A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 2.14

Twilight Sparkle (5) MagnaofIllusion, Benmage, Raivann, Zdenek, Hasdgfas

Bunnylover (3) Ghostlin, xvart, Danakillsu
Setael (1) DrippingGoofball
danakillsu (1) Kast
Ghostlin (1) DTMaster
Thor665 (2) Shadow1psc, Nexus
Feysal (3) LynchMePls, Setael, Locke Lamora
DrippingGoofball (1) Feysal
Zdenek (2) Twilight Sparkle, Bunnylover
Nexus (1) Magua

Not voting (1) Thor665

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch. No majority at deadline and there'll be no lynch.

Envoy to the Eyrie
[/u]

Setael (1) Danakillsu
Bunnylover (6) MagnaofIllusion, LynchMePls, Nexus, hasdgfas, Setael, Locke Lamora

Raivann (4) Bunnylover, Ghostlin, xvart, Feysal
Zdenek (1) Kast
Thor665 (3) Zdenek, Benmage, Twilight Sparkle
Nexus (1) Raivann,
xvart (1) DTMaster
Twilight Sparkle (1) Magua

Not nominating (3) Shadow1psc, DrippingGoofball, Thor665

With 21 alive it takes 11 to sent someone to the Eyrie

* Top of the page votecount :D
* DGB has been prodded.
* Kast is on V/la. As is Nexus. As is Zdeneek.
* Any mistakes in the VC point them out
*The deadline can be found here.
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:01 am

Post by LimMePls »

@Magua,

I'm not sure I understand your question. My theory is that one of these things is what's going on with Feysal:
  • Feysal knows that there is only 1 scum team because he is on it and used the size/powers/ect of the team to deduce there wasn't another team. On D1 he made a post that seemed to say there was only 1 scum team. MOI picked up on it and pushed him on it. He backtracked and said definitively "I don't think there is only 1 scum team". Then when D2 started he immediately said "There must only be 1 scum team" by way of the NK results. However, aren't there PLENTY of other possibilities that make 2 teams still perfectly valid? So how can he be so sure?
  • Feysal knows that there are 2 scum teams based on his team's size/powers/ect. On D1 he made a statement that MOI thought implied he knew there was only 1 scum team. Feysal was being truthful when he tried to change this stance (although clumsily). Then on D2, when the stark kill is missing (which he knows cause I'm pretty sure he is a stark) he uses that to try to create a smoke screen/misinformation amongst town by propagating a false "only 1 scum team" theory.
At this point I think there may be 1 or two scum teams. It depends entirely on who is responsible for the diddin kill. As I've stated otherwise, multiple town aligned night killing roles existed in ACOK, there is no reason that can't be true here. Alternatively the diddin kill could be SK (not sure if you classify this as "2 teams"). The point is, given the information that a townie has now, it may be more/less likely for one than the other, but it shouldn't be as clear cut as Feysal portrayed it. IMO Feysal had an agenda in promoting "There is only 1 scum team" idea, and that agenda is almost certainly anti-town.

Is this not clear? If so, does it clear up your problem? If not, please explain further because I don't understand.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Setael »

The italics/underlined are the instances where bunnylover infers that she's not intelligent, doesn't play well or doesn't trust her reads.
bunny wrote:
Raise: Bunnylover

Lets face it, for those who have played with me, you know that
the only way for me to be good
is to be unlynchable
v_v. So those who were in Gorrad favorite ficitional mafia game, unraise your hand for yourself and raise it for me.
bunny wrote:I know MoI, I was just joking.
I would actually kill myself if
for some reason
people actually gave me that thing
<_<.
bunny wrote:@Xvart: lol you so read that post wrong.
I was jokingly saying
if for some strange reason
that everyone decided to give me the power, I would kill myself in real life.
It was a joke.
bunny wrote:And of course that did DGB really claim scum was not real.
I'm not
that much
of an idiot.
bunny wrote::<
I don't
always
play like an idiot.
bunny wrote:@Locke: No,
I am just useless in the beginning
bunny wrote:@Zedenk:
Forgive me, but I am kinda confused
I recognize this one is a little less straight forward, but it's the wording and the fact that she apologizes for it.
bunny wrote:Shouldn't we raise a person who is scummy since they would be losing their vote and power.
Or did I misread :<.
bunny wrote:I mean
even I think he's scum, and I'm useless in my reads
almost all my games except for three and one was with like 8 people left.
bunny wrote:
Basically I'm self doubting my read.

