Newbie 1066 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:25 am

Post by Vordark »

bvoigt wrote:
Vordark wrote:You believe this possibility, even when taking into account all of his past behavior, is enough reason to wait seven RL days to see if he's even going to resume posting?
It's a possibility, and nothing bad is going to come from our waiting.
Fair enough. I would like to hear Maxous, Thian and TWIE's opinion on delaying the game on account of RG's latest disappearance.

@Crazy:
Are you taking RG's gone until Sunday post as a V/LA, or will he be subject to prodding? Also, given the current situation is replacing him off the table? I'm hoping so.
bvoigt wrote:
Vordark wrote:Moreover, would you believe any claim that might come from him?
Probably not, but I might be willing to believe him if he breadcrumbed.
I asked this question with my mind including any breadcrumming as part of the claim. Personally, I would find it difficult to believe anything he says at this point even if his tongue came notarized.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Crazy »

Vordark wrote:@Crazy: Are you taking RG's gone until Sunday post as a V/LA, or will he be subject to prodding? Also, given the current situation is replacing him off the table? I'm hoping so.
I'm counting it as V/LA.

As for replacing him; normally I wouldn't replace someone that's only gone for a week, but if I get 4 PMs from any living players requesting that I replace him, then I'll start looking for a replacement.
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Thian »

Breadcrumbing? Why are we talking about breadcrumbing and potentially outting someone to mafia! *face palm*

RG is either scum or very anti town and neither is good.

[b[Vote: RG[/b]
~I told you it was a bad idea to tell her she smelt like hot dogs!~
Games Completed
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Thian »

that should be
vote: RG
Games Completed
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Maxous »

Vordark wrote: Fair enough. I would like to hear Maxous, Thian and TWIE's opinion on delaying the game on account of RG's latest disappearance.
If he says he has something on in RL, then so be it. I don't place much stock in how often a player posts, rather in how much they say when they do post. In short I don't mind.

@Thian: That vote seems unexplained. Anti-town means he is town and you just put him at L-1. Why do you think he is mafia rather than simply anti-town?

VOTE: Mozamis
I am not convinced by him at all on day 2. He is suddenly convinced Garm is mafia after defending him the entire day 1. He has'nt properly explained the reason he is convinced Garm is mafia despite being asked. Bvoight does not immediatly vote for Garm and Mozamis claims Bvoight is scum but does'nt want to explain the reason. He is constantly claiming for a quick-lynch on RG the obv mafia, despite what happened yesterday with RG hammering too early - which is part of the reason he says Garm is mafia I think. It looks like he discussed strategy with his partner and changed his approach.
Give me a break :/

Garm may well be his partner though. Hmm.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by Thian »

Maxous:
Points have already been brought up, so I will be just explaining things that may be repeated, so be patient at least with that.

His disinterest in the game could be acting, why would he rush a night phase so early? we lost quite a bit of investigation time on week one on account of him. He hammered without real explanation and went after the IC. Unfortunately with the title IC, it brings about a certain idea that they are some how better than a newer person. This could scare or intimidate mafia to either be lynched quickly, or night killed the first night or second night. That is my guess as to why the quick hammer. Get rid of the IC immediately and not have to worry about being questioned by them later on.
Games Completed
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by Crazy »

Vote Count:

Vordark
(0)
RaudhrGarm
(3) - mozamis, Vordark, Thian
TheWayItEnds
(0)
mozamis
(2) - RaudhrGarm, Maxous
Thian
(0)
bvoigt
(0)
Maxous
(0)

Not voting
(2) - TheWayItEnds, bvoigt

With 7 alive, 4 votes will achieve a lynch.

The deadline for Day 2 is
March 24th
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

So i went and looked at the NS lynch again. Here's how it plays out.
Page 6: moz vote
Page 7: bv vote (til lynch) moz unvote
Page 9: moz vote
Page 12: Trendall, Vordark vote (1 post apart)
Page 13: RG hammer

Elapsed time from Trendall vote to RG hammer 2 and a half hours.

Fun fact: Second time this game Trendall and Vordark piggyback votes within a few posts of each other.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Thian wrote:Breadcrumbing? Why are we talking about breadcrumbing and potentially outting someone to mafia! *face palm*
I think you misunderstood. If, hypothetically, RG claimed a power role, and pointed out a convincing breadcrumb, I might believe him.
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by Vordark »

TheWayItEnds wrote:So i went and looked at the NS lynch again. Here's how it plays out.

