Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Final Fires »

StrungOver wrote:I voted Umbrage
:eek:

Why did you vote for Umbrage?

Same question to everyone who voted HC. Why vote for someone we hadn't even discussed giving the NK to?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:02 am

Post by Setael »

Tragedy wrote:Vezok did have some scummy reads on myself.
He mentioned he wanted to live through the night as well...
And? What do you think about amrun?
Final Fires wrote:Amrun, if you were uncertain of the plan, why didn't you wait for clarification before killing? Or at least give Vez a chance to claim?

I seriously do not like how the execution shifted off of Umbrage and onto SV yesterday. Umbrage had already claimed VT. He even said himself that you should generally kill claimed VTs earlier in the thread. SV was a very easy target to shift the bandwagon onto; I feel like his wagon was very scum driven.

Set and Exe both look a little more town to me. I'll probably try to reread (or at least skim) the thread one more time to see if those flips change my opinions of anyone.

TS looks a lot scummier to me today for suggesting that we revote yesterday, ultimately leading to SV getting executed instead of Umbrage. Amrun also looks very scummy to me now. As always, I still think Umbrage and SO are scum.
What do you mean "looks very scummy". Hesitating with the bus? Your focus on the SV wagon is suspect. What we should be looking for is connections to amrun. She is the one we know is scum. Also, it's incredibly suspect to me that now you find me "a little more town" when what you supposedly think we should focus on (the switch to the SV wagon and wanting to revote yesterday) were largely driven by ME. Because of that, I know town was just as likely to want those things to happen. It is scummy to me that you're trying to point us in the wrong direction. Based on you and amrun's push against umbrage, I'm guessing that when we reread you're not going to look so good.
Final Fires wrote:
Twistedspoon wrote:Hey guys, It's twistedspoon here :]

Here's to a fun game

anyways, reading the posts Exe seems to have everything under control; his ideas make the most sense :]
Final Fires wrote:
First week: Decide executioner
Second week: Decide who executioner kills
Third week: Decide who gets nightkill, and who they will kill with it.
Your timetable idea seems interesting, however the chance of play might not flow so smoothly. I mean deciding the executioner is probably one of the bigger decisions, and that could be tricky when we only have one week to do so. Hopefully the mafia will slip up and then we can get the executioner to hammer them. The biggest problem would be voting a
mafia witch
as executioner. Steps would have to be taken to avoid this, because if a mafia is the executioner, then it's certain a
townie pilgrim
will die, but if we have a townie executioner there is always a chance that he'll pick mafia.
TS, what made you think that the witches are called "mafia witches" and the townies are called "townie pilgrims"?
How did you find this FF? Did you notice it yesterday?
StrungOver wrote:I voted Umbrage
also the following need to die
Amrun
Exe
Final Fires
Why Exe? (Same question for umbrage)

Why Final Fires?

What was your reaction when amrun announced she was going to kill vezok?

Why did you vote umbrage?
Final Fires wrote:Oh, and I voted for Am last night.
WHY? I find this very scummy. Were you really ok with her killing vezok when he hadn't claimed and was very possibly a power role?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:07 am

Post by Setael »

vezokpiraka wrote:I so going to Rage in endgame at who killed me.
Well, it was scum obviously so you'll either be congratulating them or making fun of them for this ploy not working out like they hoped. Maybe in future games don't soft claim power role since now you have hard evidence of how stupid it is to do that.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:14 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

hey guys
I've had a busy time
seems like it was a bad night tho' losing the cop.

Anyaways, I voted FF since I was dissapointed Vezok wasn't given a chance to claim, and didn't want us to lose a potential PR.
Killing Vezok was too big of a risk for the town to lose, and therefore I chose not to vote Amrun, but FF instead. He's a solid town read for me, that's why.

FF, I only wanted a re-vote because It would have been bad if we lynched umbrage and she flipped town when we hadn't got an absolute majority. If any one of the seven SV voters had chosen Umbrage then Umbrage would have been lynched instead. I think it's slightly unfair to pin the SV execution on me when I only wanted to execute having an absolute majority.
I'm sure I missed another question somewhere, but I've got to go for now guys.
Ciao
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:19 am

Post by Setael »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:Night votes so far. (And so far not adding up...)

Amrun (1): Umbrage,
Final Fires (3): Setael, Amrun, Ant_to_the_max
Haschel (2): charter, Tragedy
3-4 scum with 2 votes each all surely went to amrun. She declared she was going to nk someone they knew was town who had hinted PR. She got at least 4-6 votes from scum (since you can't count hers).

