Newbie 1066 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by mozamis »

Actually, I'd say that Mozamis has done the least 'blending in' out of anyone here. He's posted like a million posts or something and is really putting himself in the foreground right now. Problem is, I think Mozamis is the kind of person who would do that regardless of whether he was town or mafia, so I'm still neutral.
(TRENDALL)

LOL you sum me up perfectly. One of my fav songs is called: "Bigmouth Strikes Again" ;)
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Thian »

Mozamis:
I am talking about the following quotes from you. That were unprovoked.
mozamis wrote:no exoerience on this site. played a couple of times with my mates years ago.
so TOTAL NOOOOOOB really
:)
mozamis wrote:although, in fairness to bvoigt, he is right, that RG made three other posts (about deadlines for the game etc). only after i piped up saying thatbvoigt was suspicious did he say he thought bvoigt was suspicious too.
sigh [/b]*confused noob face*[/b]

Those are unprovoked statements of calling yourself noob.

I don't want to be caught off guard by someone who will use their "newness" as a buffer to escape answering questions or pretending to not understand something because they are new. So yes, I am leery and will be when someone shoves that around.

You are explaining to me WHY mozamis, you aren't explaining why did you feel that you have to say you are newb or new.

Trendall:
Why? Someone who states they are suspicious of (insert name). Yet won't vote for them? We don't have loyalties to anyone, only scum do. So what motive would town have not to vote? None. Especially that early? The only reason I can see is mozamis not voting ((at that time)) because they didn't want to get lash back from another person and start causing ripples. This was an early alert.

It was RVS, votes don't stick normally, why would someone cast their suspicion and not vote. everyone is on even ground right now except for mafia, so they are going to be more cautious of where they place their votes!
~I told you it was a bad idea to tell her she smelt like hot dogs!~
Games Completed
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by mozamis »

Thian, please look again at my replies to you ,post 38 (p2) and posts 54 and 57 (p3). In all of them I respond to your questions, and quite clearly i thought.
This leads me to conclude :
1) You are an uncomprehending townie.
2) You are scum.

2)seems more likely, and yet what makes me unsure is that surely the mafia would use better tactics than you are. Your tactic (if u r scum) seems to be repeat the same accusation and ignore the answers. That doesn't seem a great scum ploy to me. Or is it one that is used?
anyone else got any thoughts on Thian?
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by mozamis »

ah. got it. if you r scum, i guess the tactic u r using is" get everyone to go off on a wild goose chase", ie whack suspicion on me. Is that called diversion?
but if you r town, thian, i hope you now understand my postion and we can move on.
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Thian »

So your conclusion leads to believe:

I am townie
I am scum

What part of post 151 are you responding to when you told me to look at post 38, 54 and 57? Were you responding to the section that was addressed to Trendall?
Games Completed
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by mozamis »

the very top of your post where you quote me as making unprovoked noob claims. I deal witht these in posts 38, 54 and 57.
No i was not responding to the Trendall part of your post.
I am reading another game where the scum try and convince the other townies that one of the townies is the village idiot (VI).
Is this your tactic now? ;)
"Give Mozamis enough rope, keep him talking about it-it will thow others off our (scum) scent, and he's posted so much that he'll make himself look silly?"
If other people agree, I'm thinking i shouldn't answer thians questions for a while. If people want me too, of course I'm happy to oblige.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

Thian wrote: Thewayitends:
Which votes do you like of BV's?
you also stated that maxous hasn't posted at all, and there is good reason to be voting for him. Your vote has fallen on me due to my first post? try harder. Why aren't you on the maxous vote? Are you avoiding someone? Do you not feel mozamis is scummy, or RG?
Alright then, I appreciated the first vote on mozamis from bv because of mozamis's comment "hope i dont get lynched for being first" the "vote for being first" was, i feel necessary after a comment like that. Was that a serious vote? no. but if he hadn't done it I would have.
Second vote, on RG, This one actually kinda made sense to me. 4 posts or so in between last post of content and then he jumps on the suspicion bandwagon.
Third vote, NS Appreciated this one as well. Looks like an attempt to goad our IC into action, something I was waiting for as well.
The fourth one, on me I didn't get, I was replying to RGs strange comment, he says I'm posting without relevance. A vote for lurking without content I would have understood... that one not so much.

As far as Maxous goes, I don't think I said there was a good reason to be voting him. What I said was, he posted early then went lurking (meaning I didn't have any sort of read on him) But I attributed that to the extended weekend (that I assume a few other people enjoyed....maybe).

