Newbie 1072 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
gxw
gxw
Townie
gxw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:24 am

Post by gxw »

Vote: Charlie
Unvote, Vote: Dazzy
Unvote, Vote: FarmeriXi
Unvote, Vote: Forseti
Unvote, Vote: Ghostlin
Unvote, Vote: gxw
Unvote, Vote: KingTwelveSixteen
Unvote, Vote: Mute
Unvote, Vote: Twistedspoon

Because lemons.
gxw
gxw
Townie
gxw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by gxw »

First off:
Charlie wrote: Waitaminute. I'm sure I've seen this sort of thing before. You'd best explain before I go looking for it.
Hmm well this is my first game on this site, and I've only skimmed through some other recent newbie/mini theme games so far, and I didn't see anything like this in those. I planned to do my first post like that as soon as I /in-ed the newbie queue, for the reason below.

To Twisted and Charlie
: I did the multiple votes thing in order to gauge reaction or lack thereof to it. Clearly I had some interesting results.

Twistedspoon wrote: GXW, your post is scummy in that it completely denies the point of the RVS. You're supposed to start a wagon going by placing a vote on one of the players.
1. If the player is (bad)scum then they should react badly to it
and crack under the pressure.
2. Double RVS-ing tends to be a solid scumtell, since there's no point to it. You RVS for pressure - why would you destroy reasonless pressure on one person to push reasonless pressure on another?

And in your case it's 9 times worse :p

HoS: gxw

I'm not voting for you yet because it is a newbie game, and I remember in my first newbie game I too made a very scummish first post, and I turned out to be town (Isn't that right Farmer ;) )

However, I'm HoSing you because of the reasons above, despite it being a newbie game. You need to explain to us like Charlie said.
1.Out of the six players who have responded after my post, you are one out of four who acknowledged my post, and you are the only one who had to go make a big deal out of it, which, according to you, is indicative of scum. I also find it interesting that you act like I didn't start a wagon, when, in fact, I did. And it's on you. My last vote was on you and I never unvoted.

2.It seems to me that you are trying to defend yourself even when there is no pressure on you by saying that my post "completely denies the point of RVS". Therefore, apparently, my vote is completely pointless and no one should wagon you. To me, this comes across again as "reacting badly" and, according to your logic, you are scum.

To make sure everyone sees this -
Unvote, Vote: Twistedspoon

This is not an RVS vote.

Also, aren't all RVS votes "reasonless pressure" because you are putting pressure on someone for silly reasons? How does switching pressure make it any less pressure or any less reasonable than it already wasn't?

To Charlie:
I have been trying to figure out how to use the ISO feature and I can't seem to find it. Can you help?
gxw
gxw
Townie
gxw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:46 am

Post by gxw »

Charlie wrote:
gxw wrote:Hmm well this is my first game on this site, and I've only skimmed through some other recent newbie/mini theme games so far, and I didn't see anything like this in those. I planned to do my first post like that as soon as I /in-ed the newbie queue, for the reason below.

To Twisted and Charlie:
I did the multiple votes thing in order to gauge reaction or lack thereof to it. Clearly I had some interesting results.
Hmm, interesting indeed. What do you say if I tell you that I think that you were told to do that in your Mafia Night-talk? (Night 0, or pre-game)
Like I said, I planned on doing it when I /in-ed the newbie queue. If you think I'm scum, then you think I'm scum. I can't do much to defend myself if you haven't put up a case against me. Speaking of:
Charlie wrote:
Mute wrote:My input on the GXW / Spoon debacle - pure silliness. I won't bother with commenting on it further than that as it is, as I said, pure silliness. Not going to put a vote down til I've solid/concrete reasons for doing so.
So you're being mute on the matter. Um hmm.
You have said very little about it too. What do you make of the situation?

