Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Zdenek »

Neko wrote: I really just wanna know if you think Ice is scummy. I didn't think this would be so difficult. It's not going to make a difference for today, but I would like you to say one way or the other before the day is over.
I do not think that ICE is scummy.
set wrote: If emp is a mason, there is likely a cop that could look into it.
Normally Mason's are used as a way to balance games without using a cop, so it is unlikely that there will be a cop in the game.
mb wrote: I have no idea why I thought implosion was town.
I don't like this change of heart, especially after ICEninja's post 500.

I really have to wonder about King's focusing on WOMC in 504, after it's been announced that WOMC is likely to be replaced.

Nameless' 509 is terrible. He parks his vote on a claimed mason, asks Saint to answer to his accusations (if he's scum, you want to to give him a chance to talk his way out of it?) He defends Implosion for some reason that I don't understand. Pro-town fluff: "There's been so MANY lurkers / flakers in this game it's gonna be hard to figure out who is actually scummy without some serious poking, though. This should happen during D2." While I agree with the sentiment that "if Empking flips scum, then Set needs to be analyzed," I do not like that he follows this with "Don't forget q21's dodgy play in that slot either." If he thought q21 was dodgy, shouldn't he think that Set should be analyzed anyway? He attacks Neko for being hypocritical because he changed his mind about the Empking lynch, as though Empking's claim shouldn't make a difference. I agree with his observation about KTS attacking WOMC after he is likely to be replaced.

I don't understand why IP says that this was good posting in 525, especially since he follows that comment up with a vote on Saint, and this was after disregarding Empking's claim soon after it was made.

LOL:
Nameless wrote: Empking being alive for another day is more likely to distract from scumhunting and let certain players get away with lurking rather than help the town.

mb53 is obviously one such player, but Zdenek comes to mind as coasting a lot too. There's been so MANY lurkers / flakers in this game it's gonna be hard to figure out who is actually scummy without some serious poking, though. This should happen during D2.
Nameless wrote: Setael: 'Refusing to participate' and 'ignoring everything' are funny scummy ways to rephrase 'have IRL stuff to do'.
Anyway, I still think that Nameless is scum, I understand the cases on Saint, mb and KTS, but it doesn't look like many others agree with a Nameless or KTS lynch. Saint has claimed VT, so I guess I'd prefer his lynch in a pinch to mb's if only to avoid outing power-roles.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:47 am

Post by neko2086 »

Saint, I'm not defending you. I think mb's lynch is optimal since he's scummy, and if he is indeed scum, I think it will shed some light on both you and implosion, thus the information to be gained is significant. Yet, I still find you scummy, and if the town thinks you're the best lynch, so be it. It will still be far superior to an Emp lynch.

Others have more or less said it, but it's worth emphasizing that the fact you mention that you're
trying
to play townie and focusing so much on your playstyle is pretty well exactly what scum do. I feel strongly that townies really don't need to think so much about how they're playing, but I am also aware that not everyone agrees (hence the abundance of alts). So, I wouldn't consider you saying what you've said as town beyond the realm of possibilities.

Zdenek, if you still think Nameless is scum, do you think it is more likely that Saint is his partner than mb?
In Tartiflette We Trust
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:39 am

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

Zdenek wrote:...
asks Saint to answer to his accusations (if he's scum, you want to to give him a chance to talk his way out of it?)
What? Are you saying we
shouldn't
ask people to answer accusations, we should just lynch them without letting them respond?
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Zdenek »

Neko wrote: Zdenek, if you still think Nameless is scum, do you think it is more likely that Saint is his partner than mb?
I'd say that it is more likely that mb is his partner than Saint because I'd be surprised if Nameless was bussing this early in the game. I only said that I'd support lynching Saint over mb to avoid outing power-roles.
1216 wrote: What? Are you saying we shouldn't ask people to answer accusations, we should just lynch them without letting them respond?
No, but he's had his chance and he ignored the case on him, and I see no reason to keep giving him opportunities to respond. It's BS like this from you that would make me really happy with your lynch.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Empking »

te

Vote: mb[/b]

I'm not suire I'll be asctive on Thursday.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:27 am

Post by Swiftstrike »

What a horrendous read this game is.
Empking wrote:Swift: King is trying to convince the town that the Mafia gain some super powers if town dies before them rather than after them. Do you agree with this hypothesis?

Unvote

Vote: King
No, but scum surviving for more days does give them the chance to influence the town to gain more bad lynches.
--
I don't think that lynching a mason claim is the right move today as it isn't a strong claim, but what I don't like is that I'm reading the last few pages as if you are hinting that I am mason with you when I'm not .

with these statements
Empking wrote:
Mod: Doesn't WOMC want to replace out?
implying that you know something
Empking wrote:
KingTwelveSixteen wrote:
Empking wrote:...
Your "town not giving full reasons" as a reason Nameless is scummy is horribly hypocritical. .
When did I say that?
Empking wrote:
but I don’t get how, say, his wall on the town v Saint is scum trying to mislead.
It tries to make Saint look scummier than he is with his ignorance on why people are voting him) by presenting all the arguments against Saint in an easy to see form
despit the large numbers of town members (and its the scum's tactic of choice) that are almost deliberately (or actually deliberately in Nameless and King's case) obscuring their point.
So nowhere then?
And who freaking cares about town accuracy? It has absolutely nothing to do with scum desperately attempting to gain a mislynch or two before they die. Like, literally irrelevant to the discussion.
This is so obvious scum it hurts.

