inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Official Day 2 Vote Tally

11 players remain; 6 votes needed for a lynch.

AntB (4)
- Bella, DavidParker, andrew94, smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS (1)
- brokenscraps
brokenscraps (1)
- Looker
Archer (1)
- Egg
farside22 (1)
- AntB
Looker (1)
- lord_hur

Yet to vote (2): Archer, farside22
==================================

Prodding
: lord_hur, Looker

Replacing
: smashbro_of_the_SSS

Sorry about the delay here, lost power at the office.
Last edited by inHimshallibe on Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:06 am

Post by farside22 »

@Brokenscraps: Where are you in this game? Who are you top scum suspects? You seemed to have almost disappeared since day 1.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:09 am

Post by AntB »

@Archer
I've made my cases and they've been ignored, I'm evidently the lynch of the day, today so I'm rolling with it.
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Magua »

UNVOTE: AntB

Will place my vote when I've done my read.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:09 am

Post by lord_hur »

Bah, sorry about not posting, lots of work :(

Reading now.
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:26 am

Post by lord_hur »

Well, I didn't miss much...

I don't like farside22's attack on Archer : it's quite weak (I agree he's not enough on the offense, but that's still better than some others), and he has been playing like this for a while, so why bring it up now?

Oh, and thanks a lot for replacing, Magua.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:58 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Woot! ConSpiracy replaces smashbro_of_the_SSS.

Deadline! 8 days from now. Monday the 7th at 11:59 PM GMT-6.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:08 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

First thing first:

Call me CS Goddammit!

I hate the abb Con

I will reread + post my thoughts either tomorrow or tuesday.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:30 am

Post by farside22 »

lord_hur wrote:Well, I didn't miss much...

I don't like farside22's attack on Archer : it's quite weak (I agree he's not enough on the offense, but that's still better than some others), and he has been playing like this for a while, so why bring it up now?

Oh, and thanks a lot for replacing, Magua.
LH: Did you not read his other game? He actually knows how to make cases and have POV's. That' also part of my issue with him. None of that has changed. He doesn't have any other scum suspect and most of his attacks during day 1 were on lurkers.
He thought Nacho was scummy day 1, but changes his mind declaring him more town the Batt with really no reason.

Mod: I'm voting Archer
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:14 am

Post by andrew94 »

will post more when i get home
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:06 am

Post by AntB »

@Andrew
It won't take much...

Anyway, seeing as people have been re reading and we have replacements, whose views have shifted where? Mine are still the same...
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:10 am

Post by lord_hur »

farside22 wrote:LH: Did you not read his other game? He actually knows how to make cases and have POV's.
This game? http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... lect=14672

He was endgamed by the mafia without casting a single vote (post RVS). How do you call this having point of views?

Plus, I still don't believe a goon, on his first play as such, would bus D1 a much better and experienced player.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:25 am

Post by farside22 »

lord_hur wrote:
farside22 wrote:LH: Did you not read his other game? He actually knows how to make cases and have POV's.
This game? http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... lect=14672

He was endgamed by the mafia without casting a single vote (post RVS). How do you call this having point of views?

Plus, I still don't believe a goon, on his first play as such, would bus D1 a much better and experienced player.
He talked about in the game you linked his thoughts on who he believed town, had a scum suspect and actually scum hunted in the game. Do you really see him acting that way here?

I have a feeling Archer may have played elsewhere. There is more then just MS where people play mafia. How about we ask.

@Archer: Have you ever played mafia (RL or online) before finding your way to MS?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by Magua »

Alright. That was a slog.

(Fun fact: In my notes, I have Nacho down as scummity-scum-scum, with a list of post #s after it, scribbled out in annoyance when I saw he died.)

Andrew
: Town. I don't like reading his posts, stylistically, but if his D1 interaction with Batt was a bus, I'll eat my hat.

AntB
: Null-to-town.

Prebias-getting-out-of-the-way: I have seen AntB fail his roleclaim as a VT before.

I found AntB's play here to be very reminiscent of his play in Fast Food: attack those who attack you. It's not good play, but it's just so...sincere. I just don't believe that scum would be so intent as to just singlemindedly OMGUS anyone who suspected them at all. Yes, there's no interaction between him and Battousai, but Battousai doesn't attack him, either.

