New Designer Mafia (Victor(s) are crowned)

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Amrun wrote:So, encouraging town to lynch you instead of lynch scum (according to you), is helpful to town?

It's not.
Maybe you're missing the point. I don't want to be lynched. Hell, I don't really want to be wagoned either,
but it's useful info
. We see who is likely to defend me (should I turn up scum; lol), who votehops onto the biggest wagon, who lurks as soon as they're out of the spotlight (well done Olinea on not), etc.

Every post in every game has useful information.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Amrun »

Yes, but your defense is non-existent. You're just rolling over, in my eyes. I can't figure it out.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by Xalxe »

I will defend against points that make sense. So far it's been something along the lines of "Massclaim_is_bad" and "keep talking."
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by Amrun »

No, it has not.

It has been, "You do not scumhunt and any half-hearted attempts at scumhunting come off as psuedo-scumhunting."

There is an obvious solution here.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by Amrun »

If you actually make a REAL EFFORT at scumhunting, we can evaluate if it's genuine.

But you've balked so much that it's hard to come back from that.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

populartajo wrote:SC, where did your endertown read go?
To hell. If he's town, then he's acting like a chicken with its head cut off with that vote of his. I also don't buy that, 23 pages in, he still has no suspects.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Fishythefish wrote:
Furcolow wrote:My unwillingness to vote Olinea was based upon Xalxe and Olinea goading me into doing so when I first was catching up. It just felt wrong.
VOTE: Xalxe
I didn't "know" anything, and I don't. I can only use my head, and follow my heart with my vote.
Your quote just proves that the situation didn't sit right with me. There can't be a case on me.
I can understand that the situation didn't sit right with you, in that it was pretty confusing. What I'm not convinced of is that you could really have had a picture of Oli as scum detonator/loverer from what happened - I don't see how you could have reached that conclusion from the facts unless you really wanted to.
what about the fact that he bolded the word detonate?
what about the fact he was arguing with the person right before they blew up?
are these not damning? they seem to be. It's pretty obviously, now, that he didn't do it, but hindsight is 20/20
He was suspicious to me at the time.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:58 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Xalxe seems scummy on page 21
Plum dips into Fate-caps, not sure what
that
means
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:10 pm

Post by Furcolow »

unvote

I liked your promptness in linking to your meta, Xalxe, plus you've been playing better recently
I don't care if you're the top wagon. I'm not sure you're scum.

I'm going to vote a lurker, danakillsu
He has hardly posted. What little posts he has have been negligable, and really concerned with the detonator situation as opposed to scumhunting, even if it is through that situation. He's just not pushing forward. This is also shown in that he has given out more suspicions than actually placing votes down on people.

vote: Danakillsu
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:14 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Now Xalxe is throwing out a bunch of informational WIFOM out there. He HAS to be scum, can we just lynch him now please?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:52 am

Post by Furcolow »

Who are you kidding? Xalxe wagon is so out of steam
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:43 am

Post by DeathNote »

Here. I am in production week of my show. We open Thursday so I am having trouble keeping up. I will post some thoughts soon but I doubt that my opinion has changed on Xalxe.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:25 am

Post by danakillsu »

Furcolow's case is crap, but we all knew that.
It seems to me like when I FoS'd ender (my iso #15) I was told that he was not scum and that I was stupid/scummy for saying so. Yet now, I'm being told that's one of my voting options while other people pile on their votes. Well, whatever, I said it myself, but stop changing your minds.
unvote vote:ender
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

I think Ender is just too damn obvious to be scum. Post bombing isnt as deliberate as detonating, so it isnt so much of a slam dunk. His behavior is ridiculous, but again, no scum can possibly give themselves away that easily.

I guess in the end, ill join the Ender wagon if thats what it takes, but I so much prefer to lynch me XalxeScum.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Xalxe »

Oddly enough, I agree with IS here (except for the part about Xalxescum)
Fashion Llama
Fashion Llama
Townie
Fashion Llama
Townie
Townie

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Fashion Llama »

Zajnet has been prodded. Deadline hits in approximately 10 days.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:58 am

Post by Zajnet »

Sorry, I've been really busy. I'll have to catch up later tonight.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by Furcolow »

I actually agree with Xalxe and IS
I'm finding Dana to be scummy
happy with my vote
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:24 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Up to page 10, will continue later.

Notes so far:
Xalxe wrote:I propose we all claim our submitted roles as discussed in the Queue. Discuss.
Xalxe wrote:Also, I will not fullclaim submitted roles just yet, but I've already given a hint.
Wait, so you suggested everyone else to claim, but didn't want to do it yourself?
I know you attempted to explain this hypocrisy by saying:
Xalxe wrote:I'd like a concensus first. You guys went ahead and posted, fine, I wanna be sure nobody says NO DON'T WAIT MY ROLE SAYS IF WE DO THAT I DIE
But that doesn't cut it. You wanted everyone else to give you information but you weren't prepared to give information yourself? That sounds way more like a scum move than a town move.
Internet Stranger wrote:Scum are the only ones that benefit from this. It creates chaos and uncertainty. Youre not being clever here, all youre doing is playing into the scum's game.
This is an overreaction, but I do agree that doing all the role compilation stuff is a good way to look helpful when not actually hunting scum at all.
zoraster wrote:Anyway, returning to the Xalxe vote. He's being active and "helpful" but not in a way designed to catch scum. For this reason, he is my primary suspect.
Yeah, this basically.

