Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:03 am

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

mallowgeno wrote:
Game Specific Rules

#2-Players are voting each night to elect a killer. Voting remains anonymous and the killer remains anonymous. Members of the mafia's party count for two instead of one. You have 48 hours to PM me your vote, otherwise it won't count. I will then PM the killer and they will have 48 hours to select a kill. Players may not vote for themselves.
The way I'm reading the rules is that, during the first 24 hours of the 48-hour Night, every player PMs the Mod with a vote for the player that will be entrusted with the nightkill. Therefore, "deciding" a night killer inthread is pointless.

@Mod: Am I understanding correctly?

However, it seems we are free to settle on the nightkill target (if any) inthread.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Amrun »

Of course, but we can all decide who we're going to vote for...
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:16 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

...and then if the chosen killer isn't elected questions will be asked
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:13 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

It is not pointless at all. If the town doesn't know who to vote for, then it is easier for scum to take the nightkill.
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Umbrage »

Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
mallowgeno wrote:
Game Specific Rules

#2-Players are voting each night to elect a killer. Voting remains anonymous and the killer remains anonymous. Members of the mafia's party count for two instead of one. You have 48 hours to PM me your vote, otherwise it won't count. I will then PM the killer and they will have 48 hours to select a kill. Players may not vote for themselves.
The way I'm reading the rules is that, during the first 24 hours of the 48-hour Night, every player PMs the Mod with a vote for the player that will be entrusted with the nightkill. Therefore, "deciding" a night killer inthread is pointless.

However, it seems we are free to settle on the nightkill target (if any) inthread.
This is really bad logic. It seems that you're saying since we can't tell who did or didn't vote for the person agreed on, there's no point in agreeing on anyone. But if we don't, scum will get it. So it's in every town member's interest to vote for the person agreed on.

If we agree: chance of scum killer.
If we don't agree: definite scum killer.

So why are you against agreeing on a killer?
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

I AM AN IDIOT.

Just because we vote for a killer at night doesn't mean we can't pre-decide during the day. Please to be ignoring my idiocy. :roll: My only defense is that I posted that before breakfast.

Carry on.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Amrun wrote:That's a fair point, actually. HC, why Umbrage?
Because he reacted to Exe's fake daykill in an extremely scummy way. He advocated killing Exe, despite the fact that if the daykill had gone through it would have made it more likely that Exe was town, and he chose the extremely odd phrasing of "Even if he's town, he's now used his power and is basically a confirmed VT, not someone we want alive." If Exe had a daykill and had hit scum, then Exe would be confirmed town. The way Umbrage tried to set up an Exe nightkill suggests that Umbrage knew how TS would flip.

In addition, Umbrage spent a lot of time pushing a case on charter for active lurking when no reasonable interpretation of "active lurking" would describe charter at all. When called out on how awful his argument was, he gave up and posted a picture of a monkey.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Umbrage »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Amrun wrote:That's a fair point, actually. HC, why Umbrage?
Because he reacted to Exe's fake daykill in an extremely scummy way. He advocated killing Exe, despite the fact that if the daykill had gone through it would have made it more likely that Exe was town, and he chose the extremely odd phrasing of "Even if he's town, he's now used his power and is basically a confirmed VT, not someone we want alive." If Exe had a daykill and had hit scum, then Exe would be confirmed town. The way Umbrage tried to set up an Exe nightkill suggests that Umbrage knew how TS would flip.

In addition, Umbrage spent a lot of time pushing a case on charter for active lurking when no reasonable interpretation of "active lurking" would describe charter at all. When called out on how awful his argument was, he gave up and posted a picture of a monkey.
OK. Deep breaths. I can do this calmly. And... here we go.

1) Having a daykill ability does not make anyone more or less town. End of story. Not open to debate.

2) I already explained why it is GENERALLY a bad idea to leave VTs alive. I'm not feeling particularly nice today, find that argument yourself.

3) Yes, if he had hit scum, he would most likely be town. And if he hadn't hit scum?

4) There is no other way to describe what charter is doing. It's active lurking. He comes in, says something like "I don't care about whatever you guys are talking about, I just want Umbrage dead kthxbi", and vanishes again. That is active lurking. Charter is active lurking. If you want to actually form a proper argument as to why he is not active lurking, I'm all ears.