Yes I think he scum.
Looking back at my past game, my reads are usually wrong.
Should I follow my reads that are usually wrong or consider something else.
That why I haven't voted. Their no discrepancy, I just don't know if I should trust my reads.

Like I said yesterday if we lynch Zoraster before Raivann, Raivann will still be viewed as scummy while the other way around Zoraster wouldn't have.
So should I go with my read even though my mind tells me scum
didn't lynch Raivann because they knew they could lynch him tomorrow or scum didn't lynch Raivann because he part of their group.
Bah, I hate how my mind work =/.
bunny wrote:@LMP: My opinion today has not differ from my opinion yesterday. You can look at my post during Day 1 and you can see that my line of thought (
although it may be stupid
) makes sense to the way I'm thinking.
bunny wrote:You'll note that if I don't agree with my lynch (
their are times where I know it can't be helped that I have to be lynched because of my idiotness
) that I get very frustrated and start typing in all caps.
If this were all sincere, and bunnylover really believed all these things she's saying or inferring about herself, then why is she playing mafia? If it's a lack of experience thing, she could stick to newbie games until she's more confident in her reads. If she really thinks she's an idiot like she's expressed
multiple
times, why play this game? Yes there's a chance she really is just a self-proclaimed VI, or maybe she's believing what other players are saying about VIs and internalizing it. There's also a good chance she's scum whether she is or isn't a VI and is hoping she'll avoid attention if people think she's stupid, and then if any attention comes she can just shrug her shoulders and look pretty.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Bunnylover »

@Setael: If you played with me, you would agree with all those post above the "@Zdenek one".
When I am confused, I'll say "sorry" or "Forgive me", because either I am misinterpreting something or what they just said made no sense at all. I'm given them the chances to explain.
That next one was me been sarcastic.
I am a VI. Do I want to be one, no. Am I going to deny I am one, no. Am I going to use that as an excuse to get out of a lynch, no. Am I going to allow others to use that as an excuse to lynch me, no.
Setael what is your read on me? I know you've commented on the comments I've been making about me calling myself stupid, but I don't recall you saying the read you had on me rather it be Town, Scum, Null, Null - Scum, Null - Town, 3rd Party, or etc.

@LMP #1326: What would Feysal gain by saying their is only one scum team and lieing about it? Regardless if their is one or two scum team, our job as town is to lynch scum. If the town mindset is their is only one scum team, then were going to eliminate one scum team till something changes that mind set.
This is where I lose your train of thought on Feysal is scum, because I don't see the benefits for scum Feysal or any scum in that matter to lie.

@LL: If me and Feysal are scum today, wouldn't it be more logical to stay on the wagon for Thor and Twilight Sparkle since they are the biggest wagon?
Wouldn't it be logical to bus Feysal instead of defend him?
What logic is their to move to Zdenek wagon who only has 2 people (Twilight Sparkle and myself) if your implying that me and Feysal are scum together?

@LMP again: Are you willing to say who you are going to shoot next? If you aren't thats fine.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:38 am

Post by LimMePls »

Bunnylover wrote:@LMP #1326: What would Feysal gain by saying their is only one scum team and lieing about it? Regardless if their is one or two scum team, our job as town is to lynch scum. If the town mindset is their is only one scum team, then were going to eliminate one scum team till something changes that mind set.
This is where I lose your train of thought on Feysal is scum, because I don't see the benefits for scum Feysal or any scum in that matter to lie.
You seriously see no benefit in Feysal-scum wanting the town to believe things that aren't true? Or perhaps proposing something he knows is untrue so that when it's proven untrue later he can go "Oops, looks like I was wrong about that" for town cred? I could sit around and conjecture any number of motivations for him doing it, so this question is pretty pointless. If you really believe he isn't doing that, then fine. But if you do, then what's it matter what his motivation is, it's invariably anti-town.
@LMP again: Are you willing to say who you are going to shoot next? If you aren't thats fine.
This is an INCREDIBLY anti-town question for any number of reasons. Clearly I'm not answering it.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

The problem with that platform, LMP, is that until one knows where the kills came from, it's not unheard of to take a stance like Feysal did. Or even waffle on it when presented with alternate information. At face value, Diddin could have been a vig kill and Chess the Stark kill. Or, Chess the Stark kill and Diddin the (Stannis/Dani/whatever faction) kill. Either is perfectly believable (that there are one, or two teams), and I could see either being argued for in that regard. Maybe he's crumbling too hard, or maybe he has a one-track mind. I don't think it's the tell you're making it out to be, especially now that we know it's much more probably that there are 2 scum teams, and Feysal has been more in favor of the notion of one.