Fun fact: Second time this game Trendall and Vordark piggyback votes within a few posts of each other.
This seems like you are trying to say something. Can you elaborate? Also, can you give us your opinion of the RG situation?
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Post by Maxous »

TheWayItEnds wrote: Fun fact: Second time this game Trendall and Vordark piggyback votes within a few posts of each other.
That would of been an interesting point on day 1, but Trendall flipped town. Unless you're suggesting Vordark is following others votes?

@Bvoigt: Am I right in reading that you're going to hammer Garm after a claim?
Who would be your second suspect if you had to choose?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:16 am

Post by Vordark »

Maxous wrote: VOTE: Mozamis
I am not convinced by him at all on day 2. He is suddenly convinced Garm is mafia after defending him the entire day 1. He has'nt properly explained the reason he is convinced Garm is mafia despite being asked. Bvoight does not immediatly vote for Garm and Mozamis claims Bvoight is scum but does'nt want to explain the reason. He is constantly claiming for a quick-lynch on RG the obv mafia, despite what happened yesterday with RG hammering too early - which is part of the reason he says Garm is mafia I think. It looks like he discussed strategy with his partner and changed his approach.
Give me a break :/
This post bugged me all night. I've been avoiding staring at Moz over the last few RL days, since I appeared to be the only one getting such a scum vibe off him on Day One when I made my case. Looking back through his posts now, though...

Post #287:
mozamis wrote:well, lets get a BW going on SOMEONE. Obviuosly i would say NS. But a few people seem to find RG dodgy, so we could get one going on him.I just think to get Vordarks desired "eruption of involvement" we really need to get the heat on someone. At least L-2, if not L-1.
Not caring who gets a bandwagon is troubling. In the last bit, he's pushing to get the vote as close to a lynch as possible.

Post #289:
mozamis wrote:
Maxous wrote:^
Did'nt you say you thought RG is town?

I suppose RaudharGarm is laying low again until myself and NS forget about him. Confused townie surely, what part of that vote on Trendall looks like confusion?
Yes I do think Rg is probably town, and NS is prob. scum.
So I'd rather have a BW on NS.
But if everyone else wants to go with RG, I'd go with that. (sheeping?). On the basis better to have a BW on someone than no one.
But lets crank up the BW on NS folks!
Moz says RG is "probably town", but is wishy-washy enough to go with him if everyone else wants to because "better to have a BW on someone than no one". The last sentence is also continuing the train on NS.
mozamis wrote:Sorry NS :(
Ok, so I realise i have ZILCH scum hunting credibility right now having pushed hard for NS lynch.
But ASSUMING that at least one of those on NS Bw is scum, that leaves bvoigt, vordark and rg.
Vordark is town i think. Just dont think scum would have tunnelled for me quite so much as vordark did.
so rg or bvoigt?

the way rg hammered looked dodgy.
VOTE RAUDHRGARM
First post after the mis-lynch. Moz makes a suspect list from the NS BW, based on the idea that at least one of them is Mafia. The list is bvoigt, me and RG. He eliminates me because of my "tunnelling" and basically flips a coin here, backing it up only with "the way RG hammered looked dodgy".

In #311 she pushes bvoigt to vote RG. In #313 calls bvoigt RG's scum partner. Thus follows...
bvoigt wrote:Oh, now I'm scum? Why?
mozamis wrote:lets get rg lynched and the we'll deal with you scum
bvoigt wrote:No, really. Please explain.
A short interchange between bvoigt and RG leads to this Mozamis post in #324:
mozamis wrote:hmm either some damn good bussing going on from bviogt or i am wrong YET again.
Ok, lets bin my suspicions of bvoigt and concentrate on stringing up RG :)
Next, Maxous and bvoigt both ask Mozamis to explain his remarks regarding bvoigt:
bvoigt wrote:
Maxous wrote:@Mozamis: Please answer why you think Bvoight is mafia?
Yeah, please answer this. Even if you don't think I'm mafia anymore, explain what your thought process was.
To which he responds:
mozamis wrote:no i dont think i want to. Completely fair question. I shouldnt have mentioned it really-better for town if we concentrate on one scum at a time rather than the scum team. If we lynch rg and bvoigt still looks suspicious, I'll explain it.
bvoigt asks...
bvoigt wrote:I just want to know your thought process. Or were you just flinging around random, baseless suspicions?
And Mozamis ignores it. When it appears that we're not moving forward on an RG lynch, Mozamis posts #344:
mozamis wrote:ok then i guess we should all wait and not post properly for a week until RG gets back. Otherwise, there's still one scum amongst us who will try and get us to lynch someone else.
Suppose we have to post something otherwise we get replaced, but i strongly recommend we do as little as possible until RG gets back.
I like absolutely none of this. I think Mozamis needs to start answering some questions and explaining his reasoning.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:59 am

