Mini 1126 - Game over - Was Averagely Suspicious saved?

Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:23 am

Post by Dekes »

Vote count 1.4

subgenius (L-2): GreyICE, Ashblade, RobCapone, Barry Allen, Bill McQuill
Bill McQuill (L-5): Hiraki, Snake Eyes
bvoigt (L-6): Papa Zito
Barry Allen (L-6): subgenius
Papa Zito (L-6): Hayker
wikkiden (L-6): bvoigt
Hayker (L-6): Erratus Apathos

Not voting: wikkiden

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch and 7 to no lynch.

Deadline is
March, the 3rd, at 06:00 p.m. EST

Through research I discovered that wikkiden apparently was out of town over the weekend and expected to have internet access there. So I'll give him another 24 hours before replacing him.
Snake Eyes
Snake Eyes
Townie
Snake Eyes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Snake Eyes »

bvoigt wrote:It was scummy for you to vote the most obvious target for "going after all the really obvious targets and generally attacking bad play rather than finding scum."
So it's the perceived hypocrisy that's your issue? Seems like a pretty petty point to me but fair enough.

I take it you have more reason to suspect wikkiden than you wrote earlier since you're still voting for him? Or do you disagree with me on EA's catch?
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Dekes »

wikkiden has requested replacement. Hittin' up the replacement queue once again.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:55 am

Post by bvoigt »

Snake Eyes wrote:
bvoigt wrote:It was scummy for you to vote the most obvious target for "going after all the really obvious targets and generally attacking bad play rather than finding scum."
So it's the perceived hypocrisy that's your issue? Seems like a pretty petty point to me but fair enough.
Yeah.
Snake Eyes wrote:I take it you have more reason to suspect wikkiden than you wrote earlier since you're still voting for him? Or do you disagree with me on EA's catch?
I disagree, because once Bill called him out for it, wikki responded:
wikkiden wrote:@the 5 other people thing, excuse me for misspeaking. I wasn't aware that human beings were expected to never make mistakes nowadays. >.<
At least to me, this makes it sound like he knew the number of votes, and miscounted.
Bill McQuill
Bill McQuill
Townie
Bill McQuill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:59 am

Post by Bill McQuill »

Snake Eyes wrote:You of all people should have known that the contradiction EA pointed out was not a contradiction at all.
Bzzt! I'm so sorry, the response we were actually looking for was "You're so right Bill McQuill, I guess I'll go sit in that corner."

The contradiction EA pointed out is that wikkiden claimed, in separate posts, to know the number of other people on the wagon, and then
not to have counted the votes before casting the L-1 vote
. Here, I'll show you, since you can't be arsed to look it up yourself:
Erratus Apathos wrote:@wikkiden, explain how in the world the bolded statements here aren't contradictory:
wikkiden wrote:Oh yes. My vote sucks.
Along with the six other people voting for him.
wikkiden wrote:I'm sorry. I know I should have started in a newbie game, and I know I look extremely scummy right now. I apologize that me feeling like I could just jump right into a mini game could ruin this game for all of you. Honestly, I don't have much I could possibly say in defense of myself right now.
I know no one will believe me, but I truly didn't count the votes
, nor did it occur to me how serious my voting would be. I also did not realize that I was opening up an opportunity for mafia to throw open the floodgates and blitz a mislynch. But practice makes perfect. And you gotta learn from your mistakes. And I've learned all right. .-. But that's truly all I can say. I'm not going to sit here and beg you not to lynch me. I know I look scummy as all get out. I know what I'd think if I saw anyone else do that. But if I'm getting lynched, I wanna go out on a good note, and I truly do apologize for plunging on in here without a clue as to what I was doing. >.<
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

I agree with Snake Eyes about my point on wikkiden. In my experience, town and scum contradict themselves at the same rate. I brought it up because I felt his explanation would be telling, not because I thought it was scummy.

And after reading 321 I actually think subgenius is town. His reaction to Barry is genuine, and unlikely to be scum motivated.

Hayker is still totally lurking scum though. He posted ten times during the pregame, which means about five times a day, and quite a few of those were to tell us how much he couldn't wait for the game to start. Then the game started, and in the five days since then he's posted a grand total of four times. That's less than once a day. And none of those posts even tell us who he finds scummy. If you're cool you'll vote for Hayker.
Do you want your possessions identified?
Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Goon
Barry Allen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by Barry Allen »

@ bvoigt - if you disagree with SE on wikki, why is your vote still on wikki? I don't get that. As for your view of my post regarding my vote on sub and my view of Bill - there is absolutely nothing new there, other than me beginning to wonder whether I'm as certain as I once was about sub. I've posted several times that I also suspect Bill, and at different points in time (if you'll review my posts) you will find I was choosing between voting Bill and wikki, or Bill and sub. If you don't like that, fair enough - but don't act like I'm introducing new topics here.