Archer
: Null-to-scum. His vote pushed Batt's wagon ahead of Nacho's wagon, but there's a certain lacking to his posts. Especially don't like comments like this:

682: "Yay, Egg declared that I am scum once more, it must be true"
685: "So farside, after wanting me to be more active, and me becoming more active, your're back to calling me a lurker? Nice!"

Also don't like the lack of vote.

Bella
: Null-to-town. I hate the vote withholding thing gone over in 580. I have circled and underlined Bella's "If you try looking again, I'd look at more recent games than not recent games, because I've really hardened against the notion that you should have your vote on someone at all times over the last 6-12 months or so." in 580 vs "I don't really have the time to spend researching my own behavior for you and the only other game that jumps to mind is ongoing and thus is useless. Umm... there might be something in Secret Invasion mafia about how I use my votes, but I don't remember that very well because of the reasons I replaced out of it." when Farside tries to actually look it up.

That said, Bella's early attack on Battousai and second place on the Battousai wagon is a heavy towntell. Bus, bus, yeah, possible, etc, but to do it so early and so out of the blue, I'm not buying.

Brokenscraps
: Null-to-scum. Had good posting in the beginning, but then it tapered off into disappearance. Briefest of interaction with Battousai, completely misses the Battousai lynch. Now with Battousai lynched, a lot of "will reread and answer later"-ish posts. Not a good sign.

Farside
: Null-to-scum. Started with the "guys, I believe Battousai is making an innocent mistake" bit that gets repeated over and over D1. Moves on with Farside wanting to know who Egg is jailkeeping in 524, which I'll detail separately. (note: Smash Bros wants to know this too in 542)

Looker
: Null-to-scum. All-over-there votes (5 for D2) feels like someone trying to find a wagon, any wagon. Furthermore, I get zero read that Looker is trying to push a lynch on someone he thinks scummy -- that is, none of the votes are accompanied by any desire to have other people lynch the person being voted. Questions are asked of individuals, but nothing along the lines of, "I think X is scum, how about you vote him?"

Lord Hur
: Town. At least three times (here, here, and here), I've noted a post as scummy only to find Lord Hur call them out for it a few posts later. His thinking and mine are very much in sync.

Smash Bros / Conspiracy
: Scum. I don't buy the answer to why he was online but not voting. I don't like that he then uses not voting as tell on AntB.

Especially not liking it in the context of Battousai's 320:
Battousai wrote:260- Smashbro "getting on the wagon" without voting = probable town if nacho is town, scum if nacho is scum
Given Battousai knew which way Nacho would flip, this reads as building a townread on a buddy.

VOTE: Conspiracy Welcome to the game.

Egg and jailkeeping:
This information is of zero use to the town unless there's been a save/no kill. Then it might be of some use. Until then, all it does is out if Egg is trying to jailkeep to protect or jailkeep to roleblock, and if so, who he's thinking of protecting/rb'ing, and the only people who need to know that information are scum who need to know who to avoid killing, and scum who need to know who needs to send in the kill.

There is no chance that Egg will die before the doctor, so there's zero reason for him to give any indication of who he's targetting. I find Farside's 524 particularly scummy here:
farside22 wrote:
Egg wrote:Should I say who I jailed?
I say you should too, but this doesn't clear anyone. I just want to know why and who so I can get your frame of mind.
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:41 pm

Post by ConSpiracy »

Magua wrote:VOTE: Conspiracy Welcome to the game.
Thanks...

So I am now somewhere around page 10. If I don't have fully read it today, you will get it tomorrow.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:00 am

Post by lord_hur »

Magua wrote:VOTE: Conspiracy Welcome to the game.
This made my day.

It's quite uncanny, your list is about the same as mine, except for Archer (reasons : see 711). I don't much like your reasons for me being town though, as I would play like this even if I were scum (well, I'd just think twice about it if one of them were a scum mate). After me saying I believe DavidParker to be town, and seeing that I'm the only town listed, the paranoïd part in me screams scum trying to buddy up.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:52 am

Post by lord_hur »

farside22 wrote:He talked about in the game you linked his thoughts on who he believed town, had a scum suspect and actually scum hunted in the game. Do you really see him acting that way here?

I have a feeling Archer may have played elsewhere. There is more then just MS where people play mafia. How about we ask.

