GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I really think that our pair arguing and ignoring PO/Espy is a hysterical joke.

I'm town this game Mari. You know I have no scum meta to speak of and stole my play straight of Kitten in our last game, but am I stealing someone's play here? No.

That VP scumtell was awesome, and I could have lynched you guys yesterday if I was scum, then whipped out that VP tell. So don't gimme that "you are all scum" today. I don't trust that you're not scum, but I do trust you're logical, and PO/Espy are starting to really bug me.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Also we now have EmpTyger cleared of being kcdaspot/BS partner. Do we find him scummy for any other reason, because I still am leaning no.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I really have a town read on GreyICE. His willingness to go along with me leads me to believe that either he honestly believes it, and he's town, or he's scum and I have incorrectly cleared one of his scumteams in my dram/werewolf & Kise/PrayPiotr town reads.

However, it follows that if I am confident in my own claims, then I am confident that GreyICE is actually town.

I have not seen the scumminess others have in him. I'm sick of this whole "I'm a martyr! Just lynch me!" attitude. If you're town, play the fucking game to your wincon and try to find scum. If you're scum, stop going directly against your wincon by inviting people to lynch you.
SensFan wrote:
Antihero wrote:No, werewolf should have been force replaced. I think a majority of people here will agree with me.
Shut up. I've had enough with multiple people already PMing any or all of {Me, Yaw, StrangerCoug} that I'm not finding replacements fast enough for people who flaked. I'm not going to fucking replace someone who is posting frequently in the meantime. That's my last word on the subject. Got it?
You're NOT finding replacements fast enough. It's day fucking five, page fifty fucking five, and we're still waiting on replacements.

Werewolf has posted TWENTY ONE TIMES during the course of this game. That's about 1/55th of the actual posts in the game, which is not acceptable. FURTHEMORE, his posts all contain less than 100 words in each one. He has not made a sufficient post during this game. If you were being an active mod and actually keeping up with prods, he would've been prodded about ten times by now, and then been force-replaced. So don't try to pass it off as he's "posting actively", because this game has been going on for over two months now, and he's posted only 21 times, which averages out to be less than the required amount.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Addition: it's not town's job to moderate activity by lynching people who aren't meeting the activity requirements. In fact, that puts us at a great disadvantage. It's the mod's job to ensure activity, not ours. If you can't keep up with activity or post vote counts more than once every week and a half or two weeks, perhaps you should ask a backup mod to step up to a comod capacity in order to ensure that this game runs smoothly from here on out.
green shirt thursdays
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Either way Mari is being nice and hypocritical while still firing off the odd scumtell today.
Don't @ me.
Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by Ashblade »

I'm back from V/LA and glad to see my partner is back too (I replaced DarlaBlueEyes). Vezok was scum and now they're both gone? Even better.

For the last time, Grey and Anti are town. I'll eat my hat if they flip werewolf. This is the town play I recognize from Grey and I see his thought process and Anti is hunting (I do not agree at all with those that don't see this). Reck is very very likely town too that I'd be surprised if they flipped scum. The only signs he might be scum are in his partner and I'm fully willing to pass that off. I still don't quite agree that Emp should be left off the hook, but I do agree there are better targets to go after.

Tomorrow I'll begin reading again, for now though I'm liking either one of Mariyta/Tragedy, and Espeonage/PO as good starting wolf leads.

One question though, is Mariyta always this... uh... attacking when someone gives even a remote amount of suspicion? I know this game hasn't been calming on anyone but come on.
I'm back... sorta. Not joining anything else until I know if I have enough time to keep playing. V/LA for most weekends. Apologies for my flake.

WHY ASHBLADE YOU FUCKERS? HE WAS THE LAST ORIGINAL TOWNIE THE LAST YOU KILLED A LEGEND - GreyIce
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by Antihero »

Ashblade wrote:One question though, is Mariyta always this... uh... attacking when someone gives even a remote amount of suspicion? I know this game hasn't been calming on anyone but come on.
Yeah, that's actually pretty normal, but that's kind of a natural instinct, so I can't blame Mari.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by SensFan »

This is my last word on the subject of replacements.

It is my job to judge if a player is participating in the game, and to replace them otherwise. It is not my job to judge how much content a player is contributing, and nor will I attempt to. werewolf's last post is 10 hours ago, and so he is not close to eligible for a prod, much less a replacement. If he goes past 3 days without posting, I will prod him at my earliest convenience, and then if he does not respond to the prod by posting in-thread, he will be replaced. This goes for everyone.