@ sub - I am still thinking about my case on you...I believe I can accept your inexperience, and appreciate that you are willing to admit you may have gone to far on Hiraki earlier on. And, I am bothered by Bill coming out of the woodwork to take you to L-1, given my view of him. That has me wondering...and I will come back later tonight after I give this more thought.
Show
Life comes at you fast...be ready for it!
Barry Allen
- fan of speedsters everywhere, Mafia player since 2009.

My wiki page
The mafia forum I come from
My Tumblr
A Great Forum for Flash Fans
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

bvoigt wrote:Whatever, I don't know how to explain it but subgenius is town.
I find this a very interesting statement.

Hay Erratus, do you find this an interesting statement?

Actually, better question: Subgenius, do you think the same thing about bvoigt?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by subgenius »

Papa Zito wrote: Actually, better question: Subgenius, do you think the same thing about bvoigt?
Are you suggesting that he's being too confident about his town reads? I've been told in no uncertain terms that this is an obsolete and useless scum-tell. Anyhow, I'm leaning town on him. I think he could have gotten away with hammering me pretty damn easily after he subbed in, but he didn't.

Could you answer my question from #311, por favor?
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by RobCapone »

Papa Zito wrote:
bvoigt wrote:Whatever, I don't know how to explain it but subgenius is town.
I find this a very interesting statement.

Hay Erratus, do you find this an interesting statement?

Actually, better question: Subgenius, do you think the same thing about bvoigt?
you realize you also declared somebody as town, how is what he did different than what you did?
Goodbye Mafiascum, you guys too serious for me.
Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Ashblade »

Hey guys, I've kind of been swamped in stuff recently, however with the weekdays going on and I having finished what I needed done this morning I should be able to kick it into high gear very soon. Just need to finish some reading work then I'll read here and have a post in an hour or so.

(and it seems we scared Wiki off. Welp.)
I'm back... sorta. Not joining anything else until I know if I have enough time to keep playing. V/LA for most weekends. Apologies for my flake.

WHY ASHBLADE YOU FUCKERS? HE WAS THE LAST ORIGINAL TOWNIE THE LAST YOU KILLED A LEGEND - GreyIce
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Barry Allen wrote:@ bvoigt - if you disagree with SE on wikki, why is your vote still on wikki? I don't get that.
What do you mean? SE doesn't agree with Erratus's catch, but I do.
Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by Ashblade »

First.

UNVOTE:

Sub, while still... ehhhhhhhhhhhh. Isn't as much super scum as I was led to believe recently. I'm not writing him off just yet though but that can wait for later. Right now it's time to look at others. And look what we have to look through.
Bill McQuill wrote:
Papa Zito wrote: +1 but I want to see what the replacement does.
Right here, champ. Posted pretty recently, take a gander!
Barry Allen wrote:When called out on lurking by more than one player, we suddenly have an active Bill voting to take subs to L-1 (whether he is bussing or simply appealing to the town)...
Man, it sure is easy to make people sound scummy when you phrase things negatively!
Oh hey, Snark! That always works so well!
subgenius wrote:I think he could have gotten away with hammering me pretty damn easily after he subbed in, but he didn't.

Could you answer my question from #311, por favor?
Nah, he wouldn't have gotten away with it. A man that I call Bob once told me something about convenient wagons. They be convenient yet inconvenient. The one that hammers a wagon such as that would be seen in flames relatively quickly. bvoigt wouldn't get away with it if he is scum and he definitely would wait for a claim as town.
Hayker wrote:
RobCapone wrote:
Hayker wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:
RobCapone wrote:this makes no sense whatsoever
Oh, it makes perfect sense. But we'll get to that later.
Please get to this now before you have time to make a case.
welcome to the game, this is your first post in 3 days and that is all you comment on?

god I hate lurkers

I'm making a bigger post as I speak. I wanted to get the smaller post out of the way because I forget things easily.
The post that follows... and then nothing.

And Wiki gives us nothing but a request to our faces.

Simply put, Sub can wait. Wiki's looking like scum, and Hayker needs to crawl back out of that rock he is under. Either one of Hayker and Wiki votes are good in my book.

VOTE: Hayker
I'm back... sorta. Not joining anything else until I know if I have enough time to keep playing. V/LA for most weekends. Apologies for my flake.