@Archer: Have you ever played mafia (RL or online) before finding your way to MS?
I stand corrected, he did make one case (I find it rather bad, but we all learn), and cast one vote in the entire game, which resulted in a mislynch (which isn't so bad, everyone does it). After that, he fell into the passive defensive mode we see now (which is Bad, with emphasis, as town and as scum). It's still consistant with what I'm seeing.

@Archer : Everyone is wrong at one point or another, so find a target, sink your teeth in it and vote (well, for a decent reason). Your passivity will contribute to your side's undoing if you persist. Oh, and cut the sarcastic remarks, they have no value to us and anger everyone.
Archer
Archer
Townie
Archer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:44 am

Post by Archer »

@farside, yes I have played one game before the noob game I played here.
lord_hur wrote:@Archer : Everyone is wrong at one point or another, so find a target, sink your teeth in it and vote (well, for a decent reason). Your passivity will contribute to your side's undoing if you persist. Oh, and cut the sarcastic remarks, they have no value to us and anger everyone.
No offence, but if my sarcastic remarks end up making other people angry then thats their problem, not mine. Angry people are more prone to making mistakes so I'll use it wherever and whenever I like.

@brokenscraps, yes I do have other scum suspects, but due to the lack of activity we've had the last few days it been difficult to establish links between almost everyone.

Now back to farside - post 682 and your reply 684. How did you come to the conclusion of me saying Egg is 99.999% confirmed town is an OMGUS post? Also please explain your reasons for voting me, as I understand it you have the alleged bussing of Batt (when we all know it was 50/50 at that stage), meta based on a single game (cause people never change their style right?) and alleged OMGUS/defensiveness (both of which are not inherantly scummy things to do). 684 you also, once again, ask what gave me a more town feel on nacho. By that point I had answered that specific question at least three times. Why ask again? If I say it a fourth time will it finally sink in?
Post 689 - I feel I defended myself with valid points, but you choose not to address them at all and instead label my as bitchy. Why? Your next post (693) changes the subject nicely as well, so I'll ask again, would you have preferred I hammer AntB when I had the chance?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:27 am

Post by farside22 »

Now back to farside - post 682 and your reply 684. How did you come to the conclusion of me saying Egg is 99.999% confirmed town is an OMGUS post? Also please explain your reasons for voting me, as I understand it you have the alleged bussing of Batt (when we all know it was 50/50 at that stage), meta based on a single game (cause people never change their style right?) and alleged OMGUS/defensiveness (both of which are not inherantly scummy things to do). 684 you also, once again, ask what gave me a more town feel on nacho. By that point I had answered that specific question at least three times. Why ask again? If I say it a fourth time will it finally sink in?
Post 689 - I feel I defended myself with valid points, but you choose not to address them at all and instead label my as bitchy. Why? Your next post (693) changes the subject nicely as well, so I'll ask again, would you have preferred I hammer AntB when I had the chance?
1) your response to Egg came off snarky, with an almost I would vote you or call you scum if I could. It's very mild but I felt it reading the post.
2) You haven't made a decent case of any day 1. Your not scum hunting, your following others. Finally knowing you played before means that your lack of read and not being able to see anything scum in anyone but lurkers is a big red flag of scum.
I never mentioned bussing. But you said yourself you just had a "feeling" nacho was town, but got pissy with anyone else who used the word gut or feeling.
3) You want to point out those 3 or 4 times you that you felt Nacho was town? I asked for what you saw that gave you that feeling. You had nothing but gut as a response
4) No you haven't defended yourself well. You get pissy when I mention meta saying it's one game, but doesn't explain why you can't make a case here. Why you can't name more then one scum or why all of day 1 all you focused on was lurkers.
I didn't ask for a hammer. I asked who you were voting for? When you stated your question about the hammer, I asked about who else is scum. You still have no one else you find scummy.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:41 am

Post by farside22 »

That little nugget that magua found has a valid point. I had missed that comment by Batts. It makes me want to go back and reread Batts again.
Archer
Archer
Townie
Archer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:04 am

