A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Setael wrote:Where's nexus? He's plenty active in the game he's nodding that I'm in.
I really, really dislike this. 'Plenty active' constitutes Nexus fulfilling his normal modding duties with what, two posts? This is lazy, lacks context and indicates that you're just interested in trying to make Nexus look scummy. I am very tempted to vote you after this.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by Benmage »

I'm pretty disappointed and further convinced that Thor is scum.

In 8 days he's read what, 10 pgs? And provides minimal content. Considering the effort he put into bickering and self-defending himself, similar, equivalent effort put into catching up should've yielded further progression and more insight.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Setael wrote:@DGB So this:
DGB wrote:One of Twilight Sparkle and Mikujin/Setael are scum. I put my money on Mikujin/Setael.
This is why you're absolutely confident I'm scum and I need 15x more votes? You're hiding behind a weak argument
Yep, I think that sums it up nicely, except that I consider it a very strong argument, and I quite expect that Setael-scum would have to disagree with me in the fulfillment of her wincon.
Setael wrote:What do you think of feysal?
Already answered.
Setael wrote:Why did you vote bunnylover for about 2 minutes?
I changed my mind quickly.
Setael wrote:You said this:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Actually, reading his last post, Feysal is town.
What exactly in his post made you think he's town?
He sounds honest.
Setael wrote:Why is DTMaster town? You declaring it is so does not help any of the rest of us read you or them.
I already said, I hold this information straight from the mod. DTM is town. Also, Benmage. I know Benmage is town because the mod said so.

Can we lynch Setael??? She's scum, if we don't lynch her, she's going to kill us all one by one, at night.

The mod never told me that Setael is town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:20 pm

I BEG YOU

We need to lynch Setael.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Setael »

To clarify definitions for you LL, "plenty active" refers to posting fairly lengthy death flavor 45 min after the hammer. The speed made me feel he should be able to be posting here.

I'm fine with his response. I hadn't considered that possibility and it makes sense.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by Benmage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Also, Benmage. I know Benmage is town because the mod said so.
Thats actually true too.
DrippingGoofball wrote:The mod never told me that Setael is town.
They told me. So vote elsewhere.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Page 20

Magna just referenced ReBoot Mafia for me when I replaced in...I'm actually too dumb to figure out what he meant by it. :? I'll presume he's just admitting he knows I'm awesome and move on.

Page 21-23

Drama, oh noes!!1!

Page 24

Liking Zdenek.

Page 29

I'm not sure what's more odd. That in refuting Chess' case on him MoI bothers to bring up examples of how Chess didn't use normal and proper logic...or that MoI is bothering to answer the case at all. I'm actually mildly offended you took a swipe at him for complimenting the mod on a post meant to dissuade personal attacks. MoI really comes across both as defensive and sort of desperate to dig at anything Chess says here, sort of a "LOOKIT THIS WALL - I AM TOWN, GULDURNIT!" feel to the whole mess.

Page 31

Mina finds my jauntiness forced? I am always jaunty except when I'm not...

Page 32

I'll confirm that I like my Mikujin vote, why did that ever get hate? Oh yeah, failure to read all thread - and I was still voting someone I would have been if I had. Damn I'm brilliant ;) That said everyone was excited by zoraster and i can't really fault that either in 20/20 hindsight, but since he hadn't hit full meltdown yet - wheee.

Ooooh, I may have found the kernal of the Twilight Sparkle case - lack of pushing for lynches. Hmmm...I don't know hito from Adam, and the super sick at the time Sotty is certainly a hammer queen. Mina is kid glove softness, but can be aggressive. I'll accept this as a reasonable tell, I'm not sure I'm particularly sold on it though. Also, this came from Magua and Ben - so clearly I still have yet to see MoI's case o' awesome. The odd thing is...I'm pretty sure I'm up to where he told me to go read for it pretty much and...?

Page 34(5? - whatevs)

Slightly odded out that Twilight Sparkle has just called me scum for like the 3nd/3rd time but keeps going with the 'will let him catch up' spiel. I never like it when people do that - either you've picked up on a scumtell or you haven't. if you're going to reaction fish me you might as well vote me. ::shrug::

Wooosh, and I'm up to the Zoraster lynch which I've already weighed in with thoughts of (during my uber scummy posting while not reading whole thread sequence, natch) and shockingly enough - I'm standing by the conclusions I had then because they are still valid. Egads!

