Newbie 1060: It's a Murder Mystery (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Primate wrote:Nah they're worth of a bit in F11 before any of the setup is known. Scum don't know what it is bar the bit of information they have in the RB. You reckon scums gonna hit up the 50/50 chance of immediately losing the game by counterclaim?
AT L-1 WHEN HE'S THE ROLEBLOCKER? YES!

I mean honestly, what's his odds of victory if he's the roleblocker and we have a cop and doctor? Like 5%? Might as well take the coin flip when you're there.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by GreyICE »

mb53, let this be a lesson to you if you're town: Don't breadcrumb when scum is going down and then at the start of day 2. Do it in the third post of day 1 or something.

If you'd just said "Well, I figured that protecting SnowJordan was win/win because I had a town read on him, and if I was wrong then there's no way I'd be the night kill target" at least I could have bought the logic. But this breadcrumb nonsense?

Noooooooooooooooo.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 2.02mb53 (2) - Sarg338, GreyICE
Primate (1) - mb53
Sarg338 (1) - Primate

Not Voting (3) - Mhi200, Otolia, Voidedmafia

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

The deadline is Friday, March 18, 2011, at 11:59 PM EST (UTC-5).
Last edited by Equinox on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Primate »

Yeah that was pretty much my thought too, GI. I'm going back trawling through other newbie games now to see if there's precedent.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by mb53 »

mb53, let this be a lesson to you if you're town: Don't breadcrumb when scum is going down and then at the start of day 2. Do it in the third post of day 1 or something.
Ok... I've never played a PR before =P Even if I'm an SE, I'm still learning too.
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by Primate »

PPS: Don't breadcrumb early in the game, leave it till mid D1 though. Early D1 is the time people are massively overanalysing each others posts cause there's barely anything to read and if there's a quick player in the game that shits pretty much guaranteed to get noticed. Bread crumbing is bad play generally form. In my opinion against the spirit of the game and frowned upon because it opens up a puzzle solving arena that annoys a lot of people becuase it wasn't what they signed up to play. Some mods ban cryptogrophy to hide information in the early game, and it is my personal opinion that this should extend to breadcrumbs.

I mean, my first reaction upon reading your breadcrumb claim was to go through all of your posts looking for any other breadcrumbs of other roles that you may have intended if you had been forced to claim something other than this, and no-one really wants to have to do that. It just opens up a can of worms that should be avoided.

IC OpEd in hyar.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by GreyICE »

How scummy can you get? Like, um "Well, looks like Snowjordan is going to lynch, time for me to breadcrumb my awesome PR, instead of before I did this nice little defense of him that's going to make everyone take a hard look at me if he flips scum."

Like... sorry. No.

I figure we have Primate dead to rights tomorrow if you flip town because there's just no way anyone whose NOT scum would even consider that defense for 0.5 seconds.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Also it's fine if town picks up the breadcrumb through hyper analysis. What are they going to do? Scream "I KNOW WHO THE DOCTOR IS?!?" If scum wanna kill themselves analyzing 300 or so posts looking for some bad breadcrumb, they can knock themselves out.

But god, mb53, if you're the doctor... that... just no words. I'd have an easier time believing your claim without the breadcrumb, to be frank. Especially since it looked like Primate was prepping himself for an amazing PR claim TOO.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by mb53 »

Honestly, when I started bread crumbing, it was more of "I better do this just in case snowjorden
is
scum, because if he is, people are going to lynch me and I want them to believe my claim. And I guess I'll throw one in at the start of day 2 for good measure."
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by Primate »

Eh, I did about 15 games and none of them did it d2, it was all endgame stuff. Still useful that players are willing to take the chance but didn't see one with 7 guys still standing.

Also I've been fucking terrible this game but I believe MB53.

After that claim really do prefer Sarg as lynch. What can you say, I'm a bleeding heart.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Otolia »

mb53 wrote:Ok, fuck my oto read, I need to move on, especially since it is clear he won't be lynched. That being said...
Unvote, Vote: Primate
mb53 wrote:Honestly, when I started bread crumbing, it was more of "I better do this just in case snowjorden
is
scum, because if he is, people are going to lynch me and I want them to believe my claim. And I guess I'll throw one in at the start of day 2 for good measure."
Or you already knew Snowjorden was scum because you are one, so you did breadcrumb in order to attempt escaping the next lynch. Plus you did a massive lobbying in oàrder to get us to believe that scum busthrow on D1. Combined with the fact you already knew the pressure were coming your way, that's a pretty scummy behavior.

This is why , I'll VOTE: Mb53. Plus I don't wanna hammer now that the game is becoming interessting and I want to see you cornered.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by Primate »

Went back and looked at snowjordans list of opinions. I actually think it speaks worst about mhi, sarg (and me, but hey!).

@Oto: What scum bus throw? Do you mean that concession in #388?

