Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Furcolow »

What if the liar didn't want to be killed in the night?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:08 am

Post by mothrax »

Then the liar shouldnt have reniged on his lie.
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Sathoris »

Furcolow wrote:OK, I lied.
I'm not a veteran. Can you imagine why I would fakeclaim that? I'm so mad right now. Do you all want me to claim? I don't believe it is in the best interest of the town for me to really claim. The person I claimed is truth, but the role is not. My alignment is town.
Why did you claim the first time anyway? You didnt need to claim to avoid a lynch, if I remember correctly you weren't close to a lynch.

You've been acting like this all dayphase, squirmy.
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:24 am

Post by EGL »

@ Amrun stop parroting LMP.

@LMP You just voted without saying anything. I was hoping you'd have, you know, elaborated a bit more on a case about him.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:30 am

Post by Amrun »

@EGL: I wasn't parroting. I asked a question, whereas he just accused. How could you have missed LMP's deep suspicion of DP? It was made quite clear yesterday, when you were around and posting. It made your question stand out.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Artem »

LMP, #1221 wrote: Ya, because clearly your power was so dangerous that the
scum
wanted you RB'ed....
Artem, #1213 wrote: She didn't say
scum
roleblocked her...
Why the misrep?

Why do people keep insisting this is a scum roleblock,
even after I post the bit about other potential (and potentially town) blocking roles

FoS: LMP
, because it looks like he's riding some inside information here. I think scum role-blocking Amrun and going into the day with a "I don't buy it" attitude plan is a potential play here.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:45 am

Post by LimMePls »

EGL wrote:@LMP You just voted without saying anything. I was hoping you'd have, you know, elaborated a bit more on a case about him.
I WENT ON ABOUT HIM FOR PAGES AT THE END OF THE DAY YESTERDAY! AM I TAKING CRAZY PILLS!? You can't just infer that the reason I'm voting someone that I've already been riding as scum is that I still believe they are scum for all the reasons I've already said!? I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN THIS GAME!

@Artem: That's stupid.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:45 am

Post by EGL »

@Amrun, in my experience things usually change quite a bit day phase to phase. And if he had elaborated his case it could have kept it fresh in everyone's minds.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:12 am

Post by Feysal »

bvoigt #1192 wrote:So, it's probably one American and one Soviet scumteam?
I agree on this. I would guess that being poisoned is the Soviet kill flavor and being assassinated the US, since real life Soviet assassins are known to have preferred poison. I know RedCoyote did not say much about GhostWriter/hohum yesterday, but that slot would make most sense as a vigilante target, and the other two as scum targets.

I'm now glad I did not share my setup theory immediately when I replaced in, not doing so enabled me to watch for town and scum tells. I was pretty sure there were two scum teams, and some players basing their thinking on one scum team implies ignorance, and therefore town. I find subtle tells like that to be more reliable than the big ones, since they tend to be harder to fake.

As for possible scumtells, three people yesterday hinted at two scum teams: DavidParker (#845), Furcolow (#894), gonnano (#1114). Furcolow's hint was the three-member scumteam which smargaret caught, the other two were explicit. Only DavidParker has not explained where his insight came from. Why did you think there were two scum factions? And bvoigt too of course, why did you?

As for Furcolow, he has been caught lying, and since it was his own fault he has no business being mad at anyone but himself about it. There is also another thing I wondered about when he claimed. Immediately after claiming Heydar Aliyev he claimed not to know much about his character. Why would he not? My role PM included a wikipedia link, and since ThAdmiral posted one in thread, I assume his did as well. Why would Furcolow not check his wikipedia link if he wanted to know about his character?

I continue to believe Amrun is town, like I did yesterday. If she has been blocked, that is odd, but I don't think it makes her scum.
Beasts of the Sea
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Beasts of the Sea »

Amrun wrote:Holy crap!! Three dead?!
So your team killed LlamaFluff or RedCoyote? Good to know.
Nachomamma8 wrote:THIS MEANS THAT ALL THOSE LAZY VOTES (yes im looking at everyone who has voted today) NEED TO STOP.
Lazy votes? With no suggestion as to where to place "diligent votes"?

