Mini 1126 - Game over - Was Averagely Suspicious saved?

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

P.S. Sometimes it bugs me when people don't understand my scumhunting.

Like I'm just posting all this to kill time from my jail cell or something.

dum dee dum
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Goon
Barry Allen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Barry Allen »

A lot has happened since I was last on thread...let me do this first, as I already promised to do some serious thinking about my sub case...

VOTE: UNVOTE

Subs - you didn't convince me with the "No YOU are" posts...but again two things nagged at me. First was knowing you were using that old guide, which really explained your posts and made it plausible that you were playing with less actual playing experience than would seem likely given when you joined the site. The second is now even more apparent to me...the only other vote for you is from Bill, and I've been looking very dimly at Bill for some time (first trying to choose between Bill and wikki, and later Bill and you).

As to where to put my vote...

Bill - for some time I've said that if I didn't have my vote on Subs I would be looking at you...unless the Rob case takes over in my thoughts, I will stay with this...

VOTE: VOTE Bill

Rob - Your explanations regarding lurking and how you separate "active" lurking from "clueless" lurking, and "town" lurking from "scum" lurking just keeps getting more and more convoluted. For someone who is so certain about lurking being a scumtell that it's in your sig, you suddenly seem to be giving a lot of elbow room to some lurkers over others...and it doesn't seem to make sense. For now my vote is on Bill - but I'm also catching up on 3-4 pages of thread and as I re-read it we'll see if it stays there or shifts your way.
Show
Life comes at you fast...be ready for it!
Barry Allen
- fan of speedsters everywhere, Mafia player since 2009.

My wiki page
The mafia forum I come from
My Tumblr
A Great Forum for Flash Fans
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by RobCapone »

barry, do you not agree that there are different types of lurking?

active lurking and i'm blue and I have nothing to contribute lurking?
Goodbye Mafiascum, you guys too serious for me.
Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Goon
Barry Allen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by Barry Allen »

I agree that not all lurkers are scum and not all scum are lurkers. But, you started out very certain that lurking was a scum tell, period...then started adding conditions to that, and not all of your explanation made sense - at least on my first read-through. That's why I plan to go back and re-read when I'm a bit less sleepy (near 11 p.m where I live and I've been on the road a lot today).
Show
Life comes at you fast...be ready for it!
Barry Allen
- fan of speedsters everywhere, Mafia player since 2009.

My wiki page
The mafia forum I come from
My Tumblr
A Great Forum for Flash Fans
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by RobCapone »

Papa Zito wrote:P.S. Sometimes it bugs me when people don't understand my scumhunting.

Like I'm just posting all this to kill time from my jail cell or something.

dum dee dum
you realize you contradict yourself when you disagree with me when i say people need to make cases and you ask for people to make cases

I know you are supposedly a good player, so you can you please start acting like it.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by RobCapone »

and I won't call out names just yet but if you can be seen atleast 3 times browsing this forum and you don't post anything at all, that is not helping the flow of the game.
penpen
penpen
Townie
penpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by penpen »

I've decided to put my vote back on Rob. I don't think he is doing a very good job scum hunting even though he is posting a lot.

Vote:RobCapone
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by RobCapone »

penpen wrote:I've decided to put my vote back on Rob. I don't think he is doing a very good job scum hunting even though he is posting a lot.

and what scum hunting have you done?

checking.....

oh none
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by RobCapone »

penpen wrote:I've decided to put my vote back on Rob. I don't think he is doing a very good job scum hunting even though he is posting a lot.

you should at least make your case like papa zito asked, not doing a good job scum hunting =/= a case fwiw

btw I am at l-2
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

RobCapone wrote:you realize you contradict yourself when you disagree with me when i say people need to make cases and you ask for people to make cases

I know you are supposedly a good player, so you can you please start acting like it.
If only I had just explained why I wanted one.

