Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by Setael »

So, SV. He started out ok, but then he starts pushing so hard at TS and just repeats that he was sheeping over and over. He then puts Umbrage at his #1 for defending TS and then after awhile says he reread and doesn't really find either of them scummy anymore. This seems CRAZY after how much he wigged out about the sheeping. Seems more like it was no longer serving his agenda to pretend to find them scummy. He provides a new scum list of:
SV wrote:Exe. Power hungry, seems to want Absolute Control. Never a good thing.
CooLDoG. Willfully oblivious to how the game works (Thinks day ends with election of executioner).
Haschel. Same thing as cooldog.
One for being power hungry and two because they don't understand how the game works. Really this is all you can come up with after all the content in this thread?

Then he just starts lurking. He never again posts any real content. He'd drop in and post every now and then to try to appear like he was scum hunting, but he wasn't. He'd be gone for pages and pages while players are saying they're suspicious of him and waiting for him to respond to things and then he shows up and says something like this:
SV wrote:Umbrage & Exe need to go to their separate corners and breathe deeply for a short while.

Seriously, stop creating so much noise. It distorts the signal that some of us are trying to find.
Doesn't respond to anything or do any scum hunting. Just tries to make it look like he is.

Then he's gone for awhile and when he comes back he says:
SV wrote:
exe wrote:Right, well hypotheticals are all well and good, but the fact is that I know I'm town so I can't really see much incentive for me to want to go against my own reads.
Exe, saying this (the bolded part) is totally null. Everyone in this game (if they have the proper mental faculties to actually play mafia) is going to say that they're town, and they know it.

I just don't see the point in saying it. It's especially bad by stating it as a "fact." The more you say it, the more true it looks (which, really, is why scum say it so very often).
No real scum hunting, no stating suspicions. Just mafia theory and stating the obvious (maybe a veiled jab that exe is scummy for doing it, but it's certainly not stated). Wouldn't be so bad except that it's all he's doing - dropping in to post something that makes it look like he's active, while not providing any useful information for the town or really trying to find scum.

He excused part of his inactivity to a snowstorm killing his internet for several hours (even though ff saw him lurking on the thread - not sure I buy the snowstorm line). Still doesn't bother to respond to anything in the thread. Then he drops in out of the blue to throw suspicion at me when I haven't even read the thread yet.

He's clearly lurking. He's reading the thread and avoiding responding to anything. He's careful scum, and he should be today's lynch.

day kill vote: SV
Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by Final Fires »

And same question to Umbrage: On a scale of 1 to 10, how sure are you that SO is town?

And Set, who are your other suspicions and town reads?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Setael »

@Amrun: To answer your question, I'm pretty sure vezok is scum. He has done absolutely nothing to make me think he's town, least of all alluding to a power role when there was hardly even much pressure on him and no wagon at all. The most likely scenario is he has a scum power role he thinks he can make look like a town power role tomorrow. Posts 201 and 204 create a definite connection between SV and vezok (SV says he needs to do an ISO of vezok and never does and then a couple of posts later vezok says he is leaning town on SV without giving a reason at all. I would be fine with him being today's execution, but I'd much prefer SV just in case he really does have a town power role. (If that's the case though, he is not very bright and did something incredibly anti-town.)

In order to have enough time to decide who to night kill, we need a good system for picking today's lynch and moving on. Ideally, we could get a majority on one player before the 28th but if not I think it's reasonable to have it be the person with the biggest wagon at that point and then we move on to discussing the night kill. Scum will be very motivated to not let that discussion happen so I anticipate attempts to distract the town away from getting a consensus.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by Setael »

@FF: I think Tragedy is also scum. She has been lurking a lot as well and posting questions without analysis, trying to fly under the radar. While reading the thread, I agreed with all the points made by you and Amrun against SO but then vezok's posts about him and SV's super scummy jump onto his bandwagon made it start feeling like a really opportunistic wagon. I agree with Umbrage about that. I have fairly town reads on Umbrage and Amrun. I had the same reaction to exe's gambit as Umbrage did. I totally bought it and was pissed exe hadn't given TS a chance to claim.

IGMEO everyone who supported the idea of lynching or night killing lurkers. Besides hoping to hit scum, our kills need to give us as much information as possible. Scum would be thrilled if we take out lurkers and thereby get almost no information for the next day.

