Mini 1126 - Game over - Was Averagely Suspicious saved?

RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by RobCapone »

Hiraki wrote:
Vote: Erratus

His vote on Bill is crappola.
so let's see here

day 1 your vote was on Bill almost the entire day until later when my wagon starterd and you were adamant that he was scum, even without feeling like making a case for him.

now Bill, your top suspect gets to L-2 and you make no comments about it and vote for somebody who is voting for Bill?

tell me how this makes any sense
Goodbye Mafiascum, you guys too serious for me.
penpen
penpen
Townie
penpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by penpen »

Barry Allen wrote:
penpen wrote:Well alright how about bvoigt, he seems to be doing the whole active lurking thing too. And I think his case on me and Barry are complete bullshit.
Hold on there, penpen - don't try to buddy up to me here. I still think you are either VI or scum.

btw Sub - THIS is pandering on penpen's part...trying to bring me into his argument like I'm going to back him up now...
Whatever. Sounds like to me your trying to hide that your scum by trying to keep the focus on me.

Unvote Vote:Barry Allen
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by subgenius »

Barry Allen wrote:As for why I wasn't earlier with my vote...maybe it had to do the fact that I was V/LA.
You could have voted in your first D2 post, you know, before your V/LA.
Barry Allen wrote:Let's get this straight. You did not ask me to "stand behind my accusation" - your REAL challenge to me was why I didn't change my vote to one of the folks who started the BW on me. I didn't and don't think OMGUS votes help the town...it just turns into "No YOU are scum" and "No YOU are scummier".
Re-reading that exchange, you're right, I was asking about votes at the time, but I still think it's scummy that you wouldn't even clearly FoS the people you had just finished implicitly accusing. I'd like to hear your current read on Rob and penpen. Do you still think those votes against you were a counter-wagon?

Also, I think you're being a bit dishonest here. Your given reason for not OMGUS'ing at the time was, "I made part of my case on EA due to OMGUS voting - WHY would I turn around and OMGUS vote here?" (Post 581) Clearly, you didn't want to do it because you thought it would look scummy, not because you feel it's unhelpful to town.
Barry Allen wrote:If you have a problem with that, fair enough - but I am not going to OMGUS just for you and your outdated guide list for scumhunting.
Newbie guides have nothing to do with my counter-wagon read. This defense is lame as hell. You're the one that thinks OMGUS is a scum-tell, not me. I think your refusal to engage your accusers out of fear of OMGUS is scummy.
Barry wrote:1. Not true - I've seen penpen try it, and others try it, but you have not given a single example of me "pandering". You may not like my votes, but this is simply not true.
2. I did not OMGUS defense, instead I defended NOT using an OMGUS vote - please keep that straight.
3. This is out and out false - I have stated my case on each and every person for whom I have voted, usually in the same post as my vote.
4. This is a modified JEEP's guide argument again, and it is as outdated now as it was before. If I were hammering for no reason (like our VI/Scum penpen) or if I threw in votes for no stated reason, I would get your point...but again I have stated my reasons for every vote and don't agree with your analysis. But, simply stating what number vote I was doesn't make me town or scum. Again, I've not sheeped and I have stated my reasons prior to voting each time I have voted this round.
1. I did give an example of your pandering:
Barry wrote:This and Rob’s later post are awfully convenient. If we are looking for a counterwagon, I believe we’ve found it.
If you wish to follow it, remember who took you there.
2. I say it was OMGUS because you accused your wagoners of being on a counter-wagon. You didn't vote for them, but you might as well have called them scum. If you want to say it wasn't OMGUS, because you didn't vote, fine. We can make up a new name for accusing your wagoners without voting.
3. It's easy to make a case and hop aboard. Just writing up a case doesn't mean you aren't sheeping.
4. Get off the JEEP bullshit. I'm accusing you of habitually joining wagons late, and I'm saying it's scummy because it shows a common pattern of waiting for the chips to fall and following into the safest wagon. The voting numbers were included only because they prove my point.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Hiraki wrote:
Vote: Erratus

His vote on Bill is crappola.
What makes his vote worse than the others?

