he is not the last scum. It's starting to feel pretty deserted now...

Vittorio Salamdien
(Vanilla Townie)
lynched day 3.

Deadline for night actions is Monday February 21st at 10am CST
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Endgame is here as the town's getting less and less crowded by the minute. Laying in a pool of blood is Stefunny. What remains of the town takes a good long look at the body, realizing that if they don't get the scum today, it may well be too late.

Stefunny
(Vanilla Townie)
killed night 3

Day 4 begins now.

With 3 alive it's 2 to lynch

Day 4 shall end no later than March 13th at 9pm CST.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:09 am

Post by Haylen »

To the last townie out there, don't vote until you are absolutely sure the person you wish to vote for is scum. One false move and the game is lost for us. We should claim, I would be happy to go first if you both are ok with that.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:03 am

Post by Haylen »

Will claim now. I might not have internet access for the rest of the day.

I am the doctor
. I have been less active this game because I wanted to remain scummy enough for the scum to not kill me but town enough not to get lynched and the way I figured that could work was by being slightly less active than I usually would be in a game. (This might not be the right kind of play to exhibit but this is actually the first time I've been doc and only the third time in two years I've been a town power role.) The main reason I was attacking Vittorio was because I had misread somewhere that he was softclaiming/breadcrumbing doc when in actual fact he was doing that for cop. You don't breadcrumb MY role >=( Anyway, yeah, I thought he was scum setting himself up for a fakeclaim during lylo so I decided to do a breadcrumb of my own (I'm not really into breadcrumbs or softclaims, as I said I've only been town PR twice, it's not something I've hacked yet without giving myself away entirely), so I did something similar to what DavidParker did:
Haylen wrote:@ Stefunny - There is a reason I have been inactive, but I would appreciate it if we didn't discuss it, despite it being game related.

So, I like visuals:

I
don't think that pie chart really shows anything, because it doesn't take into account the lengths of my posts. I either post loads of small posts and ask or a lesser
a
mount of large posts. I am intrigued as to how many of the other players posts are fluff rather than content. And then I will do
m
ore graphs for them! :D

D
espite Stefunny commenting on my lack of posts, I find it interesting that she is ignoring her lack of posts too and it would be interesting whether
o
r not she has noticed the severe lack of content that have been in Sxybeasts posts. I think I can remember her mentioning it but I haven't
c
ome to her iso yet....
Read the bold.

My actions:

Night One:
I protected DavidParker because I spotted his Cop breadcrumb.
DavidParker wrote:
C
aught our third scum it seems.
O
h yes, I said third scum; I'd like to counter claim your role as the "un-votable, un-killable day kill cop" as that is my role.
P
erhaps the mod did mess up to include it in the game; but two of them... unlikely.

Your Claim has revealed you for what you are!
Night Two:
I protected DavidParker again, but my protection obviously didn't work - I was roleblocked. I guess scum caught on to why I might actually be lurking.

Night Three:
I protected Stefunny this time because I believed her to be the most likely town person at that time and I thought that scum would try and kill her. They did and I was roleblocked again.

Any counterclaims?

MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:03 am

Post by MrBump »

Awwwww, why is this game still going? :(

A few things about your claim. The only thing weird is you said you had been a Town PR three times, then later only twice. Did you forget you're a "Town PR" this game? It's also kinda fishy that you happened to save the kills twice, and the scum managed to figure out you were the Doc. Actually, come to think of it, IF you're the Doc, SxyBeast is the RoleBlocker, right? How would Sxy work out you were Doc? Your breadcrumb was yesterday IIRC (and I'm kicking myself for not catching it, and smashing my head off the wall for David's), so how was Sxy work out you were the Doc?

However, on the same note, Sxy has been scummy all game and distanced herself from Gapoc repeatedly. At first I was willing to vote for Sxy and be done with it until I thought about your claim fully.

The "he" slip was obviously false, set up by Gapoc; good play, sir :P

I'm able to defend myself against everything you two try to throw at me. Tbh, Haylen always wins as Scum from what I can gather so she could easily be destroying us. The "two times" and "three times" slip sticks out to me. HOWEVER. IF Haylen was the scum, these kills would make no sense at all FHPOV. Why would she go after Vinoth, biggest red herring ever, then after David Parker, the next red herring? She DID catch his breadcrumb; but it was D1 so surely David would've died N1? Unless she didn't notice it until re-reading the thread?
The more I think about it, the more it looks like Haylen because everything just slots in a bit TOO well. I'm kinda working this out as this post is going along, so bear with me.

