Newbie 1060: It's a Murder Mystery (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Equinox »

In the distance, a shadowy figure made its way through the rose bushes, running frantically from an unseen pursuer. The sounds of its footsteps masked the soft pattering of the rain. Rain almost never fell in this garden, but the runner had no luxury to ponder this. Over the sound of her panting and rustling, Lady Lambdadelta could hear the sounds of wooshing behind her. The Siestas' arrows were following her. She knew they had a certain deadly accuracy, and if she didn't find a way to stop them, they would engulf and incinerate her. It did not matter that she was the Witch of Certainty in a realm high above. Here, she was a mortal, a piece placed by someone controlling the game board. Even as a piece, however, she did not want to die.

Around and around she ran, following the walls of the labyrinth in vain hope of escape. She cursed her low visibility; on the best of days, the inhabitants of the island would have had some trouble with the maze, yet here she was trying to get out in the dead of night. She stretched her hand out to feel her way through this section of the maze, and then she was met by thorns. Dead end. Lady Lambdadelta spun around to run back, but her return route was a dead end. Golden threads, weaving themselves through the walls of the rose bushes, aimed at their target. It was then that she realized that her loss in this game had been a certainty from the very beginning. The arrows did not stop. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and --

...woke up screaming in the middle of the ballroom. "Nightmare, nightmare, it was only a nightmare," she thought to herself. She closed her eyes and tried to calm herself down. She looked around and saw that everyone else was still asleep at their tables. Nothing seemed amiss. She thought back to the previous afternoon, where, together with the other members of their impromptu lynch mob, she had taken out snowjorden. She'd figured that he was one of the murderers, but she was still a little surprised when she saw the gun.

The gun! They had forgotten to take the gun from snowjorden. Lady Lambdadelta stood up and ran toward the stage. She had to make sure it was still there, and they needed to figure out a way to hold onto it lest someone else got killed. However, she didn't need to walk very far to see that the spot by snowjorden's body was... empty.

"I couldn't just leave it there," came a voice from behind her. "It still had a couple of shots in it. It would've been wasteful to not use them."

Lady Lambdadelta recognized the voice, but what good did that knowledge do when she wasn't able to disseminate it? In a flash, before she could scream, her attacker's hands clamped over her mouth. She attempted to struggle out of the attacker's hold on her but to no avail. She was pushed into the wall and pinned there. There was no way out now. She took a long, hard look at the face of the one holding her.

"Sweet dreams."

With that, Lady Lambdadelta was welcomed into the Golden Land. It's okay. You'll see her again soon. I can guarantee that.

Lady Lambdadelta,
townie
, was killed on Night 1!

Day 2 begins now.

Vote Count 2.00
Not Voting (7) - GreyICE, mb53, Mhi200, Otolia, Primate, Sarg338, Voidedmafia

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

The deadline is Friday, March 18, 2011, at 11:59 PM EST (UTC-5).
Mhi200
Mhi200
Townie
Mhi200
Townie
Townie

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Mhi200 »

Nice result D1 guys, too bad I missed logging on before night started =/
Mhi200
Mhi200
Townie
Mhi200
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Mhi200 »

Mod
: Does night always last 3 days, or just until all night actions have been submitted? Aka Did someone forfeit their action because night expired, or is night always for a set time (3 days), no matter what?

Nights for newbie games have a set deadline for 72 hours. I don't shorten nights.
Last edited by Equinox on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by mb53 »

GRABLACHLABLENUMUQWEVELLBXIZDOCXJDKVNFMDIERGHFNAEIVPDOL.

I hate that I was wrong.
Vote: Oto
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Equinox, if there is some sort of nomination for best mod scene, you're getting it.

Good luck town. I did what I could to help. Now it's up you newbies. ^_^
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Sarg338
Sarg338
Goon
Sarg338
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by Sarg338 »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Equinox, if there is some sort of nomination for best mod scene, you're getting it.

Pretty much this. I liked how the whole first part was just a nightmare. BEST FLAVOR EVAR!!!

