Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:08 am

Post by mb53 »

He is just distancing from Implosion to
-appear protown and off my wagon if i die
-have his vote on his scumbuddy if he dies
it's win-win for him as scum, mb is probably scum

1. No, I will still be happy if you die
2. Uh, no. I think he could be scum, so I'm voting him.
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me
Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Swiftstrike »

Setael wrote:Also, swiftstrike's vote on ice is leftover from weapons. Who are you voting, swift? You've done very little actually. You must have time to be fairly active since you just agreed to replace in, so where are you? What do you think of the current wagons? Was weapons scum whose buddies bailed him out early in the game?
At the moment I'm not voting for anyone, well at least I wasn't and then suddenly I was

Unvote

I have had time, unfortunately the read of this game was long drawn out and dominated by EMP and King's argument so I want to get a read again ignoring there posts, this means I'm not best placed to be calling all the decisions at the moment but....

wagon wise I like Saints less than MB and since we are voting to lynch on a time limit right now that will be my vote.

Vote MB53

And no, as WOMC wasn't scum and I'm not scum I guess we just have to see if I can handle weapons spot adequately.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:15 am

Post by Setael »

You're at L-1 mb. Time to claim.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 am

Post by implosion »

Yes, mb, I hadn't said anything about you. I had read what others had been saying about you, and some of your recent posts, and liked them less than those of Saint. I had a lot of work to do last night, and less tonight.

The reason why I think mb is scummier than Saint is, as others have talked about, his recent posting. Like ISOs 34-36, they're all really vapid. That trend continues through his recent posting. There's just really little new information, a lot of restating what he's already said. That's basically it. As I said, I don't think Saint is that scummy.

Concerning the emp vs king fight: i think king is town. His posts look legitimate to me. Emp kind of looks like he's grasping at straws to continue attacking king/Nameless, which I don't quite understand why he's doing if he's town. Since he isn't being lynched, though, his alignment should be clearer in the future if he survives.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Empking »

Implosion: You know that period of time where King revealed his true scum colours and decided to active lurk and trick people into thinking he was town? Why do you think King did that?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:51 am

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

Setael wrote:You're at L-1 mb. Time to claim.
Oh, snap. :o
KingTwelveSixteen wrote:
Setael wrote:I'll vote anyone to avoid a no lynch day 1. Anyone. I'm sure I'm not the only one, so I don't think your argument for switching back to emp is reasonable right now, especially when the deadline might be extended. I think it's scummy to not be willing to consider anyone else at this point. If you think mb is scum, VOTE him. Right now it looks like you switching your vote from emp to implosion was just an attempt at gaining town points later when emp flips mason. Scummy.
This post is scummy: nowhere in that post do I see Yoshi say he thinks mb is scummy. I even read Yoshi's ISO and it seems he only has a neutral/neutral-scum read on mb. Also, Yoshi explictly said that he would likely be unable to check back in before the previous deadline as the reason why he switched back to Emp from implosion, since implosion didn't have enough votes to be lynched and almost certainly wasn't gonna get the 5 or so needed before the deadline ended and assuming the deadline will be extended is just
asking
for it. Double also, why are you acting like you already know, for sure, Emp's alignment?
DarthYoshi wrote:@Setael: I basically telegraphed my #503 in my #480—I said I would re-cast my vote closer to the deadline in order to avoid a no-lynch, and you didn’t seem to have a problem with it then. Assume my re-vote was scummy—why would scum be like, “Hi everyone, I’m gonna do something really scummy in a few hours! Make sure you watch!” In any case, I believe that it was irresponsible to act as though we will be getting an extension without it being set in stone, and so not re-voting would have been deliberately risking a no-lynch on D1.
You know, Setael never responded to this. Hows about you do that Setael?
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:26 am

Post by mb53 »

Sigh... VT.