@TS: what do you think of amrun now? And the question you missed had to do with you calling the townies pilgrims. You need to answer it.
Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:29 am

Post by Final Fires »

Set, what's your opinion of Umbrage right now?
Set wrote:What do you mean "looks very scummy". Hesitating with the bus?

Amrun has been my top town read this entire game. I want to give her an opportunity to at least answer my questions before I decide for certain that I want her to be executed.
Set wrote:Your focus on the SV wagon is suspect. What we should be looking for is connections to amrun. She is the one we know is scum.
It would be silly for us to focus entirely on the NK, and completely ignore the way yesterday's execution went down.

Also, we don't
know
that Am is scum yet. Is there a pretty good chance of her being scum? Yes. Do we know? Nope. When you say stuff like that it makes it difficult for me to get a read on you. Yesterday you knew that SV was going to flip town, and now you know that Am is going to flip scum?
Set wrote:Also, it's incredibly suspect to me that now you find me "a little more town" when what you supposedly think we should focus on (the switch to the SV wagon and wanting to revote yesterday) were largely driven by ME.
TS was the one who proposed the plan; you just supported it. And when you supported it you were under the assumption that Umbrage would still be executed instead of SV. And the reason you look a little more town to me was because you tried to prevent SV's death; but it still concerns me that you were so confident that he was town, which is why it just earned you a little town points.
Set wrote:How did you find this FF? Did you notice it yesterday?
Yep:
Final Fires wrote:The reason I asked for Umbrage to claim his full role name was because I wanted to see if he would try to put a flavor twist to it. For what it's worth, another player accidently did this earlier in the game. I didn't call it out because scum aren't the only one who wouldn't know what the vanilla townie role is called; PRs wouldn't know either. Plus by waiting I could see if any scum picked up on it and tried to claim [VT role with flavor] instead of vanilla townie. I hate to do this, because it's so WIFOM, but should I call out the player who didn't know the vanilla townie role name, with there being a chance that the individual who did it is a PR? (I'm not mentioning what exactly this individual called the VT role yet, because doing so would probably give away who they are. In the case that they are a PR, I want to avoid this.)
Set wrote:WHY? I find this very scummy. Were you really ok with her killing vezok when he hadn't claimed and was very possibly a power role?
I wasn't ok with a Vezok kill. However, we had all agreed to vote for Am. I figured it was better for me to stick to the plan, with there being an off chance that Am was town, than for me to scatter my vote and ensure that the mafia got a hold of the NK, allowing them to strategically kill whoever they wanted. If it counts for anything, before I voted I asked if I could vote for myself, but I couldn't.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Setael wrote: @TS: what do you think of amrun now? And the question you missed had to do with you calling the townies pilgrims. You need to answer it.
I'm in favour of an Amrun nightkill at the moment, although I would like to not rush into things one page into day 2.
I'm just upset that the cop was killed. If it was Amrun's fault or if it was a mafia motive I do not know. Hopefully we will find out somehow.

I think i might have called them that on my first post. I'm not sure I remember why though with it being the first post. Flavour reasons I would guess.

~Screwtape
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Setael »

Ugh. This is not helpful. Which do YOU think is more likely? And amrun is not going to be the nk, she's going to be killed TODAY. Even if she claims doc or something the real doc shouldn't counter claim because it's THAT obvious she's scum.

I won't be able to reread until I get home later today. Then I think I'll have a better idea of who is scum with amrun.
StrungOver
StrungOver
Goon
StrungOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:56 am

Post by StrungOver »

vote twisted
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:00 am

Post by Setael »

As in, you trust twisted enough to execute amrun? Don't forget that who you vote for is the person who makes the kill.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:19 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Setael wrote:And amrun is not going to be the nk, she's going to be killed TODAY.
does it matter if we execute her or NK her?

~Screwtape
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:22 am

Post by Setael »

Really? You're asking this after what happened last night? We can't be guaranteed scum won't get control of the vote and we're not guaranteed anyone will vote at night for who we all agree on. She dies today.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:19 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

you are absolutely correct seteal

vote me executioner and I will serve you amruns head on a plate. she killed our cop and betrayed us.

~Screwtape
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:51 am

Post by Amrun »

So, Final Fires, you voted for me even though you didn't want me to kill vezok? And now you want to kill me for doing exactly what I professed to do?

Everyone was asking for the end of the day, saying it was dragging on and nothing was being accomplished. I, too, thought this, so I ended the day UPON REQUEST. I wouldn't have done it if people hadn't asked me to.

Since I was asked to end it, I told people what I would do if elected executioner. Lo and behold, I was elected executioner. I did what I said I would do.