You're perfectly within your rights to think that I'm not doing a good enough job of replacing people quickly, and that's your right. But I've had two instances of access issues (one of which was my fault, the other when the board wouldn't load for me for about 48 hours), and I've already replaced 4 people in the 5 weeks this game has been running. Your experience may be different, but I've been doing my best to find any necessary replacement(s) - at this point I need 1. I'm doing my best to find replacements in a timely fashion, and I apologize if one replacement is taking longer than you might have expected.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Antihero wrote:
Ashblade wrote:One question though, is Mariyta always this... uh... attacking when someone gives even a remote amount of suspicion? I know this game hasn't been calming on anyone but come on.
Yeah, that's actually pretty normal, but that's kind of a natural instinct, so I can't blame Mari.
Wait, so she gets a free omgus pass?
Don't @ me.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by Antihero »

Did I say that Mr. Strawman? No, I don't believe I did.

BTW, OMGUS isn't even close to a scumtell.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Then correct my interpretation of what you said.

As for omgus, I would agree but when you look at the tone used and the overreactions associated with her particular brand of omgus it does become a scumtell. That has already been talked about though.
Don't @ me.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Antihero »

My point was that OMGUS isn't a scumtell, and the reason why is because it's a natural tendency.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

SensFan wrote:This is my last word on the subject of replacements.

It is my job to judge if a player is participating in the game, and to replace them otherwise. It is not my job to judge how much content a player is contributing, and nor will I attempt to. werewolf's last post is 10 hours ago, and so he is not close to eligible for a prod, much less a replacement. If he goes past 3 days without posting, I will prod him at my earliest convenience, and then if he does not respond to the prod by posting in-thread, he will be replaced. This goes for everyone.

You're perfectly within your rights to think that I'm not doing a good enough job of replacing people quickly, and that's your right. But I've had two instances of access issues (one of which was my fault, the other when the board wouldn't load for me for about 48 hours), and I've already replaced 4 people in the 5 weeks this game has been running. Your experience may be different, but I've been doing my best to find any necessary replacement(s) - at this point I need 1. I'm doing my best to find replacements in a timely fashion, and I apologize if one replacement is taking longer than you might have expected.
Re: Werewolf
Time of iso post 7: 2/06/11 @ 9:43AM
Time of iso post 8: 2/11/11 @ 4:13PM
Elapsed time between the two: 5 days, 6hrs, 30 minutes

Time of iso post 9&10: 2/14/11 @ 6:08PM
Elapsed time between the two: 3 days, 1hr, 55 minutes

Time of iso post 11&12&13: 2/19/11 @ 9:01PM
Elapsed time between the two: 5 days, 2 hrs, 53 minutes

Time of iso post 14: 2/22/11 @ 12:06PM
Elapsed time between the two: 2 days, 15 hrs, 5 minutes

Time of iso post 18: 2/23/11 @ 4:33PM (this post was just a quote of another post, by the way)
Time of iso post 19: 2/28/11 @ 7:56PM
Elapsed time between the two: 5 days, 3 hours, 23 minutes

Time of iso post 20: 3/03/11 @ 7:25PM
Elapsed time between the two: 2 days, 23 hours, 29 minutes

Time of iso post 21: 3/06/11 @ 11:01PM
Elapsed time between the two: 3 days, 3 hours, 46 minutes

@MOD:
Just because you don't get on and check for prods in your game regularly doesn't mean a player hasn't warranted a prod (by my count, missing the prod deadline SEVEN times). This is going by your implied deadline of:
Rules wrote:[12] If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread or PM me. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
He has been MIA for a total of 27 days, 6 hours.

This game itself has only been running for about 35 days. This is unacceptable. Just because you're too lazy to find replacements doesn't mean you can ignore a glaring issue. werewolf isn't even in this game. And I know you're not going to judge content, but some of those 21 posts consist of: just quoting what other players said, only voting/unvoting someone, posting pictures irrelevant to the game itself, and general non-game-related bullshit. EVEN WITHOUT CONSIDERING THE CONTENT OF HIS POSTS, he's way below the required activity standard, and you need to replace him. Plain and simple.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Sorry, I need to calm down a bit.

But this is a poor modding job and he needs to get off his ass and do something about it. The blatant disregard for his responsibilities is pissing me the fuck off. Dramonic & I had to scramble to find over ten replacements for Reckamonic's Ocarina of Time, and that game was over 200 pages. This is just lazy modding.
green shirt thursdays
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:Espy

WEREWOLF WAGON GO!!!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:44 pm

Post by Purple Orange »

Huzzah, back.

@ Grey: Be of good cheer, we'll at least spare you the annoying practice of rolling over and dying whilst spouting enigmatic comments. (And you should vote for Emp because I've had a persistent townread on him, duh).