Oh wait.
Kappa
Just Monika
penpen
penpen
Townie
penpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by penpen »

RobCapone wrote:and I won't call out names just yet but if you can be seen atleast 3 times browsing this forum and you don't post anything at all, that is not helping the flow of the game.
That means nothing, I leave my browser up most of the time and I have it reload every 5 seconds even when I'm not at the computer. Browsing the forum is not a scum tell.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by RobCapone »

this game has such stellar scum hunters, you guys don't need me <sarcasm>
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by RobCapone »

btw I am going to bed, if I wake up to being L-1 I will hammer myself as town and not bat an eye lash.

my record already shows I will do it, so remove this wagon on me or be prepared for the most epic fail of all times.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by Hayker »

Sigh, please don't replace me. I'm on night shift with my kid tonight, but really that's only one feeding. I'll post between 12am-2am pst tonight a bit.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by subgenius »

Papa Zito wrote: Someone give me a rundown on the Rob case plz. I'd like to see it all in one place.
I was thinking about doing this anyhow, because everything is quite spread out. So here's the omnibus version of why Rob is scum, as I see it anyway.

1)For me, the most telling post is this one:385
rob wrote: my reasons for subs may suck, but they are my own and don't mirror anyone else
A few things here:
a)Biggest one is that it shows he was making more effort to not look sheep-like than make sure he had good reasons for voting.
b)despite knowing he didn't have good reasons for his accusation he:
i. dismissed the value of more time (211)
ii. I know rob disagrees with me on this, but I think he absolutely was trying to round up further support on my wagon by going out of his way to question people that he thought would have a good reason to vote for me (zito and Hiraki). I feel more strongly about the interaction with Zito than hiraki. Particularly this quote:(221)
rob wrote:zito how do you go from supporting a subs wagon to trying to de-rail it when he is L-2, just curious
2)The quickness with which he mounted a defense against the sheeping without even being singled out is pretty conspicuous.(376)
3)Insistence that people are scummy when they haven't explained themselves to his satisfaction accompanied by a disregard for when people don't think his cases make sense.
4)New one as I write this, that last post of his seems extremely un-town.

I feel extremely strongly about point 1a.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:04 pm

Post by subgenius »

I would like to make a side bet:

penpen will still be alive on the last day. Too crazy to night kill too weird to lynch.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by subgenius »

I would also like to note that while I would like nothing better than to see Rob lynched, it would be unwise to not take his threat seriously and end up in night time without hearing from the half of the town that hasn't posted today.
Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by Ashblade »

The forum going down is meh and killed a lot of my time to post. (or maybe it was just me) :( I'll write it tomorrow.

However, I can't just come in without commenting on this.
RobCapone wrote:btw I am going to bed, if I wake up to being L-1 I will hammer myself as town and not bat an eye lash.

my record already shows I will do it, so remove this wagon on me or be prepared for the most epic fail of all times.

Really. Really.

There's nothing I loathe more than a self hammering townie. If you're scum maybe you can get away with it, but... just... :igmeou:
I'm back... sorta. Not joining anything else until I know if I have enough time to keep playing. V/LA for most weekends. Apologies for my flake.

WHY ASHBLADE YOU FUCKERS? HE WAS THE LAST ORIGINAL TOWNIE THE LAST YOU KILLED A LEGEND - GreyIce
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

RobCapone wrote:btw I am going to bed, if I wake up to being L-1 I will hammer myself as town and not bat an eye lash.

I thought you said you weren't giving up?

GreyICE is probably scum. Not long after the substrike wagon starts losing steam, he just silently slips off for a Rob vote. After all the heavy rhetoric Grey used on substrike, if he changed his read I would expect him to say something about it, and if he didn't change his read, I wouldn't expect him to jump off it for a weak-ass case on Rob. On top of that, there is his ridiculously ridiculous waffle on Ashblade:
GreyICE wrote:Ashblade, not saying you haven't found scum, but my god that was such a scumpost.
GreyICE wrote:(sorry, Ashblade is just too town. It might be one of his scum talents, but if it is, he's got me fooled).
Do you want your possessions identified?
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:41 pm

Post by RobCapone »

Ice votes me because I defend myself
penpen because I use sarcasm, I defend myself, and I am not good at scum hunting
subs - I was forceful on wanting his lynch and because somehow making a case on him is being careful not to make it look like I am sheeping
Hiraki - votes no reason but earlier he suspects me cause I say Zito is trying to deflect from Subs wagon and because I said him defending subs after subs accusing him as scum is weird
Snake - just cause he likes my wagon

nobody has a valid fucking reason for voting me and this wagon is complete horse shit, this wagon formed almost as fast as the EA wagon.

