farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:44 am

Post by farside22 »

lord_hur wrote:
farside22 wrote:As a list mod I have to check players I don't know to make sure there not inning as someone already in the game. I have that power.
Ok, I was wondering since Egg didn't post anywhere else than in this game. So you learned about it as you were doing your mod's job for this game...

And good job, now I'm indeed wondering if those scumtells are not too numerous to be true... And I can't see any motivation for farside22-scum to vote a scum mate and immediately unvote him for a flimsy reason. Unless maybe you attacked him to look town, expecting him to defend himself well as usual so you could unvote. But yes, even then you'd have kept the vote longer on him...
It's really WIFOM to most people, but in my view if I was scum and saw my scum buddy in trouble I would have voted for him and kept it there. The rest of what I would do is my secrete as I'm not going to give out all my scum tells in a game. :D
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:15 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

farside22 wrote:@Consp:

1) Seriously I'm not allowed to vote for someone else in the game? Is that really what your bitching is about? I decide when I do a vote. It happened I explained why I voted when. If other people are talking and I want to get reads on people I find scummy I will vote on them. I will vote as many times as I damn will please, because that's what I'm allowed and can only do.

2) This game I called both my scum partners scum and voted them day 1
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 76&start=0
I had to leave the game do to RL issues. The other one I recall Xtoxm was my scum partner. I can't remember the name of the game, but I remember that one the most because I pushed Xtoxm so hard people called me town, good times, good times.

3) I phrased my question so as to not to insult Egg's intelligence. Think what you want.

4) In regards to the outing of the Doctor. I had the discussion with LH. I disagree and would do my action over and over again. You call it scummy that is not a discussion that is an accusation.
1) You are, but giving reasons for your vote when those reasons do not apply and when you should act differently as town I think is scummy.
2) I read it:
a)FoS on bv310 (scum) is nothing, you mentioned him how much? Like twice or something?
b) Vote on Socio (scum) was stupid. The reason was a bit of OMGUS and you don't mention him at all between your vote on him and the next vote.
c) The DGB (rep. bv310) bussing was a "going with the crowd" bussing. You just bussed her because others attacked her. Wait, didn't you do the same with Battousai when you suddenly called him your third suspect?
Your vote on both Battousai and Socio were the same, just pretending to be suspicious of someone without doing anything with it at all. You suspicion of DGB and Batt (at the end of day 1) were basicly the same, as well. Definitely not a satisfactory answer.
3) Explain me how:
farside22 wrote:
Egg wrote:Should I say who I jailed?
I say you should too, but this doesn't clear anyone. I just want to know why and who so I can get your frame of mind.
Will tell him he had better use the roleblock part then the doc part. "Frame of mind," seriously? You know that you could ask it another way without knowing who he targeted and not discouraging him for playing.
BTW, didn't you just say you knew he was an alt? You considered him as a noob. Great scumslip.
4) Fine with me. If you are saying things, such as: I would do that regardless of my alignment, there is no discussion possible. You are experienced enough to know that saying that was a scummy thing to do.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:13 am

Post by lord_hur »

farside22 wrote:
lord_hur wrote:Ok, I was wondering since Egg didn't post anywhere else than in this game. So you learned about it as you were doing your mod's job for this game...
I thought you would not correct me, lying scum! You could NOT have learned about his identity doing your job as a mod, because that would happen at the start of the game, and it's clear that you considered him a newbie till the end of D1! And why did you looked his identity up then? I never cared about it, because I'm not trying to outguess him, but you are, and, as a meta-game nut (don't even try to deny it), you thought knowing his identity would give you an extra edge, so you looked up him up N1!
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:15 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Official Day 2 Vote Tally

11 players remain; 6 votes needed for a lynch.

farside22 (4)
- AntB, ConSpiracy, lord_hur, Archer
AntB (2)
- Bella, andrew94
Archer (2)
- Egg, farside22
ConSpiracy (1)
- brokenscraps
lord_hur (1)
- Looker

Yet to vote (1): Magua
==============================================
Looker has informed me he is working on making a comeback. Staying tuned.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Archer
Archer
Townie
Archer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:14 am

Post by Archer »

Again, Farside, why were you voting AntB post 727 (who is lower on your suspect list) instead of me (second on your list)? And then what changed between that vote and your vote for me in which AntB is now town? Too much hopping, too little reasoning (that I can see anyway).

@Andrew, waiting on this, where is the "more" you were talking about? The next two posts from you were mod requests to update the OP
andrew94 wrote:will post more when i get home
@MOD
bella + brokenscraps require a (cattle) prod please
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:24 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Yep, done, forgot to mention.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:46 am

Post by farside22 »

LH: There is no point in that discussion.

Seeing my lynch will go through, please remember what I said as follows:

Watch: Consp, once I flip town he will attack mostly AntB since I cleared town. He also had a list that was identical to Magua.
Archer is not a newb. Get it throw LH's think head and maybe town might have a change.
Also don't forget about Looker, he may have been busy but he still hasn't done anything about those questions I asked earlier.
Finally if Consp is scum that makes AntB autotown with my theory.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by Magua »

@Mod:
I'm voting Conspiracy in post #713

@Farside:
You say: "Watch: Consp, once I flip town he will attack mostly AntB since I cleared town. He also had a list that was identical to Magua."