You've described yourself that it could be either situation (and that he could be scum in either), but I don't find the way he waffled indicative of either, just narrow minded.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Setael »

bunny wrote:I am a VI. Do I want to be one, no. Am I going to deny I am one, no. Am I going to use that as an excuse to get out of a lynch, no. Am I going to allow others to use that as an excuse to lynch me, no.

OK, then. Questions for you:
1. Explain for me the difference between a "new player" and a "VI".
2. Have you always considered yourself a VI? (If yes, explain your reasons for believing this and if no, please explain what happened that made you decide you're a VI).
3. How many games have you played? At what point will you no longer be a VI?
4. What are you doing to become someone who is no longer a VI?
5. Did you realize before my post
how much
you call yourself or your play stupid? What would you expect the result to be? Has the result been different than you expected?
6. Why do you feel confident playing in such complicated games if you truly believe the things you say about yourself?
bunny wrote:Setael what is your read on me? I know you've commented on the comments I've been making about me calling myself stupid, but I don't recall you saying the read you had on me rather it be Town, Scum, Null, Null - Scum, Null - Town, 3rd Party, or etc.
setael wrote:Bunnylover could definitely be scum VI.
setael wrote:I'd definitely like to see that support. I'm also feeling scum vibes from bunny, but I haven't had a chance to ISO her yet. I don't see much from you about her at all (though let me know if I'm missing something).
setael wrote:
unnominate, nominate: bunnylover
@Shadow: Can you please provide a brief summary of the case on feysal and then tell me what you think of it? I'd appreciate this from anyone else who, like shadow, is only recognizing/talking about the one point re: him possibly knowing the scum setup.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:09 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Why aren't we lynching Bunnylover?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:10 am

We can raise "lower" someone else.

VOTE: Bunnylover
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:21 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Setael: Here's a simple counterquestion for you. If you believe in the BL case, are getting all the information for it, then why aren't you voting for it?
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:38 am

Post by LimMePls »

Welcome back Ghostlin. You still sitting a fence about my claim, or you hopping if you don't bring it up we'll all forget your scummy response?

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:39 am

Post by LimMePls »

Shadow1psc wrote:The problem with that platform, LMP, is that until one knows where the kills came from, it's not unheard of to take a stance like Feysal did. Or even waffle on it when presented with alternate information. At face value, Diddin could have been a vig kill and Chess the Stark kill. Or, Chess the Stark kill and Diddin the (Stannis/Dani/whatever faction) kill. Either is perfectly believable (that there are one, or two teams), and I could see either being argued for in that regard. Maybe he's crumbling too hard, or maybe he has a one-track mind. I don't think it's the tell you're making it out to be, especially now that we know it's much more probably that there are 2 scum teams, and Feysal has been more in favor of the notion of one.

You've described yourself that it could be either situation (and that he could be scum in either), but I don't find the way he waffled indicative of either, just narrow minded.
Given the rest of his play, in PARTICULAR the play in regards to diddin and xtoxm, I find it much more likely it's scummy and not "narrow minded".

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:42 am

Post by LimMePls »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Why aren't we lynching Bunnylover?
Cause Feysal is without a doubt scum, while Bunnylover is possibly just that bad.

Do you have a problem with the Feysal case DGB?

V/LA on weekends
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Ghostlin »

LynchMePls wrote:Welcome back Ghostlin. You still sitting a fence about my claim, or you hopping if you don't bring it up we'll all forget your scummy response?
Let me ask a question, LMP: Did you make the claim so you could expand your scumlist? Because quite frankly, I get why you shot chess. The primary reason why I'm not voting you is unless MoI is completely obv scum, there's no other reason because for icing a person that was just tunnelling MoI besides eliminating a VI, so that claim of shooting chess is safe enough, and townie enough to not suspect you at the moment.