@penpen: In case you missed it, I asked why my cases on you and Barry are B.S. Also, you have now expressed suspicion of 10 different people.
penpen
penpen
Townie
penpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by penpen »

idk UnVotE
penpen
penpen
Townie
penpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by penpen »

Here is what I'm thinking now:

1. subgenius Town
3. bvoigt ?Unkown?
4. Papa Zito ?Unkown?
5. Erratus Apathos ?Unkown?
6. RobCapone Town
9. Bill McQuill ?Unkown?
10. Barry Allen ?Unkown?
11. Hiraki ?Unkown?
13. mozamis ?Unkown?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

That is a good catch, sub. Best to let one more night go to confirm the pattern but I bet you're right.
RobCapone wrote:
examine note for fingerprints
lulz
mozamis wrote:looking at the grey ice lynch again. Are we just missing the obvious? penpen said "happy now zito" when he dropped the hammer. Zito was very keen to lynch grey ice.
It seems too dumb, but if penpen is noob scum, could he have blundered, in other words saying to scum partner zito "happy now"?
Or pen pen sheep townie and zito scum?
What say you zito? You seem to be sailing thorugh this game with a "of course i'm town attitude, everyone knows i'm town!"
But you were one of the main instigstor of the lynch.
I'd say this is a pretty bad post. You're making a lot of assumptions here about two players of undetermined alignments. You're also trying to ask me what penpen was thinking. I'm not sure penpen knows what penpen is thinking.

Your last sentence is the most interesting. Plz to be showing how I was one of the main instigators of the lynch.
mozamis wrote:also zito, why have been anti bill all game, but as soon as grey ice was on Lynch-2 you voted for him? and encouraged others to hammer quickly?
overly enthusiastic townie or scum?
You're really twisting what happened there. I've asked you to review those events already; when you do you can come back and explain this too.
Hiraki wrote:Vote: Erratus
Scumvote dingdingding.

@penpen: You're supposed to be voting Bill.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by RobCapone »

Zito, while I agree about hiraki, please explain your reasons
penpen
penpen
Townie
penpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by penpen »

Papa Zito wrote: @penpen: You're supposed to be voting Bill.

If I vote bill yall will just accuse me of sheeping or bw.
Not to mention I will then yet again be called "Dangerous" by none other than the great Subgenius.

We can't have that.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by RobCapone »

penpen wrote:
Papa Zito wrote: @penpen: You're supposed to be voting Bill.

If I vote bill yall will just accuse me of sheeping or bw.
Not to mention I will then yet again be called "Dangerous" by none other than the great Subgenius.

We can't have that.
Subgenius? The one you have listed as town?

Why do you care what others think of you if you are town, vote your own suspensions. Don't let anyone make your choice for you
penpen
penpen
Townie
penpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by penpen »

RobCapone wrote: Why do you care what others think of you if you are town,
Well as townie I really don't want to see the town make another mistake thats all.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by subgenius »

Hiraki's vote on EA really is strange. If there's one thing he's been consistent on for the entire game, it's that Bill is scum. Now Bill's wagon is actually getting close to lynchville, and he votes for EA? Wtf?

Serious FoS on Hiraki
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by RobCapone »

I've been telling you people, hiraki is scum
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

RobCapone wrote:Zito, while I agree about hiraki, please explain your reasons
I keep telling you EA is town. And that's a stupid vote.
penpen wrote:If I vote bill yall will just accuse me of sheeping or bw.
Townies aren't worried about image.

Do it anyway.
Kappa
Just Monika
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by RobCapone »

There is no way you know that.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

It's okay if you don't agree.

But that vote is completely wasted. Nobody is pushing EA. There's no wagon there. Voting EA without pushing him or providing a case means he's just parking his vote and hoping.
Kappa
Just Monika
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by RobCapone »

Papa Zito wrote:It's okay if you don't agree.