Feel bad for chess and cooldog.

Lots of people are voting without reasoning. Not helpful. You are just going to be asked to explain your votes later anyway, so why not just save us all some time.

Olinea has said he can prove he is not a detonator. Better be able to because he looks
extremely
suspicious right now.

Lol Furc is so funny.
populartajo wrote:Olinea is very very likely SCUM and not because the detonator stupid stuff which is PRETTY OBVIOUS she is not, its becuase she is full of scumtells. Im not liking his justification for random voting in post 5, his sheeping to the claiming strategy in post 7, and more importantly she is freaking scared of Demon Hybrid, like too worried of being caught. Assuming Olineatown, I dont know where she got the conclusion that DH was tunneling townie instead of considering him as a scumbag trying to get advantage of her, which is the normal townie reasoning. This strongly suggest Olineascum.
Nice bit of analysis.

Olinea proved his power. Probably isn't detonator but is not cleared of being scum.
Internet Stranger wrote:Im not going to let Olinea confuse things on me. Olinea detonated, Chesskid blew up. Im not going to let the fear, uncertainty and doubt of this chaos dissuade me. The fact is a fact.

Yea, the vote count is screwy, but in a game like this, this is expected.
Somehow I think one of Olinea's quiet partners is secretly screwing with us trying to save Olinea.
I for one, im not falling for these shenanigans.
Bolding mine. It could be useful to have people claim if they submitted a role that could possibly do this.
Did anyone?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:31 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Oh, yeah, I didn't claim mine:

Partners - Two people. If either of them come up for lynch, players must PM the moderator which of them is really lynched via secret ballot.

Compulsive Dayvig - may post per game during a day phase in thread "Dayvig: Player, but if doing so, must kill every subsequent day.

Inventor - Can create something once per night, but cannot keep their invention.
WhenInRome
WhenInRome
Goon
WhenInRome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:13 am

Post by WhenInRome »

Wait, is there a jester role? Because ender just seems so obvious, I can see him being a jester.
BEN DROWNED

Worst luck ever: Last townie alive. They lynched me. (http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16353)
brokenscraps
brokenscraps
Goon
brokenscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:38 am

Post by brokenscraps »

ender play is fairly scummy going by meta, and the one scum game of his I've skimmed seemed to have him playing at a higher caliber. However the way he reacted to Olinea getting attacked for being the bomber (passive defense because he knew it was his own fault) doesn't fit well with him as scum unless you also think Olinea is scum. As for him being jester I don't imagine he would play it this way.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:39 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Up to page 13:
I didn't mention this before but pictures and videos?! How interesting. @ zoraster: are you just doing it for fun?

People are saying that the detonator might be town, but I doubt it. It's looking more and more like olinea was being set up, which would not seem like a town-motivated move.

@ post 245: omg there is totally faint writing on the paper were the pen has pressed in from above. I believe it says: "I'm soooo scum in this game!!!!". I think I've caught scum, wat does everyone else think? :P

Furc is in every game I play these days. We are getting to be able to read each others meta pretty well. I think he is town in this game.
populartajo wrote:A vig should kill Furcolow.
Why?
ender241 wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: zoraster

Zoraster knows that not everyone can use youtube to be able to watch it, this makes it a different improved, some might say, version of lurking. There is also too many "ehrmm's" and "err's" in his point to actually believe any of this he needs to get telling the truth as an ehrmm is definitely a sign of lying and ever heard of LaL? I have.
You're seriously voting him for this? If you think he is trying to fly under the radar get him to do a transcript of the video or do a transcript yourself.

I have a question in general as well: would submitted roles be altered at all by the mods?
I would say yes, as we've already seen that one of the roles was altered to be a lover as well. This is mainly to Internet Stranger who is saying that because olinea said "detonate" and someone blew up, according to the claimed role the detonator must have been olinea. This is understandable, and I see that IS quoted occams razor, which is admirable.
However
if the role was changed to allow for detonation via pm it could have been anyone. And since roles can clearly be altered this possibility must be considered.

Edit: just read that mods can indeed alter roles. Well there you go.
populartajo wrote:ok, ender is town.
Why? He is actually playing a lot like me as town. Making weak cases against people and then backing off immediately when he gets called on it.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:40 am

Post by Xalxe »

That's what I was thinking too, broken. The entire "Olinea fiasco" doesn't make sense unless Olinea, Furcolow and ender are all scum together. As it is, really only furcolow could be scum of the three.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:49 am

Post by Amrun »

WhenInRome: Someone did send in a jester role. I speculated on enderjester before.

Still not sure. I honestly think he is probably town or jester because of the way he said "lynch me."
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”