Now, if you find my thought processes scummy because I listed the possibilites of your claim and didn't know what to do with it at the time, I can't help you with your paranoia.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:47 am

I dunno. Feysal always seems scummy and gets lynched early. He's always sounding tentative and driving people to sharpen the guillotine. It's hard for me to get worked up over a Feysal lynch. I look at my watch, "oh, it must by tiem."

Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Bunnylover »

@LMP: I don't know, speculating about the set-up and been wrong doesn't means you gain townie points, but yeah we are just going to go around in circle at this rate.

I know I said I would be fine with it, but I'm retracting that <_<.
Its Anti-town to name who your going to shoot because I don't know, scum would kill you that night as well as roleblock you, I really don't know it would be anti-town other then that it can be consider role fishing.
Its pro-townie to name who your going to shoot because we get a claim out of that person, the cop knows who not to investigate, the doc knows who not to protect (although they should already know that unless they are an idiot), RB know who to to RB, pretty much roles know who not to target at night (and although its 18 people just eliminating one could be the difference between blocking the scum or blocking a townie).
Lets face the fact, all we know is that you have/had the power to kill.
That means we don't know if you a Town (Vig), Third party (SK), or Scum (Unlikely, pretty much impossible).
As Town your motivate as you have stated is that you had information that would help the town. Honestly the information hasn't helped the town at all. All it done is throw us down more WIFOM. Although since you did come out with claiming a kill on a townie player that something I wouldn't have expected from an SK or Scum, but doesn't eliminate the possibility.
As Third Party (SK) your motivate for coming out would be to look townie (the last sentence), but as well as confused the town.
Scum coming out and claiming this kill is um...........well I can't see any logical reasoning for that.

I realized that what I'm doing can be called role fishing, but the more information town has, the better chances of catching scum is.

@Setael:
1) A new player is a person who is just starting out in the game. Doesn't understand the game, doesn't know how to play, doesn't really know anything.
A VI has a grasp on the game and has the potential to be a good player, but makes error that lead to mislynches.
2) I know I'm not a good player, and like every game I've been called a VI by someone so therefore I'm more then likely still in the VI section of players.
3) 9 games I think. Its not up to me to decide when I stop becoming a VI. Its up to the other players determining my gameplay ability.
4) Playing more games and understanding how each person plays I guess.
5) Lol I didn't. I expected two or three times. Since you asked this, I'm getting the feeling that your falling into the trap you said I was trying to do. It's almost like the response to these question is going to be, "Alright I'll give you a bi for the previous action of the game, but get better."
6) I understand the setup of the games, its the use of scum hunting that are throwing me off. Using LMP as an example, one of the reason he calling TS scum is because they answered a question that was directed at another person. Which makes me go what because people are agreeing with him.
And I apologize, you did in fact say what your stance was.

@DGB: Why shouldn't we lynch you? What have you done this day? Why have you been lurking this entire time? Why haven't you been paying attention and you will know why I'm not getting lynched "Today"?
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:53 am

Post by LimMePls »

@Ghostlin: Do you deny that everything you listed was completely obvious to anyone with two working brain cells? If so, why did you post it? If not, please elaborate on how any of those things weren't obvious.

When I see a post following a big piece of information being relayed to town that goes "Here let me list a bunch of obvious observations. Then let me say I'm not sure what to think." my scumdar goes off. Scum have all kinds of reasons to want town to chime in first. It's not paranoia my friend, it's scum hunting.

If by "Did you make the claim so you could expand your scumlist" you mean "Did you realize that making your claim would be an excellent opportunity to watch people's reactions to it, as well as all the other reasons it was good to make it" then the answer is a definitive yes. If that isn't your question, you need to reask it, cause I'm not sure what you're getting at.

P-edit: Ignoring BL's continued attempt to out more of my role than I am willing to claim. BL's unwillingness to move off the topic when I've SPECIFICALLY said I'm not answering the question is noted.

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by LimMePls »

TOWN
Benmage
MagnaOfIllusion
Hasdgfas
Locke Lamora
Magua
Kast
xvart
Danakillsu
Raivann
Shadow1psc
Nexus
Setael
DTMaster
Zdenek
Thor665
DrippingGoofball
Ghostlin
Twilight Sparkle
Bunnylover
Feysal
SCUM

The middle portion of the list is full of nullreads, so its exact ordering is a bit fuzzy.