"Town's accuracy is irrelevant to whether or not town will correctly lynch or not."

You realize that when WOMC's replacement comes you'll be caught out, right?
Empking wrote:
KingTwelveSixteen wrote:
Empking wrote:
--cut--
Although since its seems pretty obvious that neither I nor Nameless will be lynched today it seems like you are correct in your assessment that it will fail. Also, what does WOMC being replaced have to do with me being "caught out"?
A replacement will read through this thread without a blinder on. You're obv scum. Put 2 and 2 together and you get four.
Both just seem to be hinting that you know I'm going to be coming in and siding with you.

It just seems that at best you have turned this game into a big shouting match and I've had to read it and it has drawn away from getting info on other players and as such the argument between yourself and king is the only thing I can really take from this day so far and neither of you come out of it with any credit with you avoiding questions and King tunnelling on you hard. Either of you could clearly be scum or town involved in the most stupid town vs town arguments i have yet read. So now I have to go back and ISO Saint and MB separately so I can actually get a read on them without reading you and King and see if there is a viable scum lynch there.

--
Oh and as for page 1 questions.

1 GMT
2 Prefer questions
3 And playing my first still open game on site and have a wiki linking my offsite completed games.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Empking »

I am not masons with you. I presumed you'd side were me because King is obv scum.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by Setael »

Swift, I'm not sure how it's protown to narrow down for the scum who emp's mason buddy is. Unless you're scum in which case, maybe you're trying to start a trend? It's either scum genius or idiot town. Please no one else follow his lead. And I guess there is the chance emp is scum and then it doesn't matter at all.

I don't like the saint wagon, nor how much it's distracting from an mb lynch.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Nameless »

BREVITY TIME.
DarthYoshi wrote:How exactly has Implosion redeemed himself?
He hasn't.
Zdenek wrote:He parks his vote on a claimed mason
FFS, #526.
Zdenek wrote:you want to to give him a chance to talk his way out of it?
If town -> avoid mislynch.
If scum -> he'll stumble.
Zdenek wrote:He defends Implosion
Not intentional; explaining preference.
Zdenek wrote:Pro-town fluff
Suggestion / warning.
Zdenek wrote:shouldn't he think that Set should be analyzed anyway?
I do. But moreso.
Zdenek wrote:He attacks Neko for being hypocritical because he changed his mind about the Empking lynch
Attacked vote, not unvote.
Zdenek wrote:
Nameless wrote:Empking being alive for another day is more likely to distract from scumhunting and let certain players get away with lurking rather than help the town.
Nameless wrote:Setael: 'Refusing to participate' and 'ignoring everything' are funny scummy ways to rephrase 'have IRL stuff to do'.
6 hours != lurking, obv.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by implosion »

Sorry, I'm really stressed right now >.>. I think mb is more likely to flip scum than Saint based on recent posts. Ergo,

Unvote, Vote: mb

If I have time tomorrow I'll do something more thorough. I probably won't though.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by ICEninja »

This game is disappointing, as town isn't really coming together very well.

I still want an implosion lynch, but I'll switch to MB or Saint (I think at this point the preference is MB) but it isn't what I really want to do.

I'll post on some stuff before deadline.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

I'm not liking implosions last post up there.

God, why do you all have to be so
scummy
, I can only lynch one of you. :(
Yoshi wrote:Yeah, shifting play as an excuse is suspicious as well. Missed noting that one.
QFT
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:32 pm

implosion wrote:Sorry, I'm really stressed right now >.>. I think mb is more likely to flip scum than Saint based on recent posts. Ergo,

Unvote, Vote: mb

If I have time tomorrow I'll do something more thorough. I probably won't though.
Which recent posts? Saint's? mb's? :neutral:
And you probably won't do anything more thorough then this? This post isn't very thorough.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

@Mb53, Saint, Neko, Nameless, and IP: All of you (and maybe KTS as well, with that last post) in the last few pages or so have expressed some level of suspicion about Implosion. Do all of you feel strongly enough about your Saint/Mb votes to not want to consider forming a compromise Implosion bandwagon?

(And, for being the two most likely lynch candidates, Mb and Saint are both awfully silent right now.)
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:49 pm

Post by Swiftstrike »

Setael wrote:Swift, I'm not sure how it's protown to narrow down for the scum who emp's mason buddy is. Unless you're scum in which case, maybe you're trying to start a trend? It's either scum genius or idiot town. Please no one else follow his lead. And I guess there is the chance emp is scum and then it doesn't matter at all.