This game isn't going so well for town. 4 claims on day 1.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by Nameless »

Let's see. Mb53's wagon sprung up out of nowhere the moment there was a chance to avoid Empking's lynch. (Compare, _over9000/Saint being justifiably attacked several times before now.) The accusations against mb53 are valid, but limited to a few obviously lackluster posts. (Compare, Saint's complete lack of sensible contributions in the last week, unfulfilled promises of a dedicated catchup post, and ignorance of any accusations against him ...) Identifiably scummy players like implosion are jumping on mb53 without much explanation. (Compare, the entire wall of accusations and plenty more since predating Saint's wagon.)

I'll call it: Saint is scum, mb53 is town, and the scumteam are pushing the heck out of his wagon to prevent themselves from losing a member.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by mb53 »

Nameless wrote:Let's see. Mb53's wagon sprung up out of nowhere the moment there was a chance to avoid Empking's lynch. (Compare, _over9000/Saint being justifiably attacked several times before now.) The accusations against mb53 are valid, but limited to a few obviously lackluster posts. (Compare, Saint's complete lack of sensible contributions in the last week, unfulfilled promises of a dedicated catchup post, and ignorance of any accusations against him ...) Identifiably scummy players like implosion are jumping on mb53 without much explanation. (Compare, the entire wall of accusations and plenty more since predating Saint's wagon.)

I'll call it: Saint is scum, mb53 is town, and the scumteam are pushing the heck out of his wagon to prevent themselves from losing a member.
I've been think this the whole time, but if I said anything along these lines saint would just yell "OMGUS" and everyone else would ignore it.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by Setael »

Nameless took the wind out of my confidence about mb being scum. Looks way too much like nameless KNOWS mb is town and is setting up future mayhem based on that. I wish the wagon were on nameless.

I need to reread to respond to king/Darth. I'm on my phone and I'm confused about something that I need my compy to be able to look into. Should be able to do it later tonight.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Nexus »

Votecount the Fifteenth:

mb53 (6): Setael, neko2086, Saint, Empking, implosion, SwiftStrike
Saint (4): KingTwelveSixteen, InflatablePie, nameless, Darth Yoshi
implosion (2): ICEninja, mb53
nameless (1): Zdenek

Not voting: Noone.

Deadline is in 11 and a half hours. With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. mb53 is at L-1.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by Nameless »

LOL, Setael.
That
didn't take long.

But seriously: Ad Hominem, confidence isn't scummy when you can back up your arguments, and if you actually believed what you just said then would have shifted your vote off mb53. (Maybe onto Saint? I don't know, since you've never really commented on anything except his wagon - and that for ill-defined reasons.)
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by mb53 »

Well it looks like the whole implosion wagon thing isn't working.

unvote Vote: saint
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Since only one person joined the Implosion wagon today, my vote is staying where it is for the moment, but I’ll try to check again before I go to bed to see if there is still a risk of a no-lynch. I'm okay with a lynch of either Mb or Saint, especially to avoid a no-lynch, but right now, I'm still leaning Saint by a nose. Mb is at least trying to defend himself, Saint just seems to be trying to pretend the cases on him don't exist.

However--
Mb53:
I've been think this the whole time, but if I said anything along these lines saint would just yell "OMGUS" and everyone else would ignore it.
Not wanting to do something solely because of the reaction it would cause sounds scummy.

Also not liking that Implosion basically admits in #578 that he is sheeping in his Mb vote.

PEdit: Scratch what I said about a person joining the Implosion wagon. Guh.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Setael »

Trust me, if there were a wagon on you or I thought there was any chance one could get support before deadline, I'd have moved my vote to it. I think Saint is town and that is why I didn't move my vote to him. I've gotten nothing but a townie vibe from him and I've never seen any argument against him that I found much merit in. In fact, many of the arguments against him I've found very scummy:
me wrote:So then ice says “I think Saint is mildly scummy due to his predecessor and partially because of his all over the place posting.” This follows Zedenek having added a vote to Saint. This is subtle wagon pushing and keeping yourself open to hammer a townie. Also, what is scummy about posting several posts the way he did, and how is it “all over the place”? Has this always bothered you, or are you just making friends with KTS? Or just looking for a reason to hammer a townie? Ironically, ice then posts again (so all over the place and scummy!) to add a little umph to his future Saint vote. Does this bring him up from mildly scummy, ice? You can probably vote him soon without looking too suspicious right? Check.
It's true that my #1 reason to think Saint is town are the opportunistic votes zedenek and ice put on him with crap reasons (as well as ice's play regarding saint in general), but I don't feel scum from over's posts or his. It's a crappy wagon. So though there's a chance you know mb is town and that makes me nervous, I don't see Saint as a better option.
me wrote:I hate the Saint wagon. I'm not seeing it and really don't see scum claiming vanilla the way over did.
I only just realized rereading that I mixed up over for neil in my first read and was thinking it was over that claimed vanilla when it was actually neil. Regardless, I don't think Saint is scum. Yes, your post made me nervous about an mb lynch (as did his question about hammering himself) but I don't have a better option atm. I'll only vote Saint if it's to avoid a no lynch.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by Setael »

@King & Darth & anyone else who cares - I think I figured out what I did wrong. When I first read this post, I misread the parentheses in this post:
DarthYoshi wrote:Honestly, I am actually really worried by this town attitude that a deadline extension is simply going to happen. If it isn’t for sure, then we should be under the assumption that the deadline is *tomorrow*. If the extension is granted, great, but so far, about half the town has posted since I re-voted, and no one is willing to try for an alternate bandwagon (except for Set starting an Mb one, and nobody has really expressed a willingness to bandwagon Implosion). We’re roughly seven hours to deadline, and I don’t know if I’ll be able to check in again before the deadline to see if an extension is happening. Anything is better than a D1 no-lynch, and given that reality, I’m re-voting Emp. This puts him back at L-1.
Unvote. Vote: Empking.

as "(except for Set starting an Mb one, and nobody has really expressed a willingness to bandwagon [him])" which gave me the impression that he would vote mb except that no one else seemed willing to. That, combined with what he had pointed out earlier about mb:
DarthYoshi wrote:On an unrelated note--everyone, check out Mb53's ISO. His most recent three posts, in order, are:
I don't have much to add but...
myself wrote:
I think this fight between Empking and king is going nowhere.

I didn't have time to re-read the thread today, but I promise I will tomorrow with everyone's thoughts on nameless/ICE in mind.
Sorry, I was in a rush -_-

I think that empking could easily claim mason whether he is scum or town. And if he really is mason, its his/his partner's choice on whether or not to claim buddy. Really his claim doesn't change my opinion on him.

Obviously we aren't going to lynch saint today, so unvote, vote:empking
I think this fight between Empking and king is going nowhere.

Also, tonight or tomorrow I will re-read the thread with your view on ice and nameless setael
Mb, lot has happened--and you don't have much to add with any of your contributions? Why are you trying to coast by rather than help scumhunt?

is why I posted the "If you think mb is scummy then VOTE him."
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:52 pm

Nexus wrote:
Deadline is in 11 and a half hours. With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. mb53 is at L-1.
Ah, jeez. Deadlines comin' up quick, this time for sure. I think I'll be able to switch to a hammer vote before this day ends if I have to, since I'm planning on waking up at like 6-o-early in the morning tommorow.
Nameless wrote:Let's see. Mb53's wagon sprung up out of nowhere the moment there was a chance to avoid Empking's lynch. (Compare, _over9000/Saint being justifiably attacked several times before now.) The accusations against mb53 are valid, but limited to a few obviously lackluster posts. (Compare, Saint's complete lack of sensible contributions in the last week, unfulfilled promises of a dedicated catchup post, and ignorance of any accusations against him ...) Identifiably scummy players like implosion are jumping on mb53 without much explanation. (Compare, the entire wall of accusations and plenty more since predating Saint's wagon.)

Eh, I'm feeling a bit wary of the wagon as well (it popped up real quick,) but not nearly enough to "call it" anything yet. In fact I find this calling slightly suspicious.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:54 pm

Nexus wrote:
Wait. You say 11.5 hours, and you posted at aproximately 8 PM. The thread title says the deadline is tommorow at noon, aproximately 16 hours from your post. Please clarify.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:56 pm

Wait again, is 12 PM noon or midnight. For some reason I can't remember. :(
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by Empking »

Noon.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by mb53 »

Hi. the server is once again not working again for my comp. i am posting from my phone. this will be my last post before deadline, and it will unfortunately be short. if im lynched, take a good look at implosion saint and swiftstrike (i think thats his name). empking can wait.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by implosion »

@Darth, I'm sort of sheeping, but not really... it's less than a day to the deadline, and I think mb is the better of the two wagons.
@Emp, I don't read what King's said like that.

Someone hammer mb before deadline. We don't want an accidental no lynch.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:40 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Unvote, Vote: mb
because it's better than a No Lynch (and personally, because I haven't hammered in SO LONG). Although I really wish we went with another wagon, at least mb's not a super-townread of mine.

Emp or Saint dies by the end of tomorrow FOR SURE - by noose, or bullet (preferred!), or knife, or whatever. ESPECIALLY if mb flips town. If scum, I might look into implosion or Nameless. Zdenek's also giving me very weird vibes. Losing my scumread on ICE though, but I've also been concentrating more on other players SO MEH.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:34 pm

Post by Nexus »

Lynch has been achieved.

Votecount the Sixteenth:

mb53 (7): Setael, neko2086, Saint, Empking, implosion, Swiftstrike, InflatablePie. LYNCHED.
Saint (4): KingTwelveSixteen, nameless, Darth Yoshi, mb53
nameless (1): Zdenek
implosion (1): ICEninja

Not voting: Noone.

Seven of you gather around mb53, who is protesting furiously. "I'm not scum. Saint is. Leave me alone."

There are some other protests from other people, but the mob mentality means that they are not registering. Swiftstrike punches mb53 to the ground, whilst implosion wraps the rope around his neck. Setael, neko2086, Saint and Empking take a limb each and carry him over to the gallows, where InflatablePie ties him up and releases the trap door. As mb53's neck snaps, you decide to go look in his house. You don't find a gun. All you find is a shrine to Nexusville, saying "This is the best town ever, and I don't ever want to leave." Rifling through the drawers, you find his ID badge, which says:

mb53 - Vanilla Townie

You made a mistake. Looking suspiciously at one another, you all go off to bed, hoping to wake up the next morning safe and well.

Night has fallen. Night ends at 8am (GMT), 72 hours from now, on Monday 28th February.

Anyone with night actions, PM them to me.

@KingTwelveSixteen I'm on GMT. Deadline's are GMT-time. I said that when the game first started. I will remember to put GMT after every deadline though.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Post by Nexus »

You all wake up, bleary eyed, and meet in the centre of town, hoping that you've all surprised the night. Doing a quick head count, you notice that one person is missing. Looking around, you find out that it is InflatablePie who is missing. You go to his house, and find his body slumped in the middle of the floor. His brains are decorating the walls and ceiling. There's a note daubed on the wall from the mafia:

"You'll never find us. We're going to take over this two-bit town."

You rifle through InflatablePie's belongings, and find his ID card:

InflatablePie - Vanilla Townie

Leaving his house, you all congregate back into in the town centre. Accusations are flying everywhere. One thing is clear, though. You need to find these scumbags. Quickly.

Still alive:

1. KingTwelveSixteen
3. implosion
4. Setael
5. Empking
6. Saint
7. Swifstrike
9. Zdenek
10. ICEninja
11. DarthYoshi
12. neko2086
13. Nameless

Day 2 ends at 9am (GMT) on the 21st March 2011. With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”