More scum team bickering in 1195 - 1197.
I'm not a veteran. Can you imagine why I would fakeclaim that? I'm so mad right now. Do you all want me to claim? I don't believe it is in the best interest of the town for me to really claim. The person I claimed is truth, but the role is not. My alignment is town.
A veteran? You never said you were a veteran to begin with. He obviously has some sort of information about a veteran and that relationship to being bulletproof and is claiming he is now not bulletproof, so where did the veteran comment stem from? Town rarely has any good reason to lie, so it is time for a full claim.

VOTE: Furcolow
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Amrun »

@LMP: Artem's post was actually not stupid at all.

@BoS: Where did my post imply that at all? Also, how would you even infer that? Llama was my biggest supporter. If I was on a scum team, how do you imagine we would come to the conclusion to kill him?

Furcolow actually DID say he was a veteran, by the way.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Artem wrote:She didn't say
scum
roleblocked her, though with a townie blocker lynched, it would be the most likely scenario. But I also agree that a silencer seems like a really strange role for scum to block. It may also have been some other role, like a jailor, who took Amrun out of the game for the night to see if a night kill would happen. Or Amrun could be lying. I'm afraid there's no way to check at this point in the game.
I would think it highly unlikely that a) we would have another town blocker, and b) that even if we did they (or a jk) would target amrum.
But you're right, I am going to remain suspicious of amrum until she can prove her role basically.
Sotty7 wrote:
If, in hypothetical land, there was a silencer in the game and it was used on a player, it would show up on the vote count in a obvious manner.
Actually I am inclined to believe that amrum probably is a silencer after reading this. I don't see why sotty wouldn't have just said "no comment" otherwise.
Amrum could still be scum though, but much less likely, as I don't think she would have been targeted by a town blocker (if we have another one) or town jk.
Why furc? Why?
Artem wrote:I think scum role-blocking Amrun and going into the day with a "I don't buy it" attitude plan is a potential play here.
This is looking more likely.
Feysal wrote:As for Furcolow, he has been caught lying, and since it was his own fault he has no business being mad at anyone but himself about it. There is also another thing I wondered about when he claimed. Immediately after claiming Heydar Aliyev he claimed not to know much about his character. Why would he not? My role PM included a wikipedia link, and since ThAdmiral posted one in thread, I assume his did as well. Why would Furcolow not check his wikipedia link if he wanted to know about his character?
This is a good point. But it also applies retrospectively to amrum and the mix up with general macarthur. There's no way that mistake would have been made if she had checked the wiki page.
It is weird but people can just be lazy sometimes and not check wiki pages, I guess?
Beasts of the Sea wrote:A veteran? You never said you were a veteran to begin with.
Amrun wrote:Furcolow actually DID say he was a veteran, by the way.
Furcolow wrote:I am also for claiming. Like say I was a Bulletproof, what would that do to the setup? I have also heard of this role being called a Veteran. If I was a Veteran, and had two night lives, it might be wise to claim and setup a circle if there were direct ways of directing via whispering/personal messages. I do not see us having that ability here, so it might not be safe to put all of our pieces out on the table yet.

I was considering claiming Veteran publicly, but I am going to just sit back for now.
This, basically.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by gonnano »

gonnano wrote:I'm still in favor of an Amrun lynch, for the same reasons I outlined toward the end of D1. And I think it is DEFINITELY worth note that Lowell has continued to be an active lurker, even 48 pages in.
Some people have pointed this out, and it was poor communication on my part. The reasons that I outlined toward the end of D1 are why I'm
still supporting
an Amrun lynch, versus supporting in general. What I meant was that the guevara flip was not enough to convince me that Amrun was town based on flavor, as I still think McCarthy is even more likely to be scum than Che Guevara. I did not mean that the only reason I support an Amrun lynch is because of the flavor.

All of the problems with PI still apply, as well as the claim of a scummy name with a scummy power. Plus, now it turns out that Amrun A.) did not specify a target before night as promised, and B.) apparently was lying about being able to silence people (without nightkilling them, anyway)

I'm leaving my vote where it is. Amrun is obviously scum.

@Feysal: while we're giving out possible scumtells, why did
you
think there were two scum teams?
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Amrun »

Your argument makes no sense, gonnano. You said that if I flipped town, bunny would probably be town... Logically, it should go both ways. We learned not to trust flavor. Her PR was also "scummy."

I didn't specify a target ONLY because people told me not to, so that's a huge misrep. And you know there are several other explanations for you not actually being silenced. What does nightkilling have to do with anything?

