Frogito Ergo Sum
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:23 am

Post by Frogito Ergo Sum »

Congrats ether, that's a neat little game of semantics you're playing there.
Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:00 am

Post by Pathetric »

What do you think I was trying to say?

For bonus points: what do you think the difference between them and Fate is?

-Ether
[ooc][color=black]Patrick[/color] + [color=#FFCC00][b]Ether[/b][/color] hydra.[/ooc]
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:24 am

Post by Greymarble »

Great, we've got 26 or more players and there's turbolurking.

Vote:Final Destination

They're scum.

Discuss.
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:25 am

Post by Greymarble »

Before someone takes that the wrong way: This vote is entirely serious.
Frogito Ergo Sum
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:59 am

Pathetric wrote:What do you think I was trying to say?
We were talking about the presented quotes in #120. We originally thought the contradiction was imaginary but after AIM-fueled reflection came to the conclusion that the point of view Gummybear puts forth does contain an inconsistency. We however feel the inconsistency is, if anything, genuine and not the result of intentionally taking an anti-town position. We dislike the amount of reasoning put forth in #120 since, as evidenced by our position, we don't feel the relevant conclusion follows as straightforwardly as the lack of reasoning suggests.
Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:11 am

Post by Pathetric »

For what it's worth, it's not like I just voted them over a theory disagreement.

Fate could be scum. (shrug)

-Ether
[ooc][color=black]Patrick[/color] + [color=#FFCC00][b]Ether[/b][/color] hydra.[/ooc]
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:20 am

Post by Greymarble »

Oh I'm not super worried I'm wrong. AGM and Fate both like to play the same sort of town game. It's aggressive, pressuring, with some strong patterns of attack.

Fate likes to play a conservative scumgame with a plan and chain lynches in the order he wants them to go, with partners planned as 'bus' or 'save' for long term. AGM, as far as I can tell, plays a reactionary scumgame where he doesn't plan long-term, and reacts to things he finds scummy, while bussing partners only as needed or to gain credit.

Why would AGM and Fate sign up together? Similar town playstyle that they want to execute.

Why would AGM and Fate gently prod at BeaverWeasel and UnicornBretheren (both good lynches, but I mean talk about obvious targets) and lurk? Different scumstyles they are disagreeing over, and they generally want to play it by ear.

They're scum.
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:23 am

Post by Greymarble »

Unfortunately this damn theory makes UB town, which I don't like, but Fate would bus that disaster so fast we'd find body parts in another country.
Unicorn Brethren
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:35 am

Post by Unicorn Brethren »

Why is it unfortunate that we're town? :P
Vi wrote::rainbowneeeeeeeeigh:
A wise man never plays leapfrog with a Unicorn.
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:37 am

Post by Greymarble »

Because you're a disaster on wheels?
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:45 am

Post by Pathetric »

Yeah, okay.
unvote; vote: Final Destination

If it makes you feel better, Unicorns is probably town anyway.

I'm still reserving the right to flip back to GummyBear. They can both be scum.

-Ether
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:58 am

Post by YosFlavouredCayke »

Here I logged on intenting to sheep on you onto the gummywagon, Ether, mostly because your posting last page was awesome. Now I have to actually think for myself? Bah.
Final Destination wrote:I do approve of the Dana wagon, and was not aware we were getting into serious mode. FES makes the strongest case for Dana, IMO ("^scum")

Last post AGM made in the hydra QT was asking me if I cared about the hydra that didn't reveal itself, so we still haven't had a chance to discuss reads or place a real vote down.

The whole "was not aware we were getting into serious mode" bit is mildly scummy. Also, the whole post does feel oddly overcautious, which, in my limited experence with him, is not a trait I normally associate with Fate.

Sure, let's ride this wagon and see what happens.

-Yos
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Pathetric »

Why didn't you comment on my exchange with Gummybear last night, while it was actually happening?

-Ether
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Pathetric wrote:Why didn't you comment on my exchange with Gummybear last night, while it was actually happening?

-Ether
I didn't see it until I logged on before work this morning, and I didn't have time to post then.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:08 am

Post by DaSpotthatkillsu »

MOD: Can you confirm that scum has no daytalk in this game?

I never saw once where they did. The answer is important to me and my other head.

Mod Edit: I'm generally not in the handing out setup information when asked and as such I neither confirm nor deny the restrictions on when scum can talk.
Last edited by TheButtonmen on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ÔÇ£Look into any man's heart you please, and you will always find, in every one, at least one black spot which he has to keep concealedÔÇØ
Henrik Ibsen
Unicorn Brethren
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:35 am

Post by Unicorn Brethren »

We can certainly get behind a Fate/AGM wagon, especially in light of the surprisingly insightful revelations in this post.

Unvote; Vote: FinalDestination

However, we do feel overall that DaSpotthatkillsu is overall more deserving of being lynched. Also, we like rainbows.
A wise man never plays leapfrog with a Unicorn.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:55 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Untrod Stranger has been prodded.