Post by Archer »

farside22 wrote:1) your response to Egg came off snarky, with an almost I would vote you or call you scum if I could. It's very mild but I felt it reading the post.
2) You haven't made a decent case of any day 1. Your not scum hunting, your following others. Finally knowing you played before means that your lack of read and not being able to see anything scum in anyone but lurkers is a big red flag of scum.
I never mentioned bussing. But you said yourself you just had a "feeling" nacho was town, but got pissy with anyone else who used the word gut or feeling.
3) You want to point out those 3 or 4 times you that you felt Nacho was town? I asked for what you saw that gave you that feeling. You had nothing but gut as a response
4) No you haven't defended yourself well. You get pissy when I mention meta saying it's one game, but doesn't explain why you can't make a case here. Why you can't name more then one scum or why all of day 1 all you focused on was lurkers.
I didn't ask for a hammer. I asked who you were voting for? When you stated your question about the hammer, I asked about who else is scum. You still have no one else you find scummy.
1) Not almost call Egg scum, I would call him scum if it was not for the JK claim in that post that is being referred to because when weak reasons are brought forward I see that as scummy. How does "I would be all over you (Egg)" only give you a mild indication of this?
2) I honestly cant believe you are still pushing the whole meta based on one single game thing. I really have nothing more to say on this. If you cant fathom how basing a players entire playstyle on one single game is faulty then there is no point arguing. Plus, you dont even know how I played in that one single game that I played before coming to this forum, and yet you are making conclusions based on it? Please tell me exactly how with one game here, and one somewhere else that you have no clue of, you come to my current playstyle as being a scum read? Manufacture away!
3) You misread my reply - I stated in posts 685, 682, 584 and the original 443 why I went batt over nacho. I did not say that I had a town read on nach, just that he was more likely to be town vs batt. But you did not answer me - why are you asking this again when I have given the answer at least 3 times?
4) All of day one I focused on lurkers? Have you forgotten that I went after nacho too? You yourself said this in post 708, a mere 10 posts ago. Contradiction! You also forget posts like 541 where I do name other suspects. Fits in with my view of you in which you manufacture/selective read stuff to get people to look scummy. You have also still not answered me - would you have preffered I hammer AntB? I know you didnt ask for the hammer, I'm asking if you would have preferred it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:10 am

Post by farside22 »

Batt wrote:227- DavidParker is distancing = scum if nacho is town

249- I see this as scum hurting his faction (1 bad scum is much more harmful than 1 bad town) more than town guilt. = probable scum

260- Smashbro "getting on the wagon" without voting = probable town if nacho is town, scum if nacho is scum

298- Farside gives her scum meta ("I try to avoid scum bussing D1") = null leaning scum

Vote: Nacho as it will give me the alignment of Smashbro for sure, and a scum read on DavidParker if Nacho is town.

Alright point by point. Scum Batt knows Nacho will flip town so the first point mean DP is town
The smash comment, that Magua pointed out, again since Batt's knows Nacho is town this looks to be giving a scum buddy town points

The other 2 have nothing to do with the flip.
Reading further I am pretty certain (not as sure with bella) that everyone he called probable scum is town.
He stated he would vote for bella.
Batt wrote:Requesting replacement is null. Requesting replacement because you are hurting town, scummy. Maybe not a D2/D3 vote, but it's good enough for a D1 vote.
This statement makes me feel that bella maybe scum with Batt. He would vote for her today (day 1) based on week reason's but not day 2 or 3, which makes no sense.
I could see this as scum bussing.
I wonder if he would push for her lynch if scum buddy.
Batt stated he would have to read AntB to decide whether to vote for him or not.
He declared LH was town and Andrew was scum (again weak reasoning).
I find LH's push town too so I don't see anything wrong with Batt's comments there.
Andrew pushed at Batt too

This leaves:

Smash/ConSpiracy
Archer
Looker
AntB
Bella

Pretty sure 2 out of 5 people on the list will be the last 2 scum in the game.
Bella I put at the bottom because I'm still wondering if Batt's scum would push a lynch on a scum buddy or not.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:12 am

Post by farside22 »

I'll get to you points when I get home tonight Archer.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:15 am

Post by lord_hur »

As we have a deadline in sight, this is my current suspect list, that I would be happy to help lynch :
Looker
ConSpiracy (very close to Looker)
farside22
brokenscraps (significantly lower than the rest)
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:12 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

I have read everything and I liked how the situation is.
Day 1 had a scumlynch, which is always good. On top of that it gives us information about some players.
Night 1 had a nacho kill. This was probably a bad kill to choose for the mafia. Nacho was a hot topic day 1 and knowing he is town gave us a lot of information.
I have some scumreads, with one being the biggest. Listen en nod to what I have to say

