Mini 1126 - Game over - Was Averagely Suspicious saved?

Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:17 pm

Post by Dekes »

Vote count 2.0

Not voting: subgenius, bvoigt, Papa Zito, Erratus Apathos, RobCapone, penpen, Bill McQuill, Barry Allen, Hiraki, mozamis

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch and 5 to no lynch.

Deadline is
March, 15th, at 04:30 a.m. EST

V/LAs: Barry Allen from 3/1 until 3/2
Last edited by Dekes on Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:52 am

Post by mozamis »

Hey folks :)
This is my second ever mafia game, and first ever day 2 (my newbie game is still in progress). So apologies for any dumb questions.
But: 2 night kills? Does this mean 2 mafia groups? Or vigiliante? Or serial killer?
Anyway, on GreyIce obvious suspect seems to be PenPen for dropping the hammer.
So until i hear from him:
VOTE PENPEN

LETS HUNT SOME SCUM! :)
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:58 am

Post by Hiraki »

No flavor love it seems. I'll post deeper later.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:01 am

Post by mozamis »

what is flavor love?
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:30 am

Post by RobCapone »

Sadly the new rage are 2 mafia groups but vig or SK is possible too

welcome new guy

and now I'll *bang head on desk*
Goodbye Mafiascum, you guys too serious for me.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:31 am

Post by RobCapone »

Oh and until we get a lead or something

vote hiraki
penpen
penpen
Townie
penpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:33 am

Post by penpen »

Vote: Papa Zito

For convincing me to vote to lynch a townie.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:43 am

Post by subgenius »

Sadly, neither of those NK's or Grey's town flip have triggered any alarm bells about any particular person being scum. I will say that I find those NK choices unexpected. Who did you track, Rob?
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:09 am

Post by RobCapone »

I tracked ashblade, hence the *head desk*
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:12 am

Post by RobCapone »

I still don't get ice and why he lied and refused to explain himself. Makes no sense
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:09 am

Post by subgenius »

@Rob
What were your reasons for targeting Ashblade?
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:47 am

Post by RobCapone »

Someone not on the ice wagon
someone that I had neither a pro-town nor a scum read on
someone I felt was trying to blend in

felt tracking hiraki would be a waste cause my role sucks, mafia would have known I FOSd him hard and not have him make the kill, sane with the other people I FOSd

when I investigate I tend to not invetigate the most easiest targets cause I give mafia more credit.

When I'm mafia I try to be pro-town so I tend to investigate the people who seem like they are trying to be pro-town but not overly agressive about it
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Hiraki »

But you do realize that if you targeted me, and we lynched you, assuming you got a scum report on me, that I'd be lynched the next day, right?
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:54 am

Post by RobCapone »

Hiraki wrote:But you do realize that if you targeted me, and we lynched you, assuming you got a scum report on me, that I'd be lynched the next day, right?
but I don't get this person is scum or town, I get told if that person went anywhere.

(mind you this is my interpretation of how things would play out if you were actually mafia, which of course I have no idea other than all your scummy behaviors)

I honestly don't think mafia would send you out to make the kill when the tracker is saying he swears up and down that you are definitly scum, your buddies would send somebody else out to make the kill, somebody not on my radar.

true story

The way I play, I don't trust a damn motherfucking person. I thought about tracking Zito and you guys think he is pro-town. It is very rare for me to "trust" anyone in this game and it is because I have been burned so many times in the past for being naive, now I am a skeptical son of a bitch. Everyone is mafia until proven innocent in my mind.

tbh i don't care if you lynch me or not, my role is hands down the worst role possible cause all the stars and heavens have to allign for me to pick the right person but until I am lynched I am voting my FOS, which is you.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by bvoigt »

(I wrote this overnight. It's an annoying wall-of-text, but since you guys have been asking for more content, and pressure on more than one suspect, here you go.)

Now
can we lynch penpen? I was going to give him a chance to answer a few questions before I made my case, but if he can't even find them....

I've already been over wikkiden's slip, but here it is again:
wikkiden wrote:Oh yes. My vote sucks. Along with the six other people voting for him.
wikkiden wrote:I know no one will believe me, but I truly didn't count the votes, nor did it occur to me how serious my voting would be.
In my eyes, the second quote is clearly a lie, and town would have no reason to lie in that situation. Snake Eyes said that it's not valid because there were actually only 5 other votes. However, if it was just a reactionary post, and wikkiden simply had a general idea that there were several votes, why did he say this?
wikkiden wrote:@the 5 other people thing, excuse me for misspeaking. I wasn't aware that human beings were expected to never make mistakes nowadays. >.<
It looks to me like he
did
count the number of votes, just incorrectly.
penpen wrote:I've decided to put my vote back on Rob. I don't think he is doing a very good job scum hunting even though he is posting a lot.