I think AntB is town. Conspiracy similarly has him down as town. Why do you think Conspiracy would attack AntB?

Is your townread on AntB based solely on Conspiracy attacking you, or is there something that I missed? It seems a large jump to go from reminding people about AntB's self-hammer policy to declaring him town and I'm not seeing the link in between.

@Egg:
Come to the Conspiracy wagon. We have cookies.

I would very much like Bella, Andrew, and Looker to stop voting town and put their votes to some good use.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

Magua wrote:
@Farside:
You say: "Watch: Consp, once I flip town he will attack mostly AntB since I cleared town. He also had a list that was identical to Magua."

I think AntB is town. Conspiracy similarly has him down as town. Why do you think Conspiracy would attack AntB?

Is your townread on AntB based solely on Conspiracy attacking you, or is there something that I missed? It seems a large jump to go from reminding people about AntB's self-hammer policy to declaring him town and I'm not seeing the link in between.
In his write up of AntB he called him VIish along with talking about his emotions. He thinks he's more town based on me scum. I can see tomorrow him saying, well farside flipped town so maybe she was right (again this is my thoughts on his comments and I would call it foreshawdowing for tomorrow).
No my townread on AntB is solely based on the comment that Conspiracy made about AntB saying me as scum attacking AntB is neutral town. He didn't say the same thing about Archer, which is why I believe them to be scum together.

Also and point of order to Consp who quoted my post. He missed my soft claim (which I did on purpose) which tells me since he received his PM just recently. He doesn't recognize a town PM.
1) Seriously I'm not allowed to vote for someone else in the game? Is that really what your bitching is about? I decide when I do a vote. It happened I explained why I voted when. If other people are talking and I want to get reads on people I find scummy I will vote on them. I will vote as many times as I damn will please,
because that's what I'm allowed and can only do
unvote:
vote: Conspiracy.
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by Bella »

I'm posting to acknowledge I've been prodded. I'm working on other games at the moment, but I hope to be up to speed and posting in this game at some point within the next day or so.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by lord_hur »

farside22 wrote:Also and point of order to Consp who quoted my post. He missed my soft claim (which I did on purpose) which tells me since he received his PM just recently. He doesn't recognize a town PM.
1) Seriously I'm not allowed to vote for someone else in the game? Is that really what your bitching is about? I decide when I do a vote. It happened I explained why I voted when. If other people are talking and I want to get reads on people I find scummy I will vote on them. I will vote as many times as I damn will please,
I am interested in ConSpiracy's answer to this, and would (respectfully) like no one else to comment on it till he does.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Oh, I just thought about something. Actually, knowing Egg's target can help us a bit. As there are 2 scums left, the kill action has a 50% chance to have been done by either. So, the person he JKed last night has a 50% less chance to be scum, because, if that person is scum, there is a 50% chance that his/her action was blocked. So, if he targetted one of today's suspects, I think he should speak up.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by lord_hur »

lord_hur wrote:
farside22 wrote:Also and point of order to Consp who quoted my post. He missed my soft claim (which I did on purpose) which tells me since he received his PM just recently. He doesn't recognize a town PM.
I am interested in ConSpiracy's answer to this, and would (respectfully) like no one else to comment on it till he does.
Actually, never mind.

@AntB
: does farside22's soft claim look like the PM you received? (that way, it gives no extra info to scum, since he claimed VT)
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by andrew94 »

actually about the jk thing, we only need to ask egg:

did you aim your jk as a protect or as a roleblock
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:28 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Well, it seems farside22 forgot that the VT PM was posted by the mod at the start of the game (and it didn't hit me either, until now).
Vanilla Townie Role PM wrote:Open 272: Near-Vanilla

You are a Vanilla Townie. You have no abilities or actions. Please confirm in thread.
It doesn't look to me at all like what farside22 soft-claimed, as it doesn't mention that voting is the only thing VT can do. I doesn't mention vote at all, actually.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:18 pm

Post by Egg »

Unvote, Vote Cons
for cookies. And for Smashbro's play. Archer has to be next though.
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:15 pm

Post by ConSpiracy »

farside22 wrote:In his write up of AntB he called him VIish along with talking about his emotions. He thinks he's more town based on me scum. I can see tomorrow him saying, well farside flipped town so maybe she was right (again this is my thoughts on his comments and I would call it foreshawdowing for tomorrow).
No my townread on AntB is solely based on the comment that Conspiracy made about AntB saying me as scum attacking AntB is neutral town. He didn't say the same thing about Archer, which is why I believe them to be scum together.
You remember the game you gave me as scum? You bussed a bit on others which is the same thing as you are doing with Archer. Is it strange Archer doesn't come off as town to me when I think you are scum?
unvote:
vote: Conspiracy.
That is just stupid. So I read over the softclaim so I must be scum? How the hell should I pick up the softclaim anyway when it doesn't look like the original pm? (as Lord_Hur pointed out)
You are flailing and not knowing what to do so you are trying to get fake reasons to get me more scummy. Great work scum.