And also,
Charlie wrote:
Waitaminute. I'm sure I've seen this sort of thing before. You'd best explain before I go looking for it.
Do you care to explain this? You say you've seen this sort of thing, then think that I was told to do it in a private QT. Do you think someone else in this game did the same thing in a different game and told me to do it? I am actually curious to where else you have seen this, because I would like to see look at it too.
gxw
gxw
Townie
gxw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:26 am

Post by gxw »

EBWOP: Last sentence should just be "because I would like to look at it too."
gxw
gxw
Townie
gxw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:33 am

Post by gxw »

I want to make this very clear: I would never vote for someone purely because they voted me (much less Hos me), especially if I made a post to gauge reactions. That's just plain dumb. Furthermore, it wasn't just because we was the first "victim" to respond to my "trap". It wasn't a trap. I made the post merely to look at the reactions of people. It actually was an RVS vote, and I voted Twistedspoon. I just put it at the end of a long string of votes and unvotes. If people didn't like it then that's ok, and I would've moved on. Even if they voted for me because of my post, I would be fine with it. It's because of what he said IN his post that I went after him.

The reason I voted for TS is because of this:
Twistedspoon wrote: GXW, your post is scummy in that it completely denies the point of the RVS. You're supposed to start a wagon going by placing a vote on one of the players. If the player is (bad)scum then they should react badly to it and crack under the pressure.
I did exactly what he said one should do in RVS. I placed my vote on a player, even if I did it multiple times, I still placed my vote on a player. I also felt like he was correct in saying that a bad scum should react badly to it. And it seems to me that he reacted badly to it, HoSing me, making a considerably substantial post about it, and calling it "very scummish".

That's why I voted for him

Ok, onto other things:
Charlie wrote: I have a few ideas where to look for it, but I really think it isn't worth the effort over such a small matter. What do you think?
I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you asking what I think about going to find where else it has happened? Or something else?

Twistedspoon wrote: Care to share?

The only results I saw was myself commenting on what was a scummish way of voting and then being accused by you becuase I FoS'd you.
A lack of reactions to my post are results too.
gxw
gxw
Townie
gxw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by gxw »

KingTwelveSixteen wrote:
gxw wrote:...
And it seems to me that he reacted badly to it, HoSing me, making a considerably substantial post about it, and calling it "very scummish".

That's why I voted for him
A lack of reactions to my post are results too.
:neutral:
He can't have both a lack of reaction and a bad reaction to it with substantial posting simultaneously. :igmeou:
No, no, no. I ment the other people who didn't even acknowledge my post are results too, not just those who responded to my post.
gxw
gxw
Townie
gxw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:54 am

Post by gxw »

Wow, post #69 is very scummish, for the reasons people have stated. I would be in favor of hammering him, depending how good his defense is.
gxw
gxw
Townie
gxw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:24 am

Post by gxw »

Claim, Charlie.

And also I didn't say this:

"I just noticed the bolded part. Why did you bring up LyLo here Charlie?"
gxw
gxw
Townie
gxw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:22 am

Post by gxw »

Wow, both Charlie and TS are at L-1, and personally I am much more in favor of a TS lynch right now. I would like both people to claim before I hammer.
gxw
gxw
Townie
gxw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by gxw »

Well now I REALLY want to hammer TS, but I just realized that I already have a vote on him :/ That's pretty much all i have to say...
gxw
gxw
Townie
gxw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:18 am

Post by gxw »

Wow, you guys really need to calm down with these big posts. I'm very sorry about not posting since saturday, but I had a VERY busy weekend. And now I have school. So, again, this is anti-prod and I'm sorry. I may be able to post something tonight, and if not tonight, definitely tomorrow morning around this time.
gxw
gxw
Townie
gxw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:08 am

Post by gxw »

God damnit. I am so sorry, you guys can't even imagine. I was extremely excited to play this game, but this week, mostly because it is right before spring break, is very, very busy. I know I said, I would be back about 2 days ago and I didn't come through. Now I am promising you again, and I hope you will trust me. I will be posting actively again friday night at the latest. Again, I am extremely sorry about being a detriment to this game. It won't happen again after this week.
gxw
gxw
Townie
gxw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:49 am

Post by gxw »

Ok, again I'm very sorry for this but life has intervened. I can't do this anymore. Sorry.

/replace out

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”