Let's think this one through fully. Everything is set up so perfectly for EndGame for her. She's ProTown all game, breadcrumbed the Doc claim, but it was her claim, just now which is giving me alarm bells.
First off, saying it's your third time being a Town PR in two years, then saying you've only been a Town PR twice- Wait, shit. You've only BEEN a Town PR twice. Disregard that.
Er, second, which is a lot more suspicious to me. NO ONE caught the Cop breadcrumb. I didn't and I SERIOUSLY doubt Sxy did (of course she'll say she didnt but yeah). David was almost certainly going to die the next day as he was a red herring again. Why would anyone kill him? Simple, they caught his breadcrumb.

The main reason I have little on Sxy here is because it's all been mentioned and she hasn't POSTED yet because she hardcore lurked as soon as her scumbuddy died.

(NOTE: This entire post I worked out stuff and said it while I went along, I work better like that for posting walls)
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:55 am

Post by Haylen »

MrBump wrote:The only thing weird is you said you had been a Town PR three times, then later only twice.
It's twice + this one. Later on I was refering to only the first two as they were my 'game over' games because they are the only ones I can count and refer to as they are complete.
MrBump wrote:SxyBeast is the RoleBlocker, right? How would Sxy work out you were Doc? Your breadcrumb was yesterday IIRC (and I'm kicking myself for not catching it, and smashing my head off the wall for David's), so how was Sxy work out you were the Doc?
I don't know. One of you is the roleblocker, either of you could have worked it out. Roleblocking tends to be random anyway. Did you think about process of elimination? The other players could have been playing vanillary or it's possible that one of you was worried in case I was doc and decided to roleblock me. Even newbie scum have seen enough on here to know that PR's tend to be lurky throughout the game. It's all speculation.
MrBump wrote:IF Haylen was the scum, these kills would make no sense at all FHPOV. Why would she go after Vinoth, biggest red herring ever, then after David Parker, the next red herring? She DID catch his breadcrumb; but it was D1 so surely David would've died N1? Unless she didn't notice it until re-reading the thread?
I look for breadcrumbs in games all the time. As it either means that player really is a PR, or that they're scum. Look back to Day One, I never attacked DP, barely mentioned him. I left him alone. If I drew attention to him he might have been a night kill choice. He was too dangerous to be left alive for scum, it makes no sense that scumhayl would spot a breadcrumb and then think 'oh I'm going to leave him alive a bit longer', kill some random guy who wasn't even protown and then kill him the next night. As you said, I'm a good scum player, those tactics make no sense. Scum who saw that could have just kept roleblocking him but they opted for a kill on the second night. I'm going to stop now, or I'll get into another long rant about optimal play as scum -_-
MrBump wrote:David was almost certainly going to die the next day as he was a red herring again. Why would anyone kill him? Simple, they caught his breadcrumb.
We're verging on WIFOM here. To me, it looks like the kills were completely random rather than thought out, therefore, scum wouldn't have needed to catch the breadcrumb.

I want to say that I think it's MrBump because of the slip by gapoc - to me he seemed quite emotional, people tend to slip up when they are. But my gut is saying Sxybeast.

MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:35 am

Post by MrBump »

Going for the very simple route, the kills don't make sense to be from Haylen, or if you're thinking I'M scum, from me, either.

Haylen, why choose to breadcrumb when you did?
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:36 am

Post by MrBump »

And by that I mean, IMMEDIATELY after David's death?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Haylen »

As I said, breadcrumbing isn't something I've ever really done. I got quite worried when I saw the cop died and thought it best to breadcrumb as soon as possible just in case anybody decided to claim my role.

MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:04 am

Post by MrBump »

OR you're the Goon and the setup just got 100% confirmed to be the Two Goons, One Cop setup so you claimed Doc because there would be no Counter Claims.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Haylen »

So you think I'm scum on a case based on WIFOM and cynicism? :?

MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:34 am

Post by MrBump »

Nope, trying to catch you out. It fits into both, though, and moreso into you being scum and bringing up the softclaim the last day. I'm willing to vote for both of you atm.

This thread needs moar Sxy.
SxyBeast
SxyBeast
Townie
SxyBeast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:40 am

Post by SxyBeast »

Hey srry I just got on thinking the day started today and find a bunch of posts. I will be reading them and commenting shortly.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by MrBump »

"Users browsing this forum: crazypianist1116, MrBump"

I'm noticing a missing name.
SxyBeast
SxyBeast
Townie
SxyBeast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by SxyBeast »

hey srry so i did not notice the breadcrumbs mainly cause i didnt know to look for them. I had heard of breadcrumbs but i hadnt seem an example so i didnt know wat i was looking for. wat i dont get is how would maf know haylen is doc twice in a row? and u just happened to be on the person who got killed twice? it just seems a little unlikely, but then again if u were maf claiming that would be dumb because of how unlikely it is. So im stuck in the middle of how crazy is haylen and how scummy is Bump. this is FMPOV of course

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”