My vote has fallen on you for tunneling what I feel is easy lynch bait. mozamis is a target because he didn't vote on his first suspicion? I feel like he explained why that was like 3 posts later, and while the lack of voting, you say, doesn't connect him to people, as long as hes stating his suspicions we can use those on rereads. Would I prefer him to use votes like most people on this forum? Yes, and if he plays many more games I think he might see the advantages of using votes early, but I believe his initial non vote was just out of cautiousness.

Theres a Maxous vote I should be on? Why do you think that is? Should we lynch Maxous right now because he went away for a few days? The Maxous vote was to make him post, which he has done.

moz, no, not really. RG..... maybe. While his absence is suspicious he did seem super confused about how anything on this site works...(clues anyone?) That doesn't seem to point much to anything to me. he could just as easily be confused town as he could be confused scum. (He also may have quit...
Hello RG???
)
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

I'm not sure you can call that first one unprovoked Thian.....
Maxous wrote:This game sure has started swiftly.
Anyway it seems that I am a SE this time, which means if the newer players have any questions about the game feel free to go ahead and ask me. I will gladly re-direct your questions to Nobody Special, the IC of the game.

Before we get I start playing the game I have 2 questions for everybody.
1) How much experience do you have playing games on this site here?
2) Do you have experience playing this game outside of this site?
Experience tends to be useful to know for future reads.
mozamis wrote:no exoerience on this site. played a couple of times with my mates years ago. so TOTAL
NOOOOOOB
really :)
RaudhrGarm wrote:1) How much experience do you have playing games on this site here?
-
None. Noob.
TheWayItEnds wrote:This would be my first game of Mafia on this or any other site.

I have, while waiting for an account activation and this game to start, read through several games in their entirety.

So:
Total noob
with small understanding of how games on this site work.
I suppose that makes us all scum.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Thian »

TheWayItEnds:
I had a game in past, that scum was the first to post. The town went on that theory and it was prooven to be true. I believe the theory was 50 percent of the time, the first person to vote is scum. ((obviously not a great theory to begin with and it was questioned)). I am drawing from past experiences that are creeping up into this game. Fair enough on your assessment, that it can be looked at as tunnelling.

however, why are you stating he is easy lynch bait? You are asserting that he is bait?
Games Completed
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by bvoigt »

TheWayItEnds wrote:The fourth one, on me I didn't get, I was replying to RGs strange comment, he says I'm posting without relevance. A vote for lurking without content I would have understood... that one not so much.
To me, lurking is a null tell, because it just means that someone doesn't have time to post. Posting without relevance, on the other hand is active lurking...someone is choosing not to post content. That being said, your recent posts do have decent content.

UNVOTE: TheWayItEnds
VOTE: Nobody Special

NS's most recent post is true, but it's an awful lot of words to post one neutral read.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

Thian wrote:TheWayItEnds:
I had a game in past, that scum was the first to post. The town went on that theory and it was prooven to be true. I believe the theory was 50 percent of the time, the first person to vote is scum. ((obviously not a great theory to begin with and it was questioned)). I am drawing from past experiences that are creeping up into this game. Fair enough on your assessment, that it can be looked at as tunnelling.

however, why are you stating he is easy lynch bait? You are asserting that he is bait?
If the game had started about a half hour earlier, I would have been the first to post, as I checked it right before I fell asleep, so I don't know about that "theory" of yours. Especially since this is the first time you've brought it up...

I'm calling him lynch bait, because at the start of the game he looked like the sort of poster who can be jumped on and pressured by scum and look bad, making for an easy mislynch.
That's what it looks like to me.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:56 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

Thian wrote:TheWayItEnds:
I had a game in past, that scum was the first to
post.
The town went on that theory and it was prooven to be true. I believe the theory was 50 percent of the time, the first person to
vote
is scum. ((obviously not a great theory to begin with and it was questioned)). I am drawing from past experiences that are creeping up into this game. Fair enough on your assessment, that it can be looked at as tunnelling.

Sooooo this has been bugging me for the last 7 and a half hours or so.

First issue: The words I bolded are different.... thats bad. Sure moz was the first poster, but he didnt vote, that was BV with the first official one, and RG with the first....half attempted one?

Second issue: Not only is 50 percent like the worst random number ever.... I just went and checked every game on your wiki (and read a good chunk of one.) And not only did this only happen once (well kinda depending on which bolded word is correct) But that particular game, the scum confirmed about 10 minutes earlier than the next guy, but you yourself attempted to place the first vote. (I say attempted because the person you voted for wasn't playing.)

Third issue: You just came off of a game with jiggeryqua, the first poster by about 4 hours....(you remember, the one you voted for for posting first) A endgamed town, super noob who was just excited to play his first game.... But you still want to try and pass this off as a "theory"

So, no. I can't (and won't) read every game you've ever played. But since you clearly don't adhere to this yourself while playing (placing the first vote, see issue number 2)... this is what it looks like.