@Charter - did you ever explain what you meant by thinking Exe was town but Axe was scum? If you did, I missed it.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by Amrun »

What are your reads on SO?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by Setael »

I don't think SV and vezok were bussing. If I'm wrong and SV flips town I would rethink SO but right now I think he's town.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Amrun »

I see. So your town read on SO is purely based on your scumread on SV?

That's also why I personally do not prefer an SO kill today, but if I am outnumbered, so be it. SO has come across scummy, for sure, and at the very least makes NO sense.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

StrungOver
StrungOver
Goon
StrungOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by StrungOver »

Final Fires wrote:SO, what's the difference from Exe laughing off accusations, and Umbrage doing this:
Umbrage wrote:I'm not trying to defend myself. Make a proper case against me and I'll defend myself.
Umbrage wrote:And I will not respond to every single argument made against me, mainly because there is no point in responding. If you want to interpret every single thing I do as scummy, I can't stop you. Have fun with that.
And on a scale of 1 to 10, how certain are you that Umbrage is town?
... about a 6
StrungOver
StrungOver
Goon
StrungOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Post by StrungOver »

Amrun wrote:Well, what was your reason for asking?

I'm assuming if I don't execute by deadline, then there is no execution.
My main reason was that if we do have a investigative roll then we could no lynch day and night until they find scum.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Post by Amrun »

Rolefishing. Zing!
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:00 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Kinda fell off the face of the Earth...
I have read most of the arguments and will give you my top two people for the kill today in my next post.
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:12 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Setael wrote:I had the same reaction to exe's gambit as Umbrage did. I totally bought it and was pissed exe hadn't given TS a chance to claim.
This seems weird to me, just because I assume the mod would have told you it was still day one when you replaced in, so when you read the gambit you must have known it was a fake daykill; otherwise Day 1 would have ended a long time ago.

Not really a fan of the SO-wagon; his posts read a lot more like frustrated town than scum.

For a moment I thought Tragedy was starting to look better, but then he posted
Tragedy wrote:I haven't posted much content towards the damn whole day of the shit, and yet, you dislike trying to get inactive people killed. Guess what? You're trying to point everybody at me so I could actually post good content while somehow feeling threatened. That's basically trying to make everyone more scummier than you think they could be, by making me the easier target, that's not something a good town would do.
It's hard to parse this rambling mess of a paragraph, but if I've done so correctly, Tragedy is saying that good town players would not put pressure on another player. This is patently false.

I vote to daykill Umbrage or Tragedy and nightkill the other.
StrungOver
StrungOver
Goon
StrungOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:19 pm

Post by StrungOver »

Amrun wrote:Rolefishing. Zing!
yes an investigative pr should claim!
We could just play follow the cop
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by Amrun »

We don't know what scum can actually do yet... This is such a horrible idea.

I can't even believe what I'm reading, to be perfectly honest.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:58 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

aww, I was going to make an SV case today, but Seteal beat me to it. :s But anyways, She's done a good job of it, and I support the SV/vezok kill too.
Haschel Cedricson wrote: Not really a fan of the SO-wagon; his posts read a lot more like frustrated town than scum.
And the irony is that right in the next post we have:
StrungOver wrote:
Amrun wrote:Rolefishing. Zing!
yes an investigative pr should claim!
We could just play follow the cop
no...
Just no...
I'm sorry, but this is just as bad as you're mass claim idea. Once is awkward, but twice is suicidal.
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:59 am

Post by charter »

Setael wrote:@Charter - did you ever explain what you meant by thinking Exe was town but Axe was scum? If you did, I missed it.
Meant Ant, not Axe.

We should probably end the day with a SO at the rate he's going. This is leading towards disaster.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:01 am

Post by Setael »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Setael wrote:I had the same reaction to exe's gambit as Umbrage did. I totally bought it and was pissed exe hadn't given TS a chance to claim.
This seems weird to me, just because I assume the mod would have told you it was still day one when you replaced in, so when you read the gambit you must have known it was a fake daykill; otherwise Day 1 would have ended a long time ago.
I only bought it at first and thought maybe it just couldn't end the day until we'd chosen our executioners. This isn't exactly the average setup.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:03 am

Post by Setael »

@Haschel, SO and charter: what do you think of SV?
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:21 am

Post by Umbrage »

I find SO slightly town for a few reasons, mainly because it seems odd for newbie scum to play so aggressively, to not be shaken by the wagon on them. I think much of the case on him is exaggerated, and points more toward newbie than scum. Considering that he hasn't been keeping up with the thread, I would be more surprised if none of his arguments were wrong.