V/LA on weekends
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:09 pm

Bunnylover wrote:@DGB: Why shouldn't we lynch you?
I can't make a case for my continued survival.
Bunnylover wrote:What have you done this day?
Nothing.
Bunnylover wrote:Why have you been lurking this entire time? Why haven't you been paying attention and you will know why I'm not getting lynched "Today"?
I was engrossed in another game. It looks like I missed something important, though.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:12 pm

DrippingGoofball wrote:I have a gigantic, rock-solid town read on DTMaster. It's not moving.
I reiterate the above. Also, Benmage is 100% town. But seriously, I think everyone knows that.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:14 pm

LynchMePls wrote:TOWN
Benmage
DTMaster

MagnaOfIllusion
Hasdgfas
Locke Lamora
Magua
Kast
xvart
Danakillsu
Raivann
Shadow1psc
Nexus
Setael
Zdenek
Thor665
DrippingGoofball
Ghostlin
Twilight Sparkle
Bunnylover
Feysal
SCUM

The middle portion of the list is full of nullreads, so its exact ordering is a bit fuzzy.
Corrected. DTMaster is as townie as Benmage.

Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by Feysal »

Twilight Sparkle [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2850195#p2850195]#1303[/url] wrote:Which would you prefer? I'm leaning toward 2, but the drama of leaving you hanging and doing 1 first is tempting. :twisted:
I like what is behind door number two, and I'm anxious to learn what door number ones yet hides. Though I think I can guess.

By the way, you answered one of the bad points I was referring to in my last post, but missed the other. Here it is.
Zdenek [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2850063#p2850063]#1293[/url] wrote:
Twilight Sparkle [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2847818#p2847818]#1247[/url] wrote:There's no rule saying that all of your scumreads have to be on a scumteam together. It's sloppy to clear people as town based off of flips that haven't happened yet.

We think Thor has a very large chance of flipping scum, we think Raivann has a fairly large chance of flipping scum, and a scumflip on one virtually confirms the other as town. There's no contradiction here.
In the first paragraph, TS suggests that there we should assume that there is just one scum team, but in the second paragraph, TS argues that a scum flip of either Thor or Raivann would imply that the other is town, which is an argument that requires there be only one scum team.
I suppose that Zdenek means that the first paragraph suggests there being two scumteams, otherwise there is no point to any of this. Of course, the first paragraph is completely correct. I think I saw Jack say it best in another game... It is sound scumhunting to suspect someone and also suspect someone else who is attacking them in a suspicious way. It can be bussing, or you can be wrong about one of them. Neither of these possibilities require two scum teams.

Vote: Zdenek

Setael [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2850732#p2850732]#1311[/url] wrote:Can you even provide those reasons now? I'm mostly interested in why you didn't bother to give them then, but I would like to see why you supposedly thought he was scummy. Was it
just
his attack on Magua that you mentioned?
There was his attack on Magua, yes. I found it scummy when he started it, and still found it scummy when it kept dragging on. There were also his interactions with DGB, especially this one.
diddin [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2789453#p2789453]#289[/url] wrote:
DrippingGoofball [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2789123#p2789123]#286[/url] wrote:So, you think that, phrasing it the way I did, I expect the vig to listen to me, rather than himself?

Answer yes or no.
Yes. You're well known on this site and your opinion is very influential to people.
DGB gave GreyICE a town read and asked him to be vigged at the same time. She was berated for that by diddin, but he never voted her, despite saying he was. Then the above comment really struck me as strange. DGB is indeed well known, but saying her opinion would be influential is an exaggeration. I have known her reads to be erratic, and I've heard some unfavorable descriptions of her play. There is no way I'd expect a vigilante to kill someone at her recommendation, particularly not a town read, and diddin thinking so was weird.