In hindsight, it's clear now that people weren't okay with it, so I wish I had not done this. I didn't know that at the time, though.

And for the record, had I thought vezok would actually claim, I would have let her. It seemed to me like she wasn't going to claim no matter what.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:29 am

Post by Final Fires »

Amrun wrote:So, Final Fires, you voted for me even though you didn't want me to kill vezok? And now you want to kill me for doing exactly what I professed to do?
I wasn't allowed to vote for myself. We had agreed on electing you; I was the backup plan if you went rogue. If I had chosen to vote for some random person that we hadn't discussed beforehand, then I would just be increasing the odds that the mafia end of with the NK, because that's one more uncoordinated town vote.
Am wrote:Everyone was asking for the end of the day, saying it was dragging on and nothing was being accomplished. I, too, thought this, so I ended the day UPON REQUEST. I wouldn't have done it if people hadn't asked me to.
You've been a very common sense player throughout this whole game, and you've made sure your actions have been supported by the majority. I had assumed that you would've waited for at least each person to say that they were ok with the plan for who receives the NK, as well as that they were ok with the day ending. Plus, NOBODY said they wanted you to execute right then and there. There was no urgency to end the day before each person at least got the opportunity to comment on it.
Am wrote:And for the record, had I thought vezok would actually claim, I would have let her. It seemed to me like she wasn't going to claim no matter what.
This is a flat out lie. Vez offered to claim early on, and there was discussion on whether or not we should make him claim.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Setael »

I was ok with the day ending, as were a few others but ONLY on condition that we no lynch at night. If the plan was still to nk someone there would've had to be a lot more discussion and agreement as to whom. This was clear to amrun, and her excuses are not at all believable.

I agree that it's clearly a lie that she didn't think vezok would claim if threatened with execution. No one was even willing to consider a wagon on vezok, we were that hesitant that he might actually be a PR. Amrun knew the town would be angry at her nk, she just hoped she could talk us out of it (with help from her buddies of course.)
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Setael »

Also, I think amrun's trick showed that we can't trust the nk to the same person we elect as day executioner. We need to agree on someone to kill amrun and a separate person to execute one of her teammates tonight.
Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Final Fires »

Set, what's your current opinion on Umbrage?
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Setael wrote:As in, you trust twisted enough to execute amrun? Don't forget that who you vote for is the person who makes the kill.
you make it sound like I'm untrustworthy, Set. Why do you say this?
Setael wrote: We need to agree on someone to kill amrun and a separate person to execute one of her teammates tonight.
Agreed.
Vote me to execute Amrun today, and FF to make the nightkill tonight.

any objections?

~Screwtape
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Amrun »

It's not a lie. She offered to claim, but seemed very unwilling to actually back up that offer.

It is what it is. I see now that what I have done is stupid. I wasn't giving this game 100% at the time I ended the day ... but for the record, SOME people (like charter) did very much want me to end the day.

At some point during the night, I thought, "Why didn't I wait more?" and had no good answer for this besides in the moment, I was impatient, but I couldn't fix it at that point. I just had to continue with what I had told everyone I would do.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:18 am

Post by Exe »

We all wanted you to end the day...there was nothing wrong with that.

What was wrong was deciding to kill someone you hadn't even asked to claim, and then giving the town no coordination to decide upon.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:21 am

Post by Umbrage »

VOTE: Twistedspoon

If Amrun flips town, which I doubt, kill Setael. If she is scum, kill FF. Honestly, even if vezok was scum, I'd still want Amrun dead today. That premature ending of the day was the worse thing anyone's done yet. And that's counting Exe!

Notice how until now, Exe never really pushed Amrun. The two argued a lot, but never really attacked the other. If one is scum, the other is likely bussing.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Exe »

Umbrage wrote:Notice how until now, Exe never really pushed Amrun.
I WAS THE FIRST ONE TO CALL AMRUN SCUM.

God fucking damnit, are you being willfully dense?

In fact, I am the ONLY ONE WHO HAS BEEN CALLING AMRUN AT ALL SUSPICIOUS THROUGHOUT THE GAME.

YOU defended her for AGES. NO ONE pushed Amrun, until you did your whole "herp derp everyone on the SO wagon is scum hurr hurr!" crap.

God, your fucking "Amrun, FF, Exe" thing is a fucking joke and it's getting old really fast. It's not even a case, you have no connections, you just said "Well what if?" and somehow you're convinced that your shitty reads are actually real.

OH AND FOR THE RECORD. SV AND VEZOK WERE TOWN. So good luck getting me (or anyone with a brain) to listen to ANY of your reads anymore Umbrage.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”