CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:So Shadow - which of your heads will be signing with a Cop emoticon? I want to know what particular brand of crazy I am reading - be it CMAR or Furcolow ...
CMAR
Actually, if you read up on my latest games (since the return from leaving the site), I've been a lot better about it. A bunch of players have noticed too.

SitMOAII - My mafia partners were killed N1 and D2 because of their stupidity. I managed to last until there were 5 players left (D7 I think).
Super Mario RPG - The game had had three modkills due to inactivity and it was seriously lacking in participation. I came in and practically injected the game with activity (if you ask mod Bowser) and many scumreads. I actually ended up getting NK'd because I was the most protown there. And they lynched my scumread and town won. I was doctor.

I think as the quantity of games I'm playing in grows, my quality of play diminishes so I'm keeping a cap on my games. Anyway, hope my poor meta doesn't influence this game!
:cop:
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

farside22 wrote:ShadowGuru who are you a hydra of?
Opps MOI just beat me before I posted. Never mind

vote: shadowguru

Saving myself early from your play now. And yes this is mostly to CMAR.
Though apparently it might in RVS :roll:
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

GummyBear wrote:VOTE: Shadow.

Furc. No thanks.

-quadz
Early bandwagons get us out of RVS. Good.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

And as for the BP vest, I think I'd change it around so that its distribution every night would be random, instead of directly player-directed (or at least semi-random... though I can't really figure out how to do this without having the player pick multiple choices and me random.org-ing between those two or three... which sounds like a lot of work. Maybe a better way would be to just have the current wearer be able to "Veto" two people, who can then NOT get the vest the following night... but it'll still be randomly given to one of the X players still left alive. I think I like that better). Either way, having it entirely player-directed is too broken in favor of the town, because unless the mafia wastes X number of shots on it, the town can quickly guarantee a win by playing follow-the-cop/doc but with BOTH of them having immunity at some points. That's too strong imo, and is one of the reasons town won so convincingly. Because they had a stone front that the mafia couldn't crack. And that's never good.
As far as this goes, I like the veto idea. Also, maybe if the roleblocker blocks the player with the vest that night, the vest disappears altogether for the night and gets randomized the next night.
Another issue in this setup is mass-claim. What do you guys think would alleviate that problem? i.e. What's to stop all the town PRs from outing themselves ASAP and creating that brick wall like they did this game? I think full (or at least semi-, like the paragraph above explains) randomization of the BP vest would go a long way towards that. But I'd like to hear other ideas.
Make it into a closed setup. Also, let the BP vest N1 be randomized among ALL players to take away the town having a clear. Mafia can get it, PR's can get it, and townies can get it. Make it random.
Also, the vig PM being different from the wiki was a mistake on my part as well. I had tuned it differently so that the vig would only have 2 shots, but had forgotten to change it on the wiki. Instead of admit mid-game that it was an official mod-error (i.e. directly confirming Esp as the vig), I just PM'd him and let him say it in thread if he wished... more WIFOM for everyone that way. But the fact that there were basically no counter-claims possible in this setup (and obviously no fake-claims were given) kind of narrowed that down anyway. Sooo that was another mistake on my part.
...But he had 3 shots

Also, another role that I think I'd change if I ran this again would be farside's role. I think that's pretty strong. 2x Cop and 2x Watcher if I remember correctly. I think I should have made it instead: 3 of one or the other, but no more than 2 of either. Meaning it could possibly 2x Cop+1x Watcher, or 2x Watcher+1x Cop. I did want them to be able to have both abilities, and I wanted them to be able to choose, and be able to WIFOM scum what they'd do and who they'd do it to, in case they were outed (just like farside did :)) but I don't want that role to be able to last quite as long as it did in this game. I want them to run out of usefulness eventually, y'know?
ALSO, THIS:

ALSO, I just realized, our PM said:
Paramedic Role PM wrote:You may not protect someone two nights in a row.
Yet we protected Espeonage both N2 and N3 (saving him from kills both nights). Was this a mistake?

Absolutely, 4 is too many for a mini theme. Make it into 3 and make the character into a JoaT with a cop, a track, and a watch
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

IGNORE THE ABOVE!
And as for the BP vest, I think I'd change it around so that its distribution every night would be random, instead of directly player-directed (or at least semi-random... though I can't really figure out how to do this without having the player pick multiple choices and me random.org-ing between those two or three... which sounds like a lot of work. Maybe a better way would be to just have the current wearer be able to "Veto" two people, who can then NOT get the vest the following night... but it'll still be randomly given to one of the X players still left alive. I think I like that better). Either way, having it entirely player-directed is too broken in favor of the town, because unless the mafia wastes X number of shots on it, the town can quickly guarantee a win by playing follow-the-cop/doc but with BOTH of them having immunity at some points. That's too strong imo, and is one of the reasons town won so convincingly. Because they had a stone front that the mafia couldn't crack. And that's never good.
As far as this goes, I like the veto idea. Also, maybe if the roleblocker blocks the player with the vest that night, the vest disappears altogether for the night and gets randomized the next night.
Another issue in this setup is mass-claim. What do you guys think would alleviate that problem? i.e. What's to stop all the town PRs from outing themselves ASAP and creating that brick wall like they did this game? I think full (or at least semi-, like the paragraph above explains) randomization of the BP vest would go a long way towards that. But I'd like to hear other ideas.
Make it into a closed setup. Also, let the BP vest N1 be randomized among ALL players to take away the town having a clear. Mafia can get it, PR's can get it, and townies can get it. Make it random.
Also, the vig PM being different from the wiki was a mistake on my part as well. I had tuned it differently so that the vig would only have 2 shots, but had forgotten to change it on the wiki. Instead of admit mid-game that it was an official mod-error (i.e. directly confirming Esp as the vig), I just PM'd him and let him say it in thread if he wished... more WIFOM for everyone that way. But the fact that there were basically no counter-claims possible in this setup (and obviously no fake-claims were given) kind of narrowed that down anyway. Sooo that was another mistake on my part.
...But he had 3 shots

Also, another role that I think I'd change if I ran this again would be farside's role. I think that's pretty strong. 2x Cop and 2x Watcher if I remember correctly. I think I should have made it instead: 3 of one or the other, but no more than 2 of either. Meaning it could possibly 2x Cop+1x Watcher, or 2x Watcher+1x Cop. I did want them to be able to have both abilities, and I wanted them to be able to choose, and be able to WIFOM scum what they'd do and who they'd do it to, in case they were outed (just like farside did :)) but I don't want that role to be able to last quite as long as it did in this game. I want them to run out of usefulness eventually, y'know?

Absolutely, 4 is too many for a mini theme. Make it into 3 and make the character into a JoaT with a cop, a track, and a watch

ALSO, THIS:

ALSO, I just realized, our PM said:
Paramedic Role PM wrote:You may not protect someone two nights in a row.
Yet we protected Espeonage both N2 and N3 (saving him from kills both nights). Was this a mistake?
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”