Post by bvoigt »

Maxous wrote:@Bvoigt: Am I right in reading that you're going to hammer Garm after a claim?
Who would be your second suspect if you had to choose?
Yes. Depending on his claim, and his answer to the following question, I might hammer.
bvoigt wrote:
RaudhrGarm wrote:There...aren't...clues?

*Insert nooooo! compilation*
If this doesn't imply that you knew there weren't clues, what
is
it trying to say?
As for my second suspect, it depends on RG's flip. If he's scum, I'd go with Thian. It seems like a bussing situation, and his vote fits the bill. If RG is town, I'd look at mozamis because of his refusal to answer a pretty simple question.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:01 am

Post by bvoigt »

Also, why do you say "going to hammer?" If I was going to hammer no matter what, it would be pointless to ask for a claim.

@TWIE: What is your opinion of RG?
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:13 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

Uh, the RG situation is... annoying.

While he hasn't done a single pro-town thing all game, maybe waiting until he comes back for him to say hes the cop with a guilty would be beneficial.

So I would say we should either wait for him to come back or get a replacement into his spot before we kill him.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:17 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

TheWayItEnds wrote:So i went and looked at the NS lynch again. Here's how it plays out.

As for this post, I was just trying to track the wagon. NS sat at 2 votes for 3 full pages, then died within 7 posts. 3 votes in less than 3 hours... is really fast, and i wouldn't be really surprised if both scum were on this wagon.

But then again.... Thian has still been pinging my scumdar.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:21 am

Post by Vordark »

TheWayItEnds wrote:But then again.... Thian has still been pinging my scumdar.
Can you tell us again why this is? Thian's writing style is a bit hard for me to follow (it takes me about five reads on average to digest one of his posts, but that's just a personal thing I'm sure), but the only thing that has rubbed me the wrong way was a comment he made about Moz early on where he said he was trying to end the day early. That seemed like a pretty big reach, but only moved him +1 for me. You appear to have a stronger read so I'd like to see your case.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:39 am

Post by Maxous »

bvoigt wrote:Also, why do you say "going to hammer?" If I was going to hammer no matter what, it would be pointless to ask for a claim.
Perhaps I should have said 'willing'

@Thian: Have you dropped your suspicions of TWIE and Mozamis?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:52 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

I don't know if i have a stronger case as it were... but Thian was my top suspect day one and that L-1 vote doesn't sit well with me.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Thian »

Maxous:
No, I haven't from Mozamis. So yes, I am still wanting to vote either or. RG or Mozamis. Thewayitends, I re-read and it is coming across more townish.

TheWayItEnds:
Eventually someone is going to be at L-1, I think the reason why L-1 is rubbing you the wrong way is because of what happened on day one with a quick lynch. Would you feel better if I voted for my second suspect Mozamis twie?
Games Completed
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:37 am

Post by mozamis »

lets just keep focused on rg people. too much talk is good for scum.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

mozamis wrote:lets just keep focused on rg people. too much talk is good for scum.
Um...... what?

Thats literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by Maxous »

Yeah this was the guy compulsively voting for people on day 1 for not talking.
Compeletly changed his attitude during the night period.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by Vordark »

mozamis wrote:lets just keep focused on rg people. too much talk is good for scum.
Unvote
Vote: Mozamis

Your last sentence is the most anti-town statement I can think of.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Vordark wrote:Your last sentence is the most anti-town statement I can think of.
Anti-town, perhaps, but is it more likely to come from scum? I'm not seeing it.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”