Farside22

She hasn't cruised through the thread without any accusations now and then, but she hasn't been attacked seriously. She has some experience, after all she is one of the most important scummers on the site and has played a lot of games, many people can confirm that. However, what she did in this thread wasn't experienced enough to hide her scummyness from the townies. She is scum and this is why:

The crawlback of the Nacho case

Farside started her suspicion of nacho on the very first post she made (leaving alone the confirm post) and she didn't back it off for a long time. On friday 21th of Januari she says this:
farside wrote:After reading Nacho's scum suspect list I'm more certain then ever he is scum.
Nothing wrong with that, she had a legitimate scum read on Nacho. She wanted to lynch him and only him on that moment. However, one and two days later she suddenly posts this: (spoilered for length reason)
Spoiler: farside's crawlback
Saturday 22th
farside22 wrote:
DavidParker wrote:With 8 days until deadline, I'd love to hear from brokenscraps and shotty since nacho is the only wagon at this point. No one else even has more than 1 vote, which is worrying to some extent. And shotty replacing out is annoying because of this, although we will have some fresh eyes on Nacho. Not having a competing wagon is kinda meh.

Considering we need a lynch to occur unless another wagon kicks of it's going to be nacho... or nacho.
Problem is the other 3 people I find scummy are more floaters. I don't know if voting out a non-participant would give any info to the game no matter their alignment.
Sunday 23th
farside22 wrote:Actually I could get on board with what looker pointed out. I reread Andrew how has contributed nothing but fluff and floating by saying nothing of scum hunting. His vote has been on Ant with a few questions that were pointless. I looked at his other games to see how he plays. Looking he plays like this no matter his alignment. However I saw He did push more on those he found scummy.
Show here http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 69&start=0
Looking at the scum game here He's a hard one to read alright.
In fact looking at both games neither fit how he is acting here. So I'm going to get away from the meta on this because it tells me nothing.
This case is based on game play here and it's exactly nothing. Pointless questions, floating by with little said and non contribution of scum hunting.

unvote:
vote: andrew

Although she declared Nacho scum a short time ago, she shows a sign of hunting for others. Actually, she even voted for somebody else: andrew. If she, as town, really was dead-set on Nacho as she has said a couple of times, she wouldn't have done that. The Nacho lynch and only the Nacho lynch was going up at that moment and she wanted Nacho to be lynched.
She knew as scum she would be wrong about Nacho and therefore she needed the town points by showing she isn't only on Nacho.
The reason to vote andrew was also very bad in comparison to her reasons to vote for nacho. Andrew not contributing made her vote come from Nacho, the obvious careful non-jerky scum.
To amplify this argument even more I have to quote Nacho: (friday 21th)
Nachomamma wrote:This, coming from you? Who has been tunneling me all game? Do you even have a 4 player scum suspect list with "fleshed out" reasons?
She was called out for tunneling. Although the tunneling wasn't very big, there certainly was some tunneling. She mentions other players only with saying: I don't really like that, that is scummy, etc. Nachomamma, however, was "obvious scum" all the time. The change of vote was a nice way to prevent people from continuing the tunneling case. She didn't change her vote immediately, because that would be scummy, but waiting for 2 days negates the "nervous scum" reaction. I admit, this tunneling argument isn't very strong, but together with the rest of this point it certainly strengthens the suspicions towards farside.

Farside's stalling on Battousai

When Battousai replaces in, the first thing she does is voting for him. She voted for him because he didn't give enough reasons for the statements he made. (read the spoiler)The vote itself is neither good nor bad. She did have a point, but it is far away from her nacho case.
Anyways, in her next post she unvoted Battousai for this reason: (spoiled for length reasons again)
Spoiler: Farside's (un)vote of Battousai
Farside's vote reasons
farside22 wrote:Batt: I don't see a real good post here
You make 4 points without many reason's
For example how is this:
227- DavidParker is distancing = scum if nacho is town
How is this even valuable right now? What about 260 gives you the town/scum depending on Nacho's flip?
Why would you vote for Bella?