@ Tragedy: this wasn't a rhetorical series of questions. (Well, ok, the IIoA one was a cheap shot, but still).
Purple Orange wrote:Sure...but what do you think is the significance of full pairs being on a wagon? Are you saying you think scum are more likely to join in full pairs? Do you find the decrease in pairs notable? Are you just putting up pretty charts of IIoA? And why did you think that the full pairs were more important to inform us of than splits?
@ Anti:
Antihero 1175 wrote:Emptyger - townish reaction to wagon makes me rule him out;
What did you see as townish about his reaction to the wagon?

=============
Mariyta wrote:Tragedy's going to be very mad at me for this, but I think you guys should just lynch us. As Reck pointed out, there's plenty of mislynches left and we're going to be a point of contention until we're lynched. It might be easier if we're out of the way.
WTF? a) the only people I'd buy this argument about are pairs like vezok/Misty, and b) you should thank silavor for being equally stupidly suicidal, because it's the main thing making me hold off on calling this scummy...and this still makes more sense as a Baby Spice sort of WIFOM than it does as sincerity. (Seriously, if anyone has any warrant to be going all, "oh just kill me!" today, it's not you two).
Kise wrote:I'd actually be cool if everyone but the highest rated town-picks were speedlynched. It's like, if this many players think they have good leads, let's go ahead and get them out the way and see what we're left with (if anything) after getting rid of the scummy ones. I don't see why order of elimination matters.
...sooo, maybe this is another matter best suited to mafia discussion, but ala the above, I DO NOT THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA AT ALL. Maybe I'm just too bloody influenced by the fact that Espy and myself have been under the gun and possible lynches practically every damn day? But you get information from deaths in large part based on how people wagon them, and everyone agreeing to a consensus quicklynch just lets scum happily get away with wagoning town with about zilch consequences, and/or avoid incriminating connections with their scumbuddies. (Again, maybe better suited to mafia discussion than here. But seriously, the only way I'll agree to a lynch like this is if everyone is just so bloody fed up with this game nothing is happening, and we desperately need SOME flip just so that things can happen. I believe we were starting to hit a wall like that on Day 2, but I do NOT think we're at that point right now).

And how many people does this mean you were/are happy to speedlynch in a row? Unless I'm interpreting this dead wrong, I'm counting at least three pairs yesterday under those criteria (vezok/mist, me/Esp, Mari/Traj), possibly four if we throw dram/wolf or Emp on the pile. How many pairs (and which pairs) did you see as being "top rated town reads"?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:08 pm

Post by Kise »

I see your question, but I just came to
Vote: Esp
for now. I promise you guys won't be quicklynched.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:18 am

Post by EmpTyger »

I think Mariyta is town.
Mariyta wrote:New rule. Kcda posts in his QT what he wants to say, then Baby relays it to us. Save us a mislynch from moronic play.
I don't see a werewolf proposing this. Mafia or town, yes. Not werewolf.

Her posting lately is ridiculously unhelpful. But I think she's town nonetheless.

I'm leaning towards PO/Espeonage. Want to reread something before I vote though. Contrawise, I'm thinking GreyIce/Antihero are town, but want to reread something else before I say so definitely.

Mariyta:
What's this meta about GreyIce/Antihero?

dramonic:
Which of PO/Espeonage are you seeing as the pretty town one? And, for what reason?

Reckoner:
EmpTyger wrote:Everyone should copy/paste the loverpairs into their quicktopic, if they haven't already.
EmpTyger wrote:Also, again:
Everyone cut/paste the pairings into their quicktopic.
Any reason you won't do this?

And *you*'re the one who dragged this out by ignoring me, and then blowing it up with an overreactive hissyfit and making me drag responses out of you. *I*'m the one who directly answered your questions each time. Next time, maybe when I ask you the first time to explain further, instead of ignoring or blowing it up with an overreactive hissyfit and making me drag an answer out of you, you could, you know, simply say what xyz is.

Seriously, you're in a mafia game. And you're acting like someone trying to objectively probe a contradiction you made, to determine whether it has an innocent explanation or not, is the most outrageous thing in the world. It shouldn't be, for town.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:33 am

Post by Mariyta »

Espeonage wrote:Either way Mari is being nice and hypocritical while still firing off the odd scumtell today.
THEN FUCKING LYNCH ME!!! I don't want to play anymore and the chances of getting a replacement for me is nil. If you lynch me, Tragedy can come back as someone else's partner, since she doesn't have any extra information. Win-win. And it's not against my wincon to ask to be lynched. My wincon is to help the town win. Right now, Tragedy and I are huge targets because you all can't seem to understand her posts. (And Esp thinks I'm scum, but hasn't posted a legitimate case). Lynch us, then that pair won't be an issue anymore. You can move on to catching the real scum. And everyone who's bitching about my play can fuck off. Hypocrites to the max. Either lynch me or
replace me.
I'm done.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:47 am

Post by Antihero »

PO wrote:What did you see as townish about his reaction to the wagon?
The "dog with tail between his legs" diction towntell and overall attitude.