5) The post I was responding to was this:
charter wrote:1) When have I disappeared? I've posted every single day the game has been open. I'm most definitely not an active lurker. Now you're just looking for anything you can think of to accuse me of.

2) You're tunneling. You've decided I'm scum (for pretty much no reason I might add) and now you're shaping all of my actions to paint me as scum regardless of whether or not my actions are actually scummy. For example, this latest activity issue, which you're still pursuing, despite contradicting yourself (so clearly you don't believe either story makes me scummy) and despite being clearly wrong. Forgetting about someone has nothing to do with it.
Here charter basically admits to active lurking.
I've posted every single day the game has been open.
Which proves he can post content. But he doesn't. He's posts the same crap over and over. He adds nothing to the game. The definition of active lurking is: a) posting just enough to avoid getting replaced and b) not providing any content.

6) Instead of rehashing old arguments against me, why don't you take a look at other players? Because at this point you're as helpful as charter. All the two of you are doing is sticking your fingers in your ears, closing your eyes, and shouting LALA UMBRAGE IS SCUM. This is not pro-town behaviour. I shouldn't have to tell you fuckers that it is not pro-town behaviour. If it wasn't for dumb shits like you we would be able to tell who's acting scummy. As it stands now, I have to try decide who's scum and who's stupid. Which isn't, suffice it to say, a healthy environment for the town.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:44 am

Post by Exe »

Vote to Kill: Umbrage

I like how Umbrage claims that no one is scumhunting anymore. Because, you know, it wasn't scumhunting that led us all to believe Umbrage is scum.

Umbrage is just soooooo completely obvtown that CLEARLY because we find him scum, we AREN'T scumhunting.

Lol.

I really am not seeing anything more than noise coming from umbrage's posts at this point.
Umbrage wrote:I shouldn't have to tell you fuckers that it is not pro-town behaviour. If it wasn't for dumb shits like you we would be able to tell who's acting scummy.
Don't insult us. Period. It got you force replaced out of one game already, don't make it a habit.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

I'll do a quick, unofficial vote to kill count:

Vezok: 2 (Amrun, StrungOver)
Umbrage: 6 (Tragedy, FF, Exe, Charter, Vezok, Haschel)
Shattered Viewpoint: 2 (Umbrage, Twistedspoon)
Tragedy: 1 (Ant)
StrungOver: 1 (Shattered Viewpoint)

Just Setael left to declare an executee officially If I'm correct

~Screwtape
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Tragedy »

Uh huh.
I wonder why Ant's voting for me.
I wonder why does it feel like Vezok is celebrating his luckiness (with his possible scumbuddies)?
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Exe »

Also, Umbrage your case on Charter is crap. I see that he made 2 posts where he did the whole "umbrage should die, goodbye," and they were RECENTLY.

He spent the entire beginning of the game posting CONTENT while you made the ridiculous accusation of active-lurking the entire time.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

looking at the vote to kill list, SV get's a (small) townie point for me. He's gone with SO, even though it'd have been easy to ride the Umbrage wagon and look inconspicuous with 6 votes already on her. SO is an interesting choice.
Maybe I'll switch my executee vote to vezok, we'll wait and see. For now I still find myself agreeing to post #600 and other reasons :s

oh, and to move mainstream for a second, I don't think Charter has been actively lurking tbh. From the first post he was trying to organise the town to maximum efficiency, and I seem to remember him in the gambit against me too.

~Screwtape
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Setael »

Vote to kill: SV

To vote umbrage for calling for exe's death after the fake day vig, you are assuming that exe is definitely town and that scum umbrage, knowing exe's alignment, tried to use his day kill as a way to get him lynched. It's just crap logic. First, in assuming exe is definitely town which if you're a townie you don't know that for sure and second, to think that scum would really think it a good move to call for the death of a protown vig (I can't see scum ever thinking this is a good idea, especially when that vig is going to flip town, guaranteeing major suspicion from the town. Scum are more careful than that.) It looks a LOT more like a townie who, not knowing TS's alignment, was pissed about such a stupid, senseless day kill.