Rule Three is now;
3. If it's not in the game thread or your private communications with your fellow head(s), don't quote it.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Final Destination »

[AGM]
Greymarble wrote:Great, we've got 26 or more players and there's turbolurking.

They're scum.

Discuss.
Discuss? I've got a better idea: GTFO. Your whole rant in #131 is all about how you are SOOoOooo certain of our metas. First, you have played in a grand total of ZERO games where I was scum and I have only been mafia 2-3 times on this site ever, so you don't know anything about my meta. Moreover, if you actually DID know it, you would know that your analysis is ENTIRELY WRONG, since there was a game where I did nothing but bus even though I didn't need to.

And I'm just going to go ahead and say on Fate's behalf that you probably don't know anything about his meta EITHER.

So to answer your GRAND QUESTION of why we haven't posted much, it's because we wanted to take a break from just RAGING RANDOMLY and actually think things over logically in our QT before posting. And I happened to be busy this week, which meant less QTing and thus less posting. And given that the mod was like, "hey guys, this is going to be a nice, leisurely game," we thought that would be just swell.

BUT NOOOOOOoooooo, nobody wants that. You just want the AGM+FATE SHOW, WITH HEAD DISSONANCE, DEBATING, YELLING, AND LOTS OF CAPITAL LETTERS EVERYYYWHEHEEEER. AND THE DEBATE CIRCUIT SEASON IS IN FULL SWING, SO BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY: IF YOU WANT TO ARGUE, I CAN FUCKING DELIVER .

The UNICORN BRETHREN vote is especially AWFUL because it references a post that is completely false, something UB should know given that some of their 103950239021 heads have more experience with us.

Unvote. Vote: Unicorn Brethren

Oh yeah, and you also have way too many heads. Die.

MAYBE FATE WILL COME BACK LATER AND REVERSE THIS VOTE. I WOULDN'T kNOW BECAUSE APPARENTLY PEOPLE LIKE IT WHEN WE JUST POOOSOSSOSOPOSOSOSPOST.
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Pathetric »

Yeah let's kill them.
TBM wrote:3. If it's not in the game thread or your private communications with your fellow head(s), don't quote it.
By the way, I don't think this is a fair rule to the scum, and for ethical reasons Patrick and I will not be posting our own transcripts until after the game.

-Ether
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:09 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Reading up. Big(ger) post coming in the next couple hours. During class. Doop.
._.
meeeeeeep?
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:26 am

Post by DaSpotthatkillsu »

Pathetric wrote:Yeah let's kill them.
TBM wrote:3. If it's not in the game thread or your private communications with your fellow head(s), don't quote it.
By the way, I don't think this is a fair rule to the scum, and for ethical reasons Patrick and I will not be posting our own transcripts until after the game.

-Ether
Wanna explain why? Seems to me, scum could do this just as easily as town. Heck, they could do it even if they didn't really HAVE a QT with their other Hydra head. I think it's fair for all and allows everyone to post the same thing both in their QT's and outside of them if they so choose.
@mod

You could at least say "No, I won't confirm whether scum has daytalk.". Assuming that's true...

But since it appears to be true, I guess I'll have to wait to reveal some thoughts that have been bouncing around in our Hydra QT.
ÔÇ£Look into any man's heart you please, and you will always find, in every one, at least one black spot which he has to keep concealedÔÇØ
Henrik Ibsen
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Pathetric »

Are you arguing that scum can fake this? And from there, are you arguing that they should have to? That's just not somewhere I want the game to go.

-Ether
Frogito Ergo Sum
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:39 am

I agree with Ether, haven't we learned our lesson from Bible Verse Mafia? Allowing out-of-game sources can be problematic even without direct proof of authenticity.

Final Destination's defense is weaksauce. This wagon is reaching its final destination:
Unvote, vote: Final Destination
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:32 am

I am in agreement with AGM's mocking of GreyICE's "meta tells" because its a very weak meta to go off of, and two, the game just started and AGM has been pretty busy.

AGM has said "looks like they want a show, lets give it to them and play like normal RAGERAGE" but I disagree. I, as GummyBear has pointed out, am interested in playing this game as a TEAM, not just two players for the price of one-double posting.

I figure AGM's last line is permission to change our vote, and I will do so. Yes UB is referencing a false meta, but I got town vibes off his earlier ability to read us (aka realizing we hadn't read the thread yet and were just laying out good RVS-worthy votes.)

I think Ether is particularly suspicious the way she got on our wagon, citing "thinking 6 heads is a good fallback lynch" as her reason. When did we say that? I think it is pretty clear that the 6-headed PL was just that, a PL to gain information during the RVS stage. I never said "if all else fails...just lynch UB."

That and with us leaning town on GummyBear out of the Ether/Gummy spat, and:

Unvote:
Vote: Etherisk
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:32 am

Also I see we're now using RC's avatar, thanks again its smexy.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”