Newbie 1067 - Game over - Town Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:37 am

Post by PeRrY-_- »

@Les again,i will say this again, this is a game of deception, nobody is always as they seem
Les Guilelesser
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Les Guilelesser »

Please observe these two sayings of Inspiratieloos!!!
inspiratieloos wrote:We lynch Les now, we lose the rest of the day. I agree that he should be lynched, I'm just waiting.

Mist, you first said that you had a slight scumread on Les, then a few hours later you said "Lynch him. LYNCH HIM NOW!!" based on the same post. What happened and why did you want him to die immediately?.
In the first Inspiratieloos claims with 100 percent that Les Guilelesser is a scum. But in the second... he doesn't know for sure and asking Mist for more evidences.
This proves that he wants to lynch me without any ground just because I am a Townie and he is a maf.

\Inspiratieloos
When buying or selling you can hardly avoid sin. So, in either case, be sure you lose a little in the transaction.
(Evagrius the Solitary)
Les Guilelesser
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:42 am

\vote: Inspiratieloos
When buying or selling you can hardly avoid sin. So, in either case, be sure you lose a little in the transaction.
(Evagrius the Solitary)
Les Guilelesser
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:25 am

PeRrY-_- wrote:@Les again,i will say this again, this is a game of deception, nobody is always as they seem
Thank you, I know :D
(Evagrius the Solitary)
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:08 am

Post by PeRrY-_- »

note the bolded
Les Guilelesser wrote:Please observe these two sayings of Inspiratieloos!!!
inspiratieloos wrote:We lynch Les now,
we lose the rest of the day. I agree that he should be lynched, I'm just waiting.

Mist, you first said that you had a slight scumread on Les, then a few hours later you said "Lynch him. LYNCH HIM NOW!!" based on the same post. What happened and why did you want him to die immediately?.
In the first Inspiratieloos claims with 100 percent that Les Guilelesser is a scum. But in the second... he doesn't know for sure and asking Mist for more evidences.
This proves that he wants to lynch me without any ground just because I am a Townie and he is a maf.

\Inspiratieloos
why would mafia want to have the day last longer? they dont know who the doc and cop are( hopefully they dont out d1). hes trying to make the day last as long as possible so we can get more info out of other people
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:59 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I see that trying to get some more information that doesn't have to do with Les is going to fail...
Question: Is there any reason for me not to hammer Les once someone puts him at L-1 (yes, I'm vindictive :evil: )

I really shouldn't do this... Les I'm not 100% sure you are scum, more like 90% (I have however already decided to try and get you policy lynched if we ever play again together if you flip town), but more than 25% is good enough for a lynch D1 so:......No.....Must.....Save.....To.....Hammer....

On mist: She could be your scumbuddy and after reading others comments decided that you were going to die and that the best course of action was to bus you. You could be town and she could have decided you were an easy lynch. She could also be town with an innocuous reason for being 'outraged' while she apparently had read the same things before and had already responded neutrally on it. But I'm never going to find out if I don't ask.

btw, where did Nacho go?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:46 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Day 1 Vote Count 5

Les Guilelesser 3 - - Hazard, Mist,dysorder
(Lynch -2)

PeRrY 1 - Nachomamma8
Inspiratieloos 1 - Les

Note: ESCHO VOTE ON MIST POST NO93 IS NOT COUNTED... NO UNVOTE

Not voting

inspiratieloos
PeRrY
Escho
Kcdaspot

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline Saturday 19th March 10AM EST
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by PeRrY-_- »

i really dont want to vote for les, but i might have to, but ill try not to
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Sorry for the absence guys. Two big posts upcoming.

First off, I think that Les is town, based on the following things:
Les" wrote:First of all I would like to ask you a question, guys. When a player is lynched will his role be revealed to the other players?
And if it is so, please note that it is Hazard with a Glove who proposed for me the death penalty.
This shows a townie mindset in a couple of ways. First off, the question is asked as if he was going to be lynched soon, which is important. If it wasn't, there would be no reason to ask it. This means that he's asking us to look at Hazard after he is lynched, which is important because this makes no sense from a mafiate standpoint.
Les wrote:As a result my post has brought out a storm of "brain analysis" and is coming down to its conclusion ... lynching Les Guilelesser.

Mafia has already won this day! Sorry, but this is the truth. Mafia may call it the day!
This seems to me to be more like resigned townie than anything. Although, I would love to hear Kcda's interpretation of it.
Les wrote:What I propose is to unite true town members and increase our chances of hitting the right target.

I have revealed my role (a Townie); so do not vote me, of course. By supporting me now the Town increases the chance to lynch a maf (mathematically our chance to lynch a maf rises up to 3 out of 7).
He writes this as if we are supposed to know he is town once he's claimed, which doesn't come from a mafia point of view at all.