Problem is that some of the players voting for her are townies using crap logic and some are probably scum hiding behind poor reasoning, but it will be difficult to sift out which is which.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:36 am

Post by Exe »

That's not really the
only
reason that Umbrage should die. You've missed like 4 pages of content that is on the side of Umbrage dying.

mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:44 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
mallowgeno wrote:
Game Specific Rules

Yes, you are voting at night to decide who will receive the power of the night kill. However nights are 96 hours, players have 48 hours to vote and use abilities, then the killer has 48 hours to kill.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:53 am

Post by charter »

Oh hey, looks like Umbrage is the overwhelming majority for kill choice. Let's end this day Amrun.

Elect Amrun at night and no kill. In the event Amrun does something crazy with his kill today (like kill someone no one voted for), I propose we elect me and I'll kill Amrun tonight.
Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Final Fires »

For the night kill, I'll quote when I said earlier:
FF wrote:We execute umbrage. He flips scum. Odds are pretty good that SO is scum; go ahead and NK him.

We execute umbrage. He flips towns. We just lost one town night vote for the NK. If we choose to NK someone, we risk losing two town votes for the NK. Worst case scenario, the next day we also execute a townie; we just lost a ton of power very quickly. I think it's better to take it slow and be cautious with our NK. The quicker we kill people off, the more chances we have of making mistakes. The more mistakes we make, the faster the scum will gain possession of the NK.

As for who gets the NK, I would feel the best if Am got it again. However I wouldn't be against Charter or Exe taking it either, because they've been very vocal for a Umbrage/SO execution.
If Am tries anything crazy, I'd be ok with Charter taking it. However, I would want him to do no-kill, so we can discuss what happened and get peoples reactions to it beforehand. This is more dependent on what exactly Am did; depending on the situation I would leave it up to Charter's judgement.

We need to reach a consensus that we're all going to vote for the same person, even if you dislike the final NK decision. If you are not ok with giving someone who's being considered a NK, you need to speak up now. It's better that the townies get the kill no matter what, than for the mafia to get it and be able to weaken the town.

Is anyone in objection to my plan?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by charter »

I could care less if we kill tonight or not. I was under the impression more people didn't want to kill, but I didn't count opinions or anything.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

There is not a clear second pick out of our picks so waiting for this night might be good choice.
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by Tragedy »

@Mod: Is it possible that we could choose to not have an Executioner?
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Exe wrote:Don't insult us. Period. It got you force replaced out of one game already, don't make it a habit.
Again, lies. I replaced out of that game voluntarily because the mod was an ass. MORE LIES FROM EXE YAY!!!
He spent the entire beginning of the game posting CONTENT while you made the ridiculous accusation of active-lurking the entire time.
Lying liars lie. My point that charter was active lurking began when he was active lurking. Look and see.
Tragedy wrote:I wonder why does it feel like Vezok is celebrating his luckiness (with his possible scumbuddies)?
Oh, I'm sure the scum are having a blast! Free tunnel on Umbrage party! Town's too blind to do anything about it! It's basically a free mislynch!
Final Fires wrote:If Am tries anything crazy, I'd be ok with Charter taking it. However, I would want him to do no-kill, so we can discuss what happened and get peoples reactions to it beforehand.

This is the worst thing I've read since my book club chose My Sister's Keeper. WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT CHARTER TO TAKE THE KILL? ALL HE'S DONE ALL GAME IS SAY HE WANTS TO KILL ME! IS THIS THE KIND OF PERSON WHO STRIKES YOU AS LEVELHEADED? IS THIS THE KIND OF PERSON YOU WANT TO TRUST NOT TO FUCK THINGS UP?

AND WHY OH WHY DO YOU WANT A NO-KILL? IT'S BEEN SHOWN THAT IT IS WASTING A KILL AND BAD FOR TOWN! THERE AREN'T ENOUGH CAPITAL LETTERS IN THE WORLD TO COMMUNICATE TO YOU HOW BAD THIS QUOTE IS!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know what? Kill me. Go on, kill the town's last clearheaded player. Just don't pretend it was somehow my fault.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Umbrage wrote:Lying liars lie. My point that charter was active lurking began when he was active lurking. Look and see.
I did look, and he wasn't.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by charter »

Straight from the horses mouth. Fire away Amrun.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Tragedy wrote:
@Mod: Is it possible that we could choose to not have an Executioner?
Are you suggesting that everyone submits a no vote?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”