But that vote is completely wasted. Nobody is pushing EA. There's no wagon there. Voting EA without pushing him or providing a case means he's just parking his vote and hoping.
I agree with the vote, he did that d1 with Bill and I called him out to make a case and he refused.

But nobody listens to me.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by bvoigt »

OK. Obviously, I still want to lynch penpen, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Let's see what happens when I:

UNVOTE: penpen
VOTE: Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Goon
Barry Allen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by Barry Allen »

subgenius wrote: I'd like to hear your current read on Rob and penpen. Do you still think those votes against you were a counter-wagon?
In retrospect, no, I don't believe it was. I was very annoyed by the BW at the time, and the timing of the BW and the non-vote post that supported it looked suspect to me at the time. But, no, I no longer believe it was a counter-wagon. As for Rob, his posts have read more town...the only questions being that he is still alive after claiming tracker, and that while his claim to have tracked Ash may be true, it could also be convenient. Again, though, his posts otherwise seem to lean more town. As for penpen, I've already stated several times that he is either VI or Scum and I'm still trying to sort out which it is.

Now, let's get to the rest of subs post, which seems to bring to a head a trend I've noted in subs' posts against me...that of trying out a point, then redefining terms or twisting reality in order to make a wrong point "fit" his case...some examples here...
subgenius wrote:You could have voted in your first D2 post, you know, before your V/LA.
Now that you have to recognize that my V/LA makes your point less valid about why I voted "late" in the tally, you now want to redefine the terms of your complaint as state that I should have simply posted an immediate vote D2.
subgenius wrote:Clearly, you didn't want to do it (OMGUS) because you thought it would look scummy, not because you feel it's unhelpful to town.
This is another example of you redefining things...you call me out for not OMGUS'ing, I point out I've been consistent in my stand whether you like it or not, so you simply redefine things to imply a motivation for which you have no evidence...because you are making it up. To reiterate, I think OMGUS voting does not help the town, I thought it was bad enough that it was actually a part of my case on EA, and I still refuse to OMGUS vote. If you think that you should vote for me because I don't like OMGUS voting, that's your right...but don't try to twist this into something else while you're at it.
subgenius wrote: I think your refusal to engage your accusers out of fear of OMGUS is scummy.
What part of my posts this round looks like I'm "refusing to engage my accusers"? There are a lot of things you can say about me, but "refusing to engage my accusers" doesn't seem to fit here....and once again you are trying to redefine things when you are failing to make a point.
subgenius wrote: 1. I did give an example of your pandering:
Barry wrote:This and Rob’s later post are awfully convenient. If we are looking for a counterwagon, I believe we’ve found it.
If you wish to follow it, remember who took you there.
THIS is your idea of "pandering"? Really? My simply stating that if someone BW'd me out of the round that you should remember who did it? Wait, I thought I was "afraid to engage my accusers", but HERE I'm "pandering" when telling the town to remember them when I flip town. You are not making a simple, straightforward case, but rather a series of unconnected and even contradictory arguments.
subgenius wrote:If you want to say it wasn't OMGUS, because you didn't vote, fine. We can make up a new name for accusing your wagoners without voting.
I'm sure you CAN make up a new name - you've been redefining things all through your case.
subgenius wrote:3. It's easy to make a case and hop aboard. Just writing up a case doesn't mean you aren't sheeping.
Once again redefining terms. Before you accused me of NOT making cases...now you have to admit I AM making cases, but you still want to call it the same thing you did before so now it's "making cases-style sheeping".

Sub - you still could be an overzealous townie who can't see past the flaws in your own points. What you definitely are doing is making points that don't hold up, then you are either redefining the terms, implying motivations to my statements that aren't there, or are making contradictory points in an attempt to shore up the original flawed argument.