Except...
Five
of the guests grabbed him while the other
four
stood, looking dazed, as snowjorden was led to the stage by the corpses left there for display.
Isn't snowjorden one of the guest? That would make... TEN! over-analyze the flavor guis, gogogo!

Your moderator is incapable of doing arithmetic... (Equinox)
Last edited by Equinox on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mhi200
Mhi200
Townie
Mhi200
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by Mhi200 »

Oh yes, forgot to mention that =D
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:25 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Equinox, if there is some sort of nomination for best mod scene, you're getting it.

LLD-chan :cry:

You will be missed.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:26 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Anyway Primate, looking forward to that awesome case on why Snow Jordan isn't scum.

With a subchapter on who we lynch that's not you because unless you get cop confirmed, life in LyLo is just not an option here :(
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Post by Otolia »

mb53 wrote:GRABLACHLABLENUMUQWEVELLBXIZDOCXJDKVNFMDIERGHFNAEIVPDOL.
I hate that I was wrong.
If you hate being wrong, you should probably not vote against me. By the way you auto-vote at the beginning of the day is quite interesting considering that :
mb53 wrote:Well, it seems everything has stopped.
I currently wouldn't be apposed to a lynch, because nothing is happening right now,
and we should get talking again.
Is random vote-casting your mystical way to get people to talk ? You are right, I am so talking to you right now.

So, I think it's time for me to present myself. I am a 21 years old boy, born in France but living in Berlin right now. I am studying theoretical physics in my 4th year. I also will be on vacations from 16/04 to 24/04 so I won't be able to post during that time. Equinox and I have already discussed this issue, and I believe he will make a statement, when the time arise. However I'd like to finish D2 by then so my replacement have at least 3 days to read the thread (i.e. N2)
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:26 am

Post by mb53 »

Otolia wrote:
mb53 wrote:GRABLACHLABLENUMUQWEVELLBXIZDOCXJDKVNFMDIERGHFNAEIVPDOL.
I hate that I was wrong.
If you hate being wrong, you should probably not vote against me. By the way you auto-vote at the beginning of the day is quite interesting considering that :
mb53 wrote:Well, it seems everything has stopped.
I currently wouldn't be apposed to a lynch, because nothing is happening right now,
and we should get talking again.
Is random vote-casting your mystical way to get people to talk ? You are right, I am so talking to you right now.
My mind has been on the marathon weekend. Expect little of anything until its over =)
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:44 am

Post by Otolia »

@mb53 : Don't use that kind of arguments to elude what I said. You did the opposite of what you said you'll do and I expect better response from you. Until you explain yourself, I cast :
FoS : Mb53
. I am also waiting for GreyICE to deploy his arguments as he sais he would take another look at you if Snowjorden turned out to be a Mafia Goon.

In my previous post, read that I'll be in holidays between16/03 and 24/03.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:36 am

Post by GreyICE »

I'm waiting for Prmate. MB53 didn't think he was scum. Plenty of town have that happen, I can link you to townie after townie defending scum.

Primate seemed to want to gloss over the entire thing and move us on. Not defense, obfuscation.

From a less experienced player, that last bit yesterday would be a town tell, but from someone who is experienced, that's just an excellent way to look town - and SnowJordan had done so very, very many scummy things at that point (including lying to me. Lying. There are town reasons to lie, once in a blue moon, but they're fucking rare).
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:38 am

Post by GreyICE »

MB53 is another solid lynch, although I need to do a reread.

Also of LLD, as I'm confused as to the choice of NK targets.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:39 am

Post by GreyICE »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:K. I want Snowjorden lynched today.

If he flips scum, Oto is scum buddy.
And... I do listen to the dead, FYI.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:44 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Voidedmafia wrote:EBWOP: Now that that's taken care of, we ought to take a good look at mb53. I think, out of all of us, he's been the only one to really back up Snow at all, and pretty much the only person Snow has agreed with. THat's not to say he hasn't agreed with anyone else, though, but they've agreed with each other more than he's agreed with any of us.