You jumped on moz early because moz was an easy target and the wagon was already there. The wagon has since fallen apart but moz still looks a bit scummy, so you leave your vote there, while pointing out one of the weakest cases on someone I've ever seen (repeated (twice) use of the word noob, and a lack of voting that I feel has been explained). I pointed this out, you backpedaled and hastily came up with this....completely awful post i just ripped apart. And all the while I like my vote even more.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:12 am

Post by mozamis »

*cheers TheWayItEnds* :lol:
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:11 am

Post by mozamis »

So this is from Thians first ever game on this site (end of the game, he was town):
@ kingdavid. you couldn't have said it any better. I did make a fool of myself through the game.
It was hard for me to come across pro town
and I am not surprised I became that target. Next time I will try to not be so flakey with posts and take a little time thinking.
I am more used to playing mafia in person
as conversations happen at that moment. Sleeping on something and then coming back to it and then flipping through countless of pages.
It was hard for me to keep up
but yeah, if I hadn't known any better, I would have pinned me as being scum LOL
(Thian, Newbie 963,p30,post 732, my bolding)

Still, at least you didnt play the boob card in your first game, eh? ;)
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:12 am

Post by mozamis »

lol i like my freudian slip
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:59 am

Post by Vordark »

@Crazy
: Quickly looking I see that RG still has not posted and has not even logged onto the site since Monday night (about an hour or so after his last post here). Has he been prodded yet?
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:35 am

Post by Vordark »

TheWayItEnds wrote:I'm calling him lynch bait, because at the start of the game he looked like the sort of poster who can be jumped on and pressured by scum and look bad, making for an easy mislynch.
That's what it looks like to me.
I'm not buying the easy lynch bait argument here. At least three other people have pointed out Moz's early behavior as scummy (not including myself), but have given him a discount specifically because he's new. If he had even one other game under his belt, I think he'd be looking at a L-3 by now. The extreme defensiveness and repeated one-line content-free posts wouldn't do much of anything to allay those suspicions either, but are being written off in much the way NS described in his post. After last night I'm reading Moz as an over-exuberant probable townie, but writing anyone off as lynch bait seems dangerous to me. Especially when their behavior has appeared suspicious to so many.

That said, I want to hear from Thian exactly why he is beating this drum so hard. Trying to make a case is one thing, but the reasoning he's offering is getting very hard to accept.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:57 am

Post by mozamis »

no ones put forward a decent argument yet as to why my behaviour is scummy.
The argument seems to consist of:
1) Mozamis didnt vote when he was supicious of someone.
2) he then claimed newness as his defence.
3)therefore he is scum.

As syllogisms go, its pretty weak.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:57 am

Post by Crazy »

Vote Count:

Vordark
(0)
RaudhrGarm
(1) - Vordark
TheWayItEnds
(0)
mozamis
(1) - Thian
Thian
(1) - TheWayItEnds
bvoigt
(1) - RaudhrGarm
Trendall
(0)
Maxous
(0)
Nobody Special
(2) - mozamis, bvoigt

Not voting
(3) - Trendall, Maxous, Nobody Special

With 9 alive, 5 votes will achieve a lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is
March 12th
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:59 am

Post by Crazy »

Vordark wrote:@Crazy: Quickly looking I see that RG still has not posted and has not even logged onto the site since Monday night (about an hour or so after his last post here). Has he been prodded yet?
I'll give him a prod. Normally I'll prod players automatically if they don't post for 72 hours.
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:23 am

Post by Thian »

Mozamis, you posted an end game thought? lol what are you doing? Really.
Games Completed
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:26 am

Post by Thian »

Thewayitends:

several hours? lol. anywho you still are asserting to the fact that mozamis is bait, this means you know they are town, and you are defending them why? To look more protown? Mozamis, don't start cheering on someone if you don't know their alignment. They may come to your aide, but what purpose is it showing.
Games Completed
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:32 am

Post by mozamis »

Thian wrote:Mozamis, you posted an end game thought? lol what are you doing? Really.
Ah, now you're making an ad hominem attack. Always a sign of desperation. "My argument is going nowhere, so lets get personal!"
Come on Thian, stick to the argument or otherwise you look scummy.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:33 am

Post by mozamis »

Thian wrote:Thewayitends:

several hours? lol. anywho you still are asserting to the fact that mozamis is bait, this means you know they are town, and you are defending them why? To look more protown? Mozamis, don't start cheering on someone if you don't know their alignment. They may come to your aide, but what purpose is it showing.
I liked his defence of me. I'll cheer if I want to :P
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:36 am

Post by mozamis »

lets crank up the pressure on Thian :)
UNVOTE VOTE THIAN

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”