There's also the added fact that the only person protesting Les's lynch is myself... I've never met mafia so eager to lynch their partners on D1.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Next, why Perry is scum:
PeRrY-_- wrote:Hey guys, just checking the votes really quick since I'm on my phone and ill look at it more when I get a chance, so ill vote later
Promise, but no content. He's also admitting to logging on just to check the votes; which, honestly, shouldn't be interesting at all to a townie. Mafia, however, is looking for who's voting them and their partner.
PeRrY-_- wrote:All right sorry for lack of posts, at school atm so I can't make a super large post (on a phone) so ill vote
VOTE: nacho
Because I'm hungry :cool:
His only vote of the game, random, unvoted two posts later.
PeRrY-_- wrote:well right now ive got nothing to really say. not trying to lurk but im new here trying to learn the ropes here, much much different than EM or in person. if you can squeeze a paragraph out of me its a miracle ^.^
Scummy, considering that he's been promising books and huge post... Why make a promise you can't keep, unless you're just trying to look good?
PeRrY-_- wrote:And now i start my book (or as close to one as i can >.>)

i cant really tell if less is just acting noobish, or is one(like me) but some things hes said kinda make me suspicious like :
Les Guilelesser wrote:The core problem and fatal weakness of this Town Community (for those who on the Town's side) in this game is that they have adopted "why he said so?" approach so early brought in by more experienced players (Nachomamma8, for example, purposefully?).

As a result you have overdone it and lost in the blind alleys of misunderstanding and false decision making.

To change this I put forward some provocative and not matching terribly well statements in my post # 75, thouthg clearly indicating that I am a Townie. (Sure, I read lots of manuals on this game and I also know, as some of you do (Lady Mist7676, for example) that the player who mentions Cop for the first time can well be on the Mafia side and other tricks that are not so obvious for a newcomer; I played this game a lot with cards when a student with slightly different rules, though I am playing it for the first time on the net.)

As a result my post has brought out a storm of "brain analysis" and is coming down to its conclusion ... lynching Les Guilelesser.

Mafia has already won this day! Sorry, but this is the truth. Mafia may call it the day!
now to me, this is kinda scummish i kinda agree with kcdaspot on the fos. again he could just be new but i could be wrong. ive seen people play the newbie card pretty well and not be newbie. i dont really want to vote putting him L-1, so ill hold off so we can at least have more info

im kinda like Les right now, trying to stay alive, but im trying to find scum so i feel somewhat safer, so for now ill wait for more posts to see if i can find out if people are anywhere remotely scummy
This is one of two posts with content, only commenting on Les. This demonstrates tunneling and sheeping...

And for those that believe that Les is scum, Perry is the most likely buddy. He says that although he believes Les is scum, he doesn't want to vote him but "will if he has to". He also chainsaw defends Les in his ISO #21 where he attacks inspira for his desire to prolong the day.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

so what your saying is that perru is scummy with les... but what if... and i'm streching here but what if les flips town? I've dealt with this kind of play before, most of his scummyness came from the fact he was from a different country.

long story short that slot was replaced but was town... now if les is committing the same mistake here what would happen to perry? sure his outward attack on les is overzealous but as of right now we honestly can't say it is or isn't justified..
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by PeRrY-_- »

im not trying to sound like les here but im not a mafia. i really was on my phone. i have had barely anytime between work and school. by me saying "i will if i have too" im not trynig to be scummy, im just saying i dont want to put him l1 with what little info we have. im not trying to play the newbie card. im gonna stop posting from my phone to cause confusion since it keeps me logged in and the short post "ill post later" arent helping. the only reason i went on les is because i havent really seen anything from anyone else. like i said before, not trying to play the newbie card, just still getting used to it here
Les Guilelesser
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:12 pm

\unvote:

I have unvoted Inspiratieloos because I think him to be Town. I would like to supoort my opinion with the following:

I proceed from the assumption that Inspiratieloos finds me to be a townie. This is why despite heavy pressure (especially in my post # 151) and all the attrocities I had previously committed towards him he did not vote for me. (This is typical of Town, because mafia would have used this moment to vote to get rid of the player who lacks just 2 votes to be lynched).
(Evagrius the Solitary)
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

Nacho: also to your second point on les...

I can't really say... but given his post style it may be town.

although I can't say how I like/dislike him voting someone then unvoting him after the person he votes just posts once...

thinking about it, if anything depending how he plays, he may be a more solid D2 lynch.

it's 1 am here i have to sleep. now.
Les Guilelesser
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:26 pm

Need to correct my grammar in post # 162

I have unvoted Inspiratieloos because I think him to be Town. I would like to support my opinion with the following:

In spite of heavy pressure (especially in my post # 151) and all the atrocities I had previously committed towards him Inspiratieloos did not vote for me. (This is typical of Town, because mafia would have used this moment to vote in return to get rid of the player who lacks just 2 votes to be lynched).
(Evagrius the Solitary)
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:13 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

ispira had only one vote on him.....

heavy pressure is what you are under now les.
Les Guilelesser
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:39 am

@ Mist7676
I seek for mafiascum.net-wife to be the one that inspires me to move on, to cooperate with me so we can live better, to e-love me and stands besides me in good or bad etc.....
To make it short, Mist, could you... unvote me, please?
(Evagrius the Solitary)
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Hazard with a Glove »

unvote
Vote:Inspire

He's been talking so much about how he's trying not to vote Les, but if he's at L1, he may have too. To me it looks like he's trying to make it ok for him to quick hammer Les. Also, Perry is looking pretty scummy.
I have not yet begun to procrastinate
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by PeRrY-_- »

if you guys believe its me, go ahead and vote, i dont care, itll help narrow down who the scum really is
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

If Les is scum I'm definitely not his scumbuddy, I hope that's obvious. If he is town and I were scum I would have voted him at post 76 and if not then definitely post 133. After it looked like he finally might start doing something productive after a lot of prodding, but then decided that his opinions were worth more without argumentation.