Gonnano is looking scummier and scummier. Ugh.

But Lowell-lurker is bad, EGL still not looking great, DP isn't looking great either, and Furcolow is a liar and I don't see the town motivation for that.

But my top two are gonnano and Furc right now.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Artem wrote:
LMP, #1221 wrote: Ya, because clearly your power was so dangerous that the
scum
wanted you RB'ed....
Artem, #1213 wrote: She didn't say
scum
roleblocked her...
Why the misrep?

Why do people keep insisting this is a scum roleblock,
even after I post the bit about other potential (and potentially town) blocking roles

FoS: LMP
, because it looks like he's riding some inside information here. I think scum role-blocking Amrun and going into the day with a "I don't buy it" attitude plan is a potential play here.
Of course it would have been scum, how many town RBs do you expect us to have?

If scum want to pull a move like that to get a lynch on Amrun, let them, it's not exactly like they were going to have a hard time lynching Amrun anyways.

@Amrun: This is why Artem's post was stupid.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by EGL »

I'm pretty sure I've seen Lowell lurk as town before. Doesn't he always lurk?
EXTERMINAAATE~!
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Artem »

Feysal wrote: I know RedCoyote did not say much about GhostWriter/hohum yesterday, but that slot would make most sense as a vigilante target, and the other two as scum targets.
I disagree. Llama dropped hints that he had a Vig shot. If you were a Vig and had a feeling that somebody was dropping breadcrumbs for a later fakeclaim of your role, wouldn't you shoot them?

-------------------------
LMP wrote: Of course it would have been scum, how many town RBs do you expect us to have?
Artem wrote: She didn't say
scum
roleblocked her, though with a townie blocker lynched, it would be the most likely scenario. But I also agree that a silencer seems like a really strange role for scum to block.
It may also have been some other role, like a jailor, who took Amrun out of the game for the night to see if a night kill would happen.
A jailor would generally be a pro-town role.

LMP wrote: If scum want to pull a move like that to get a lynch on Amrun, let them, it's not exactly like they were going to have a hard time lynching Amrun anyways.
My job is to find and lynch scum, not prevent them from lynching Amrun.

LMP wrote: @Amrun: This is why Artem's post was stupid.
Thank you, your Highness, for taking the time out of your busy schedule to explain to us plain mortals why the posts by peasants, such as myself, are so stupid. For future reference, pointlessly discounting other players' posts as "stupid" and throwing fits (#1219 and #1231) are generally considered to be turd-tells and could be seen as a violation of rule #12.

This is my last post before my V/LA. See you guys Monday/Tuesday.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Furcolow »

I'm soviet, basically, from Azerbaijan or whatever. My guy was friends with the Democracy in Russia, so he is on the good side, if one so exists. It is all based upon perspective. I like capitalism more, so I don't mind. I don't really feel nervous about a wagon on me, or claiming anything. Lynch me if you all will, I don't really care.
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by EGL »

On the good side "if one exists"?
EXTERMINAAATE~!
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by Furcolow »

it's all relative to perception with something like politics or religion
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:26 pm

Post by mothrax »

L/A due to computer issues. I will be able to follow along on my phone, but no large posts or anything
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:55 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Artem wrote:
LMP wrote: @Amrun: This is why Artem's post was stupid.
Thank you, your Highness, for taking the time out of your busy schedule to explain to us plain mortals why the posts by peasants, such as myself, are so stupid. For future reference, pointlessly discounting other players' posts as "stupid" and throwing fits (#1219 and #1231) are generally considered to be turd-tells and could be seen as a violation of rule #12.
Yeah, LMP has basically been doing this the entire game.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:20 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Well I'd be more sure that Furc was scum after his slip if I wasn't a Russian town-aligned player myself.

Name claim: Mikhail Bulgakov, yeah kinda random.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:45 am

Post by EGL »

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ding_Mafia Read at the bottom about gloating.
Amrun wrote:Holy crap!! Three dead?!

What does "removed from the bunker" mean?
EXTERMINAAATE~!
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:26 am

Post by Stephoscope »

DavidParker wrote:Well I'd be more sure that Furc was scum after his slip if I wasn't a Russian town-aligned player myself.

Name claim: Mikhail Bulgakov, yeah kinda random.
I just read his entry on Wikipedia, and I can't help but wonder why in the world he would be in this game...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Bulgakov
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”