I'm probably tapping out for tonight as considering work if I'm
smart
I go to bed within the next two hours. Sometimes Mafia does lure me in to later - but rarely for catchup reads. The section I participated in should go fairly quickly and that should leave me about 10+ pages to catch up with tomorrow? Something like that - everyone lurk till Tuesday and we should be copacetic.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:35 pm

Benmage wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:The mod never told me that Setael is town.
They told me. So vote elsewhere.
Can I totally trust you with this?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Because I'm not joking about the mod telling me sekrits.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Benmage wrote:I'm pretty disappointed and further convinced that Thor is scum.

In 8 days he's read what, 10 pgs? And provides minimal content. Considering the effort he put into bickering and self-defending himself, similar, equivalent effort put into catching up should've yielded further progression and more insight.
::shrug::

I find it very easy to post from work on games I am active in.

I find it very difficult to do catchup reading. I find it's a totally different mindset. Considering I've never been this slow to catch up on a game how about you go out on a limb and figure maybe I'm in some certain circumstances that are slowing me down more than usual which *might* (only if you squint, though) explain why i tried an alternate replace-in entrance strategy from any game I've ever played in? Go ahead, squint, you'll either see stuff or get a headache.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by Benmage »

Thor665 wrote:Go ahead, squint, you'll either see stuff or get a headache.
Over committed? Why replace into a game if you're in too many?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by Benmage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Because I'm not joking about the mod telling me sekrits.
Faraday is my personal fan clubs #2 Fan. Beat out only by my #1 fan Seacore. You can definitely trust me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Benmage wrote:
Thor665 wrote:Go ahead, squint, you'll either see stuff or get a headache.
Over committed? Why replace into a game if you're in too many?
:?
I actually didn't say I was over committed, just that I had limited functionality for reading up past pages of the game as you can't do that effectively via short check ins while at work. Also, note initially that I was fairly willing and able to hop in quickly because honestly I didn't expect the "oh dear gawd u scumz!" reaction I got when I said what my re-read schedule was like. At that point either I kept posting and give you and MoI an anuerism or I go quiet and read up as I was able to. I opted for number two as a lynch based on playstyle issues was not helpful to town and that's where we were going when I started posting. If that hadn't happened I would have been here and commenting on stuff all this time, as should be reasonably clear by my activity level in other ongoing games and even in this one until I went robot mode.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by Benmage »

Hmm that doesn't sound correct. Why didn't you from the getgo go:

"Hey I don't have the time to read what I missed...but in my limited time I can at least stay concurrent go me!"

Rather you said you'd prefer to keep actively posting then reading 5 pages while 5 new pages form meaning you get nowhere.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Actually Ben, I think I did communicate that my intention was to actively post while also reading up at a slower pace. I also indicated to the mod right when I replaced in that there was a bit of V/LA in my situation and he reported as such and I know because Twilight lampshaded it.

If I produce quotes will you then admit that active posting while not being able to read up isnt scummy and join me in asking MoI wtf on his issue with me doing that? Because if that's the carrot I'll do it. Otherwise iso me yourself - it's not that long of an iso.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Whatevs, I'll do it for a presumed carrot

#13 in my iso - very first time someone dinged me for not reading up...and it's Twilight Sparkle not MoI...have I wronged someone,?

No, wait, here it is.
ISO #5 - don't comment on cases till you catch up, and I say 'okay, I'll see it when I catch up' which is not saying "never shall I catch up" and also has MoI acting like I'm a jerk for him to link or point me towards his awesome Twilight case (which I've still missed, halp!)

I'll just hate them both then.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:12 pm

Benmage wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Because I'm not joking about the mod telling me sekrits.
Faraday is my personal fan clubs #2 Fan. Beat out only by my #1 fan Seacore. You can definitely trust me.
K

UNVOTE: unvote

Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 2.16

Twilight Sparkle (5) MagnaofIllusion, Benmage, Raivann, Zdenek, Hasdgfas

Bunnylover (3) Ghostlin, xvart, Danakillsu
danakillsu (1) Kast
Ghostlin (1) DTMaster
Thor665 (2) Shadow1psc, Nexus
Feysal (3) LynchMePls, Setael, Locke Lamora
Zdenek (3) Twilight Sparkle, Bunnylover, Feysal
Nexus (1) Magua

Not voting (2) Thor665, DrippingGoofball

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch. No majority at deadline and there'll be no lynch.