I found myself agreeing with Andrew for once.

unvote:
vote: Batt
BTW: I can't help constantly noticing that she said she agreed with Andrew for once. They were both very much into the Nacho lynch.
Farside's unvote reasons
farside wrote:I think Batt has defend himself well. Typically I would agree 100% with DP about the lack of vote. With 1 week left I don't see why withholding a vote does. It looks more scummy, but right now I'm going on gut with this and my gut says although I don't trust Bella something I find rings and sounds sincere.

That said I'm going back to voting Nacho
He is posting just find around MS and continues to actively lurk in this game. I'm betting he is hoping we ignore him and he can skate by.

unvote:
vote: Nacho

She is back to Nacho again. In the Battousai unvote she barely mentions Battousai himself, only that he defended well. Was defending his statements the only reason to vote and unvote for him? Why voting for him in the first place anyway and not, as Lord_Hur did, just ask him why? The vote for Battousai is a bad vote and has a striking resemblance with a scum bussing vote.
Speaking of bussing, that brings me further to this post. I hate this post: (reasons for spoiling must be known by now)
Spoiler: farside's bussing
farside22 wrote:
Bella wrote:
lord_hur wrote:@farside22: can you link me some recent games of you playing as town?
farside22 wrote:I found scum has a hard time finding scum because they are scum and don't' want to rat out their scum partners. As town I know I'm suspicious of more people then not.
I really like this. I'll use it in future games.
I am intrigued by this because I find the opposite to be true. As scum, your information level is much greater - you know who is or isn't scum and thus you never have to consider the possibility that you are wrong. As town, this is clearly not true - someone who is genuinely scum-hunting will always have a voice in the back of their head that they may be picking up on the wrong trail or misinterpreting someone's behaviour. This fact leads to greater equivocation, especially when it comes to making a suspect list at an early stage of the game.
Whenever I was scum I tried hard not to buss my scum partner day 1 (as it's always harder to recover for me with only 2 scum left). Trying to look for something scummy from town is harder because I can see the dense people that are considered the easy lynch and looking at those you know to be town that act town you can't point to as scum because what reason do you really have.
I know I fumble as scum looking and I have seen it from others in other games fumble.
As town I'm suspicious of almost everyone unless there is a town feel or something strikes me as town. I go more on gut and I don't know or see many people who fake that very easily.

This post is a very smart post from scum. She didn't really have to answer it, but it can't be considered to be said just to make herself better. With this post she made every bus attempt she made day 1 (under the condition she is scum) incredibly WIFOMish. This post came week before her (un)vote on Battousai and when Battousai would flip scum, she can use this as a reason for her "bussing". I know this can't be considered as a strong reason, but it definitely stands out.

Anyways, let's get back to farside's stalling. In the posts after the unvote of Battousai and the vote on Nacho, she defends Battousai a bit. This line stood out:
farside wrote:How on earth can you classify Batt's shifting, unsure defence that still makes no sense as "posting well under pressure"?
Didn't she partially unvoted him because she liked her defence, which is now said to be shifting and unsure? This just strengthens the bussing vote at start. On top of that, this isn't the only time she is contradicting herself about Battousai's defence. There are a couple of contradictions to be found in the thread, most of them already pointed out by Lord_Hur at the end of day 1.
When the deadline approaches and a day 1 lynch has to be reached quickly, she makes a list of people she suspects. Let's give her defence of Battousai: (spoiled, etc.)
Spoiler: farside's third scumsuspect
farside22 wrote:
Battousai (Replacing: JesseSheffield)

Bad entrance in the game. I don't see a good fleshed out thought process in Batt's first post

town
scum

Call me any sort of name you want but the above is how I would expect batt to act in this game instead of his entrance.
What I don't like about Batt is his reasoning for who he would vote for. He basically has 2 people on his list of who he would vote for and very little in so far as reasoning.

Since again I'm basing some of this on meta and not the game and his game play is questionable he is third on the list.

Plus I had that little voice in my head wonder if Nacho is voting Batt to look more town by bussing one of his scum partners.