If Snow is town, I still say we should look into mb, but I'm not sure who else to go after if this scenario is true.
If Snow is scum, I really must push us to look at mb as soon as possible. He may not be a scumbuddy, but the reasons I stated above certainly should give rise to investigation.
Spoiler:

I still highly believe this is our best course of action to take as the first thing we all do today. Considering that Snow indeed flipped town, mb is definitely a prime target for either buddying or scumbuddying (or just one of them, if they're interchangable).

I will also give my ISO of mb soon as well, but I need to go get my hair cut today.

GreyICE:
Spoiler:

I must agree with that, somewhat.

Spoiler:

After all, I was one of the ones who really heckled Snowjorden. But might this be because LLD really heckled Oto? Certainly that's WIFOM territory, but she or I probably would've been the prime targets based on what we did yesterday.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:46 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

EBWOP:
Spoiler:

In any case, we have plenty of time with a 6-1 town:scum ratio right out of D1.

Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:35 am

Post by Otolia »

GreyICE wrote:
Come on, buddy :eek: That was a huge misunderstanding. Re-read again our argument and you will see that she accused me of changing my vote, which I didn't do.
Voidedmafia wrote:In any case, we have plenty of time with a 6-1 town:scum ratio right out of D1.
Don't be mistaken, killing scum in D1 is great but it can lead us straight to a LyLo in a D4. We have to pay attention for now, take our time to lynch the scummiest and wait for more input from our Power Role. Also now pay attention to possible breadcrumb as it might help us greatly.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:40 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

You do know I just effectively said that, right?

mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:04 am

Post by mb53 »

@mb53 : Don't use that kind of arguments to elude what I said. You did the opposite of what you said you'll do and I expect better response from you. Until you explain yourself, I cast : FoS : Mb53. I am also waiting for GreyICE to deploy his arguments as he sais he would take another look at you if Snowjorden turned out to be a Mafia Goon.
... I
will
... Just wait.
Sarg338
Sarg338
Goon
Sarg338
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by Sarg338 »

Sarg338 wrote:After reading over SnowJordan's ISO, I'm ok with lynching him. If he flip scums, I have someone in mind who could possibly be his scum buddy.
Remember this?

Vote: mb53

He was the someone I had in mind. Looks like Voided picked up on the same thing I did as well, indicated by his last post before the thread got locked.

Going to my Sister's to watch the UFC event tonight, so probably wont post much tonight.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

*sniffle*You don't know how much my being Co_mod in this game will mean to my father*sniffle*

I need a tissue.

Lol Jk Jk, but I must tell you little mafia players..

That is how you Mod right there. If everybody was Equinox, the world would be perfect! :wink:

I'll get out of the way!
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Sarg338 wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:After reading over SnowJordan's ISO, I'm ok with lynching him. If he flip scums, I have someone in mind who could possibly be his scum buddy.
Remember this?

Vote: mb53

He was the someone I had in mind. Looks like Voided picked up on the same thing I did as well, indicated by his last post before the thread got locked.

Going to my Sister's to watch the UFC event tonight, so probably wont post much tonight.
Spoiler:

I would agree we both picked up on something.

Spoiler:

I'm just not sure we picked up on the same thing. I simply noted how mb and Snow were rather in agreement with each other...

Spoiler:

Actually, in agreement a little too much.

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:27 am

Post by GreyICE »

Otolia wrote:
GreyICE wrote:
Come on, buddy :eek: That was a huge misunderstanding. Re-read again our argument and you will see that she accused me of changing my vote, which I didn't do.
Relax, I've played with LLD before. She's got great instincts, and uses logic that could shut down the supercomputers Kirk and Spock have always dealt with. If you sheep the instincts and ignore the logic, she's wonderful.

That looks like her head, not her gut.

Regardless, we need more Primate. No lynching anyone until Primate makes some posts, mmmkay?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count