Subs and Hiraki are just but hurt I call them scum, no fucking clue what snake and pen are thinking, and Ice has confirmed he is scum with his later post where he makes this comment, which is scummy as all get out.
Please don't make the play that makes me think you're scum if you're town...
tbh everyone on Zito's list should be defending their accusation that they were sheeping, I mean that was the point of the list right? the people on the list were sheeping so 1 or 2 people on it have a good chance to be scum, so mother fuckers need to explain why they are not sheeping.

Each person on the list, including scum Ice should be posting a reason why they were not sheeping.
I already explained mine

I started the EA wagon so not sheeping

I posted a fucking case on Subs - http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 9#p2805079

A case. You know an explanation as to why I think subs is scum, something that Hiraki absolutely refuses to make on Bill and than later tries to play it off by asking "if I was mafia would I buss Bill" come on with that load of BS.

because I don't know who is scum and what people are going to do I am not waiting til I am L-1 so scum or moronic town comes in an hammers me

Claim tracker

not get the fuck off me and vote hiraki, ice, or subs
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:35 am

Post by GreyICE »

Erratus Apathos wrote:

I thought you said you weren't giving up?

GreyICE is probably scum. Not long after the substrike wagon starts losing steam, he just silently slips off for a Rob vote. After all the heavy rhetoric Grey used on substrike, if he changed his read I would expect him to say something about it, and if he didn't change his read, I wouldn't expect him to jump off it for a weak-ass case on Rob. On top of that, there is his ridiculously ridiculous waffle on Ashblade:
GreyICE wrote:Ashblade, not saying you haven't found scum, but my god that was such a scumpost.
GreyICE wrote:(sorry, Ashblade is just too town. It might be one of his scum talents, but if it is, he's got me fooled).
*snort*

If I'm scum I make a lot more sense and read a lot more town. It's really easy when I KNOW all the alignments, I don't have to change my reads or move my vote much because who cares? I'm getting a townie lynched.

If I'm town I actually have to make the best lynch possible, the one I think most likely to hit scum.

Now Rob's claim... huh. I'm so not sure what to say. Did you breadcrumb it anywhere?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:41 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Rob, please respond to subgenius' 464. You say there's no case and yet there's a case.

Anyone else have a case they'd like to post on Brother Rob?

P.S. Called it lulz
Kappa
Just Monika
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:45 am

Post by RobCapone »

No cause I never can figure out how to crumb tracker, only one I know how to crumb is doctor.

Since you were on zito's list you need to explain why you were on both wagons. You agreed with zito and you were guilty of being on both, please provide your reasonings like I did

everyone on zito's list follow suit and explain why you were on both wagons.

if zito is right, we should catch someone with their explanation
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:47 am

Post by RobCapone »

Papa Zito wrote:Rob, please respond to subgenius' 464. You say there's no case and yet there's a case.

Anyone else have a case they'd like to post on Brother Rob?

P.S. Called it lulz
I'm not responding to anyone's case on me

lynch me and you will see I'm not lying
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:55 am

Post by GreyICE »

EA: I offered door prizes if we got him to L-2 within a page. We got it, prizes!

Subs: He's somewhere in this grey area for me. I've been getting a town feel from his posts, and more importantly, there was this problem:

subgenius (L-2): GreyICE, Ashblade, RobCapone, Barry Allen, Bill McQuill
Bill McQuill (L-5): Hiraki, Snake Eyes
bvoigt (L-6): Papa Zito
Barry Allen (L-6): subgenius
Papa Zito (L-6): Hayker
wikkiden (L-6): bvoigt
Hayker (L-6): Erratus Apathos
There just wasn't a counterwagon developing. I'm not saying I haven't ridden a scum wagon to lynch before without anything else developing against it, but I've got to say it's pretty rare. Some scum is going to say "Oh, that Bill McQuill (or someone else) is scum, look at these very good points, and here's this and this, I think my vote belongs there" and that wagon will suddenly gain momentum. The fact that there's so much noise and so little action says to me that they're perfectly content to watch the Subs train roll into the station.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”