Newbie 1067 - Game over - Town Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
dysorder
dysorder
Townie
dysorder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by dysorder »

Nacho - You've gone from a slight scum read on Les to a vote without that much explanation. Any more on your read you want to share with us? As for your question to me, it was okay when it was only a few words in two posts back then. Now, it's not quite that okay at all. He's appearing more concerned about roles after death than actually dying. I can't even begin to guess what that means for him, is he afraid of being outed as scum before doing anything?

Mist - You quickly switched from a "not much" scum read on Les to a vote with just one post from him. Yeah, it's a scummy post, but that was pretty quick. And you're defiant we should lynch him. Why so sure?

After all that, I actually agree with you both, and Les is seeming scummy. I'll roll with it. VOTE: Les Guilelesser
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Well, dysorder, let's look at what he's posted inbetween my two posts from Les.
Les wrote:The reason I have voted for dysoder is because I want to protect myself against the line of conduct wrongly made by him.
His reasoning for voting is "I want to protect myself", not that "I think he is scum". This shows that his primary goal is to survive, not to find scum, which strongly suggests that he himself is scum; as a general rule of thumb, townies look for scum, scum protect themselves.
Les wrote:1). From the very beginning some people prefer to keep a low profile, others - to write a lot (tastes differ!). Posting or not posting on the 1-st day does not mean, of course, that we can accuse this or that person justly as a maf.
Saying that you cannot accuse people of being mafia is a bit too overcautious for my tastes, and I believe this might be an attempt to protect himself and his scumbuddies.
Les wrote:3) I shall unvote Mr. Dysorder who showed warm and heartfelt friendliness by unvoting me. Now, the chance that Dysorder is with Mafia is really low; 2 : 8 (or to be more specific, it is 1 : 4). But even more, I am going to support him (do you hear this, Dysorder?) as long as he clearly shows to me to be on the side of the town. I agree my decision is very straightforward (SPOILER: he-he!) but I see this consolidation as our chance to win.
Supporting someone as long as they don't suspect you gives them incentive not to suspect you. This is again, a move to protect one's self, and not a move to find scum.
Les wrote:4). I think I know who the cop is (or may be). I have this intuition based on the way he has already expressed himself. So I am going to support him and his decision as well (though very indirectly).
Scum instinctively seek out threats, especially PRs. He's instinctively seeking out a PR here, and I find that scummy.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

But, I will say that I'm not interested in Les's lynch just yet. The day is still young yet, and I fear we may be losing a lot of information due to the language barrier.

So,
Unvote, Vote: PeRrY-_-
until he gives us that huge post he keeps promising.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:33 am

Post by Mist7676 »

Its okay you called me male. Just dont do it again.

Also I was policy lynching Kcdaspot. It was a policy Lynch in my case because whenever I am in a game with him he is scum! But since that was just a RVS vote I took it off.

I voted Nacho because he knows that the IC's usually die first but he seemed very calm like he was safe from dying so I voted him. He went back to L-2 but after awhile I started seeing more towniness in. His posts. By towniness I meant scumhunting. So I took off the vote.

At first I had like a 20/80 scum read from Les. When he posted that wall it had nothing but scummy things said. He blew my scum read over the top tp 60/40.

Anything else you want explained to you Escho.
Reads!!

Les 60/40
Nacho 20/80
Escho 10/90
Perry 30/70
Kcda 10/90
Dysoder 10/90
Hazard 10/90
Inspira 10/90

If you have a 10/90 that means I have a town read on you but there is an added factor that everyone could just be a good scum.
You Are Worth It
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:13 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

^^^ i like this kind of post. It takes into account that anyone can be scum and instead of saying blatantly "THIS GUY IS TOWNTOWNTOWN" it gives out probabilities.

though mist there can't be just one scum.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:14 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

expect my post to be at like 2 pm CST.
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:07 am

Post by PeRrY-_- »

Nacho, I would of posted kat night but I fell asleep waiting for my parents to fall asleep, I seriously am trying to get a large post, starting up on 6 hours of sleep is hard, once I get home tonight, I will try to get something done
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:07 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Day 1 Vote Count 3

Les Guilelesser 3 - - Hazard, Mist,dysorder
Nachomamma8 1 - Escho
PeRrY 1 - Nachomamma8

Note: ESCHO VOTE ON MIST POST NO93 IS NOT COUNTED... NO UNVOTE

Not voting

Les Guilelesser
inspiratieloos

PeRrY
Kcdaspot

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Last edited by jasonT1981 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
dysorder
dysorder
Townie
dysorder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:37 am

Post by dysorder »

Not to be a pain, but post #100 has my vote for Les. Forgot to hit enter and put it in a viewable position, sorry.

Mod note: Sorry, I missed that. Thanks for the correction.
Last edited by jasonT1981 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

Though really?

L-2 on les?