I've said what the reason was for not pushing this any further. I found diddin and zoraster scummy, but by the time I'd finished I'd noticed what I considered better cases, Raivann and DGB. I left my weaker suspects alone and focused on my better ones.
Setael [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2850732#p2850732]#1311[/url] wrote:I don't think town is likely to do what you did, no. Finding someone scummy, saying you need to do an ISO and then never mentioning them again except to say you still think they're scummy. A townie would give reasons. I'm not convinced you had any reasons. I think you just wanted to be able to bus if needed.
Oh great. What I really hate about this "tell" is that according to it it is scummy to have correct suspicions if those suspicions are not strong enough for you to make a case and vote. Look at Benmage for instance. He has named a number of suspects, but he has not provided reasoning for most of them, nor has he voted them all. If one of them flips scum, will that make Benmage scummy? No, it does not.
LynchMePls [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2850769#p2850769]#1312[/url] wrote:YOU *rhetoric* SCUM *screaming in all caps* SCUM *foaming at the mouth* SCUMMY *jumping to conclusions* SCUM!!! FEYSAL IS ABOSLUTELY A STARK. PLEASE VOTE ACCORDINGLY.
And you accuse me of flailing.

I've answered your posts point by point, and you answer me with ...this. You seriously disappoint me. Shouting in all caps is not making you the least bit more credible, you're just making yourself look more and more foolish when I eventually flip. I especially hate how you accuse me of twisting your words, since the core of your case on me is about
you
twisting
my
words in an incomprehensible manner.
LynchMePls [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2850769#p2850769]#1312[/url] wrote:THIS
IS
A
LIE

I've already quoted the sequence of posts at least 2 times. I'm not doing it again.
If you won't, I will.
Feysal [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2799125#p2799125]#538[/url] wrote:I had a look back at what DGB did at the start of the thread. She posted her first list of reads fairly early, though it was after Locke had called her out for not doing it. She then gave Locke a scum read. She left out LynchMePls from her first scum list, MoI noticed she was still voting him, and she added him to her scum list in her next post. Oddly, she mentioned that hasdgfas could be faking in both of her first lists, but it was not until Magua bet that he was faking that DGB moved hasdgfas to her scum list and began to push him.

And get this: throughout the game, despite pushing for hasdgfas, DGB always kept her original random-stage vote on LynchMePls, who she never tried to push. Only now she moved her vote to Locke, and between him and zoraster, I'm more confident of Locke being town.
This is where, according to you, I said that I had a town read on Locke based on his interactions with DGB and zoraster. Let me walk you through this simple exercise in reading comprehension.

"I had a look back at what DGB did..." This should be your first clue. I'm talking about DGB and why she is scummy. I am not talking about why anyone else would be town or scummy. See? In the first paragraph I also mention how Locke called out DGB and how DGB gave him a scum read. There is nothing yet about what my read on Locke is, or why.

The second paragraph starts with more about DGB. I'm still talking about what makes her scummy. See? There is nothing about Locke in that first sentence, so we're only interested in the second. "Only now she moved her vote to Locke, and between him and zoraster, I'm more confident of Locke being town." The start says nothing about my read of Locke, only that DGB moved her vote to him, with the implication that this is scummy, since she delayed so long to do it. The remainder is the first time I say anything about my read on Locke. I say that between him and zoraster, I'm more confident of Locke being town, the implication being that DGB is scummy for voting specifically Locke. As Locke himself pointed out, zoraster has nothing to do with this really, he had just stuck in my mind with Locke. Anyway, all I'm really saying about Locke is that he is more likely town than zoraster. There is absolutely nothing there about my reason why.

So.
Where the hell do you see me saying that my town read on Locke would be based on interaction with DGB or zoraster?
This is what I told you had to prove, and you oh so eloquently said that you already had. You have not.
No. I've matched you point by point, while you have been increasingly resorting to rhetoric, shouting in all caps, appealing to the mob, and just plain dodging my points by repeatedly saying I am lying. Stop, calm down, and see if you can reply to me in a rational manner for a change.

Fact remains, your case is based on a failure of reading comprehension on your part. I have never said what you claim that I did.

Oh, and one more thing. I expect that this will end either in my lynch or you killing me tomorrow night. When that happens, I will require a personal apology from you. Just you. Before that, don't you dare "buddy" me.
LynchMePls [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2850769#p2850769]#1312[/url] wrote:WOO BOY! Nice Buddy to Xtoxm there. He thinks Xtoxm gives a good suggestion "for someone with a single post", but then disagrees with the suggestion saying we should give the governor to someone who will use it. So basically the whole purpose of mentioning Xtoxm there was to buddy him. What alignment was he again... oh right, Stark.
At the time there was talk about how to get rid of the governor power, and suggestions had been made to give it to GreyICE (unacceptable) or engineer a draw in votes (impractical). Xtoxm had the best practical solution of giving the power to the day's lynch, so I pointed out. What, do you expect me to guess based on a single post that he would flip scum?