Why did you zero in on that? What did you gain from that answer? Do you disagree with that assessment of Emp's play?
Kise wrote:I see your question, but I just came to
OK, everyone with a solid townread on Kise, explain this.
Mariyta wrote:
Espeonage wrote:Either way Mari is being nice and hypocritical while still firing off the odd scumtell today.
THEN FUCKING LYNCH ME!!! I don't want to play anymore and the chances of getting a replacement for me is nil. If you lynch me, Tragedy can come back as someone else's partner, since she doesn't have any extra information. Win-win. And it's not against my wincon to ask to be lynched. My wincon is to help the town win. Right now, Tragedy and I are huge targets because you all can't seem to understand her posts. (And Esp thinks I'm scum, but hasn't posted a legitimate case). Lynch us, then that pair won't be an issue anymore. You can move on to catching the real scum. And everyone who's bitching about my play can fuck off. Hypocrites to the max. Either lynch me or
replace me.
I'm done.
Mari, I'm starting to think this game might not be so good for your blood pressure (it's not for mine). :(
No matter what role PM you got, we all still like you as a person and would still love to have you in this game.
Take a few deep breaths before responding to people or take out your anger on something inanimate before posting. I find punching bathroom mirrors and stabbing pillows repeatedly with scissors effective, but you probably want to go with a punching bag or stress ball.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:15 am

Post by GreyICE »

Mariyta wrote:
replace me.
I'm done.
*hugs*

Sorry hun. I knew it was bad after BotW, but I don't mean to inflict pressure on you.

Just take a breather. Tragedy will play for a bit.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:29 am

Post by GreyICE »

Llamarble is in a hyrda with me in a different game btw. And in another game I play. He's been absent from all three games for ages (hydra is basically me plus a few random thoughts of his in the QT). So that is a
null tell

Ashblade feels town. I'm feeling good here"

TOWN
xRECKONERx - Nero Cain
?Llamarble? - Ashblade! (I forgot who your partner was, sorry. You'll love him! As soon as he comes back. Smart guy)
Dramonic (Self-lover)
PrayPiotr - Kise
Maryita - Tragedy
EmpTyger - ?Thingyman?
PurpleOrange - Espeonage
SCUM

PO, I KNOW you're a good player.

Lynches I want to consider today:

Espeonage - scummy as fuck. Sorry, PO, but unfortunately you're an excellent player, and that means I'm less sure of my town read on you, and your partner is a scumbag :P
Tragedy - By request. I find that lynching people who ask to be lynched is usually in the town's best interests in the long run. Especially when it doesn't cost us a night kill.
Kise - I don't think Kise is proven town or whatever, Reck. So, I'm happy, happy happy with the lynch.

Point me, anti!

P.S. If we hit scum at some point, Reck, please support a Werewolf555/Dramonic lynch.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:19 am

Post by Purple Orange »

Kise wrote:I see your question, but I just came to
Um...how the heck do you think you can guarantee that, especially given the fact you just lowered the lynch threshold?

And why no answer to the questions? How many would have been safe from your proposed quicklynch purging? Three pairs? Four pairs? Five pairs? And who would they have been? And did I correctly identify the pairs that you would have happily speedlynched? Were there more? Do you still think a speedlynching party is the way to go?

Why AREN'T you going ahead with pushing a speedlynch on us now? (Well, actually, you're pushing it with your actions and opposing it with your words, so I guess you still are). You seemed to propose this as a happily good solution to things yesterday.
Antihero wrote:The "dog with tail between his legs" diction towntell and overall attitude.

Why did you zero in on that? What did you gain from that answer? Do you disagree with that assessment of Emp's play?
Because that point in the game was when I was LEAST sure he was town. I think because it felt TOO tail between the legs (and way different from how he'd been posting all thread). If someone had an opposite read from me on those posts, I wanted to know why. Plus I wanted to better feel out the relationship between your pair and his.
GreyICE wrote: Espeonage - scummy as fuck. Sorry, PO, but unfortunately you're an excellent player, and that means I'm less sure of my town read on you, and your partner is a scumbag :P
So...you think I'm scum because my play has sucked this thread? (I think that's what you're saying?) Does that count as using the meta you've been saying is worthless? :neutral:
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:22 am

Post by GreyICE »

No. I'm saying your partner is really scummy.

And you're a very good player. Meaning town reads on you are less certain than town reads on mediocre players who are less capable of blitzing me.

I still prefer Kise, and have no clue why reck thinks he's town.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:24 am

Post by SensFan »

Espeonage - 3 (Mariyta, Nero Cain, Kise)
Tragedy - 1 (Espeonage)

16 to lynch
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”