Why the pressure?

I'm getting null noob here.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:05 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

On post #89 by Nacho:
Nachomamma8 wrote: #76 is a big post with no vote. Don't kill this town read I have on you...
I did consider voting him, but seeing Les' behaviour before I thought it more likely to get a meaningful response if I didn't put a vote with that post...
Nachomamma8 wrote: What's the difference between the scum strange and the VI strange, in your opinion?
VI strange: He does something weird, but it's just completely useless. While it obviously isn't town a (competent) scum wouldn't do it either because it just doesn't profit them in any way. (posts 65 and 67, the dysorder vote)
Scum strange: This post is either anti-town or useless but with a mafia much more likely to want to post it and have it believed (post 75).

Les, if you don't adequately respond to my post 76 and the other posts against you, I will be voting you.

Perry, it might be possible that you really can't get access to a computer for more than 2 minutes to post excuses, but I start having trouble suspending my disbelief (and I read a lot of very bad fiction).
Les Guilelesser
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:18 am

Post by Les Guilelesser »

The core problem and fatal weakness of this Town Community (for those who on the Town's side) in this game is that they have adopted "why he said so?" approach so early brought in by more experienced players (Nachomamma8, for example, purposefully?).

As a result you have overdone it and lost in the blind alleys of misunderstanding and false decision making.

To change this I put forward some provocative and not matching terribly well statements in my post # 75, thouthg clearly indicating that I am a Townie. (Sure, I read lots of manuals on this game and I also know, as some of you do (Lady Mist7676, for example) that the player who mentions Cop for the first time can well be on the Mafia side and other tricks that are not so obvious for a newcomer; I played this game a lot with cards when a student with slightly different rules, though I am playing it for the first time on the net.)

As a result my post has brought out a storm of "brain analysis" and is coming down to its conclusion ... lynching Les Guilelesser.

Mafia has already won this day! Sorry, but this is the truth. Mafia may call it the day!
When buying or selling you can hardly avoid sin. So, in either case, be sure you lose a little in the transaction.
(Evagrius the Solitary)
Les Guilelesser
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:29 am

inspiratieloos wrote:On post #89 by Nacho:
Nachomamma8 wrote: Les, if you don't adequately respond to my post 76 and the other posts against you, I will be voting you.
Please find the answers to you questions in my post # 111
When buying or selling you can hardly avoid sin. So, in either case, be sure you lose a little in the transaction.
(Evagrius the Solitary)
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:29 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

Yeah i read his ISO

Les is a noob. get your votes off him. I've almost had this happen where someone was almost voted out because he was from another country and his post style was different.

ISO 3 is where everyone is getting their reads from? there is nothing definitive there. just odd placing of words.

Pedit: Okay THAT post was bad. I'm not voting him still. Do you have any reads les?
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:35 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

Les Guilelesser wrote:The core problem and fatal weakness of this Town Community (for those who on the Town's side) in this game is that they have adopted "why he said so?" approach so early brought in by more experienced players (Nachomamma8, for example, purposefully?).

As a result you have overdone it and lost in the blind alleys of misunderstanding and false decision making.

To change this I put forward some provocative and not matching terribly well statements in my post # 75,
thouthg clearly indicating that I am a Townie.
(Sure, I read lots of manuals on this game and I also know, as some of you do (Lady Mist7676, for example) that the player who mentions Cop for the first time can well be on the Mafia side and other tricks that are not so obvious for a newcomer; I played this game a lot with cards when a student with slightly different rules, though I am playing it for the first time on the net.)

As a result my post has brought out a storm of "brain analysis" and is coming down to its conclusion ... lynching Les Guilelesser.

Mafia has already won this day! Sorry, but this is the truth. Mafia may call it the day!

BOLDED
: We dont know that. we don't have your role PM. and posting such things will get you modkilled faster than anything.

those last two statements... MY GOD... those last two statements... Are you going to hammer yourself? I sincerely not. but BY GOD.

what you need to do is to put forth some reads.. just look back on the game and see who is scummy.

fair warning though: those last two statement earned a
FOS: les
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:36 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

..."i sincerely hope not..."
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:32 am

Post by PeRrY-_- »

Not Posting on my computer, i have been phone so far. Give me an hour ill be home from school and get to work ojn it
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Hazard with a Glove »

I was going to note les, because he did seem like a noon and not Scum. I remember my first game, and I wasn't trying to find scum but instead stay alive.
I was, but then he made that last post...
I have not yet begun to procrastinate
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by PeRrY-_- »

And now i start my book (or as close to one as i can >.>)

i cant really tell if less is just acting noobish, or is one(like me) but some things hes said kinda make me suspicious like :
Les Guilelesser wrote:The core problem and fatal weakness of this Town Community (for those who on the Town's side) in this game is that they have adopted "why he said so?" approach so early brought in by more experienced players (Nachomamma8, for example, purposefully?).