Vote:RobCapone
This post by penpen is especially bad. I don't think I have to prove to anyone that his scumhunting has been lousy. It does not make any sense for a townie to make this vote when they've done the same thing. Rather, I think it's scum looking for any excuse to place a vote on the biggest wagon.

The worst part of penpen's play, though, is that he's literally expressed suspicion of, or voted for, 8 different people: RobCapone, Barry Allen, Snake Eyes, subgenius, Hiraki, Bill McQuill, Erratus Apathos, and GreyICE. This looks like someone who is trying to get anyone besides himself killed, rather than someone who is looking for scum.

So, penpen is still my first choice for a lynch. I'd be happy to lynch Barry as well, though. He's placed mid-to-late votes on several major wagons: Erratus Apathos, subgenius, and GreyICE.
Barry Allen wrote:There are actually two things that make me worry about my vote for sub.

1. Finding out that sub is actually playing with a "list-o-scumtells" that can actually explain his behavior, even though those scumtells are outdated. GreyICE could be right that using the list isn't a guarantee of affiliation, but it does at least explain a lot about how sub is playing.

2. Bill's vote - and here's why. Other players already noted Bill fading from the thread for quite a period of time as the heat ramped up on sub. When called out on his absence, Bill comes back with a wall-o-text, and immediately votes the only other player with more votes than himself, taking said player (sub) to L-1. This could be a townie trying to appeal to the town with action after being called for inactivity - or it could be maf trying to move us to a quicker lynch in order to keep the heat off himself. @ Bill - if that sounds "negative", sorry but I don't know how to put this more positively...no, wait, how about this...I am "positive" that this looks a bit scummy. :roll:

Sub - your own posts haven't helped you. You've mostly lashed out at me and a couple of other folks, with some strained logic and implied motivations - but again if you are using JEEP's list for scumtells it is possible that you are inexperienced enough that this is just how you post (you've been on the site for a long time but IIRC haven't played much lately - someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this). But, with EA taking his vote off you we are back to L-2, meaning we do have time to talk more. Bill's vote isn't enough to take my own vote off you, but it is enough that I want to hear more before we do a quickhammer here.
As I've mentioned, I don't like this post because it stays with the vote on subgenius, but sets up Bill to be the next lynch when Sub presumably flips town. He eventually changed his vote, but not until
after
the Sub wagon fell apart:
Barry Allen wrote:A lot has happened since I was last on thread...let me do this first, as I already promised to do some serious thinking about my sub case...

VOTE: UNVOTE

Subs - you didn't convince me with the "No YOU are" posts...but again two things nagged at me. First was knowing you were using that old guide, which really explained your posts and made it plausible that you were playing with less actual playing experience than would seem likely given when you joined the site. The second is now even more apparent to me...the only other vote for you is from Bill, and I've been looking very dimly at Bill for some time (first trying to choose between Bill and wikki, and later Bill and you).
Note that he doesn't have any new reasons for disliking his vote...the only thing that has changed is the size of the wagon. Once again, it really looks like Barry is just trying to help encourage wagons and keep himself alive.

VOTE: penpen
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by bvoigt »

penpen wrote:

OK, that makes 9 people he's expressed suspicion of. penpen, what do you have to say about the accusation that you're basically just flinging random votes around?
penpen
penpen
Townie
penpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by penpen »

bvoigt wrote:
penpen wrote:

OK, that makes 9 people he's expressed suspicion of. penpen, what do you have to say about the accusation that you're basically just flinging random votes around?

Well I don't see anything wrong with that since most of what you are talking about is Day 1.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by RobCapone »

penpen wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
penpen wrote:

Well I don't see anything wrong with that since most of what you are talking about is Day 1.
And day 2 just started so D1 info is all we have to go on right now
Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Goon
Barry Allen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by Barry Allen »

I'm checking in on my work laptop from a meeting in Orlando Florida (sounds great? Well, I'm in a hotel on the Disney property but won't visit one single attraction because I'm in meetings all the way through to getting on the flight back tomorrow night................but that's life). If I'm fortunate I will have one chance to check in tomorrow from the airport...otherwise I will be back on sometime Thursday evening Eastern Time USA. Just a couple of notes for right now...

