Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Mariyta »

I think part of Tragedy's scumminess comes from her grammar.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:44 am

Post by Mariyta »

Or maybe I should say, her ideas don't always come across as she intended.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

hey guys, here now. Sort of. Reading all the stuff I've missed, but I have several games to catch up in so I might be slow in getting a response up. I'll reply in order of game deadlines.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Tragedy »

Please do so while you're at it, DBE.

I see now why it's a good tip to not play so much games at the same time... [Yes, I saw you get brutally lynched in a Newbie game too...]
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:hey guys, here now. Sort of. Reading all the stuff I've missed, but I have several games to catch up in so I might be slow in getting a response up. I'll reply in order of game deadlines.
DBE PLEASE HURRY UP AND DO SOMETHING SO WE CAN ALL EITHER BE LIKE 'O WOW SHE MAKES A GOOD POINT' OR 'LETS LYNCH HER'
green shirt thursdays
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Tragedy »

OR "THAT'S SO OBVIOUS".
I blame you for this.
Dokidoki Precure!

Tragedy
~
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by GreyICE »

OH MY GOD THIS GAME IS STILL GOING ON?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Mariyta »

GreyICE wrote:OH MY GOD THIS GAME IS STILL GOING ON?
QFT.

@mod: When is our next deadline?
-Susan Ertz

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Mariyta wrote:
GreyICE wrote:OH MY GOD THIS GAME IS STILL GOING ON?
QFT.

@mod: When is our next deadline?
HOW DOES IT MATTER? IF WE DEADLINE NO LYNCH WE NO KILL ETC. ETC. ETC. ETC. ETC. ETC.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by Mariyta »

A) People are more active if a deadline is close by.
B) We've already discussed how the stall till deadline-no lynch-stall-rinse-repeat process really only benefits scum.
-Susan Ertz

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by Mariyta »

And quit posting in caps. They're not necessary at this point.
-Susan Ertz

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Antihero »

UNVOTE: UNVOTE:
VOTE: Mariyta
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Mariyta »

For?
-Susan Ertz

EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

PO:
But that's not what Grey's been doing today. He's been doing the opposite. See my [742].

Mariyta:
A) There is no deadline. A deadline requires a consequence if it hits. There is no consequence in this setup. It's as if the mod automatically gives us a 3 week extension.
B) Repeated no-lynch stalls benefit whoever gets the most benefit from a draw. Which isn't always going to be antitowns.

Kise:
...Isn't that exactly what I've been saying?
EmpTyger [875] wrote:The goal is to distinguish between who is promoting that kind of play, and who is reacting to it. The *last* thing I think we should do is lynch based on a single criteria, like lurking. That's Llama's interpretation.

Antitowns are sowing confusion. Protowns are being confused by it.
Lurking could indicate either. Which is why protowns need to actively think about what's going on and analyze the full context. Instead of the knee-jerk, thoughtless, jump-on-whatever-the-last-thing-said play which the antitowns are promoting.
Also, which do you feel is worse: having 0-2 suspects or having 10-14. (Not being rhetorical; I'm not entirely sure.)

vezok:
What would you rather I talk about?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Emptyger's play this game seems really weird to me. He's harping on people "creating confusion" and his scumlist is pretty heavily opposed to mine. Seems like a lot of information/politicizing/weshoulddothis as opposed to analysis. He's difficult to get an alignment read on though. I just want more "X is scum/town because Y" posts (this applies to everyone, I suppose).
Mariyta wrote:
I also love how Llamarble calls me opportunistic. Let's go look at his votes, shall we?
Early vote on Umbrage
Then follows Umbrage and AH onto Emptyger, who was getting heavy suspicion at the time
Ooo, then he jumps onto the Kcda wagon, putting Kcda at 6 votes
He stayed off the q21 wagon, but happily declared that they were town. His "suspects" at this time were Kcda, Esp, and me/Tragedy (no surprise there, considering I've been going after him since the beginning).
He did grow a pair and place his own vote this morning, with semi-decent reasoning (most of it stolen from others).

And we've already explained Llamarble's point on Tragedy. Good play =/= Not scum. It has been mentioned, repeatedly, that there are two scum teams. One team can easily be hunting the other and make valid cases against them. We can agree with those cases and someone's reasoning, while still thinking they're scum.
Rather than defend accusations of opportunism, Mariyta chooses to put down my voting record and call it opportunistic. My early votes on Umbrage & Emp were hardly likely to produce a lynch, so what's opportunistic about them? Then I voted Kcd after explaining that I felt he was fake-scumhunting. Then I _defended_ the townies who got lynched yesterday. That's the opposite of opportunism; I tried not to get a townpair lynched and put myself in a situation where an Umbrage scumflip would've made me look quite bad. And then she says my vote today has decent reasoning. So where is this opportunism accusation coming from?