All of this goes back to Nacho. For me and everything I see if he flips scum like I suspect I would go after andrew

There were two votes on Battousai and he was the main event every body talked about. Before this post she had only defended him (apart from the vote of course) and suddenly Battousai is her third scumsuspect. That is odd, since she wouldn't defend her third scumsuspect that much as she did. This is also a tipical habit for scum: While hammering on town being lynched, saying that a scumpartner can be scum, as well.
In future posts Battousai is only mentioned as a third suspect. The same as what I said before: (...)
Spoiler: farside's Battousai mention
farside wrote:If nacho is scum
nacho/andrew/?? (either batt or insert lurker here)
if AntB is scum
ant/looker/Batt
farside wrote:I'm starting to think that AntB/looker/Batt combo is coming to be true.
I may have to switch Batt with (insert lurker person here). Because I don't know too many scum telling people to vote either them or another person and get a lynch going.

Again, very typical for scum to mention scumbuddies in that particular way.
At last I want to put forward the sudden suspicion of AntB. Although Nacho is continuusly pushing for AntB, he is still voting for Battousai. The votecount at that moment is in the spoiler. She knows that a Nacho lynch wasn't likely to happen, since nobody posted any suspicions towards Nacho in the last few pages. The Bella case was minor so that left Battousai. Knowing that an AntB lynch was as likely to happen as a Battousai lynch as long as the wagons were the same size, she voted for AntB
without any reason:
(read the spoiler)
Spoiler: farside's vote for AntB
inHimshallibe wrote:
Nachomamma8 (3)
- brokenscraps, AntB, Battousai, farside22
Battousai (3)
- Nachomamma8, Bella, lord_hur
Bella (2)
- smashbro_of_the_SSS, DavidParker
AntB (2)
- andrew94
Egg (1)
- Archer
smashbro_of_the_SSS (1)
- Looker

Yet to vote (1)
: Egg
farside22 wrote:damn

unvote:
vote: AntB

I'm starting to think that AntB/looker/Batt combo is coming to be true.
I may have to switch Batt with (insert lurker person here). Because I don't know too many scum telling people to vote either them or another person and get a lynch going.

That way she might shift the Battousai lynch to an AntB lynch saving her scumbuddy. This point is taking a lot of assumptions, but reading the thread this is very likely to be true. Especially with her not giving any reasons why AntB is scummy at all, just a possible scum team assumption.

All of this points out to farside being a scumbuddy with battousai.

Farside's day two play.

She didn't do something structural during day 2. At least it is hard to find, since we are still in day 2. However, some minor things during day 2 are scummy.
This was her first post:
farside22 wrote:
Vote: AntB

This vote is based on the lack of comment from AntB in regards to Batt. He never stated any suspicion, he tried to push more on lynching Bella or Nacho and avoided talking about Batt and his play at all.
This was her first post. I know it isn't that bad, but I just wanted to point it out. This post reeks of nighttalk framing AntB.
farside22 wrote:
Egg wrote:Should I say who I jailed?
I say you should too, but this doesn't clear anyone. I just want to know why and who so I can get your frame of mind.
This is just a scum claim to me. Why would a town player want to have that? This is very, very scummy.
farside22 wrote:I want to remind people in case AntBscum tries to fake claim what he said earlier in the game.
AntB wrote: I will happily die (and even self hammer) if my flip will provide sufficient information, and even as scum if I feel it will throw the trail off my scumbuddies. However, my death now will provide nothing but a lot of "meh!"
This post is very stupid. We can't bust AntB any more if he would fake-claim (Then it would be 8-1 with 2 confirmed townies). She either wanted:
1. To help AntB with not fake-claiming
2. To get some town points.
3. To tell town that if AntB is indeed the doc, he should be lynched anyways.
She is experienced enough to know a fake-claim would only be for the better, especially with the AntB lynch not going through for 100%. The WIFOMish talk after this, because Lord_Hur saw this, too, is not enough reason to say this. Telling town a possibility of what can happen... Scummy indeed.

The only conclusion I can get from this is:
VOTE: farside22
Please lynch this scum town, he gave himself away.

A TLDR

1. Although saying Nacho was certainly scum and would be lynched, she shifted her attention from him to Andrew.
2. Farside bussed Battousai at start, then defended him, then got him as her third suspect (which is a scumtell), then tried to get through an AntB lynch instead of a Battousai lynch. This all if heavily implying a farside-battousai scumteam.
3. She gave us some big scumtells day 2, such as wanting to know Egg's frame of mind and posting AntB couldn't fake-claim before he claimed.

All others I have a fairly good read on, either scum or town and just a few neutrals. I will get to those another time, this wall was time consuming as hell.

Return to “Completed Open Games”