WHY ASHBLADE YOU FUCKERS? HE WAS THE LAST ORIGINAL TOWNIE THE LAST YOU KILLED A LEGEND - GreyIce
Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by Ashblade »

Ugh, Tag fail. Should be this.

Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Goon
Barry Allen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by Barry Allen »

@ bvoigt - that's what I get for not going back and re-reading the prior post before asking my question. At least I do have an answer to the question. Thanks!
Show
Barry Allen

My wiki page
My Tumblr
Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Goon
Barry Allen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by Barry Allen »

EBWOP

I will also be interested to see whether and how Hayker responds...not really fond of lurky-loos either...
Show
Barry Allen

My wiki page
My Tumblr
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by subgenius »

Am I out of line to be irritated and a bit suspicious that GreyICE is clearly quite active in other games while ignoring this one despite having questions awaiting his answer? This seems entirely unacceptable to me. Is there any possible town motivation for purposely dragging his feet likes this?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by GreyICE »

There's questions I care to answer from scum?

Ashblade, not saying you haven't found scum, but my god that was such a scumpost. Hey Subsy, if there's so little "town" motivations for my behavior, shouldn't your vote be on me? Or are you just casting suspicion around on people who are pushing your wagon?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by subgenius »

Good lord man, cool your jets. I'm asking because you acted so damn offended the first time I brought it up, but nobody else really commented. I think your posting behavior is pretty damn strange, but I'd like to hear from other people, people who aren't you.

If you don't feel like deigning to answer my questions, maybe you'd like to respond to Snake Eye's point, which happens to be the exact same. Why the sudden town read on Bill?
Bill McQuill
Bill McQuill
Townie
Bill McQuill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by Bill McQuill »

subgenius wrote:Am I out of line to be irritated and a bit suspicious that GreyICE is clearly quite active in other games while ignoring this one despite having questions awaiting his answer? This seems entirely unacceptable to me. Is there any possible town motivation for purposely dragging his feet likes this?
Allow me to answer that question with another question: Is there any town motivation for obsessively pointing out even the most generic of suspicious behaviors of every other player in a game while under suspicion yourself?
GreyICE wrote:Or are you just casting suspicion around on people who are pushing your wagon?
Ding ding ding.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by subgenius »

Bill McQuill wrote: Allow me to answer that question with another question: Is there any town motivation for obsessively pointing out even the most generic of suspicious behaviors of every other player in a game while under suspicion yourself?
This is a case of the pot calling the kettle black if I've ever seen one.
I hope the irony isn't lost on you.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by GreyICE »

It's a sudden read?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by GreyICE »

bvoigt wrote:
Barry Allen wrote:@ bvoigt - if you disagree with SE on wikki, why is your vote still on wikki? I don't get that.
What do you mean? SE doesn't agree with Erratus's catch, but I do.
The world will rejoice if you add some damn content to this thread.

Your ISO is failure, absurdity and one liners.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:07 pm

Post by subgenius »

GreyICE wrote:It's a sudden read?
TELL ME WHY YOU THINK BILL IS TOWN.

I've had enough of your evasive bullshit.
Bill McQuill
Bill McQuill
Townie
Bill McQuill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:25 pm

Post by Bill McQuill »

subgenius wrote:This is a case of the pot calling the kettle black if I've ever seen one.
I hope the irony isn't lost on you.
And I hope the incorrectness of you using the word "irony" in this context isn't lost on you. But then, I guess it must be, since you used it in such close proximity to the "pot calling the kettle black" thing.

But let's analyze further:
Bill McQuill wrote:Is there any town motivation for obsessively pointing out even the most generic of suspicious behaviors of every other player in a game while under suspicion yourself?
This is what I've accused you of. I pointed it out in my longer post I made a page back, about you being "fidgety," and I think there are indisputable ways in which you've done the same thing to Barry and Rob, and now Grey.

So you're accusing me of doing what I accused you of, which - again - is: to "obsessively [point] out even the most generic of suspicious behaviors of every other player in a game while under suspicion [one]self." So... show me where I've done this? I took EA to task early on for his pre-game behavior (in a way that a lot of people found scummy and/or confusing, you being on the latter half of that continuum), I tried to call the game's attention to wikkiden's huge overreaction to "accidentally" putting a player at L-1 (in a way that people apparently found scummy for a different set of reasons), and now I'm voting you for reasons I made clear in the longer post and that are now being reinforced. Your continued refusal to contribute to the discussion in any meaningful way (other than, now, yelling at GreyICE for refusing to answer an essentially unanswerable question) is reallllllly not helping your cause here.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”