And if you think somebody is making good cases with good reasoning, what about them is scummy?

VOTE: Mariyta

I do think her pair has been opportunistic. They've been on most of the major wagons this game and haven't particularly defended anyone. Tragedy's stance on Vezok still doesn't really make townsense to me. Nothing in their posting makes me think "huh, this doesn't makes sense if these two are scum."
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:38 am

Post by Mariyta »

This is pathetic. Now that my bandwagon is started, all the lazy lurkers/scum are just going to pile on without much thought. The scum have this game won if they just stay active and start the bandwagons. The points being raised are null at best, so if that's the basis you guys want to lynch on, go ahead. Sorry Tragedy.

Emp wrote: Mariyta:
A) There is no deadline. A deadline requires a consequence if it hits. There is no consequence in this setup. It's as if the mod automatically gives us a 3 week extension.
B) Repeated no-lynch stalls benefit whoever gets the most benefit from a draw. Which isn't always going to be antitowns.
I've already answered this and it has been discussed elsewhere in this thread as well.
-Susan Ertz

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:34 am

Post by Antihero »

Mariyta wrote:This is pathetic. Now that my bandwagon is started, all the lazy lurkers/scum are just going to pile on without much thought. The scum have this game won if they just stay active and start the bandwagons. The points being raised are null at best, so if that's the basis you guys want to lynch on, go ahead. Sorry Tragedy.
Regardless of how you flip, I think Tragedy is the one who needs to be apologizing to you.

Ah, son of b#$%^. Looking through Tragedy's ISO, I realize she's not as scummy as I thought.

UNVOTE:

Let's see who my vote needs to go on.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:38 am

Post by Kise »

What I'm doing, Emp, is asking Llama if that quote is what he was referring to. Let's give him time. I'm hoping your question isn't strawmanning like I think it is, but I'll answer anyway... Actually screw that, I'm not answering it that way. It's about more than (we're talking about Purp, right?) having 10-14 suspects. In fact, it's not even suspects. She wants to lynch that amount of players to
fix the issue
of stagnant activity, while also listing minor points she felt were scummy coming from each pair to justify her being behind each of their lynches.

I got you, Purp... I got you. Later.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:23 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Isn't deadline plurality lynch?
green shirt thursdays
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Tragedy »

Hey Llamarble.

You
hadn't
even spoke against Vezok lately.

Any reads on vezok, sir?
I blame you for this.
Dokidoki Precure!

Tragedy
~
PrayPiotr
PrayPiotr
Townie
PrayPiotr
Townie
Townie

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:55 am

Post by PrayPiotr »

I'm caught up, but I'd still like to do some re-reading before posting a more. I probably should have looked at the amount of work it would take to get caught up befopre replacing into this game. I appreciate Kise picking up the slack for us and I plan to huddle with him a bit later. I still think the q21 wagon has a bit of content that could be discussed a bit more, so I'll probably start there. I also want to reread the exchanges about "people beig married" again, because I think that may be able to provide a bit more content. That's all I have to add at this point, I kinda want to see what my Lovers thoughts on Purp and Emp are and go from there.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by Llamarble »

I'd like a votecount

@Kise/Emp: That's the right quote. He's saying town can't sit back passively and hope to win (lurking is bad). But he mostly wants to lynch people who are being active and thinks lurky players are town (see his earlier scumlist post). This is sort of consistent with his "scum are coordinated and seeking to dominate the thread," but saying town should be assertive and then labeling the most assertive players as scum is very confusing to me. I thus find it amusing that he is telling us the scum will try to sow confusion. I just reread him and am now leaning scum a bit due to his long-term tunneling with not too many read updates and focus on this minor issue. Last I heard from Darla she was saying she found Thingy pretty scummy. I guess I'll make a more thorough effort to read him & Vezok next.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Vezok is null to slight town. Some bandwagony stuff, but a couple of towntells that would've been clever if he's scum.
Emp is very consistent and appears to be scumhunting, whatever alignment he is. I see relatively scant towntells from his pair, but he was against the Q21 mislynch.
I don't want to lynch him today.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Llamarble wrote:I don't want to lynch him today.
Emp or both Emp and Vezok?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Llamarble »

That sentence referred to Emp, but I also don't want to lynch Vezok today so either interpretation is fine.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”