Preview edit: the posts just keep coming... I'll just post this now and not make this wall any longer than it already is.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Actually, reading his last post, Feysal is town.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:39 pm

UPDATE:

The wagons:

Noob-(townie/scumbus)-easy-wagon: Hasdgfas-TOWN,
zoraster-LYNCHER
, Twilight Sparkle, Mikujin
Annoying-townie-easy-wagon:
diddin-SCUM
, LynchMePls, Nexus, Shadow1psc
Zoraster (13) MagnaofIllusion, DrippinGoofball-TOWN, Kast, LynchMePls, Raivann, Magua, Zdenek, Benmage-TOWN, Ghostlin, Twilight Sparkle,
diddin-SCUM
chesskid3-TOWN
, Shadow1psc
Mikujin-DISTANCING WAGON (3) Danakillsu, Locke Lamora, Thor665
Raivann (I suspect all townies voting here) (5) Feysal,
Zoraster-LYNCHER
, Bunnylover, xvart, Nexus
Feysal

One of Twilight Sparkle and Mikujin/Setael are scum. I put my money on
Mikujin/Setael
One of these three is scum: Danakillsu, Locke Lamora, Thor665. If LL is town, that means dana or
Thor
are scum.

Town:

DGB
Shadow
GreyICE/DTMaster - DTMaster is town because the mod told me so last night, how 'bout that, pussycat?
Benmage - iz town.
Raivann - I'm going to take his word for it.
Chesskid3-TOWN - Oh, alright.

Magua
MagnaOfIllusion
Twilight Sparkle
hascow

Outlook brightening:

diddin-SCUM

Locke Lamora - According to some, I should have him on the town list but I already forget why.
Nexus
Zdenek - I should look at this one again.
Zoraster-LYNCHER

Kast
xvart

Outlook darkening:

Song of ice and fire/Thor - to be honest, I haven't a clue, but he's getting a lot of flack.
danakillsu
Bunnylover

Lurkers:

Xtoxm-SCUM

Percy/Ghostlin

Scum:

LynchMePls
Mikujin/Setael

=====================

I'll update again soon I'm sure, I'm a little behind in this game. I shall ketchup.

vote: Setael
Raise: Thor

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Benmage »

Feysal wrote: I first noticed him replying twice to a post of mine in quick succession, and he seemed to inexplicably find it scummy the second time, but not the first.
That would be more of a town play to me. Whimsical play that only cares about the here and now...not worried about what they said in the past that might implicate them. Scum are more likely to go: "I said A, B, and C....I should keep things straight"
Feysal wrote: you're not a better scumhunter than the rest of the town combined.
Of course I am. There's scum in our town. But not in me. Hence I am a more reliable source.
Feysal wrote:You don't get to dictate who we're allowed to suspect and vote, or where we're allowed to hunt for scum.
I said suspect and attack anyone. But those allowed to be voted are listed.
Feysal wrote:
Benmage #1080 wrote:Don't be a fucking obstinate prick.
Same to you. Do you even realize that by telling people what to do you're diminishing the information we could gain from their actions? If everyone nominated Setael because you told them to, analyzing that wagon would be worthless.
That would never happen...But even if it did...(in lynching terms) the scum would be all caught much faster.
Feysal wrote: I invite you to find fault with that if you can.
I'm pretty sure he just did. Your reasoning did nothing to lessen it.
Feysal wrote: I'm somewhat annoyed by what Benmage is doing. He has barely explained any of his reads, and instead of making cases on people, he keeps asking others to present them. Case in point, I have no idea why I am on his scum list.
Because you didn't make the town list?

Lol I listed all the players in how I saw them from scum to town...I'd love you to do the same...ONLY I WANT CASES AND DETAILED EXPLAINING ON EACH PERSON....lol...see?
Magua wrote:
because it is easy for scum to direct the policy lynch onto a town-VI instead.
Which is why you PL them all.

I'm still to far back..and unfortunately, can't sit and catchup. I guess I know what todo tomorrow.

(
MODS
it was an okk night..nothing special.. I musta jinx'd it by going out with expectations.)
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”