To change this I put forward some provocative and not matching terribly well statements in my post # 75, thouthg clearly indicating that I am a Townie. (Sure, I read lots of manuals on this game and I also know, as some of you do (Lady Mist7676, for example) that the player who mentions Cop for the first time can well be on the Mafia side and other tricks that are not so obvious for a newcomer; I played this game a lot with cards when a student with slightly different rules, though I am playing it for the first time on the net.)

now to me, this is kinda scummish i kinda agree with kcdaspot on the fos. again he could just be new but i could be wrong. ive seen people play the newbie card pretty well and not be newbie. i dont really want to vote putting him L-1, so ill hold off so we can at least have more info

im kinda like Les right now, trying to stay alive, but im trying to find scum so i feel somewhat safer, so for now ill wait for more posts to see if i can find out if people are anywhere remotely scummy
Les Guilelesser
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:58 pm

The Mafia in this town (and in any other town) is strong because they are united; they simply know who they are. Their weak side is that they do not know key players (Doc and Cop). The statistics show that mafs' chance to win is 3:1 or even 4:1.

What I propose is to unite true town members and increase our chances of hitting the right target.

I have revealed my role (a Townie); so do not vote me, of course. By supporting me now the Town increases the chance to lynch a maf (mathematically our chance to lynch a maf rises up to 3 out of 7).

Next, Doc and Cop should not check Les Guilelesser during the night time - this also increases our chance to get rid of the Mafia.

Next thing, lady Mist must be on the Town's side. I would recommend Cop to avoid "chercher la femme" late at night but instead find a maf.

So far the Town have acted like a home guided missile - targeting their own home. :cool: (My best Russian Cold War rhetoric Pun for today)

It is still the beginning of the game. If I have more reads I shall dwell upon it later.
(Evagrius the Solitary)
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

.... oh my god...

I just might do this... i might just vote. I REALLY Don't want to L-1 les right no but....
I have revealed my role (a Townie); so do not vote me, of course. By supporting me now the Town increases the chance to lynch a maf (mathematically our chance to lynch a maf rises up to 3 out of 7).

Next, Doc and Cop should not check Les Guilelesser during the night time - this also increases our chance to get rid of the Mafia.
is this real? i'm high right now, i know it.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Bolded are my thoughts on each statment.
Les Guilelesser wrote:The Mafia in this town (and in any other town) is strong because they are united; they simply know who they are.
This is true
Their weak side is that they do not know key players (Doc and Cop).
But claiming gives the mafia an easier chance of catching them.
The statistics show that mafs' chance to win is 3:1 or even 4:1.
Actually it is unpredictable because it depends on our town and how they lynch.

What I propose is to unite true town members and increase our chances of hitting the right target.
We don't know exactly who is town. Remember there are two scum among us and I think everyone here can lie.

I have revealed my role (a Townie); so do not vote me, of course.
As I said above this gives mafia more information. Also we don't know for a fact that you are a townie only you do unless you show us your role PM which is against the rules.
By supporting me now the Town increases the chance to lynch a maf (mathematically our chance to lynch a maf rises up to 3 out of 7).
Again we don't know for a fact you are town.

Okay who else think that this just
SCREAMS
Scum. He doesn't want to be checked by cop.

Next thing, lady Mist must be on the Town's side.
Flattery will get you nowhere
I would recommend Cop to avoid "chercher la femme" late at night but instead find a maf.
It is best not to order around cop.

So far the Town have acted like a home guided missile - targeting their own home. :cool: (My best Russian Cold War rhetoric Pun for today)
LoL

It is still the beginning of the game. If I have more reads I shall dwell upon it later.
Many of us have our reads already so I think you should have a couple also.
P-EDIT - Kcd I'm sorry your not high because than I'd be high also. And I'm 12. [joke]I wish my grades smoked weed. They would get higher![/joke]
You Are Worth It
Les Guilelesser
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Mist7676 wrote:Okay now I'm getting a major scum read from Les. I don't think he is playing the newbie card. He wants to follow the cop that has as much information as he has now. He doesn't want his role revealed. Lynch him. LYNCH HIM NOW!!VOTE: Les Guilelesser
I still think that Mist must be on the Town's side. The key to this in the impulsive quote from her I placed above.
(Evagrius the Solitary)
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by PeRrY-_- »

all right les, anyone can claim anything and you'll have to believe them, i could claim anything an everyone could believe me (to some extent), but this is a game of deception, lies and fooling people to think you are who you aren't. and im kinda with kcd, i think i must be high or something, gotta stop idosing (jk) and i dont want to put him at l-1 so much
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Here is that game I promised. It was Setup 2. I'm mist7676 of course. Town won YAY! but we cant be so sure here. http://www.epicmafia.com/game/60815
You Are Worth It

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”