I don't like the saint wagon, nor how much it's distracting from an mb lynch.
That is to assume that he actually has a mason buddy and that we know for certain he isn't lying scum, I just didn't like the idea that he was trying to use WOMC being replaced as a get out of jail free card and wanted to put a stop to that. I agree that no one else should be following my lead as no one else did he hint heavily that would be agreeing strongly with him.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:05 pm

Post by Saint »

It's my birthday, but I'm not going to AtE
I would like for you all to lynch someone else, but like i've said, I'm just a townie.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:39 pm

Post by Nexus »

Votecount the fourteenth:

Saint (5): KingTwelveSixteen, mb53, InflatablePie, nameless, Darth Yoshi
mb53 (5): Setael, neko2086, Saint, Empking, implosion
nameless (1): Zdenek
implosion (1): ICEninja
ICEninja (1): Swiftstrike

Not voting: Noone.

Deadline is in 26ish hours. With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Saint and mb53 are both at L-2.
Trans rights are human rights.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:37 am

Post by InflatablePie »

DarthYoshi wrote:@... IP: All of you (and maybe KTS as well, with that last post) in the last few pages or so have expressed some level of suspicion about Implosion. Do all of you feel strongly enough about your Saint/Mb votes to not want to consider forming a compromise Implosion bandwagon?
I'd really rather have a Saint lynch. But I could be persuaded to join an implosion wagon.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:52 am

Saint wrote:It's my birthday, but I'm not going to AtE
I would like for you all to lynch someone else, but like i've said, I'm just a townie.
That is totally AtE.
DarthYoshi wrote:@Mb53, Saint, Neko, Nameless, and IP: All of you (and maybe KTS as well, with that last post) in the last few pages or so have expressed some level of suspicion about Implosion. Do all of you feel strongly enough about your Saint/Mb votes to not want to consider forming a compromise Implosion bandwagon?

(And, for being the two most likely lynch candidates, Mb and Saint are both awfully silent right now.)
I probably would, but right now it doesn't seem like a good compromise, seeing as how Saint has 5 votes and implosion has 1.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:43 am

Post by mb53 »

Ok, Implosions last post is absolutely terrible. Its been at least a week since implosion has said
anything
about me... And then he votes for no reason.
@Mb53, Saint, Neko, Nameless, and IP: All of you (and maybe KTS as well, with that last post) in the last few pages or so have expressed some level of suspicion about Implosion. Do all of you feel strongly enough about your Saint/Mb votes to not want to consider forming a compromise Implosion bandwagon?
Yes. Especially after that last post. And since it seems almost everyone else is for this...

Unvote, Vote: Implosion

Zdenek wrote:I don't like this change of heart, especially after ICEninja's post 500.
mb53 wrote:
1. People change opinons quickly all the time. That's not a scum tell.
2. People have faulty memories. Also not a scum tell.
I'm going to have to agree with Empking here.
Question: Say it is an hour before deadline, and there are 6 votes on me... Would it be a good idea to self hammer to avoid a no-lynch (I would guess yes, but I want to check just in case...)?
I have no idea why, but the server wasn't working for me last night. All other websites were working but this one >_>
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:57 am

Post by Setael »

I'm going to reread looking at implosion. I've never gotten anything but town vibes from him, but I could use a reread and I'm willing to hammer him to avoid a no lynch.
mb wrote:Question: Say it is an hour before deadline, and there are 6 votes on me... Would it be a good idea to self hammer to avoid a no-lynch (I would guess yes, but I want to check just in case...)?
This is interesting. On one hand, you could be scum just trying to look town, since this is obviously something scum would never do. If you are town, I don't know... There's the issue of all the information gained by any death but it's still a numbers game and we need all the townies we can keep around. I think I would not hammer myself. We'd at least have the info gained by the night kill. A townie hammering themselves is giving the scum 2 dead townies, assuming nothing interferes with their night kill.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:01 am

Post by Empking »

Question: Say it is an hour before deadline, and there are 6 votes on me... Would it be a good idea to self hammer to avoid a no-lynch (I would guess yes, but I want to check just in case...)?
IYes, I've lost a mini normal because everyone was focused on the player who should've been lynched day 1 allowing the scum to walk to victory. (Hey, Neko!)
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:03 am

Post by Setael »

Also, swiftstrike's vote on ice is leftover from weapons. Who are you voting, swift? You've done very little actually. You must have time to be fairly active since you just agreed to replace in, so where are you? What do you think of the current wagons? Was weapons scum whose buddies bailed him out early in the game?
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:59 am

mb53 wrote:...
At first glance I'm gonna haveta say
NOOOoooooo.
You are the only confirmed townie you know most of the time (if you are a townie :shifty: ) so self-hammering seems like pretty much a horrible idea.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum