hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:13 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

well hey at least we actually lynched one of the four scum >.>
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:16 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I don't have too much commentary on the game itself. I thought the mechanics in the game were grossly under utilized. I don't mean this as a slam against the players, but moreso on myself. I should've added more incentive to move the bomb around. I had put in two roles that did essentially the same thing because I had hoped it would provoke a little bit more movement. I wanted the Bomb to be used more as a completely separate scumhunting tool rather than a long, drawn out majority Vig shot. I don't know what it is about the mechanics I put into games, it seems like there's always this large segment of consensus to the town. Case in point: themanhimself. Granted, him having abandon the game during the last week before he died was to be noted, but the game, as a whole, lacked the intensity I was striving for.

The MVP of the town I would say was probably hito. He seemed to be the most on target with both his reads and his ability to lead the town.

Many thanks to bouncy.bouncy and bv310 for helping me with the setup though. Special thanks to DGB on replacing in and to all the other wonderful players.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:24 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Noooooooo!

Well I had to kill Hito, if I'd left him alive he would have explained how he was clear (one scumteam with power and the other without would have been grossly imbalanced) and proceeded to vote me with whoever was left alive at LYLO. /sigh

I thought that maybe if I'd been given time to argue I may have weasled out at LYLO. But DGB came in with max hammering confidence. I'm actually surprised I made it that far after the wagon on me D2.

I don't know why NS asked me for the bomb and then didn't come back to pass it on :(

FATE YOU CAUGHT ME DAMNIT
BEN you said only as scum would you excuse me. I smiled at that :p

This is probably the worst I've played as scum B)

---

RC: I think the problem with the bomb mechanic was that once it was at the end of the combo...the game stalled. Maybe if maximum intensity is what you were going for, you could do something nasty like make it nightless with more frequent bombs, and give the scum some day-power?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:38 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

The MVP of the town I would say was probably hito. He seemed to be the most on target with both his reads and his ability to lead the town.
:wikisteal:
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:42 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

though ftr I'd put Fate as MVP over myself
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:49 am

Post by Nobody Special »

AurorusVox wrote:I don't know why NS asked me for the bomb and then didn't come back to pass it on :(
Freak snowstorm, no internet for almost two days. :(
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:40 am

Post by AurorusVox »

T_T Stupid weather
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Fate »

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WHY WAS I LYNCHED OVER AUROUSSCUM AGAIN?
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Fate »

I also wasn't given a Dead QT link.

"sadface"
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Fate »

We would've lynched AV back on D?? if it wasn't for DGB.

I blame DGB for leading two mislynches in a row.

I mean, GOD I know she's horrible and is wrong A LOT, but when she says "X is scum. X is scum can we lynch now?" and shes town she just has too much damn influence
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Fate »

hitogoroshi wrote:though ftr I'd put Fate as MVP over myself
Hmmm? I got lynched as town, which negates ANY cred that I would have earned by having decent reads (AKA Av scum, and outing of said AV scum by refusing to claim.)

Now if I hadnt been LOLHAMMERED, pulled off my cop-fakeclaim, been believed, AND gone on to lynch AV scum.

Then, YEAH, maybe.

As it stands, I regret.... well like I said all I regret is listening to DGBLOLOLOL's reads when AV was in my sights. I don't regret claiming scum, using that against me as a sort of "case" after, (emphasis on AFTER), NS flipped showing TWO scumteams was about as fucking flimsy as you could get.

NEWAYS. GG and high fives all around.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:16 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

To be fair, my AV scum read was heavily influenced by your posts, which is partly the perspective I'm coming from. If it hadn't been for you, AV scum maybe could have kept me alive and played me against Ben.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Fate »

Fate wrote:Nice try what? What am I trying to do that you feel the need to defend yourself from? You DO realize I'm scum right and my accusations hold no water... why are you acting like they do O_o?
BTW I was hoping someone would reference this in LyLo. I was keeping up the "claimed scum" illusion so I didn't outright and say "WDF AV YOURE OBVSCUM BY DEFENDING YOUR PLAY FROM CLAIMED SCUM" but I was hoping it would ring bells.

At least DGB was right when it COUNTS, though.

@AV: Part of being Town MVP is knowing whose reads to count on and who to listen to and who note to (DGB COUGH). You knew I was town that last day, and you knew I was onto something with AV.

Everyone has their own part in this grand play, after all.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:07 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I stand by my word, Fate.

*gets on top of the Sears Tower*

Push me off.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Fate »

StrangerCoug wrote:If it's any consolation, if themanhimself and Benmage are both town, you can push me off the Sears Tower. I'm not relenting on Benmage.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Fate »

LOL SC, I swear I was just re-reading the thread when I made that quote.

Thats so funny that you just posted that while I was re-reading D2 XDDD
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:46 am

Post by Benmage »

Fate wrote:SOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WHY WAS I LYNCHED OVER AUROUSSCUM AGAIN?
Why di you lynch AntB over AVOBVscum again?

Idno... I nailed Jack, SC and AV, and was fine to use bombs on NS...and I dont get an honorable mention :P
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Benmage »

Fate wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:If it's any consolation, if themanhimself and Benmage are both town, you can push me off the Sears Tower. I'm not relenting on Benmage.
Yeah right SC...you had to know I was town.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:52 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

AntB wagon made a lot more sense at the time because he seemed a likely SK. Obviously, knowing it was 10:2:2 would pretty much clear all of team checksum 31 as town.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Benmage »

Still..who did I miss call? SpyreX..thats it. And I'm sure he'd admit this game wasn't his standard town.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Fate »

So we're just going to pretend you that whole "not moving my vote from fateSK even after a double scumteam flip is revealed because he claimed scum" thing never happened?

Oook.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Benmage »

Before the 2nd scum team death you looked like possible sk. After the scum flip I knew it was 2-2...But yeah that was an "unknown" read...worth policying in my book before endgame...I've told you why. It worked out. Could I have player it better. Sure. Overall game. I'd put this down as a good one.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Benmage wrote:
Fate wrote:
Yeah right SC...you had to know I was town.
Yeah. Sadly for me, the mouse killed the cat this time.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I never read the game when I replaced. ;_; Reading Fate's rageposts is too painful ;-)
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by Fate »

So, literally, I was voted by you by "hey Fates the one who claimed scum. Don't want THAT around at LyLo, I also don't want to put the minimum effort into this game and see that he's actually obvtown and sane"

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”