I wont quickhammer anyone, but I do want to be the one to hammer him. I can understand someone having a hard time understanding the game or just being bad at it, but he seems to be unwilling to learn and that annoys me personally. (I admit that saying I wanted to hammer him probably wasn't the smart thing to do, but I did say it and now I'm going to do it too)

Nacho seems to be the only one that can ignore all of this and keep looking at the other players (I'm not doing it myself either) if we don't lynch him (Les) today that is going to continue. Besides that, he is easily the most scummy.

Oh and Les for the record: Mist is apparently 13 years old... that last comment was creepy... :eek:
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by Hazard with a Glove »

Had you voted at post 76 and 133, it would be very obvious that you were mafia, and then lynched day 2.
I have not yet begun to procrastinate
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Kcdaspot wrote:so what your saying is that perru is scummy with les... but what if... and i'm streching here but what if les flips town? I've dealt with this kind of play before, most of his scummyness came from the fact he was from a different country.
No. I'm saying that Perry is individuallly scummy, and that Les is town. But on the offchance that Les IS scum, then Perry is almost certainly the buddy.
Perry wrote:if you guys believe its me, go ahead and vote, i dont care, itll help narrow down who the scum really is
This is a fantastic reason that Perry needs to die, now. Note the differences between Les and Perry as they begin to fall under pressure, and how Les is trying to find the mafia while Perry is saying that he doesn't care if he's lynched or not despite saying earlier that he was trying to survive.

Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

okay so reading over all of what les has said... it's very scummy if each post is taken bit by bit.

but taken as a whole in context... i'll have to say, with a small remark on how les needs to calm down a but and think his posts through (HEY MIST SOUND FAMILIAR? WINKWINKNUDGENUDGE), I will ultimately say the he is indeed town.

that perry case is intriguing as well. I'll ISO him now.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

my god, he says NOTHING until his 15th-16th posts where he sees everyone on les's case.

he's been on his phone or so he claims for almost all of the game and when he gets around to it he repeats everyone's case on les for a read.

the ONLY benefit of a doubt i'll give him is the phone thing but that has got to give.
dysorder
dysorder
Townie
dysorder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by dysorder »

My apologies for being quiet, the past few days have been slightly hectic for me. Let's be honest though, not much has changed in this game. Les is still acting incredibly bizarre, and Perry is still maintaining his couple of line posts...

The thing is, I'm not so sure either are scum at all anymore. I agree, after reading over them a bit more, that Les' language barrier could be an influence into how his posts read, as well as his obvious desire to insert some roleplay into this. This brings me to another point: With Les making some MASSIVE noise, chaos and confusion, keeping him around could only be a good thing for scum. If they keep the raving, lunatic Townie around, that means they can keep most people distracted and manouvre around them. That said, they also have to be seen to be similarly chasing down the raving lunatic, but making sure they keep him around. Something had been bugging me all weekend: Nacho had placed his vote on Les, making it -2 and made sure it was known in #89, but as soon as I get it near hammer with my vote at #100, he unvotes and promptly changes course, picking a new target. He claims the day is young, and wants to hear more from Les, but swerves and starts charging at Perry. If this was someone who did think that Les was acting scummy, he should be pressuring Les more. I'm fine with removing the vote to save him from being hammered, that makes sense. But he doesn't put any more pressure on Les at all, simply leaves him alone and within a few of Les' bizarre posts, he concludes that Les is town after all and Perry is undoubtedly scum. Incredibly suspicious, from my point of view.

With that wall of text said and suspicions raised, I'm keeping my vote on Les. I don't want this noise distracting us from finding real scum. It's too easy to let a townie survive, only to have him make all the wrong noise and distract us, only to end up with Mafia swerving us against each other during the day and capping us in the night.

Also, for those who are now highly suspicious of Perry, don't you think that if he was scum (and new at that), he would have actually found time to write up a whole big post by now? If all he has to do is write a few paragraphs giving his thoughts and ideas on the game to get you people off his back, any mafia (and especially a new, paranoid player) would succumb to that to stay within the confines of the game and not look suspicious. I really do think his reading/posting on his phone claims are valid, and just seems like someone who can't really play the game right now.

tl;dr - I think Les and Perry are town, Les is annoying noise and maf are using him to distract us. My vote stays, but I'm looking at Nacho suspiciously. No finger, not just yet.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”