1. I have consistently made a case with each vote, either in the post of the vote or before. You may not like my cases - in fact you may completely disagree with them. But that doesn't take away from the fact that I AM making cases when I vote.
2. I have a consistent dislike for OMGUS, using it as part of a case, and refusing to OMGUS vote even under high pressure from you to OMGUS. If you disagree that OMGUS'ing is bad, that's your opinion. What I cannot understand is how you can equate refusing to OMGUS with scum. That's your point to make - but I don't believe it is a point that holds up to scrutiny.
3. If you want to hold me up to scrutiny, fair enough. If you want to vote me, that is your right in this game. If you want to keep redefining reality to make a point, I reserve the right to call you on it. Again, at this point I think you could be an overzealous townie - what I know you are is wrong when it comes to your accusations.
Show
Life comes at you fast...be ready for it!
Barry Allen
- fan of speedsters everywhere, Mafia player since 2009.

My wiki page
The mafia forum I come from
My Tumblr
A Great Forum for Flash Fans
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by subgenius »

Ugh, whatever. I get the feeling you and I could both argue and redefine and clarify for pages upon pages without settling anything. I really don't feel like you're addressing my points, but I'll leave it for other people to read and decide rather than write another wall post.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by Hiraki »

ISO post 39 says Haiiiiiii~
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by subgenius »

Hiraki wrote:ISO post 39 says Haiiiiiii~
Oh... this explains everything! Er, wait, no it doesn't.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:40 pm

Post by RobCapone »

@ Hiraki - yeah your iso 39 is when you essentially say "you have no proof I am scum"

that's a great defense
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:53 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Hiraki (iso 39) wrote:
Vote: Bill

You want a case on Bill? Fine. I'm done with you, and you deserve it. Not for being a good boy though.

First, I go with his EA BW.

Second, post #148 was definitely not AtE.

Third, post #157.
Bill wrote:He basically groveled for the town's forgiveness after an L-1 vote that approximately two players even commented on. He invoked being a newer player and apologized profusely for "ruining" the game after a more experienced player asked him why he skipped the Newbie game queue. He's trying to be deferential and cover his bases all at the same time.
You easily made this into something it didn't need to be. He's only explaining his stance, and apologize for what he's done. I've done that as town and scum. While I can't speak for Wikki, I don't see scum in this. Call this a difference in opinions, but I think he's trying to stretch the truth to get a lynch.

Hey, I can even use Bill Logic to find Billscum!
Bill wrote:Attacking bad play may not exactly equate to finding scum, but the idea is that certain patterns of bad play are bad because they tend to reveal scum to be scum.
(b")b

Anyway, fourth. This isn't really scummy, but it ticked me off.
Bill wrote:Another tendency of scum is to come to the early defense of players perceived as new, since they're more likely to make mistakes later in the game and make easy mislynch targets, so your defense here is also noted.
But the problem is Wikki is new. So, um, wouldn't this not apply to the current situation at all, except that Wikki is new? I guess you could call this fruitless crap, but I don't care about it that much to be honest.

Fifth. Most of his opinions don't take a firm stance on the situation at hand. They just talk about it. ISO 8 is a good example of this. Especially at the end where he names Mocking his #2 scum read for being null. Not only does that look opportunistic, but it doesn't sit well with me.

I will admit his recent posts have gotten better, so I may take a better look at him, but he's my #1 scum read at this point.

P.E.
RobCapone wrote:so I will stay on Hiraki and you guys can do what you what, as i said if hiraki flips town you will never see me play another game on this site again.
Good riddance.
I gotta admit Hiraki, this is quite a brilliant explanation for how voting Bill is crapola. :igmeou:
Do you want your possessions identified?
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:54 pm

Post by RobCapone »

Hiraki says this in his ISO 39

I will admit his recent posts have gotten better, so I may take a better look at him, but he's my #1 scum read at this point.
and than Bill gets to L-2 and he avoids voting Bill and votes for somebody who votes Bill

please tell me how this is town motivation to vote for a person voting your number 1 scum read instead of voting your number 1 scum read

p.edit - Thank you EA, exactly what I am talking about

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”