Town is not doing it's job. SV, charter, and vezok have all slunk onto the SO and Umbrage bandwagons without providing any original reasoning and town just ignores it. This is blatant bandwagoning people, but you're so caught up in your "should we kill Umbrage or SO" crap that you don't see it. Haschel says he wants to kill both me and Tragedy. But Tragedy and I both think the other is scum! How is that kind of logic OK with you? Why are these players slipping beneath the radar?

Most of the attacks on me depend on the fact that I find SO town. AKA I did not jump on the bandwagon when it came around. That's because I knew someone had to stay objective. You've already got an army of scum bandwagoners backing you. I'm not going to become a sheep just to avoid negative attention.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:27 am

Post by Setael »

Umbrage, your thoughts on SV being today's lynch?
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

Setael wrote:
many, many words, but no meaning

Nice try.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:32 am

Post by Exe »

Setael wrote:IGMEO everyone who supported the idea of lynching or night killing lurkers. Besides hoping to hit scum, our kills need to give us as much information as possible. Scum would be thrilled if we take out lurkers and thereby get almost no information for the next day.
Ok this is just silly. You've been around Mafiascum for more than 3 years now, so I
know
that you realize that Lurkers are solid choices for vigs. And that's essentially what our night kill is. So this stance really doesn't make any sense coming from you...
Umbrage wrote:That's because I knew someone had to stay objective.
LOL you're so subjective it hurts. It's hilarious how highly you think of yourself.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:52 am

Post by Setael »

Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
Setael wrote:
many, many words, but no meaning
Nice try.
LOL. Keep lurking, buddy. I'm not the only townie who sees through you.

@exe - you really can't see the point that vigging someone who has provided no content gives us much less information to go on? Some lurkers, like SV would be a good vig because there's enough content and connections. Some people, not so much.
Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Final Fires »

[quote+"Umbrage"]I find SO slightly town for a few reasons, mainly because it seems odd for newbie scum to play so aggressively, to not be shaken by the wagon on them. I think much of the case on him is exaggerated, and points more toward newbie than scum. Considering that he hasn't been keeping up with the thread, I would be more surprised if none of his arguments were wrong.
[/quote]

Playing the newbie card isn't a good defense for him. This is my second game of mafia, but you still consider me scum even though I've "played aggressively" and didn't back when you accused me of scum. It doesn't worry me that you defend SO; it's that you pick and choose who you who you want your ideals to apply to (and the contradictions). Plus, none of his arguments have been right either.
Umbrage wrote: Most of the attacks on me depend on the fact that I find SO town. AKA I did not jump on the bandwagon when it came around. That's because I knew someone had to stay objective. You've already got an army of scum bandwagoners backing you. I'm not going to become a sheep just to avoid negative attention.
The attacks on you aren't based on the fact that you find SO town. It's the fact that you find him so town you're willing to chainsaw defend him, even with no valid reason to. I see no reason why a townie would do that. Like I mentioned earlier, you haven't refuted one point in the case against SO. You don't disagree with the case against SO; you disagree with him being lynched. That concerns me.
Setael wrote:IGMEO everyone who supported the idea of lynching or night killing lurkers. Besides hoping to hit scum, our kills need to give us as much information as possible. Scum would be thrilled if we take out lurkers and thereby get almost no information for the next day.
Unless I'm mistaking, haven't your top scum reads been Shattered, Tragedy, and Vez? And aren't all three of those lurkers?
Ant wrote:As for StrungOver, I am not sure if killing him today would be the best idea. Yeah, some of the things he said was wrong, but I have also liked some of his other points. I feel he could go either way, but I don't feel strong enough him like my other picks to kill him off right now.
Just out of curiousity, what did he post that you liked? Everyone who doesn't think he's scum keeps saying he posts
some
good things, but I haven't seen one pro-town thing out of him yet.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Umbrage »

@ Setael: SV is one of my top scum candidates, although I haven't yet decided who is the best kill. Right now, I'm trying to decide between SV, FF, Exe, and vezok.

@ Exe: How objective am I compared to say... charter?
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”