Your wish is my command. (Equinox)
Last edited by Equinox on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by Primate »

(mod edit pls)

*think it speaks worst
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by mb53 »

Otolia wrote:
mb53 wrote:Ok, fuck my oto read, I need to move on, especially since it is clear he won't be lynched. That being said...
Unvote, Vote: Primate
mb53 wrote:Honestly, when I started bread crumbing, it was more of "I better do this just in case snowjorden
is
Or you already knew Snowjorden was scum because you are one, so you did breadcrumb in order to attempt escaping the next lynch. Plus you did a massive lobbying in oàrder to get us to believe that scum busthrow on D1. Combined with the fact you already knew the pressure were coming your way, that's a pretty scummy behavior.

This is why , I'll VOTE: Mb53. Plus I don't wanna hammer now that the game is becoming interessting and I want to see you cornered.
No... I'm not mad, I'm glad that I realized it was pointless to pursue your lynch since no one would follow (Oh, and LoL>DotA>HoN)

You guys don't seem to understand. Seriously. Scum in that situation would be much better off bussing than trying to defend...

P-Edit: Prim, I think he is talking about what I'm saying, and that scum could very possibly have bussed jorden.
But yeah oto, mhm, go ahead, keep mimicking what other people are saying.
Sarg338
Sarg338
Goon
Sarg338
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Sarg338 »

mb53 wrote: (Oh, and LoL>DotA>HoN)

This man speaks the truth.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Primate »

Oh, yep, with you now. Thought he meant that you did a scum busthrow that you were trying to get us to believe. That makes some sense as opposed to little.

When you say scum bussed jordan who do you mean specifically?
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by Otolia »

mb53 wrote:No... I'm not mad, I'm glad that I realized it was pointless to pursue your lynch since no one would follow (Oh, and
LoL>DotA>HoN
)
But yeah oto, mhm, go ahead,
keep mimicking what other people are saying
You always found ways to get people on their nerves, do you ? Right now, I kinda despise you.

@Sarg : I won't never ever talk to you again.

@Primate : I meant that Mb53 was saying in D1 that scum happen to throw under the bus scumbuddies in order (I assume) to get to LyLo.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by Otolia »

I am SO dumb. I almost hammered Mb53. I thought the wagon was on Primate but NO. Anyhow, can someone hammer this kikooLoL-player. This kind of human shouldn't be allowed to walk on earth.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Wait, did you just say you want him hammered but you don't wanna hammer?

WTF?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Spoiler:

Before I begin my long-awaited mb ISO, I'd like to ask:
Mod, why is that post reserved? Unless it's for a votecount, which I'd really like sometime soon.

I reserve posts for vote counts. Sorry about the delay; I just got home. (Equinox)

Anyways, on to business.

Spoiler:

MB53 ISO:

ISO 1: Agrees with much of Sarg's first post, then RVS votes me.
ISO 2 and 3: Pretty much fluff. So are 4 and 5, unless the mammut vote isn't RVS.
ISO 6: Keeps vote on Mammut. States he likes BWs early and gets really into it around page 7 or so
ISO 7: Says Sarg's points against Zensei (who I think was replaced by LLD) were stupid
ISO 8: ISO of Sarg, imo misinterprets my argument, and again calls out Sarg's argument.
ISO 9: Again calls out Sarg and I for arguing his "point of questions" point.
ISO 10: So far is the only time he hasn't acutely agreed with Snow or presented a point that Snow agrees with.
ISO 11: Still talking to Snow
ISO 12: Starts to agree with Snow, then goes to saying he's going the wrong direction.
ISO 13: Tries to correct Snow on the number of people, explains another way of how voting is used, points out Sarg's fluff (some of which was with YOU, I might add) and talks about ISO, and first says Snow has a town read.
ISO 14: Prod and stuff about ideas.
ISO 15: First direct defense for Snow, telling Sarg to actually build a case
ISO 16-18: First part prompted the whole "How is that a claim" argument, agrees with Primate's mhi vote, basing most of it here on his agreeing most of the time. 17 and 18 are EBWOP for a vote.
ISO 19-20: Imo complains that I didn't talk about him at all when arguing with Snow or a little after that.
ISO 21: Thinks there isn't daytalk (and I think that's true), questions the validity of mhi saying he can't be one more than once a day, and is confused by a quote of his (mhi).
ISO 22: EBWOP
ISO 23: Points out how Jorden VT claiming is bad, especially at l-3
ISO 24: Explains that "role claim" line stated in ISO 16
ISO 25: Latches onto Mammut's replacement, Otolia.
ISO 26: fluff
ISO 27: Thinks the SWW is bad
ISO 28: Imo fluff
ISO 29: Big post against Oto's last post. I can break this down if anyone wants me to
ISO 30: Derides oto for both a.) assuming not all the quotes were from Oto, and b.) not understanding what he was doing. One of the few posts I agree with from him, as well.
ISO 31: Further Oto argument. Also thinks defending others isn't scummy (and I think implying it's not a scumtell)
ISO 32: Derides Oto, thinks SWW is easy for scum (even though Snow is eventually scum himself), again derides and refutes Oto, more deriding, ends with fluff.
ISO 33: Confused at one of Oto's posts.
ISO 34: fluff
ISO 35: Thinks Jorden's the mislynch (though he's proven wrong), thinks Sarg's buddy is himself, won't hammer, and SRS BSNS!!!
ISO 36: Says bussing on D1's been done before
ISO 37: fluff
ISO 38: Apparant Doc breadcrumb post. and Repeats, mainly, besides saying ICE would have to rethink his read
ISO 39: Fluff. Last post before I hammered Snow.
ISO 40: Votes Oto once D2 starts
ISO 41: Basically evades questions and explaning himself. What marathon weekend, anyways?
ISO 42: Fluff, last post before Primate finally reappears for D2
ISO 43: Says that Primate's big post was just BWing and being hypocritical.
ISO 44: Gives Breadcrumb post
ISO 45-46: Thinks there's only 2 goons and no RB
ISO 47: Asks for counter-claims..
ISO 48: says he's never played a PR
ISO 49: Explains the reason for breadcrumb
ISO 50: Says he's glad he didn't pursue Oto, says that bussing was essentially the only option in D1, says that scum could've bussed Jorden, and derides Oto for parroting.