@mod, is there coming a new deadline due to Looker's comeback tour? I don't want to be surprised with an no lynch.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:21 am

Post by AntB »

@Lord_Hur
Lord_Hur wrote:@AntB : does farside22's soft claim look like the PM you received? (that way, it gives no extra info to scum, since he claimed VT)
Doesn't look anywhere near the PM I recieved. Looks like a generic VT soft claim to me, no VT ever has any power beyond a vote... I would have missed it had it not been highlighted.
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:56 am

Post by farside22 »

lord_hur wrote:Well, it seems farside22 forgot that the VT PM was posted by the mod at the start of the game (and it didn't hit me either, until now).
Vanilla Townie Role PM wrote:Open 272: Near-Vanilla

You are a Vanilla Townie. You have no abilities or actions. Please confirm in thread.
It doesn't look to me at all like what farside22 soft-claimed, as it doesn't mention that voting is the only thing VT can do. I doesn't mention vote at all, actually.

All VT's have is a vote. That's the point. It' has nothing to do with the PM, it's what most VT's know once they get their role PM.
I have a vote. If I was scum I would be soft claiming doc and outing the doctor.
Seriously LH catch up, we miss you.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:00 am

Post by farside22 »

Consp scum wrote:You remember the game you gave me as scum? You bussed a bit on others which is the same thing as you are doing with Archer. Is it strange Archer doesn't come off as town to me when I think you are scum?
So how is it that you think I as scum would be bussing Archer, but not AntB. Whyif I was scum and I do buss would I not vote for Batt's at the end of the day instead of AntB?
brokenscraps
brokenscraps
Goon
brokenscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:10 am

Post by brokenscraps »

farside wrote:All VT's have is a vote. That's the point. It' has nothing to do with the PM, it's what most VT's know once they get their role PM.
I have a vote. If I was scum I would be soft claiming doc and outing the doctor.
This is a weak test anyway (recognizing a reference to your role PM seems a very weak tell), and your version is weaker (only vanilla townies/town will recognize a reference to a way VTs are described in some but not this PM?). I'm honestly surprised that you're using something like this to push a counter-wagon, it does not look good.
andrew94 wrote:actually about the jk thing, we only need to ask egg:

Why would you wanna know this?!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:47 am

Post by farside22 »

brokenscraps wrote:
farside wrote:All VT's have is a vote. That's the point. It' has nothing to do with the PM, it's what most VT's know once they get their role PM.
This is a weak test anyway (recognizing a reference to your role PM seems a very weak tell), and your version is weaker (only vanilla townies/town will recognize a reference to a way VTs are described in some but not this PM?). I'm honestly surprised that you're using something like this to push a counter-wagon, it does not look good.
andrew94 wrote:actually about the jk thing, we only need to ask egg:

Why would you wanna know this?!
Name your scum suspects and why in your next post.
I get the impression reading this all you did was read this page and nothing more.
Archer
Archer
Townie
Archer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:06 am

Post by Archer »

Seems like farside has me on ignore. Great way to prove your innocence, I wonder how you would react had I been ignoring you? Moving on

Andrew, is that the "I will post more" post? I was hoping for more. Looking at it the third time though it has a fishing feel to it. I would like to know the reason why you want to know how Egg is aiming his JK?
lord_hur wrote:Oh, I just thought about something. Actually, knowing Egg's target can help us a bit. As there are 2 scums left, the kill action has a 50% chance to have been done by either. So, the person he JKed last night has a 50% less chance to be scum, because, if that person is scum, there is a 50% chance that his/her action was blocked. So, if he targetted one of today's suspects, I think he should speak up.
I really dont want to get into a stats101 war but its not 50%. Whoever he jailed still has the exact same odds of being scum (±18%) or town (±82%) as someone who was not jailed since there are two scum left and we did have a NK last night. If there had not been a NK or we only had one scum left it would be a different story.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:11 am

Post by andrew94 »

because if egg is aiming his jailkeep to protect, that post which someone said that the particular person has a 50% less chance of being mafia is false.
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:12 pm

Post by lord_hur »

andrew94 wrote:because if egg is aiming his jailkeep to protect, that post which someone said that the particular person has a 50% less chance of being mafia is false.
The motive for jailing is indifferent concerning its mechanism. There's no "jail to protect mode" vs "jail to prevent a kill mode", there's just jail. If there was 1 scum left, if someone is jailed and someone else is NKed, the jailed person is guaranteed town. Ok so far? Now, if there are 2 scums left, the kill can be done by either, so if the JK targets one of the scums, there is a 50% chance of having no NK. So, if there IS a NK, the JK probably didn't target scum : in other words, the jailed person is 50% less likely to be scum than the others.

Return to “Completed Open Games”