@ bvoigt - Unfortunately, there were several players including myself on several BWs D1 - all I can tell you is that I made a case on each vote that I cast. I didn't sheep, and I didn't throw a vote out for no reason (see Penpen). I still DO worry about Bill, but before getting to a vote for anyone in this day phase I do want to get back home and look at my notes from D1 (and obviously catch up on any discussion that takes place between now and then). That being said, one of the places where we both have concern is related to Penpen...

@ Penpen...you really need to add some content. The voting all over the place does look random, and frankly it looks either VI or scum...the question is simply which one. Your vote post:
penpen wrote:
UNVOTE VOTE:GREYICE

does that make you happy papa zito?
Looks more like an appeal to please the town than actually a serious vote...and that was the hammer. And yes, a lot of the votes we're talking about were D1 - but considering how many different people you've voted for this is a legitimate issue to discuss. I hate to call anyone VI - but you're either that or scum. Please post something more so we can figure out which is which....or if there is really some method to your madness here.

I will be back home around midnight Wednesday my time - again, if I can post from the airport before leaving I will, but otherwise I will be back on late Thursday after work.
Show
Life comes at you fast...be ready for it!
Barry Allen
- fan of speedsters everywhere, Mafia player since 2009.

My wiki page
The mafia forum I come from
My Tumblr
A Great Forum for Flash Fans
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by bvoigt »

penpen wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
penpen wrote:

What do you mean? Even on Day 1, you should have at least a general idea of your suspicions.
penpen
penpen
Townie
penpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by penpen »

Barry Allen wrote:I'm checking in on my work laptop from a meeting in Orlando Florida (sounds great? Well, I'm in a hotel on the Disney property but won't visit one single attraction because I'm in meetings all the way through to getting on the flight back tomorrow night................but that's life). If I'm fortunate I will have one chance to check in tomorrow from the airport...otherwise I will be back on sometime Thursday evening Eastern Time USA. Just a couple of notes for right now...

@ bvoigt - Unfortunately, there were several players including myself on several BWs D1 - all I can tell you is that I made a case on each vote that I cast. I didn't sheep, and I didn't throw a vote out for no reason (see Penpen). I still DO worry about Bill, but before getting to a vote for anyone in this day phase I do want to get back home and look at my notes from D1 (and obviously catch up on any discussion that takes place between now and then). That being said, one of the places where we both have concern is related to Penpen...

@ Penpen...you really need to add some content. The voting all over the place does look random, and frankly it looks either VI or scum...the question is simply which one. Your vote post:
penpen wrote:
UNVOTE VOTE:GREYICE

does that make you happy papa zito?
Looks more like an appeal to please the town than actually a serious vote...and that was the hammer. And yes, a lot of the votes we're talking about were D1 - but considering how many different people you've voted for this is a legitimate issue to discuss. I hate to call anyone VI - but you're either that or scum. Please post something more so we can figure out which is which....or if there is really some method to your madness here.

I will be back home around midnight Wednesday my time - again, if I can post from the airport before leaving I will, but otherwise I will be back on late Thursday after work.
Well yes I am trying to appeal to the town because I don't want to see the town lynch a townie.

What I'm thinking right now is that Papa Zito is scum because he encouraged me to vote for someone that I think he knew was town.

I can't do anything about what happened in day 1 all I can do is vote for who I think is scum and give my opinion.
penpen
penpen
Townie
penpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by penpen »

bvoigt wrote:
penpen wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
penpen wrote:

What do you mean? Even on Day 1, you should have at least a general idea of your suspicions.

Well I just felt like I didn't have much to work with at all.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by RobCapone »

penpen wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
penpen wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
penpen wrote:

Well I just felt like I didn't have much to work with at all.
there was plenty to work with and you didn't help by ignoring questions and voting without reasons.

We scum hunt off content and you denied us of content.
penpen
penpen
Townie
penpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by penpen »

Speaking of content I wonder why Papa Zito hasn't posted yet?
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by RobCapone »

penpen wrote:Speaking of content I wonder why Papa Zito hasn't posted yet?
Well since we have time please go back and find the questions you were asked and answer them

Kthx

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”