So, in conclusion, while I was wrong in the frequency of SJ agreement, the number of times each one has agreed with the other is more than the times they've disagreed. Also, he's basically gone off and on with Oto, and has really only stayed with him when Oto first replaced in. Because of the SJ agreement, I called him scum, and still stand by saying that that was scummy. The Oto stuff is simply null, as I'm not sure whether the off-and-on arguing is really a scum or towntell. I still don't trust the roleclaim however, and my FoS stands.

Primate's probably going to be next, since he's the other PoS (Person of Suspicion).

Oto:
Spoiler:

Why would they intentionally bus so that they go into Lylo alone? There's no point.

Spoiler:

And why are you so miffed over that whole LoL-stuff?

ICE:
Spoiler:

I think I share your pain.
Last edited by Equinox on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by Otolia »

Actually I wanna see him dead because he dared saying that LoL is a better game than HoN. Before he said that, I wanted to corner him because I was believing that the wagon was on Primate. In the end, I wish someone could hammer him ASAP and I'll laugh at him for being narrow-minded and for playing LoL. This is a crime-against-the-town !

@ VoidedMafia :

The whole point of bussing someone is to escape the attention. When you lynch a scum in D1, the game is far from being lost for the single remaining scum since he knows almost everything (not the setup though) and thus his objective is to get to LyLo (D4 in our F11 setup) and hope for the best. This technic is very succesful since all you have to do is to put people one against another.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by mb53 »

Voided's ISO: First off, all post numbers are wrong, because it starts at post 0 (In case of confusion). In my response, I'm using the real numbers (In case of confusion).

Post 3 and 4 are not fluff.
Oh you skipped post 5, so the numbers are correct now.
ISO 13: Tries to correct Snow on the number of people, explains another way of how voting is used, points out Sarg's fluff (some of which was with YOU, I might add) and talks about ISO, and first says Snow has a town read.
I had 2 posts of fluff. Sarg has had over 10.
ISO 19-20: Imo complains that I didn't talk about him at all when arguing with Snow or a little after that.
I wasn't complaining... You left out me in your opinions of everyone.
28 wasn't fluff, especially considering we had a small discussion after I said it.
34: Telling people to kick up the activity isn't fluff.
37 had a purpose... therefor wasn't fluff
39 isn't fluff either... I am questioning whether you know what fluff is.

Honestly, after reading your ISO on me should make me seem more of a townie than before the ISO... You didn't really point out anything scummy that I have done.

Marathon Games
Mhi200
Mhi200
Townie
Mhi200
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Mhi200 »

Mhi200 wrote:Fair enough I guess, I've been thinking of unvoting because
it's obvious we aren't going to get a majority.

Unvote
mb53 wrote:
Also, Voided's (relatively)sudden unvote seems suspicious.
Yeah, it would draw much less attention if you unvote 6 hours after the wagon stops. Even though you still think hes scum. Mhm, just keep lying low man.
Orly?

mb53 wrote:
Anyone remember us having a wagon on Mammut? If so it was pretty lame, I didn't see any L-1.
I believe i was a L-2 vote, but then
it disbanded because
he stopped posting and
the wagon wasn't going anywhere
Seems a bit unconsistent, doesn't it?
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by mb53 »

Mhi200 wrote:

Unvote
mb53 wrote:
Yeah, it would draw much less attention if you unvote 6 hours after the wagon stops. Even though you still think hes scum. Mhm, just keep lying low man.
Orly?

mb53 wrote:
Anyone remember us having a wagon on Mammut? If so it was pretty lame, I didn't see any L-1.
it disbanded because
he stopped posting and
The difference is I never thought he was scum, I just wanted a bandwagon to get the game out of RVS.

mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by mb53 »

EBWOP, Sorry.
Mhi200 wrote:

Unvote
mb53 wrote:
Orly?

mb53 wrote:
it disbanded because
he stopped posting and
The difference is I never thought he was scum, I just wanted a bandwagon to get the game out of RVS.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”