Envoy to the Eyrie
[/u]

Setael (1) Danakillsu
Bunnylover (6) MagnaofIllusion, LynchMePls, Nexus, hasdgfas, Setael, Locke Lamora

Raivann (4) Bunnylover, Ghostlin, xvart, Feysal
Zdenek (1) Kast
Thor665 (4) Zdenek, Benmage, Twilight Sparkle, DrippingGoofball
Nexus (1) Raivann,
xvart (1) DTMaster
Twilight Sparkle (1) Magua

Not nominating (2) Shadow1psc, Thor665

With 21 alive it takes 11 to sent someone to the Eyrie

* Killed is killed. No flavour.
* Kast is on V/la. As is Nexus. As is Zdeneek.
* Any mistakes in the VC point them out
*The deadline can be found here.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Twilight Sparkle (5) MagnaofIllusion,
Benmage
, Raivann, Zdenek,
Hasdgfas

Bunnylover (3) Ghostlin, xvart, Danakillsu
danakillsu (1) Kast
Ghostlin (1) DTMaster
Thor665 (2) Shadow1psc, Nexus
Feysal (3)
LynchMePls, Setael, Locke Lamora

Zdenek (3)
Twilight Sparkle
, Bunnylover, Feysal
Nexus (1) Magua

Feysal wagon is full of wholesome townie goodness.

VOTE: Feysal

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by Benmage »

Thor
Question:

As I skimmed your iso like you asked I got stumped early on.

First post is just a “hi”
2nd post 4 days later you have 8 pages down. That’s Feb 19.
-Where you joke vote Miku.
6 days later is your next post where you say you haven’t done any further reading.

Let me correct myself.

Your 3rd post a brief one prior to the 6 days of nothing was on pg 32.

The post 6 days later appears on pg 40.

But you read the 8 pages from pg 32…to 40.!!??

Why didn’t you read from pages 9 to 17??
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Ben - I actually barely understood your question. Basically you're wondering why I read 6 pages as opposed to reading 6 pages - that's really what you're asking, isn't it? The only difference would be one was a linear following of pages and the other wasn't. I disagree that one set of 6 pages is inherently superior to read than another. Your personal opinion may vary, but it is just a personal opinion. I was more interested in where the game was currently than where the game had been.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by Thor665 »

While we're at it - I've read this page and not pages 52 and 53. So...I'm still doing this.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by Benmage »

Your commentary isn't adding up.

You said you couldn't read up..but could stay concurrent.

If you couldn't read-up how did you read the 8 pages from 32 to 40?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Because I've also said reading up is different from being concurrent, so when you say I did the one while not doing the other I sort of nod my head yes and go, yes...?

And I read those pages because I wanted to play actively and being aware of end of Day 1 and start of Day 2 is more important than middle of Day 1 if you want to start commenting in the active game of Day 2. I really feel like we're being sucked back into the debate of whether or not it's scummy what order I read the pages and away from you accusing me of never saying I was playing actively while reading up and I have shown posts showing that I said it. What are you accusing me of at the moment exactly? Because if it's just a playstyle debate let's drop it because it's pointless and we can debate it after the game is over if it makes you happy.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Benmage »

You said you were too busy to do the reading. You back that up in 1389
Thor665 wrote:Actually Ben, I think I did communicate that my intention was to actively post while also reading up at a slower pace. I also indicated to the mod right when I replaced in that there was a bit of V/LA in my situation and he reported as such and I know because Twilight lampshaded it.

Okay that’s fine. That’s why it took you 4 days to read the first 8 pages. No problems there.

I’m trying to understand how you said:
Thor665 wrote:I had limited functionality for reading up past pages of the game as you can't do that effectively via short check ins while at work.
Reading 8 pages from 32-40 and making the post you did...doesn’t seem like quick checkins.

So I think this comment was you trying to cover up tracks. And it backfired.

The point is you did have the time to read.

You read pages 1-8. And then chose to read 32-40. And then over the next few days from Feb. 25th through the 28th occurs up through pg 44 occurs the back n fourth. What you got hounded for.

Also. Even if lets say you had the time to read those 8 pages from 32-40 and found that more worthwild. And then when you got hounded for not having read 8-32 why at that point didn't you explain your time constraints in a manner similar to:
Benmage wrote:"Hey I don't have the time to read what I missed...but in my limited time I can at least stay concurrent go me!"
So you unfortunately used some truth in your plea that you replaced in with some limiting constraints.

You then used this truth to cover up your actions. Why? You're scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”